University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all that got accepted!!! I havent gotten an email :(. For those of you who got accepted , do you mind posting what they you interviewed and are ya'll current, transfer or former students? I wonder how they break down the piles they review...

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted already! :)

Last edited:
Congrats to those who got accepted. I feel a little bit worried right now :( since I think I'll be in the first batch. I haven't received any emails yet :(. For those who got accepted, do you mind share your basic stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
So did they only review the first round of interviewees today? or they reviewed both rounds??

They reviewed both rounds - toshimonkey above was interviewed in the second round.

I've HEARD that the first round of acceptances was given to the "top half" of the interviewed applicants, but not sure if it's true. It could even just be a random half, like they mixed up the applications and just went through half of them? But I think it makes more sense that they would have some sort of ranking.

I'm a current UT student and will be a Longhorn for life!!! YEAHHH

Im a student at another UT location, so I would be considered a transfer student.

As for the interview there were a lot ethical questions and describing experience relating to pharmacy mostly.

Good luck to you, the wait is almost over!!!

hehehe, Dr. Wilcox just emailed me and said that my application will be considered in the 2nd meeting :D. At least more hope coming.

ACCEPTED!!! :) :) :) :) :)

does anyone want stats??

good luck to everyone else waiting

EDIT!!

here are my stats

GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 84
Pharm Tech - 4 months
Research - 1 year
Volunteer - Part of 2 Pharmacy Associations plus a few other non-pharm clubs since freshman year

hehehe, Dr. Wilcox just emailed me and said that my application will be considered in the 2nd meeting :D. At least more hope coming.

so it's not a ranking system they do where the first half finds out earlier? do you know when the next batch is coming out?

Did you email him first and ask? Or did he email you out of the blue?

Yay I got accepted, I'm so happy.

Interviewed Feb 10th

I really wouldn't stress over stats 'cause, quite honestly, I had horrible stats. lol
Horrible enough that I don't want the public eye to see them, ever :x

So there's still hope for all of you waiting!

Does anyone know when they will meet for the second round?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they will meet for the second round?

I have until the 19th (Monday after spring break) to respond, so they'll probably be keeping to what they told us and will send out the next batch that Friday (Mar. 23rd).

Congrats to those who got accepted!
For those who are curious about the order in which the applications are reviewed, they are ranked based on all your stats (GPA, PCAT, Interview, essays, experience, etc). However, it is NOT like the top 125 in that rank are automatically admitted. The ranking is only for the order in which they review your application. For those who have not heard yet, don't get too worried. There are still more acceptances to come after spring break. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently a P2 at the UTCoP and will do my best to answer anything about admissions or about the college itself.

accepted

b.s major psych, minor bio
gpa:3.7
pcat:93
worked 8 months full time as a tech
volunteered at a clinic
no research

Congrats to those who got accepted!
For those who are curious about the order in which the applications are reviewed, they are ranked based on all your stats (GPA, PCAT, Interview, essays, experience, etc). However, it is NOT like the top 125 in that rank are automatically admitted. The ranking is only for the order in which they review your application. For those who have not heard yet, don't get too worried. There are still more acceptances to come after spring break. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently a P2 at the UTCoP and will do my best to answer anything about admissions or about the college itself.

Thanks you for input. Do you know how many acceptance letters they sent out? Is it really half or more than half?

Ugh.. it's quite disheartening not getting in the first round. But at least I have one more shot at it after Spring Break! Congrats to all the people that got in !

Did you email him first and ask? Or did he email you out of the blue?

Actually i emailed him a lng ime ago bout my research stuff but no reply until today. So he mentions about my application as well :p

I emailed pretty much just straight out asking my status, because I didn't know how to go about it otherwise. Mine hasn't been discussed yet either, which I figured would be the case anyways, but if you are wondering, just e-mail! :)

I emailed him also asking... He told me the same. I really hope that's the case!

Yea, same here. Dr. Wilcox said mine will be discussed at 2nd meeting, I just hope that the reason I didn't get email today was because mine hasn't been discussed on and not because they looked at it and passed it on..

I also emailed him and got the same response. I know there are more slots but I can't help to feel a little depressed right now. I don't want to get my hopes up. I am curious to know how many acceptance emails they sent out today.

Thanks you for input. Do you know how many acceptance letters they sent out? Is it really half or more than half?

So if anyone in the first batch hasn't been chosen, will they be considered in the 2nd meeting as well?

Same here. *le sad

I feel your pain :( I've been at work all day and, against my better judgement, made the mistake of checking my email at 3pm... and lo and behold, no email from UT. And it's cold and rainy outside. Such a bummer

Not giving up hope yet though...

Last edited:
So if anyone in the first batch hasn't been chosen, will they be considered in the 2nd meeting as well?

I'm not sure about how many acceptances have been sent out yet, nor how many applications they have gone through. It depends on their pace going through the applications and talking about the applicants. I'm also not sure about the policy of deferring applicants from the first meeting to be considered again in the second meeting. I'm not on the admissions committee; just a pharmacy student here at UT.

My best advice, as hard is it will be, is to try your best to stick it out for another two weeks. Don't get too down; I know how hard it was to wait as I was sent my admission e-mail after the second meeting, so I understand how difficult it was. Right now, its in the hands of the admissions committee, so try your best to not stress out. Again, if you have any questions, you can ask them here or PM me and I will try my best to answer! That applies to all you newly admitted students, too!

I'm not sure about how many acceptances have been sent out yet, nor how many applications they have gone through. It depends on their pace going through the applications and talking about the applicants. I'm also not sure about the policy of deferring applicants from the first meeting to be considered again in the second meeting. I'm not on the admissions committee; just a pharmacy student here at UT.

My best advice, as hard is it will be, is to try your best to stick it out for another two weeks. Don't get too down; I know how hard it was to wait as I was sent my admission e-mail after the second meeting, so I understand how difficult it was. Right now, its in the hands of the admissions committee, so try your best to not stress out. Again, if you have any questions, you can ask them here or PM me and I will try my best to answer! That applies to all you newly admitted students, too!

:D Thx a bunch.

is there another fb group? the other one got taken down

So I saw a couple of posts asking for the stats of people that got accepted- Not sure that mine are in the norm, so just take mine with a grain of salt if yours are different.
-GPA: 3.49
-PCAT: 86
-6+ years Pharmacy Experience in Retail, Long-Term Care (which includes management experience and both sterile and non-sterile compounding), Oncology (didn't include on my app but spoke briefly about in my interview - I think), and Pharmacy/Health Education at the College Level (adjunct faculty member at a career school).
Volunteer as a Mentor for LGBT students on UH campus, as a general volunteer with Bunnies on the Bayou, and as an occasional helper with the MCC counseling center in the Montrose area of Houston. I also volunteer on campus with a professor who is very involved with TEACH Houston, University promotion, and general philanthropy.
-Current Major: Biology with a Minor in Phronesis

Now to show you that you can't count yourself out because of grades - I've had to take Organic Chem 1 and 2 twice because of work/personal/financial issues. So don't freak out about the GPA. UT is really good about looking at all of your qualities - or I don't think I would have been accepted hahah!

Good luck to all of you!!!! PM me or message me here if you have more questions! Oh and I interviewed on Feb 11th. - Just in case that was a question also...

Did everyone who got accepted interview on the earlier weekend?

No, a bunch of us are waiting until the 23rd.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342998079070013/#!/groups/170004393116888/

this is the official fbook group. congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far! my gpa's abysmal so i won't post it here, but my pcat's 78, and i've worked a couple of years at a retail pharmacy, done some research, and volunteer quite frequently.

good luck to those that still have yet to hear back :)

About the fb group, it says I need a UT email to join so does anyone know how I can go about getting one? Thanks for the help :)

Again guys good luck to everyone waiting. I know it sucks but be confident and distract yourself by having a really fun spring break :))

Ok so I went ahead a paid my $200 deposit. It's a relief now that it's over.

Accepted!!!!!!

For those of you curious about stats:
B.S. Biochemistry to be earned in May
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 88
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years as a pharmacy tech

Ok so I went ahead a paid my $200 deposit. It's a relief now that it's over.

Did you get more info on paying your deposit after you replied to the acceptance email?

I didn't to reply my email till 7 p.m...kind of late. Could that be why I didn't get any deposit info?

No, a bunch of us are waiting until the 23rd.
I meant maybe group 1 who got accepted before spring break were the people that interviewed on the first weekend and then group 2 to hear back after spring break are the people that interviewed the second weekend? I hope not because I interviewed the first weekend available...

Just curious if any of those who just got accepted were from the latter weekend.

I interviewed on the second weekend and I was accepted.

Did you get more info on paying your deposit after you replied to the acceptance email?

I didn't to reply my email till 7 p.m...kind of late. Could that be why I didn't get any deposit info?

I was accepted and i interviewed the last day, 2/25.

My tuition bill also says nothing owed.