University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm having horrible thoughts, like, what if they sent out 125 acceptances two weeks ago, and now they only have the slots from the people who declined? Maybe that's why almost no one has heard anything?

I haven't heard back either, but you can check "my status" through the UT website; that's what people the first time around said to look at too. Mine hasn't changed on there, so I am assuming I got rejected :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried to email the pharmacy school or Dr. Wilcox and ask any questions?

does anyone know if they send out emails all at once or individually?

i called and they told me that only some of the acceptances were sent not all, that they would send some more until next week

I emailed. Wait list for me :/. But atleast not rejected.

i called and they told me that only some of the acceptances were sent not all, that they would send some more until next week

I don't know if this is good or bad. I feel like it's false hope.

jdh327 who did you email? Do you mind providing the email address? Also what time did you send the email and how long did it take for them to respond to your email? Thank you for the help. I haven't heard anything but I desperately need to know my status so that I can plan accordingly.

Mine just says completed, not even under review?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed dr wilcox. [email protected]. Took 5 mins to get back with a generic wait list message. Figured I just needed to know. This was at 420

Do you guys think it is appropriate to go ahead and email now or should I wait a while before sending Dr. Wilcox an email?

What does everyone's MyStatus say about their application? Mine doesn't even say under review which worries me.

I emailed dr. Wilcox at 4:45 and have not gotten a response back.

since its after 5 i don't think he will reply until monday, this happened to me the last time acceptances went out i emailed him a little bit after 5 to know my status and he didn't reply until monday morning

I emailed Dr. Wilcox, and I am waitlisted as well.

What does your My Status page say?

What does YOUR my status page say? I emailed Dr. Wilcox but I think it was too late for him to respond today. My page just says completed, but i know others say under review.

The fact that there is only one person stating they received an acceptance today, and hasn't provided any further details, tells me that the acceptances probably didn't go out today. At least a few others should have chimed in at this point.

The fact that there is only one person stating they received an acceptance today, and hasn't provided any further details, tells me that the acceptances probably didn't go out today. At least a few others should have chimed in at this point.

Several people found out they are on the waitlist though, if they emailed Dr. Wilcox before he went home at five. It makes me think that all of the spots are filled and people will just get accepted based on others dropping out of spots or something.

Several people found out they are on the waitlist though, if they emailed Dr. Wilcox before he went home at five. It makes me think that all of the spots are filled and people will just get accepted based on others dropping out of spots or something.
Yeah this is what I think as well. This is disheartening. Why would they wait until next week to send out all the emails? Do rejections come through the snail mail? How do they notify of waitlisting?

Yeah this is what I think as well. This is disheartening. Why would they wait until next week to send out all the emails? Do rejections come through the snail mail? How do they notify of waitlisting?

I think you have to email Dr. Wilcox to find out your actual status, otherwise you don't know anything. MyStatus just tells me my application is "complete" which really tells me nothing. Some people say theirs status says that it is "under review", which sounds more optimistic, but that makes me really skeptical about my own application status.

Rejections only come through normal mail. They don't like to give bad news twice, but I suppose if you ask Dr. Wilcox he will tell you.

Yeah.... disheartening:cry:

I hear you. I had some particularly unique circumstances surrounding my application and interview...

I feel terrible, but I won't even know if I'm on the Waitlist until Monday. :(

Here's what my email said:

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program in the UT Austin College of Pharmacy for Fall 2012! We hope that you will be able to become a part of the UT College of Pharmacy's class of Fall 2012.

Please do understand that your offer of admission is made assuming that you will satisfactorily complete all course work, including ALL prerequisites, that you are currently taking this spring or will take in the summer. You are also strongly urged to become core complete at your institution prior to starting the PharmD program.

Your acceptance letter, with important materials attached, will be mailed in early-mid April. Your acceptance letter will list any prerequisite courses you may be missing. Some of the attached material will be for your information and some will require your timely response. An e-mail will be sent informing you when your packet is mailed.

Please reply to this e-mail, or e-mail Ann Spencer at [email protected], by 8:00 a.m. on Friday, March 30, to say whether you plan to accept or decline the offer. Thank you.

and I got the email 3:24pm

Goodluck to all who are waiting!

Does anyone have the facebook link for the class of '16? The ones mentioned on previous pages do not work.

Here's what my email said:

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program in the UT Austin College of Pharmacy for Fall 2012! We hope that you will be able to become a part of the UT College of Pharmacy's class of Fall 2012.

Please do understand that your offer of admission is made assuming that you will satisfactorily complete all course work, including ALL prerequisites, that you are currently taking this spring or will take in the summer. You are also strongly urged to become core complete at your institution prior to starting the PharmD program.

Your acceptance letter, with important materials attached, will be mailed in early-mid April. Your acceptance letter will list any prerequisite courses you may be missing. Some of the attached material will be for your information and some will require your timely response. An e-mail will be sent informing you when your packet is mailed.

Please reply to this e-mail, or e-mail Ann Spencer at [email protected], by 8:00 a.m. on Friday, March 30, to say whether you plan to accept or decline the offer. Thank you.

and I got the email 3:24pm

Goodluck to all who are waiting!

That's what my email said. I just thought more than one person here would have got some good news today. Congrats again!

This is weird that only one person received an acceptance letter today. Why would they send more next week? Unless they are waiting for people to decline and already have the 125 accepted on the first round. Are we going to be notified that we are wait listed? or do we have to ask by e-mail? I know the rejection letters go out through regular mail.

This is weird that only one person received an acceptance letter today. Why would they send more next week? Unless they are waiting for people to decline and already have the 125 accepted on the first round. Are we going to be notified that we are wait listed? or do we have to ask by e-mail? I know the rejection letters go out through regular mail.

keep in mind SDN members make up a small portion of the population

I never post on these and just read but i thought i would ease some minds. Just FYI so everyone will stop trippin, i called yesterday and they had a situation where someone in the adcom had to leave and they didnt finish reviewing all of the applicants. They sent some acceptances out but not all. They will finish reviewing monday or tuesday and send out more acceptances next week.

I don't see how there's already a waitlist when they haven't finished reviewing all of the applicants?

What if those are people who were reviewed in the first batch of applicants

Who knows. It just doesn't make sense to me to start putting students on a waitlist until you've looked at every applicant.

Yeah, when i called the admissions office yesterday the lady I spoke with told me something similar, but she prefaced it with "I'm talking about something of which I don't know about" Which I find a bit funny.

I won't speculate as to what the current situation is; all we can do is wait. :/

Does anyone know their position on the waitlist?

I never post on these and just read but i thought i would ease some minds. Just FYI so everyone will stop trippin, i called yesterday and they had a situation where someone in the adcom had to leave and they didnt finish reviewing all of the applicants. They sent some acceptances out but not all. They will finish reviewing monday or tuesday and send out more acceptances next week.

OMG! Thanks for that info! This makes so much more sense now. I'm still crossing my fingers until I get that rejection letter. :xf:

theres hope yet! this will either be a really funny story or just more heartbreak, either way i hope we can all support each other SDNers!

Hey all! I am a current UT student and I was in the same position as a lot of you last year. Don't stress, and don't give up hope yet!!

I was one of the last people notified that I got accepted. In April I finally broke down and emailed Dr. Wilcox. He gave me the unofficial news that I was wait-listed. But 2 days later I got a full acceptance letter instead of a wait list offer in the mail, because when they finalized the list things had changed.

No matter what anyone says, it is not over till you get your letter in the mail!:xf:

Hey all! I am a current UT student and I was in the same position as a lot of you last year. Don't stress, and don't give up hope yet!!

I was one of the last people notified that I got accepted. In April I finally broke down and emailed Dr. Wilcox. He gave me the unofficial news that I was wait-listed. But 2 days later I got a full acceptance letter instead of a wait list offer in the mail, because when they finalized the list things had changed.

No matter what anyone says, it is not over till you get your letter in the mail!:xf:

Thanks for positive words!

Hopefully we'll have all of our questions answered in the next few days.

Dr. Wilcox emailed me back this morning saying my application has been deferred, and he will have his last meeting with the dean late tomorrow... Not sure what to think?

Dr. Wilcox emailed me back this morning saying my application has been deferred, and he will have his last meeting with the dean late tomorrow... Not sure what to think?

Just wait :). You cannot do anything about it can you? So keep hope. Wish all the best. ;)

Okay so after emailing Dr. Wilcox this morning, I believe I have all the pieces of the puzzle.
It seems that the last batch of Admissions and Wait-list recommendations has been made by the adcom. However, the dean has not yet signed off on these recommendations yet. This will be happening at some point this week.
When that happens, and if the Dean approves the recommendations, anyone to be offered admission still, or to be placed on the wait-list will receive an email notifying them (and of their position on the wait-list if it applies)

So, it seems we have some more waiting ahead of us. I'm recommended to be on the wait-list, but I suppose until the dean approves that, I'm just going to chug along merrily hoping for the best. :xf:

Good Luck!

Okay so after emailing Dr. Wilcox this morning, I believe I have all the pieces of the puzzle.
It seems that the last batch of Admissions and Wait-list recommendations has been made by the adcom. However, the dean has not yet signed off on these recommendations yet. This will be happening at some point this week.
When that happens, and if the Dean approves the recommendations, anyone to be offered admission still, or to be placed on the wait-list will receive an email notifying them (and of their position on the wait-list if it applies)

So, it seems we have some more waiting ahead of us. I'm recommended to be on the wait-list, but I suppose until the dean approves that, I'm just going to chug along merrily hoping for the best. :xf:

Good Luck!

Did he respond saying you're on the waitlist as of right now? Or that you are deferred? Kinda confused right now

Good Luck!

I don't know but it seems that anyone emailed Dr. Wilcox would receive waitlisted or deferred response. Thanks for the update.