University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay.. That's what I thought

Members don't see this ad.

Hey is there a FB group up yet?

Im new to the Austin area, and was hoping to room with someone seeing as we're all in the same boat now.

Hey is there a FB group up yet?

Im new to the Austin area, and was hoping to room with someone seeing as we're all in the same boat now.

I'm also looking for people to room with, I'm currently in the Houston area if anyone else is also here to meet up.

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone who got admitted:

Do you guys have a deadline to reply about whether you will be coming to UT or not next year? I know that the past two years there has been a deadline after the first round of acceptances, but before the second meeting, where people admitted in the first round have to "accept" their spot. Usually, it is to open up more spots for the second admissions meeting.

Again, if anybody wants more information/advice/etc, feel free to private message me or reply to this thread. I'm currently a P2 at UT CoP and I will try my best to answer your questions (though admissions for me was a little while ago, lol). Good luck to everyone still waiting!

To everyone who got admitted:

Do you guys have a deadline to reply about whether you will be coming to UT or not next year? I know that the past two years there has been a deadline after the first round of acceptances, but before the second meeting, where people admitted in the first round have to "accept" their spot. Usually, it is to open up more spots for the second admissions meeting.

Again, if anybody wants more information/advice/etc, feel free to private message me or reply to this thread. I'm currently a P2 at UT CoP and I will try my best to answer your questions (though admissions for me was a little while ago, lol). Good luck to everyone still waiting!

March 19th to reply

New pharmacy school rankings are out. UT is still #1 in Texas an #4 overall just FYI :p

for those of you that live in Austin already, what do you guys think of the noise level in West Campus, is it alright during the week? I'm sure during the weekends its pretty bad but if I want my apartment to be my main study area will it be bearable?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Wilcox just emailed me yesterday saying that I would be looked at the second meeting as well but now after reading that a lot of people got the same response idk if that's true or not. He did say there were slots left but he didn't tell me how many.

west campus isn't that bad noise-wise. i lived there sophomore through senior year during undergrad. It may be distracting though...but if it gets that way just goto one of the thousands of places on campus to study.

New pharmacy school rankings are out. UT is still #1 in Texas an #4 overall just FYI :p

Goes to show the quality of education that you will get at UT-Pharmacy. :)

Just kind of surprised that we aren't ranked higher after the curriculum was revamped and initiated in 09'.

west campus isn't that bad noise-wise. i lived there sophomore through senior year during undergrad. It may be distracting though...but if it gets that way just goto one of the thousands of places on campus to study.

I live in west campus now and the noise is not bad at all. I like the change in atmosphere from time to time versus just plain silence. If not, there are literally thousands of places to study here.

for those of you that live in Austin already, what do you guys think of the noise level in West Campus, is it alright during the week? I'm sure during the weekends its pretty bad but if I want my apartment to be my main study area will it be bearable?

Like everyone said, noise level is fine. However if you choose to live in one of the more popular apartments (the Block, Quarters, etc.), DON'T live near the pools...

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today, they said the packet would come later.

Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

Is there anyone who got accepted who replied back over the break? Have you gotten a response back?

I sent my reply about two days ago and haven't gotten anything. I'm sure it's because it's spring break, but I just wanna make sure haha... kinda paranoid that they didn't receive my email x_x

Is there anyone who got accepted who replied back over the break? Have you gotten a response back?

I sent my reply about two days ago and haven't gotten anything. I'm sure it's because it's spring break, but I just wanna make sure haha... kinda paranoid that they didn't receive my email x_x

I sent out my response last weekend and I haven't received a response yet.

I got an email from Ann Spencer saying congratulations again and thanks for replying so promptly on the 12th. I sent a reply on last Saturday.

Does anyone know what the exact schedule for this upcoming week is in regards to the second wave of admissions? When do the emails go out?

Hi. Can I ask you for thoughts on apartments? I'm trying to choose b/w Far West or North. I prefer relatively quiet areas, but with enough access to other needs like restaurants/shops and all that. do you have a breakdown of average prices or apts that u recommend specifically? or where do you see most other pharmacy students living? thank you!

Does anyone know what the exact schedule for this upcoming week is in regards to the second wave of admissions? When do the emails go out?

I think they said the adcom will meet on Wednesday and emails will go out Friday.

I am on the same boat, replied sometime during spring break and still haven't received a response back. :scared: I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it was received.

I will also be looking for a roommate for next year :) , I'm hoping there is some sort of orientation before that we can meet and sort things out, as I also cannot join that facebook group due to lack of a ut email address. -.-

I am on the same boat, replied sometime during spring break and still haven't received a response back. :scared: I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it was received.

I will also be looking for a roommate for next year :) , I'm hoping there is some sort of orientation before that we can meet and sort things out, as I also cannot join that facebook group due to lack of a ut email address. -.-

hey to get a UT email you can go to this website, its a gmail account and i just forwarded it to my regular email address.

https://get.utmail.utexas.edu/

I wonder how many they have gone through by now ...........:eek: good luck everyone!!

The next few hours will tell... Good Luck to all of you! :)

It's almost 2pm. Has anyone heard anything yet? This wait is killing me :scared:

I haven't heard anything yet. I guess we can't go off of the times that the first wave received their emails. Many of them received emails around one or two.

Faith and patience my friends. :)
I'm going to turn off SDN for the night to help ease my nerves about the wait. :xf:

3:00 pm here and I haven't received anything.

Sigh... Nothing here either. Maybe someone should call? I would but I'm at work.

3:18 P.M. here. Nothing yet. I think it's safe to say they haven't emailed anyone yet. Hopefully people hear before the workday finishes.