University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He told me the adcom was recommending that I be placed on the waitlist but that the dean still had to approve the recommendation.
The rest I'm piecing together from what the admissions secretary told people on Friday and what everyone else has been posting. I could very well be wrong, but I think this scenario makes the most sense.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that I was being placed on the waitlist as well.

He told me the adcom was recommending that I be placed on the waitlist but that the dean still had to approve the recommendation.
The rest I'm piecing together from what the admissions secretary told people on Friday and what everyone else has been posting. I could very well be wrong, but I think this scenario makes the most sense.

That is exactly what he told me as well...We really wont know until the end of this week i guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully "deferred" wasn't a nice way of saying rejected...

It seems like half of the people on the waitlist are in this thread, haha. We should all become friends. :)

there are only 48 members in the private class of 2016 fb group..about 5 are admins. So you can make your own conclusions from there. Good luck!

there are only 48 members in the private class of 2016 fb group..about 5 are admins. So you can make your own conclusions from there. Good luck!

Where are you guys finding the facebook group?

Okay so after emailing Dr. Wilcox this morning, I believe I have all the pieces of the puzzle.
It seems that the last batch of Admissions and Wait-list recommendations has been made by the adcom. However, the dean has not yet signed off on these recommendations yet. This will be happening at some point this week.
When that happens, and if the Dean approves the recommendations, anyone to be offered admission still, or to be placed on the wait-list will receive an email notifying them (and of their position on the wait-list if it applies)

So, it seems we have some more waiting ahead of us. I'm recommended to be on the wait-list, but I suppose until the dean approves that, I'm just going to chug along merrily hoping for the best. :xf:

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info.

I also got the same waitlist response from Dr. Wilcox. Did Dr. Wilcox tell anyone when his meeting with the Dean was supposed to happen?

Members don't see this ad :)
He told me he was meeting with the dean this afternoon. So I assume we might hear something tomorrow or Thursday.

He told me he was meeting with the dean this afternoon. So I assume we might hear something tomorrow or Thursday.

Ok thanks! I really hope we hear something tomorrow.... good luck everyone. :xf:

I also got the same waitlist response from Dr. Wilcox. Did Dr. Wilcox tell anyone when his meeting with the Dean was supposed to happen?
I haven't heard anything from heard so I don't even know if I'm on waitlist. Hope the wait will over soon.

Yeah, I tried to email for my status and I was just told that specifics could not be given out, and to wait for notification at the end of the week. Its so frustrating. Especially since I suspect the news isn't good, so the prolonged wait seems especially cruel.

Yeah, I tried to email for my status and I was just told that specifics could not be given out, and to wait for notification at the end of the week. Its so frustrating. Especially since I suspect the news isn't good, so the prolonged wait seems especially cruel.

end of the week?? another long couple of days are ahead of us...

Me too! How unexpected, since I was told I was on the waitlist! :)

Congrats on getting accepted. I was told I'm on the waitlist and still haven't received an email.

Me too! How unexpected, since I was told I was on the waitlist! :)

I don't know if I was on the waitlist, and pretty much dont care if I was at this point. I am just so excited!!!!

I assume if we were on the waitlist then we were high on the list.

:D

BTW my app status still says that its complete and not accepted. So i guess refreshing the app status page will not get you any info ahead of time. I think it only worked for people who had transfer applications, with undegraduate admissions not completed.

Right now I would assume that it is 90% to be officially rejected at the end of this week. Because acceptance email usually comes in early. Only rejection email comes at the latest. There are only few exceptions. Congrats to those who got accepted.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D they had me sweatin bullets

Congratulations everyone who got in today!
Here's to hoping I can join you in the weeks to come :xf:

Right now I would assume that it is 90% to be officially rejected at the end of this week. Because acceptance email usually comes in early. Only rejection email comes at the latest. There are only few exceptions. Congrats to those who got accepted.

:eek:Don't give up guys!! I am in the class of 2015 and I was accepted in April and given the same notice from Wilcox. But instead of getting a waitlist offer I got accepted instead. Plus I know several people who got in off the waitlist too. They haven't even assigned waitlist numbers for your class yet. So don't give up hope so soon!!:eek:

:eek:Don't give up guys!! I am in the class of 2015 and I was accepted in April and given the same notice from Wilcox. But instead of getting a waitlist offer I got accepted instead. Plus I know several people who got in off the waitlist too. They haven't even assigned waitlist numbers for your class yet. So don't give up hope so soon!!:eek:
Ha, I really appreciate your positive words! It's just so easy to believe that our chances are gone now. I guess it really is just a waiting game and we should think more positively!

G'luck and congrats to all that have gotten accepted!

How many people decline UT's offer last year?

How many people decline UT's offer last year?
I read the forum for Class of 2015 for UT and they said it was 28 one year and like 27 for the next. Maybe not those numbers exactly but approximately 25 people declined I think.

I read the forum for Class of 2015 for UT and they said it was 28 one year and like 27 for the next. Maybe not those numbers exactly but approximately 25 people declined I think.

I just looked over the stats for last year it was 15, 3 men and 12 woman. I wonder why so many woman decline.

I just looked over the stats for last year it was 15, 3 men and 12 woman. I wonder why so many woman decline.
I know one of the girls that declined because she wanted to be closer to her boyfriend in Houston. I told her she was stupid especially since she didn't even have a ring but hey someone got in because of her.

Did waitlist emails also go out other than the ppl that emailed Dr. Wilcox?

Did anyone who got accepted today have a saved seat at Kingsville?

I know one of the girls that declined because she wanted to be closer to her boyfriend in Houston. I told her she was stupid especially since she didn't even have a ring but hey someone got in because of her.

Did waitlist emails also go out other than the ppl that emailed Dr. Wilcox?

I don't believe so. I have a feeling that the waitlist is approved now and they are simply filling in seats that opened up from declined admissions from the first round of offers before they notify us officially.

I'm on the waitlist too... We should be getting emails with our waitlist ranking soon.

I just got a regular mail this morning saying that I was denied. So, I guess I'm not a good fit for UT. Good luck to everyone who's waiting for good news.

I just got a regular mail this morning saying that I was denied. So, I guess I'm not a good fit for UT. Good luck to everyone who's waiting for good news.
hey!! I will be attending UMN twin cities as well if i dont get into UT. Are you a current UT student?

I got an email saying I'm number 31 on the waitlist :( kinda knew bad news was coming, but glad the wait is over. Good luck to the others!

hey!! I will be attending UMN twin cities as well if i dont get into UT. Are you a current UT student?

No, I'm not. I just work in Austin. I heard that UT gives preference to Texas resident, and that could probably be a reason that I didn't get in. Well, don't give up hope because it doesn't end until you get a mail. Good luck!

just found out i'm number 8 on the waitlist. i wonder how many people declined already before the waitlist positions were given out?

just found out i'm number 8 on the waitlist. i wonder how many people declined already before the waitlist positions were given out?

thats a good number! i think if you are under 10 you have a good shot of getting in. good luck!

No, I'm not. I just work in Austin. I heard that UT gives preference to Texas resident, and that could probably be a reason that I didn't get in. Well, don't give up hope because it doesn't end until you get a mail. Good luck!

oh yeah that could be why. well thank you!

Have they sent out all the waitlist emails? i have not gotten anything yet ~_~

i had emailed him earlier this week and was told i was recommended to be placed on the waitlist but i still havent received anything today :(

Same here, but they may not be done sending out emails though. I imagine they have to send them out individually.

I received an email today letting me know that I will not be offered a slot in the pharm D. program. Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting to find out! I hope that y'all have better luck than me :luck:

Those who found out their # on the waitlist, did you guys email Dr Wilcox first? or did you recieve like a generic email?