USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just read 20 pages of this in thread in one sitting and am freaking out. How likely would it be for my score to come out tomorrow if I took it 8/21? That turnover time sounds unheard of but I'm trying to decide if I should just submit my ERAS application on the dot tomorrow when it opens to give myself the chance of submitting without my CK score showing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So my permit disappeared.. But does anyone else have

This on their on ECMGF IWA page?

Request to Extend a USMLE Eligibility Period (EPEx) for Step 2 CK

So my permit disappeared.. But does anyone else have

This on their on ECMGF IWA page?

Request to Extend a USMLE Eligibility Period (EPEx) for Step 2 CK

I do.
But my permit is still there.
When did it disappear for you?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Permit gone and took the exam 08/15. So that should mean my results come in tomorrow? right on the mid august line lol.

Did your permit disappear?
Do you mind checking if you have this on your IWA page
Request to Extend a USMLE Eligibility Period (EPEx) for Step 2 CK ?
My permit disappeared Wednesday or Thursday of last week. Took the exam on 7/13. I'll check the IWA thjng when I get home

Not necessarily.
May just mean you won't be getting scores tomorrow. When did you take your exam?

08/15 and most people who took the exam around that date don't have their permits anymore. So, maybe it's true. Maybe it means I did fail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your permit disappear?
Do you mind checking if you have this on your IWA page
Request to Extend a USMLE Eligibility Period (EPEx) for Step 2 CK ?
took the exam early august, don't see the permit or any other options of my nbme page.

I gave the exam on 8/21 and my permit has disappeared.. by any chance can I expect the result tomorrow or it's just something unrelated?

I gave the exam on 8/21 and my permit has disappeared.. by any chance can I expect the result tomorrow or it's just something unrelated?
When does your eligibility period expire? If it expired already than the disappearance of the permit has nothing to do with your score release. If not then you'll get your score tomorrow. I suspect the earlier because it'd be too soon for your score to be released.

When does your eligibility period expire? If it expired already than the disappearance of the permit has nothing to do with your score release. If not then you'll get your score tomorrow. I suspect the earlier because it'd be too soon for your score to be released.
Permit expires in October.. was pretty sure will get results next week.
Good luck to you for tomorrow:):) I'm sure you are gonna be relieved..

Took exam Aug 30. Permit dissappeared. Eligibility period doesn't end until October.

What do you mean by disappeared? Does the "Print Permit" button still exist? Mine does but it says:

Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active.

Yes, mine says the same.
What do you mean by disappeared? Does the "Print Permit" button still exist? Mine does but it says:

Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active.

So last 3 week thats how mine was.. and I didn't get scores.
This week the whole "Print Permit" link was gone.
Took my exam 07/20

Reactions: 1 users
Omg are you people seriously propagating these permit conspiracy theories again? The presence or absence or a permit means absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 6 users
I appreciate you all on this journey we've been on together. You all have been an extraordinary source of community, support and not feeling so alone in the often extremely unhealthy and unpleasant situation we all share that is medical school and these Board Examinations which have gotten out of hand and need to be put back into perspective with a more genuine system of values. I know that there were probably ten-fold more people that came through and looked at these threads too who don't have accounts or just never posted. Having this place where we can all relate and speak our fears and hopes without an overly harsh critic kicking you while you're down is one of the most important things for my health and sanity that there have been. There really is a lot of love on this board, and these exam threads go against the stereotypes of the cut throat, competitive medical student. There is a lot of humility and empathy shown in high amount every year.

Reactions: 6 users
I just got my score definitely a horrible score but i am glad i did pass.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I had hoped. Glad this **** is done with. I think it was the diarrhea I had on the day of my exam for sure. Curve is generous! 260+ the step 1 questions seems to count!

Reactions: 3 users
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I had hoped. Glad this **** is done with. I think it was the diarrhea I had on the day of my exam for sure. Curve is generous! 260+ the step 1 questions seems to count!

"The step 1 questions seems to count!" I know right??

Did you guys get an email before you score was posted? I took my exam on July 24 so I'm expecting it today too. No email yet though

IMG , Just received my score .

Step 1 score = 259
Uworld average = 80%
UWSA1= 266
UWSA2=259
study plan : 40 days of Uworld only once

real step 2 score = 255
not happy , not sad , am OK with it , although I wished something like step 1 not lower

Did you do UWSA or NBME?

Did you do UWSA or NBME?
I did USMLERX (hard questions) + step 2 FA + step 1 FA (just quick glances) + UWORLD. My step 1 score was 255+. Prep time was 4 months while in residency (I could study a lot during my work ours due to my residency structure though).
Uworld % = 75%. One and only pass.
UWSA 1, 1 month out: 251
UWSA2, 1 week out: 254 (I cheated on this exam, paused it because I was really tired and didn't think the real deal questions would be so long haha)
Free 120: 90%

Last edited:
I did USMLERX (hard questions) + step 2 FA + step 1 FA (just quick glances) + UWORLD. My step 1 score was 255+.
UWSA 1, 1 month out: 251
UWSA2, 1 week out: 254 (I cheated on this exam, paused it because I was really tired and didn't think the real deal questions would be so long haha)
Free 120: 90%

And the real score was similar?

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time :)

Congratulations you crazy nerds and best of luck for all of your future endeavours!! Keeping making the medstudents community proud and keep setting the bar higher and ****ing over the next generation :claps:
As someone who's currently on board the CK train, i think i speak for everyone on the train when i request you guys to please take out the time to mention your prep time, UW average, UWSA and NBME scores and the final score, and also a little advice for people prepping for CK right now. It would help us a lot :nod:
Best of Luck for the match boys and girls!:clap:

Reactions: 2 users
And the real score was similar?

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time :)
Thanks. Overall, questions were somewhat shorter on the real deal BUT I spent a lot more time trying to figure them out because of the lack of important information.

Last edited:
Got my score back

IMG
Step 1: 217
UWSA1: 1 month out241
UWSA2: 5 days out 251
Real deal Step 2 CK: 237 :(

Test was tough tough, I felt like I straight failed. I am glad I passed it but was expecting a better score since I had that UWSA2 assessment. I was burned out from a lot of studying and very nervous during the test but I am glad that I passed it. I was praying I passsed tbh.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users