University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received anything from UT =( I hope they have not forgotten about me..

Members don't see this ad.

Confused, if we didn't receive an email declining admission or nothing with wait-lists, where can we assume we stand? -_-

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email today letting me know that I will not be offered a slot in the pharm D. program. Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting to find out! I hope that y'all have better luck than me :luck:

did you email him first asking for your status?

I just got a regular mail this morning saying that I was denied. So, I guess I'm not a good fit for UT. Good luck to everyone who's waiting for good news.

I received an email today letting me know that I will not be offered a slot in the pharm D. program. Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting to find out! I hope that y'all have better luck than me :luck:

I thought they do not e-mail decline letters?

Crap, I didn't check my mail today. :scared:

Confused, if we didn't receive an email declining admission or nothing with wait-lists, where can we assume we stand? -_-

I don't think they send out rejection emails unless you email Dr. Wilcox directly asking for status. They only send out rejection letters through regular mail. I'm assuming I will be getting a rejection letter in the mail if I have not received a waitlist email. Sad.....

I don't think they send out rejection emails unless you email Dr. Wilcox directly asking for status. They only send out rejection letters through regular mail. I'm assuming I will be getting a rejection letter in the mail if I have not received a waitlist email. Sad.....

sucks...

Has anyone called to see if they already sent all the wait list emails out??

I was told I was on the waitlist by Dr. Wilcox but did not receive a waitlist email today so I am kind of confused on what is going on. I'm hoping that maybe I am high enough on the waitlist that there is a potential acceptance email waiting for me...

I was told I was on the waitlist by Dr. Wilcox but did not receive a waitlist email today so I am kind of confused on what is going on. I'm hoping that maybe I am high enough on the waitlist that there is a potential acceptance email waiting for me...

It looks like a lot of us here were told by Dr. Wilcox that we would be placed in the waitlist but have not received any emails with our #s. It looks like only two people in this forum have received an email with their ranking.

It looks like a lot of us here were told by Dr. Wilcox that we would be placed in the waitlist but have not received any emails with our #s. It looks like only two people in this forum have received an email with their ranking.

Dr. Wilcox said in my email I would be CONSIDERED to be put on the waitlist and IF I got put on the waitlist he would send out the emails regarding our rank. That's what my email said, so I'm going to say I should be expecting a rejection letter soon.

I think what it is is that Dr.Wilcox said the adcom recommended we be on the waitlist, and maybe the dean didn't approve all the recommendations? I dont know but they need to hurry up with the decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think what it is is that Dr.Wilcox said the adcom recommended we be on the waitlist, and maybe the dean didn't approve all the recommendations? I dont know but they need to hurry up with the decisions.

I know ...it just seems odd to me that given the number of people that got that same response from Dr. Wilcox, only two people in this forum made it to the waitlist. I know sdn represents only a small population but still.

I know ...it just seems odd to me that given the number of people that got that same response from Dr. Wilcox, only two people in this forum made it to the waitlist. I know sdn represents only a small population but still.

thats exactly my thought, and the fact that only 3-4 people got accepted after spring break is also odd.

I don't think the "consideration" part of the waitlist email should be taken so literally. We know there are at least 31 spots on the waitlist based on this forums sample size, so chances are all of us who were told we are on the waitlist by Dr. Wilcox, but did not get waitlist emails are probably on the waitlist but may be in consideration for actual acceptance. 31 people on the waitlist is a lot of people, so I think everyone who got an email from Dr. Wilcox is definitely on the waitlist. I just think if we did not make the waitlist we would have gotten the rejection letters already. Just my two cents, I am somewhat optimistic. I think good things may be coming.

I thought they do not e-mail decline letters?

Crap, I didn't check my mail today. :scared:

I emailed him asking about my status b/c I have an NIH training application that I would like to get started on if I didn't get in. I don't think that rejection emails are part of the norm. Although I think that rejection letters got sent out this week. He said that I should be receiving my letter soon and that he can't go over my application with me over email. Sorry I didn't see this sooner; gotta love spending hours upon hours in a hidden lab with weak wifi signal.

If y'all do get rejection letters, my best advice is to keep positive and focus on what you have accomplished so far. You got an interview this time maybe next time you'll get in. Maybe you'll have time to study for the PCAT and get a better score (hopefully me).etc.

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting and congrats to those who got in! :D

I emailed him asking about my status b/c I have an NIH training application that I would like to get started on if I didn't get in. I don't think that rejection emails are part of the norm. Although I think that rejection letters got sent out this week. He said that I should be receiving my letter soon and that he can't go over my application with me over email. Sorry I didn't see this sooner; gotta love spending hours upon hours in a hidden lab with weak wifi signal.

If y'all do get rejection letters, my best advice is to keep positive and focus on what you have accomplished so far. You got an interview this time maybe next time you'll get in. Maybe you'll have time to study for the PCAT and get a better score (hopefully me).etc.

I'm sure you'll get in next time! Keep your head up and soon we'll all be colleagues working in this crazy field.

Went home and did not get a letter in the mail, there is still hope -_-

If you don't mind my asking, what was your PCAT score?

I received a waitlist email today at 1127AM (CST). I'm #11.

I talked to one of the adcom's assistants today, and she confirmed that all 125 acceptances have been sent. They're still waiting on 14 people to reply, but the rest have all confirmed their acceptance. The wait list was generated just Tuesday, so it's as up to date as it's going to get as of now. She said that last year, 13 students were accepted off the wait list, though the average for the past few years has been 19. Currently #12 right now, so fingers crossed!

I'm sure you'll get in next time! Keep your head up and soon we'll all be colleagues working in this crazy field.

Went home and did not get a letter in the mail, there is still hope -_-

Rejection letters went out yesterday b/c I got home and I had one waiting for me. I live in San Marcos (20 mins south of Austin) so maybe that's why I got mine early.

I don't know if I'm going to apply again; it would make my third time applying so idk if its worth it. I just might cut my losses and realize that I'm a bad test taker and leave it at that or not. I get my MS in biochem in August so I still have some options. Remember guys remain positive!

Just curious, what is everyone's stats who are waitlisted or rejected?

I was told I was to be wait-listed, no official confirmation yet.

Last edited:
Just a question, did those who got their numbers on the waitlist automatically get an email or did you ask and got an email back?

Joining the party of those waiting for a rejection letter. SIgh.

3.92 GPA
90th composite in PCAT
about 80 hours job shadowing for experience
1 year of volunteer work as an ESL tutor

I felt like my interview did not go well. My interviewer was pretty aggressive and some questions I was struggling to figure out what he was getting at.

I'm also not from Texas, so I suspect I may have started behind everyone since they give preference to residents.

So I noticed that people from the first group got a request to pay a deposit. Did anyone from the second group get that from Ann Spencer?

If you don't mind my asking, what was your PCAT score?

Oh Lord my whole application was a novela (spanish soap opera). But the short answer is 56 or 59 I can't remember off the top of my head.

Verbal - 89
bio- 85
reading- 19
chem- 56
math- 21

written- 3.

The Long Story:
I didn't know that to get accommodations would take 3 months and that the last score that UT would take was the September test. The last time i took the PCAT was in 2008 and there was still an October test. So I had to sign up for it late w/o accommodations. On top of that I was a full time grad student, teaching labs full time, and doing research for my thesis full time. I had already sat down w/ Dr. Wilcox (b/c this is my second time applying) and he let me know that doing average on the PCAT would be my goal since it lets the adcomm how good of a standardize test taker I am. since they like to brag about how well their graduates do on the NAPLEX, I needed to be able to show them that I can handle a standardize test. For the average applicant having an average PCAT score is fine because it shows that you can handle a standardize test and the adcomm really won't look too far into it. For me its a special case but I understand why UT looks at it so closely. Why would a school want to spend $$ training a person to become of pharmacist if they can't even pass a simple standardize test much less a really hard one like NAPLEX? I really don't know how I got an interview with a score like mine, but thats why I think that getting a better PCAT score for me would hopefully get me in next time if I decide to apply again. Throw in the fact that I've worked close to two years as a pharm tech, got letters of rec from a former TPA president, and former head of the chem department at TX state and that's my whole novela. I'm tired; back to the confocal :D

So I noticed that people from the first group got a request to pay a deposit. Did anyone from the second group get that from Ann Spencer?

I'm from the first group and I havent received a request for a deposit. where are you getting this?

I'm from the first group and I havent received a request for a deposit. where are you getting this?

me neither. i emailed ann spencer about it and she said i didn't need to pay a deposit to secure my position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose pharm
Did you get more info on paying your deposit after you replied to the acceptance email?

I didn't to reply my email till 7 p.m...kind of late. Could that be why I didn't get any deposit info?

Ok Awesome, I was freaking out. Just imagine if you lost your position because you didn't pay. LOL it would be like the guy that missed the application deadline by mistake

Ok Awesome, I was freaking out. Just imagine if you lost your position because you didn't pay. LOL it would be like the guy that missed the application deadline by mistake

do y'all not go to UT? (i can't think of any other reason for why i don't have one) i don't have anything on my what i owe page and a friend also called the office the week after spring break and was told there wasn't a deposit..

Yeah, words fail to describe my sentiments. Suffice to say, if I apply again next year, I won't be opting for the last interview slot in the day again.

LMFAO!!! :rofl: This is the first time that I have laughed all day!! Thank you I needed that. I don't think that its a reflection on you at all. The person must have been tired but I'm sorry that it happened to you. Just think of it as a funny story to tell at your interview next year.

do y'all not go to UT? (i can't think of any other reason for why i don't have one) i don't have anything on my what i owe page and a friend also called the office the week after spring break and was told there wasn't a deposit..

I am a former UT student. Maybe they make the riskier candidates pay, like out of state students. Make a quick buck! Totally kidding, just happy I dont have to pay.

The $200 deposit is a general deposit for the university. We all had to pay it for UG admission.

LMFAO!!! :rofl: This is the first time that I have laughed all day!! Thank you I needed that. I don't think that its a reflection on you at all. The person must have been tired but I'm sorry that it happened to you. Just think of it as a funny story to tell at your interview next year.

I'm glad I helped. :)
It certainly will be an interesting story to share in the years to come.

if you are a current UT student, you do not have to pay a deposit :D

I think we should all be proud of our accomplishments. I think we tend to underplay what it took to get a UTCOP interview because a lot of us went to UT or currently attend. When I started this year I was so freaked and lacking confidence and I even scheduled interviews for pre-candidate and candidate schools. The only thing that kept me going was my crazy twin that kept saying "you are going to get into UT" If not for her i thought I was going to end up in a shopping strip school in vegas (Roseman University) or some candidate accredited school. All in All its been a crazy 3 months really, and for those still waiting just relax and take it easy. I am sure people will get pregnant, decide to stay in Houston to keep cost low, hang out with their bf anticipating a rock. I even know people who got in, failed their spring semester and got their acceptance rescinded. When that happens spots will open.

Wish everyone well!!!!!!!!!

Waitlist #11. Email was received yesterday without having sent an email to Dr. Wilcox.

Pre-req GPA: 3.94
PCAT Composite: 92
PCAT Written: 3.0
BA in Business Management from UT at Arlington 2007
Pharmacy Technician for 6+ years, animal shelter volunteer since 5/2010, student tutor for 1.5 semesters (would have continued to tutor, but pre-reqs were completed). 2 Pharmacist LOR's.
I feel my interview went very well.
The interview experience at University of Houston was much more memorable and enjoyable.

I think we should all be proud of our accomplishments. I think we tend to underplay what it took to get a UTCOP interview because a lot of us went to UT or currently attend. When I started this year I was so freaked and lacking confidence and I even scheduled interviews for pre-candidate and candidate schools. The only thing that kept me going was my crazy twin that kept saying "you are going to get into UT" If not for her i thought I was going to end up in a shopping strip school in vegas (Roseman University) or some candidate accredited school. All in All its been a crazy 3 months really, and for those still waiting just relax and take it easy. I am sure people will get pregnant, decide to stay in Houston to keep cost low, hang out with their bf anticipating a rock. I even know people who got in, failed their spring semester and got their acceptance rescinded. When that happens spots will open.

Wish everyone well!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone on all your future endeavors!! My journey in Texas comes to a close, but I did wish it would end up in one of the best cities I've ever lived in (Austin, TX)! Congrats to everyone who made it into UT as well as everyone else who made it into other schools across the nation! And those who didn't get in this time, remember there is always next time and don't stop fighting for what you want! Keep working for your dreams!

Still waiting as well. At this point though I can't expect much. Anything that happens is a pleasant surprise, otherwise I've come to terms with my fate.

Still waiting as well. At this point though I can't expect much. Anything that happens is a pleasant surprise, otherwise I've come to terms with my fate.

Yeah I went to check my mail expecting a rejection letter but I didn't see one. I live in Austin too so I don't know what's the deal.

I'm taking no news to mean exactly that for the time being. I'm prepared for either responce, but I won't give up. If need be, I'll be applying again next year.