University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
alright this week marks the third month since admission deadline for summer cohort, may admissions have mercy on us!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone just wanted to let everyone know that I just received an interview Invite for the st augustine campus for Jan 26!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone just wanted to let everyone know that I just received an interview Invite for the st augustine campus for Jan 26!!
Woohoooo, finally!!! Really happy for you - congrats! That feels far away but at least you can plan ahead.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

I just got an interview invite as well for St. Augustine campus same day!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yea it's so far compared to the previous years but at I can stop checking my emails frantically and start preparing. Good luck to everyone!

I just received an interview for Austin campus on Dec 2!!!!!! (I have to reschedule and they said that's fine!) WOOOOOHOOOOOO

Reactions: 5 users
I just received an interview for Austin campus on Dec 2!!!!!! (I have to reschedule and they said that's fine!) WOOOOOHOOOOOO
YAY, congrats!!! Super exciting!! I'm going to have heart palpitations waiting to see if I hear anything today too haha. Did you literally hear like right before you posted? Who was the email from?

Received an interview invite for Austin campus December 2nd!! Instant anxiety but I’ll be fine!!

Reactions: 4 users
Received an interview invite for Austin campus December 2nd!! Instant anxiety but I’ll be fine!!
Congrats!!! May I ask what your stats are and whether you're applying to full time or Flex? What time did you get an email?

YAY, congrats!!! Super exciting!! I'm going to have heart palpitations waiting to see if I hear anything today too haha. Did you literally hear like right before you posted? Who was the email from?

Thank you! I received an email about 30 minutes before I posted! It was from someone on the admissions commitee

I know this is gonna sound super pessimistic but I promise I'm not trying to be, lol... Out of curiosity, if one is denied without getting an interview, do they usually find out right away or does the school wait until seats are filled to send out notifications?

I was told last week that I have an interview at the Miami campus on Janaury 26th! Is anyone else going to be interviewing that day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be interviewing on the same date!

Reactions: 2 users
I was told last week that I have an interview at the Miami campus on Janaury 26th! Is anyone else going to be interviewing that day?
Was Miami your number one choice? Will your interview still be held at St. Augustine or Miami? Congrats on the invite :)

Was Miami your number one choice? Will your interview still be held at St. Augustine or Miami? Congrats on the invite :)
Thank you! And yes, the interview is going to be at the Miami campus and it was also my number one choice

Hi all, currently working on my USA application for Fall 2018.
Any tips on the statement of purpose? I have tons of ideas but not really sure where to start.

Also, what were the interviews like, if you've gotten them?

Thanks so much for your help! Applying is such a crazy process :scared:
I can send you a copy of mines for you if you still need help

Thank you! And yes, the interview is going to be at the Miami campus and it was also my number one choice
Nice! So I'm about to apply for the summer term once the school receives all my transcript. Do you know anything about the medical terminology course? I'm applying without having taken the course but can take it if I got an interview and acceptance before I start the program. This is my second time around applying.

Hey Guys!

I just received an acceptance offer from the University of St. Augustine for the Summer 2018 entering class! Hoping to hear others did too!

Hey Guys!

I just received an acceptance offer from the University of St. Augustine for the Summer 2018 entering class! Hoping to hear others did too!
Just curious, since your interview was so much earlier than everyone else's, was there anyone there from the spring 2018 class? About how many PT candidates interviewed that day?

Just curious, since your interview was so much earlier than everyone else's, was there anyone there from the spring 2018 class? About how many PT candidates interviewed that day?

From what I understand, all the applicants were there for the Summer 2018 class. There were both PT and OT applicants present. About 12 students total, and about 5 of the 12 were PT students.

From what I understand, all the applicants were there for the Summer 2018 class. There were both PT and OT applicants present. About 12 students total, and about 5 of the 12 were PT students.

can I ask what your stats are and when did you complete your application?

Only 12 people in total?! They must've really liked you guys. Question is this for the st augustine campus?

yea I've taken it online at UCSD Extension

Did you check with them, to see if this course was okay? Just want to warn you just in case (because there is still time to take another, if you need to), that UCSD is on the quarter system. So I'm pretty sure that course is worth one quarter unit, but the USA requirement is for one semester unit. I decided against that course, because I thought it might be an issue, but I don't know. If you haven't checked, I think you should

EDIT: Nevermind! I just checked and they've updated the course so that it's now 1.5 units! I think that converts to 1 semester unit and should be fine!

Did you check with them, to see if this course was okay? Just want to warn you just in case (because there is still time to take another, if you need to), that UCSD is on the quarter system. So I'm pretty sure that course is worth one quarter unit, but the USA requirement is for one semester unit. I decided against that course, because I thought it might be an issue, but I don't know. If you haven't checked, I think you should

EDIT: Nevermind! I just checked and they've updated the course so that it's now 1.5 units! I think that converts to 1 semester unit and should be fine!
yea i checked with admissions before they paid for the class they gave me the OK for it.

Nice! So I'm about to apply for the summer term once the school receives all my transcript. Do you know anything about the medical terminology course? I'm applying without having taken the course but can take it if I got an interview and acceptance before I start the program. This is my second time around applying.
I’m currently taking medical terminology online through a community college and they said that was fine!

Hello, I've been following this thread for awhile now and thought I should make an account. I applied for the Summer 2018 DPT program for the Saint Augustine campus back in August and just a few days ago got offered to move my application to Spring 2018. Not sure if this was a good or bad decision but I decided to go through with it since I'm hoping to start school asap. Was told my interview would likely be sometime around the first week of December.

Hello, I've been following this thread for awhile now and thought I should make an account. I applied for the Summer 2018 DPT program for the Saint Augustine campus back in August and just a few days ago got offered to move my application to Spring 2018. Not sure if this was a good or bad decision but I decided to go through with it since I'm hoping to start school asap. Was told my interview would likely be sometime around the first week of December.
I think that's great - best of luck to you! I definitely don't think it was a bad decision. May I ask what your stats are?

I applied to the Spring flex program at San Marcos and they offered me the same thing. I accepted the offer and my interview is December 2nd.

I wasn’t 100% sure if I wanted to do it but starting 8 months earlier in a 4 year program sounds like a good idea to me

I think that's great - best of luck to you! I definitely don't think it was a bad decision. May I ask what your stats are?
Thank you! Hopefully I hear back from them soon. My cumGPA is 3.87, prereqGPA is 3.79. My GRE isn’t the strongest.. 147 verbal, 146 quantitative, and 4.0AW. I also have 600hrs in an ortho outpatient clinic, 300hrs in a pediatric/neuro outpatient clinic and 1000+ hrs in an inpatient setting where I currently work as a rehab tech.

Reactions: 1 users
Did/would anyone recommend bringing a portfolio to the interview? I had to make one in undergrad that consists of different projects I had to do that pertain to the physical therapy field. Not sure they'll even look at it but thought it might be nice to have just in case?

Did/would anyone recommend bringing a portfolio to the interview? I had to make one in undergrad that consists of different projects I had to do that pertain to the physical therapy field. Not sure they'll even look at it but thought it might be nice to have just in case?

Before my interview we got an email telling us not to bring anything, so I wouldn't recommend it. It said staff and professors could not accept resumes or other academic materials. But reading through that portfolio yourself, and reminding yourself of those projects you've worked on could still be helpful! You'll have lots to talk about in the interview

According to what was said at the November 17th interview, acceptances should start getting sent out around December 8th-15th. I'm getting so anxious!!! Can't help but constantly check my email. Good luck everyone!

According to what was said at the November 17th interview, acceptances should start getting sent out around December 8th-15th. I'm getting so anxious!!! Can't help but constantly check my email. Good luck everyone!
Thank you for this info! Are you applying to full term or flex?

Just checked my admission decision on the St. Augustine website and found out that I was accepted to the San Marcos campus! I'm assuming emails/phone calls will start going out tomorrow

Reactions: 6 users
Just checked my admission decision on the St. Augustine website and found out that I was accepted to the San Marcos campus! I'm assuming emails/phone calls will start going out tomorrow
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats!!! I just checked my portal and was accepted to the San Marcos campus as well!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!! I just checked my portal and was accepted to the San Marcos campus as well!

Congratulations!!! I've been accepted too! I hadn't seen this thread and came to tell Novemeber 17th interviewers to check their portals. I'm glad I didn't look here first, I would have been so anxious. So excited to be accepted!

Last edited:
For those of you who applied to St. Augustine, did your advisor email you confirming that your application was submitted. I have emailed my advisor Kim like 3-4 times asking for confirmation and haven't received any sort of reply. I'm getting worried and trying to make sure that they got my application for Fall.

For those of you who applied to St. Augustine, did your advisor email you confirming that your application was submitted. I have emailed my advisor Kim like 3-4 times asking for confirmation and haven't received any sort of reply. I'm getting worried and trying to make sure that they got my application for Fall.
Yes - Kim confirmed with me that my app was submitted for summer back in August. One thing I noticed, however, is that in the USA application portal she is no longer listed as my advisor (it is just blank now). Not sure if she's still employed there, but I would try and call the school to find out.

Yes my advisor emailed me back to confirm but it took him a long time to do so. Have you tried to call? Has anybody received any acceptances yet that interviewed over the weekend?

Congrats guys, I received my acceptance today too!
Glad the wait is over.

Reactions: 3 users

I applied las week for Fall 2018 in Austin. My advisor, Kim, sent me an email confirming that my application was sent for review. When I checked my USA application status it says "Under Review". I've had other questions and tried calling her and emailing her, but she has not responded...:cyclops: they must be really busy right now. :shrug: