UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone is quiet lately! We definitely need to start some new discussion...So, when are yall planning on moving up here? Anyone already know where they are going to live? Or already live here?

Who all plans on taking the 'refresher' courses this summer?

I am planning to move up in late May or very early June (about 3 months!) and intend to live in the Keller area because it will probably be closer to my wife's job and it is a nice area for my family. I will most likely be taking the bus to TCOM area everyday which will give me time to relax (maybe study) and will get me out of driving in the I-35 traffic all the time. As for the summer classes I am probably going to pass since I have taken things such as biochem (1 year) pretty recently and I want to enjoy my summer before the rigors of medical school begin!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, did any of you all attempt to apply to TCOM via the early decision program? I'm curious about stats of anyone that got accepted or didn't get accepted. I also wanted to know if anyone had more information in general about the program (advantages, disadvantages, time frames, etc).

I have an interview at WVSOM March 3rd for starting Aug 08, but I'm playing with the idea of going to TCOM due to financial reasons... (I'd be in state for Texas, not WV. Therefore it's a very significant difference in price!)

Thanks for whatever input anyone has!

Just curious about the stats of those of you who interviewed and were accepted to TCOM. If yall could please share it would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be moving sometime in late June or early July. I'm not sure if I'll be taking the refresher courses. It just depends on a few things that may or may not happen around the same time. I'm looking at several apartment complexes around TCOM on a few websites. Rent seems pretty low. I'll just have check them out to see if I'd be comfortable with my girlfriend being there alone while I'm at the school.

My stats can be seen by clicking the MDapps # under my avatar.

Everyone is quiet lately! We definitely need to start some new discussion...So, when are yall planning on moving up here? Anyone already know where they are going to live? Or already live here?

Who all plans on taking the 'refresher' courses this summer?

We still haven't decided on a moving day yet. We have to decide this week if we want to build a new house, and even if we decide now it probably won't be ready until the end of July :(
If we get into an existing house, hopefully it will be in June. Location- still undecided.

I will definitely take the refresher courses this summer.

I was wondering if anyone else who has been accepted to TCOM happens to be LDS. I'm an OOS and was wondering if you know the area (and wards) better than I do. I have a family so I want to live fairly close, but in a good neighborhood. Also, if anyone else knows about the public transportation there, that info would be helpful. Price? Do they go right by the school? Etc... You can either PM me or just reply to this post so everyone can have that info. Thank you!

Yeah our thread has gotten pretty pathetic. Where are you guys getting this information on these summer refresher courses? I haven't really had any correspondence from TCOM since match day. I still don't know when I am planning on moving to FW. It will be no later than early July. I am putting it off as long as possible, because I am sad to leave dear ol' Lubbock. Have you guys gotten anything in the mail or e-mails or anything?

Yeah our thread has gotten pretty pathetic. Where are you guys getting this information on these summer refresher courses? I haven't really had any correspondence from TCOM since match day. I still don't know when I am planning on moving to FW. It will be no later than early July. I am putting it off as long as possible, because I am sad to leave dear ol' Lubbock. Have you guys gotten anything in the mail or e-mails or anything?

Just the email about the upcoming chat.

I have a question for the class of 2012 and maybe past students:

I am currently applying to their post-bac program and although I know quite a bit about it and the interactions I'll be getting, this question is about the PDA and the laptop, in particular.

I was planning on getting a new laptop when entered the program, so I did not hear about needing one for the post-bac. Also, when entering the med school part of TCOM, is it possible to request to use your own laptop? I fear this especially because a $2000 charge to tuition for what will most likely be a subpar Dell (terrible history with them...I will never trust Dell again) is something I want to avoid if possible.

Maybe could these necessary programs be requested for installation? The problem is I have heard that it is a tablet as well, but even then, I would prefer to do my own shopping/research.

Thanks!

EDIT - I found a PDF http://www.hsc.unt.edu/newstudents/ComputerInfo.pdf

listing the info, so I guess that answers my technical question. Another question would be what everyone thinks about this and their PDA. I've heard one testimony that the PDA isn't essential, but useful here and there. How is it?

Concerning the computer you will be getting, some students in our class (1st year) do not use their tablet I would say 1 or 2 total don't. You will be buying this computer no matter what, therefore I would not purchase one for the post-bac program. The computer you will be getting will be the best available tablet at that time. The computer for class or 2012 is still not decided, there is a group of students working on getting a great computer for you and they do this each year. They say what they like/dislike about the current model and then make changes accordingly.

Hope this helps

As far as PDA you don't use it all that much 1st year but you do use it some.

Thanks for the info. Another question: if I am in the post bac, will I also have to purchase the tablet for this year along with the med students? I don't want to assume that I can ride into TCOM just by getting in.

Again, it is unfortunate that they require the purchase, but I am glad they take suggestions for the next tablet, because there are some good and bad ones.

Btw, sorry if it this is about the post-bac program, so kind of off topic.

Thanks for the info. Another question: if I am in the post bac, will I also have to purchase the tablet for this year along with the med students? I don't want to assume that I can ride into TCOM just by getting in.

Again, it is unfortunate that they require the purchase, but I am glad they take suggestions for the next tablet, because there are some good and bad ones.

Btw, sorry if it this is about the post-bac program, so kind of off topic.
The post bacs don't have laptops like we do, they all show up with their powerpoints printed off and they take notes on them. Our laptops are included with the med school tuition and are HP tablets, and while there have been some problems, overall they have functioned well. I was talking to someone on the committee to decide 2012's laptops, but they are still testing many options out. I hear the new HP tablet is pretty nice, improves on some of the problems we had. There are going to be flaws in any choice that is made, but ours are a MAJOR improvement over 2010's Gateway non-tablets, and 2012's will most likely be a major improvement over ours.

Members don't see this ad :)
And about the PDA, Palm TX or any other cheaper PDA that supports the Skyscape software. We use it a little, but you will probably buy a newer, better one once you get out on rotations 3rd and 4th year when you may actually use it.

Thanks for the info YOTA. I'm guessing the post-bacs can live without the tablet until (hopefully) med school. As for the PDA, I'm guessing post-bacs don't need them either.

The new Palm TX is pretty expensive in comparison to some other ones, even the Palm Tungsten or whatever it was called. It's strange that they would claim the requirement on the first day, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it, right?

What chat? I was getting e-mails from them earlier for things like the Preview Day, but that is the last thing I've gotten.

Here is the email:

Save the Date!! The Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine is hosting a special online chat specifically for incoming DO students. We will have representatives from medical admissions, student development, financial aid, and faculty members participating in the chat. This is your chance to ask anything you want to know about being a medical student at TCOM.

The chat is scheduled for Tuesday, March 3, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time. You’ll be sent the appropriate URL and instructions for how to log-in prior to the chat.

Topics you may see questions about include (but are not limited to):

* Schedules
* Summer reading assignments
* Tablet PC
* Orientation
* Housing
* Insurance
* Transcripts
* Loan disbursement checks

The possibilities are endless!

We’ll see you there!

The chat is scheduled for Tuesday, March 3, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Im almost positive that is an error and it is supposed to be Monday, March 3rd.

For those planning on going, please tell us how it is. I am especially interested in the tablet PC that will be chosen for this year :)

It definitely seems worth the time to make it out there.

For those planning on going, please tell us how it is. I am especially interested in the tablet PC that will be chosen for this year :)

It definitely seems worth the time to make it out there.

It's an online chat so I doubt anyone would actually have to go out to the school, if that's what you're talking about.

Hey, if you need to know stuff about TCOM, just PM me and I'll be happy to share.

Here is the email:

Save the Date!! The Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine is hosting a special online chat specifically for incoming DO students. We will have representatives from medical admissions, student development, financial aid, and faculty members participating in the chat. This is your chance to ask anything you want to know about being a medical student at TCOM.

The chat is scheduled for Tuesday, March 3, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time. You’ll be sent the appropriate URL and instructions for how to log-in prior to the chat.

Topics you may see questions about include (but are not limited to):

* Schedules
* Summer reading assignments
* Tablet PC
* Orientation
* Housing
* Insurance
* Transcripts
* Loan disbursement checks

The possibilities are endless!

We’ll see you there!

Thanks for your help. I e-mailed the Admissions office and I figured out that my Texas Tech e-mail was shut down, because I graduated. My only reason for posting this is to inform others who have graduated that they may need to contact the admissions office to update their e-mail address.

It's an online chat so I doubt anyone would actually have to go out to the school, if that's what you're talking about.

Oh, online. I'mmm dumb :)

And Mallory, thanks for all of the help, even though I'm not in (though very hopeful someday).

I was wondering if somebody could please give a class schedule of their week.

I'd be appreciative if someone wanted to copy the chat and past it into a post on this thread. I'll be working, and unable to attend, but am interested in many of the topics being discussed.

Yes! I'd like to see what topics were discussed as well, since, well, I am not in the med school but am currently processing for the post-bac.

I would suggest possibly not buying a house. I did buy a condo nearby, and I totally lucked out with a great place near the school. There are some good condos close to the school.
(Most of the houses near the school are super-expensive and old.)
However, when you get to year 3 and 4, you have the option of going elsewhere for your clinical rotations. They had Corpus Christi as an option for us (and the people there seem to like it a lot), and I hear that they will have Baytown pretty soon. If I hadn't bought a place, I would have considered Corpus.
There are a lot of great small apartment complexes near the campus. Look on DOSAF (the TCOM message board http://dosaf.hsc.unt.edu/index.php ) for info from current students, or look on this website: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate?a=vccbc&name=76107
Also, drive around campus, go a little west of campus, too, and there are some unlisted small places.
If you can't get into DOSAF yet, here's a few comments I copied from it:

"This is something that I wish I would have known when I first came to Fort Worth. I now live at the Renaissance Gardens apartments, and I highly recommend them to any TCOM student who is currently on an apartment search for medical school. Several TCOM students live there already, and the management loves to have students there. Call the front office for all of the details (817-732-6473), but I will say that the apartments are spacious and well-kept, management knows you on a first name basis, maintenance is fantastic, the location is perfect (less than 10 minute drive from school, right off of I-30, and close to food, shopping, and entertainment). They have one and two bedroom apartments (10% discount on the one bedrooms, and 1300-1900 sqft 2 bedrooms for under $600). Definitely worth checking out. Be sure to mention that you are an incoming TCOM student.

I know there is also a link on our school website for housing information... I believe it is on the Students website listed as Housing Opportunities -- it's a good way to find a roommate as well."
"I live in Churchill Apartments, 6 mi from school. I recomend it highly for anyone that has large dogs. Really great place. Cheap but nice. Also if you run or bike it's great beause it is right on the Trinity Trial. I am facing the river and takes me 15 steps to get to the river :D"

If you are certain you want to buy, you may want to go a bit further from campus, but commuting far is bad, because you will need every second of that time. I have to give kudos to the real estate agent I used, because she did a lot online to help me out. Her name is Kendall Rojas. [email protected]

p.s. the assistant dean will read anything you post on DOSAF, so don't put anything stupid on it, or he will learn your name and make you unhappy.

Has anyone received the link for the Online Chat for Monday yet? Just making sure, cause i have also changed my email since graduating and it worries me that i may not be getting important info. Thank goodness for SDN :)

Has anyone received the link for the Online Chat for Monday yet? Just making sure, cause i have also changed my email since graduating and it worries me that i may not be getting important info. Thank goodness for SDN :)

nope....no link for me

nope....no link for me

Email came out today! :thumbup: Here's the info:

The chat is scheduled for MONDAY (not Tuesday as indicated in the original email), March 3, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time. You can join the chat at any time during the 90 minute period. Go to http://www.hsc.unt.edu/organizations/tcom2012/class.cfm and click on the yellow online open house icon. (Check out the rest of your class website while you're there! It's still being updated, but there's a good start.)

Weird, I received an email too. It seems they have a scheduled time for GSBS people, but the email invited me to the TCOM 2012 chat too. I guess I'll be joining you guys :)

If no one has volunteered already, I'll transcribed the chat or screenshot it and post it here. I'll do the same for GSBS but I guess that's for the post-bac thread.

I'm not sure about transcribing it; the email they sent out today asked that only incoming members of the 2012 class "attend". So they might not want to go public with it.

Hmm, I see. That does make sense. I guess the best thing we can do is paraphrase.

I'll take notes as we go along so hopefully that'll help. I also don't know if I am supposed to be there or not. They have a chat scheduled for the GSBS people the next day, so I'm wondering if I can attend both.

The worst part is it might be for naught because they don't even release final decisions until April 21st :(

Hey, did any of you all attempt to apply to TCOM via the early decision program? I'm curious about stats of anyone that got accepted or didn't get accepted. I also wanted to know if anyone had more information in general about the program (advantages, disadvantages, time frames, etc).

I have an interview at WVSOM March 3rd for starting Aug 08, but I'm playing with the idea of going to TCOM due to financial reasons... (I'd be in state for Texas, not WV. Therefore it's a very significant difference in price!)

Shruggersphi,

I applied to TCOM via the Early Decision Program (EDP) because TCOM was my first choice. I fell in love with Osteopathic Medicine and wanted to stay in Texas, so I went for it. The only drawback (if you can call it one) to the EDP is that if you apply and they accept you through the program, you have to commit to that school. Only Texas Tech School of Medicine and TCOM use the EDP in Texas.

You have to apply earlier for the program (Applications due 8/1) but you also get an earlier decision (repsonse by 10/1) so that if not accepted, you can apply elsewhere.

More info. available at http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/OtherTopics.htm#EarlyDecisionPrograms

and http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/Admissionsreqs.cfm

Hope it helps!

Hey everyone! I was a postbac 2006-2007. I didn't make the 3.5 (I had a 3.46, boo!!). I learned a ton of new information during the program, even though I had previously taken most of the courses during undergrad (like biochem, cell bio, anatomy, etc.) If you have been out of school for a while (that was my problem), or you have GPA issues, the postbac program is a good way to go. Just a few words of warning, however. It is a pretty damn pricey way to get a master's degree that is useless unless you continue on to med school. TCOM also only holds about 15-20 positions for the postbacs... For any of you who aren't familiar with the program, TCOM automatically interviews anyone in it, but will not extend an offer until after spring grades are posted, because they typically only extend offers to students with a 3.5 or higher GPA in the postbac program. The year I finished, we had 40 students total in the postbac program, and appx 20 made over the 3.5. They only extended offers to 16 of those people right of the bat, and everyone else got waitlisted. They did offer the switch into a different grad program (one for clinical research) for the students that knew they weren't going to make a 3.5. I considered switching in to that program, but I am an optimist and held out for TCOM. Didn't get an offer then, but I'm going now, so I guess the postbac program wasn't all bad! I know for a fact it helped when I retook my MCAT, esp the biochem!

TCOM, thanks for that note. It seems strange to me that they would do that, it now it all makes sense considering the 3.5 deal. Furthermore, what happens if you apply and have a good shot at the school as is, post bac or not? I'd like to see how they handle that situation. Anyhow, I am still waiting until April 21st to see if they take me.

On another note, the post bac online chat is this thursday and I read the email wrong. Apparently I can't go into the med school chat so all of those that go, please let us know the details :)

Did anyone save the TCOM chat from this evening? Unfortunately, I was working and unable to get online! Of course they had to do it on a Monday night! Sucks for me. Anyway if someone has it saved or can give me the general important things mentioned please PM me!

I'm still wondering if it is ok to transcribe what was covered in the chat since all they said is that the chat will not be transcribed for you. I plan to transcribe the Thursday night chat anyway and take notes based off of that in case I might be stepping on a legal land mine or something.

Speaking of which, would any of you here want to know about the post-bac chat topics? I mean, I plan to post the report in the post-bac thread, but is anyone here curious about this as well?

No problem, flushot! I wish I had known someone who had been in the postbac program before I decided to do it! I definitely don't regret it, but I wish I had all the info before jumping in!!
And to answer your question, they assume that anyone in the postbac program needs a little boost up to get in, so once you are in that program, you have to wait until it's done before TCOM will fully consider you for admission. Other schools are different (whether in Texas or out-of-state), they will still consider you in the general applicant pool regardless. So if you're worried about your chances, or you think you would like to be a little better prepared for med school, then the postbac program is great. The classes, for the most part, mimic what you would take as a first year student at TCOM. Most of the postbac students in the past have done extremely well their first two years of med school due to the additional preparation. Literally, it's the same professors teaching you the same subjects, whether you are taking biochem as a part of the grad program, or you are in the first lovely chunk of classes known as cell science (includes biochem, just very condensed) in the med school.
Hope that helps, and if you have any other questions about the postbac program, feel free to ask!

Did anyone save the TCOM chat from this evening? Unfortunately, I was working and unable to get online! Of course they had to do it on a Monday night! Sucks for me. Anyway if someone has it saved or can give me the general important things mentioned please PM me!
+1 If someone wants to PM me the chat, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, ya'll didn't miss much. Everything was very vague... 90% of the responses were "You will find out more about that later."
So here's the nuts and bolts of what went down...
-Everybody asked about the tablet. The school has not yet decided which model they are going with. It is a mandatory thing, even if you already have a laptop you're going to get another, it is included in the tuition/fees. There is a faculty/current student committee evaluating the choices. We will receive the lappy during orientation.
-If you haven't filled out your FAFSA and had it sent to TCOM, do it now. Grants and Perkins loans are limited and are given on a first-come/first-serve basis. Award letters stating how much financial aid you will be receiving will be sent out before orientation (they didn't state how far in advance, grrrr.... don't they know we need to plan?)
-The PDA is entirely at your discretion. Dr. Dubin stated multiple times that we do need one, and we need it first year. Windows-based or Palm is fine, they will provide the necessary software during orientation. They also said there should be a link somewhere on the TCOM website to a page that lists the benefits of several options. I sure as heck haven't seen that page!
-The current students that were there said if you haven't taken biochem in a while (more than a year), you may want to do the biochem refresher course. It is a two-week dive in, I think they said it's $75... no grades, just to help prepare you. More info on that will be posted on the class website later, same with the online anatomy/histo refreshers.
-You do need insurance. There are providers that give a discount through TCOM, but I would recommend shopping around for an insurance plan that will fit your needs. I had the SOMA insurance when I was in the postbac program, and the prescription coverage sucks, even with their top plan.
-You need to get all vaccines/physical exam done as soon as possible and submitted to the health center on campus. They can actually block your financial aid if you don't have this done!!!!
-Required summer reading/book list will be posted shortly. They said more than likely it will be a chapter out of Robbins, but Dr. Dubin suggested that we wait to buy any books before that is finalized.
-And of course, everyone kept asking where they should live. As a resident of Fort Worth, I can tell you first hand - starting online with apartment locating websites is a good idea, but don't decide on some random place without seeing it first (unless you absolutely have no option!!). The rent in this area of Fort Worth can range anywhere from $400 to $1200 for a one bedroom apartment, just depends on how much space you need and if you want to live close to downtown. Closer to downtown = far more expensive. There are a lot of cheaper options closer to the school, and even more cheap options close to TCU (maybe a 15 minute drive away from TCOM).
-Spring Fling (April 5) is a day that is designed for us to get to know each other, some of the faculty and current students, and there will also be several area apartment communities with leasing agents present.

So hopefully that gives anyone that was curious a general idea of what was asked and the answers to those questions in the chat. Like I said, most of it was "wait and see".

Thanks! I was also curious about the FAFSA since I assume that's the same for the post-bacs. Also, that's a shame about the tablet. What if you have your own tablet? I'd hate to have a tablet forced upon me if I had the choice to shop. I'd like to know if I can purchase my own and put their software on it. But, if that happens, would the cost of the tablet from tuition be taken off?

Guess there's still things to do.

Thanks! I was also curious about the FAFSA since I assume that's the same for the post-bacs. Also, that's a shame about the tablet. What if you have your own tablet? I'd hate to have a tablet forced upon me if I had the choice to shop. I'd like to know if I can purchase my own and put their software on it. But, if that happens, would the cost of the tablet from tuition be taken off?

Guess there's still things to do.

Good question.

Yeah, I feel bad for seemingly asking the same question, but I'm dying to know. I really like TCOM (I scheduled a tour there next Friday :) ) and I'd like to know if I have a say in my tablet choice since I view it as a big investment. I hope that out of some stroke of luck they pick Lenovo but that's still not fair to others who might've wanted their $2,000 back to buy their own tablet.

I mean, if they let you choose your PDA, why not this? We should all be a little tech savvy and not be enticed by a "we'll do it for you" option when it comes to our computers.

Someone actually asked that during the chat (if they could get that knocked off their tuition if they already had their own laptop). Even if you already have a laptop or even your own tablet, at this point in time you will still be required to get the one through the school. I don't know why, that's just the response we got...

Thanks again TCOM. It's a shame that they probably have some inside deal that prevents students from getting their own tablets but I guess the one they choose won't be so bad.

Speaking of which, the post-bac talk is tonight and I might even ask roughly the same question for us. However, it's still my concern which TCOM2012 already addressed, which is about the 3.5 gpa thing.

I'm worried because as much as I like TCOM, it would be mindboggling to wait until spring of the following applicant year to hear from them when I might get offers from other schools. Is it a little strange for them to assume that just because someone went to the TCOM post bac that TCOM is the one and only? I mean, why can't TCOM consider me as a candidate as if I didn't take the post bac? Will they just ignore everything else I've done until the post-bac numbers come in?

At any rate, I'll do what I can to drive that home, since it might cost them some good candidates who do well in the program.

It's a shame that they probably have some inside deal that prevents students from getting their own tablets but I guess the one they choose won't be so bad.

Here's my 2 cents on this issue. As someone who used to do some IT work before attending school, I wasn't thrilled about someone choosing my tablet pc either.

However, I can completely understand why they do it that way. Remember, not everyone in your class is going to be tech savvy...and trust me it's more people than you think.

Also, tech support is physically on campus to help you with any computer problems and they also handle warranty issues and have replacement parts. All of this allows the student with computer trouble to avoid waiting on repairs or replacement items, which will cost valuable study time

If all the students had different models, the tech support folks would be inundated with God knows what. It's less hassle for the administration and you as a student in a variety of ways to have the same unit for everyone. Seriously, once school starts the last thing you want to have to deal with is laptop issues (ie hard drive failures, BSOD, battery and power cord died, software incompatibility, etc...)

TCOM >>> wvsom

TCOM would be my choice! congrats on being accepted

Here's my 2 cents on this issue. As someone who used to do some IT work before attending school, I wasn't thrilled about someone choosing my tablet pc either.

However, I can completely understand why they do it that way. Remember, not everyone in your class is going to be tech savvy...and trust me it's more people than you think.

Also, tech support is physically on campus to help you with any computer problems and they also handle warranty issues and have replacement parts. All of this allows the student with computer trouble to avoid waiting on repairs or replacement items, which will cost valuable study time

If all the students had different models, the tech support folks would be inundated with God knows what. It's less hassle for the administration and you as a student in a variety of ways to have the same unit for everyone. Seriously, once school starts the last thing you want to have to deal with is laptop issues (ie hard drive failures, BSOD, battery and power cord died, software incompatibility, etc...)

Sadly, I understand this completely. It also would be nice to just have someone else take care of the computer problems even if I know how to fix it. I never thought of that.

I mean, I wouldn't mind them doing this...but if it meant a lot to the student to purchase their own laptop/tablet, couldn't this student take extra measures to circumvent the standard procedure? I mean, if the school recognizes that this student is willing to go the extra mile, that probably means they can handle their own tech problems, assuming there are any.

If I ever get to TCOM, I'll probably just take their tablet and not give any trouble, but I wonder if it was years of disgruntled IT that finally pushed for the standard. And trust me, I sympathize with them. I know their job is among one of the most frustrating so it all makes sense why they pushed for this. Hopefully it will all work out for the best and they choose a tablet everyone can agree on.

Sadly, I understand this completely. It also would be nice to just have someone else take care of the computer problems even if I know how to fix it. I never thought of that.

I mean, I wouldn't mind them doing this...but if it meant a lot to the student to purchase their own laptop/tablet, couldn't this student take extra measures to circumvent the standard procedure? I mean, if the school recognizes that this student is willing to go the extra mile, that probably means they can handle their own tech problems, assuming there are any.

If I ever get to TCOM, I'll probably just take their tablet and not give any trouble, but I wonder if it was years of disgruntled IT that finally pushed for the standard. And trust me, I sympathize with them. I know their job is among one of the most frustrating so it all makes sense why they pushed for this. Hopefully it will all work out for the best and they choose a tablet everyone can agree on.
Dude, if you get to TCOM, you'll be 4 years from being a doctor... I'm there, and I'd like a say in the laptop, but at the same time, I'll probably only use it for school and build a nice desktop for home. Long story short, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal when you consider everything else happening at the moment.