Why the Texas Southern University PharmD program is listed as entry-level doctor of pharmacy on pharmCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completed my prerequisites at a community college, so I'm ready to attend a 4-year professional program of Pharm.D, but TSU is listed as entry-level level program, which is confusing. Does that mean that we need to indicate on FAFSA that we are enrolling in a bachelor program? Are they going to give us a bachelor degree first?!

Members don't see this ad.

ENTRY-LEVEL doctor of pharmacy = PharmD

For over two decades, entry level education has always been PharmD. for FAFSA purposes, you can qualify for federal pell grant if you never had a bachelors AND the program considers your P1 year as undergraduate status for tuition and enrollment. Matter of fact, some programs offer a bachelors prior to completion toward a PharmD (optional). This is a slippery slope, and I would contact the program to see if indeed you would be "enrolled as an undergraduate" your first couple of semesters and see if it has been done in times past.

Otherwise, no. In the conventional pathway, pell grant does not exist for "professional" years of pharmacy school.

Wow, after a few years i jumped on here, and i cannot believe people are still going into pharamcy. mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.