2022-2023 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On the waitlist! Hoping others got some good news today :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are you automatically put on WL if no match? or is it a good sign to receive WL email

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you automatically put on WL if no match? or is it a good sign to receive WL email
It's a good sign! Last year, TCOM sent out post-II Rs on Match day as well, not just WLs, and it sounds like that this year too. WL can go on for pretty long and there's usually quite a bit of movement. I got off in May, but I've heard of people getting off in mid-late June.

Reactions: 7 users
Matched yesterday! Interviewed on 12/9 and was a late applicant this cycle, LM 68 with a low CARS score!

I have a question: how does the tech package work? do they just give us a laptop and we pay 2k or do we have any say? Thanks y’all!

Matched yesterday! Interviewed on 12/9 and was a late applicant this cycle, LM 68 with a low CARS score!

I have a question: how does the tech package work? do they just give us a laptop and we pay 2k or do we have any say? Thanks y’all!
don’t believe we have a say

don’t believe we have a say

Jhdb is correct, you don't have a say. The $2k is included in school fees so it's counted within your 1098T for tax purposes. The package comes with a couple other things too, but the purpose is so everyone's at minimum on a level playing field for exam purposes; nobody has a hardware advantage over anyone else. Laptop's yours to keep after graduation, and you can still use your own for studying. Just have to use the school provided one for exams.

Does anyone know how often we are expected to be on campus as first years? I know the previous classes had different attendance policies due to Covid, just wondering if anything has changed or if anyone (current student) has any insight

Does anyone know how often we are expected to be on campus as first years? I know the previous classes had different attendance policies due to Covid, just wondering if anything has changed or if anyone (current student) has any insight
Most lectures are recorded and aren't mandatory attendance, but you will have to be on campus for quizzes/exams, labs, and the professionalism classes. It really varies by week; some weeks you won't have anything on campus, other weeks you'll be on campus every day. Average being that you'll probably be on campus at least 2-3 days most weeks, if not more.

Post-rejection, just got the promo email for their MedSci masters program… while I am in their MedSci masters program 😭

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if exams are NBME here?
Also want to confirm pre-clerkship is P/F?
Attendance required for lectures?

Anyone know if exams are NBME here?
Also want to confirm pre-clerkship is P/F?
Attendance required for lectures?
Exams are in-house. DO schools do not follow NBME, they follow NBOME
Pre-clin is H/P/F
Attendance is not required for most lectures. Only required for clinical skills and professionalism lectures

I will be withdrawing my acceptance here as I got off the waitlist at another school. I hope it goes to one of y’all anxiously awaiting!!

A off the WL just now, OOS. Will decline, hope it goes to one of you folks. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Off the waitlist this morning! God bless! Reminder to not ever give up.

Reactions: 3 users
Also just withdrew my acceptance bc I got off a waitlist. So someone should hear some good news this week :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the waitlist!!!

Does anyone know what the procedure is with being accepted to two tmdsas schools at the same time? Do I withdraw from the school I was initially planning to go to first? Or does it not matter in which order I accept UNTHSC’s offer and give up the seat at the school I was originally planning to go to?

Does anyone know what the procedure is with being accepted to two tmdsas schools at the same time? Do I withdraw from the school I was initially planning to go to first? Or does it not matter in which order I accept UNTHSC’s offer and give up the seat at the school I was originally planning to go to?
You got them both today, right?

Umm, so I accidentally posted in the other schools thread in the heat of the moment. I matched there in March.
The answer to your question though is accept favorite school first, and when you get confirmation that they received your message, email the school you'll be leaving behind and officially withdraw from their class.

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed early August

• Love
Reactions: 5 users