Did any of you hear anything about University of St. Augustine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kot6

Reaction score
Did any of you hear anything about University of St. Augustine DTP program? Someone told me to watch out for their program, but didn't explain why. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If you look at the reddit thread about their Austin campus, it goes through almost everything. I applied and got in there and if I dont get in anywhere else, I'd happily go there.
It's pricey and they have ALOT of students but that's the game we play to become what we want.

Reactions: 1 user
Did any of you hear anything about University of St. Augustine DTP program? Someone told me to watch out for their program, but didn't explain why. Any thoughts?
My understanding is it depends on the campus. St. Augustine (main campus) has a better reputation than some of the others.

It is a for profit school so it’s incredibly expensive. I do know two PTs who went to USAHS and are wonderful therapists. I think the fact that they take a lot more students per year than the typical DPT program may contribute to their less than stellar reputation.

I have a friend who just started at the st Augustine campus this year and she reports back that she loves it so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding is it depends on the campus. St. Augustine (main campus) has a better reputation than some of the others.

It is a for profit school so it’s incredibly expensive. I do know two PTs who went to USAHS and are wonderful therapists. I think the fact that they take a lot more students per year than the typical DPT program may contribute to their less than stellar reputation.

I have a friend who just started at the st Augustine campus this year and she reports back that she loves it so far.
I'm not sure why everybody say it is extremally high? According to their website, the cost is about $115K, which is not too bad compare to $150K for some other schools. Should I trust their website?

I'm not sure why everybody say it is extremally high? According to their website, the cost is about $115K, which is not too bad compare to $150K for some other schools. Should I trust their website?
Unsure where you live but compared to other (public) schools and even some private, it’s more expensive. State schools here in Florida range from 48k-75k

Unsure where you live but compared to other (public) schools and even some private, it’s more expensive. State schools here in Florida range from 48k-75k
Well, my stats are not good enough for public schools, so I can only compare to other private program. And based on my information from schools' websites and PTCAS, St.Augustine costs less than majority of other private programs.

Well, my stats are not good enough for public schools, so I can only compare to other private program. And based on my information from schools' websites and PTCAS, St.Augustine costs less than majority of other private programs.
Can I ask what state you live in that the programs at 150k? That seems so crazy high.

I live at North Shore, so some schools here, such as LIU in New York, UNE in Maine, MCPHS in Massachusetts are about this price tag. Even Gannon University and Nova Southeastern University are very expensive, at least for out-of-state people. Therefore I was very surprised when everybody was saying that USA is very expensive.

Last edited:
Can I ask what state you live in that the programs at 150k? That seems so crazy high.
I live in PA and programs are on average ~120k. Remember too that some schools the tuition is higher if you are applying out of state. I was looking at Ohio State in the beginning of my search and for an out of state student the tuition was 150k.

I live at North Shore, so some schools here, such as LIU in New York, UNE in Maine, MCPHS in Massachusetts are about this price tag. Even Gannon University and Nova Southeastern University are very expensive, at least for out-of-state people. Therefore I was very surprised when everybody was saying that USA is very expensive.
MCPHS is absolutely not worth its price tag. Apply anywhere else

Dont forget to take into consideration of the rent near the university you're trying to attend. St. Aug in Miami may cost 118k in tuition but you wont get a decent apartment without roaches for anything less than 1.5k unless you're living at home, and that's the same case for everywhere.