University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how USA calculates prereq gpa? On the application, we didn't enter pluses or minuses for grades, so do they calculate gpa without that? Just A is 4, B is 3, etc, etc..?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how USA calculates prereq gpa? On the application, we didn't enter pluses or minuses for grades, so do they calculate gpa without that? Just A is 4, B is 3, etc, etc..?
i believe your correct. Also they calculate the last 45 credits for your gpa

That's correct. Leaving out the +/- helps to level out the playing field. My community college, for example, did not grade with +/-.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i believe your correct. Also they calculate the last 45 credits for your gpa

Just as additional information? They also calculate your cumulative GPA, right?

yup your cumulative is the last 45 credits.

Oh that's nice. This, and the confirmation that pluses and minuses don't matter is great news! Especially great news for my A minuses

Thanks so much!! I don't mind at all. USA pgpa: 3.6 & GRE: 302.
Hello! Do you mind sharing your experience at the interview on Friday ? For example questions they asked, estimate amount of DPT applicants, also if admissions said anything about how many they will be accepting etc?

Coming up on another week... May the PT school gods be kind and merciful :)

Coming up on another week... May the PT school gods be kind and merciful :)
even though it doesn't say that they are still accepting applications for san macros for the spring term. someone in a pre pt facebook group recently got accepted for the spring. I can't believe they're still filling spring.. such a long process lol

even though it doesn't say that they are still accepting applications for san macros for the spring term. someone in a pre pt facebook group recently got accepted for the spring. I can't believe they're still filling spring.. such a long process lol
Interesting... Who knows what to expect anymore haha

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe he was waitlisted... I’ve seen ppl get accepted after being waitlisted just a few weeks before classes start!

I emailed to request an update from my advisor since someone interviewed at Austin last Friday. I just figured they would have a better idea by now. I basically got back a non-answer telling me to "please have patience as it's a rigorous process". No other details. Bummer, lol.

I
I emailed to request an update from my advisor since someone interviewed at Austin last Friday. I just figured they would have a better idea by now. I basically got back a non-answer telling me to "please have patience as it's a rigorous process". No other details. Bummer, lol.
At least it was a prompt response.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite for Friday, November 17th for the San Marcos campus!!

I just got an interview invite for Friday, November 17th for the San Marcos campus!!

Congrats on getting an interview! did the school email you? and when did you submit your application?

Congrats on getting an interview! did the school email you? and when did you submit your application?

Thank you! I am equal parts excited and nervous! The invite was in an e-mail from the school, from someone from the admissions team.

Edit: and my app was submitted on 9/1

Last edited:
Thank you! I am equal parts excited and nervous! The invite was in an e-mail from the school, from someone named Jennifer Finn

Whoops, didn't realize I had different accounts on my computer and phone. Emgant is also me, cover blown

Also received an invitation to interview at San Marcos on Nov 17th. Does anyone know if this is the first round of interviews for San Marcos for summer 2018?

Also received an invitation to interview at San Marcos on Nov 17th. Does anyone know if this is the first round of interviews for San Marcos for summer 2018?
Gratz! You guys are the first to post about it so I'm assuming yes :)

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your USA pgpa and Gre?

In so excited for you guys for receiving invites. Good luck yall!

So, for the rest of us... I'm assuming if we don't hear anything this week, then it'll be too late (or too short notice) to invite anyone to interviews for next week. Two weeks from now is Thanksgiving. So we're potentially looking at December now.

So, for the rest of us... I'm assuming if we don't hear anything this week, then it'll be too late (or too short notice) to invite anyone to interviews for next week. Two weeks from now is Thanksgiving. So we're potentially looking at December now.
My advisor told me today that the next potential interview date for the Austin Campus will be December 1st.

A friend of mine was just offered an interview for San Marcos Spring semester... on the 16th this month.

Wow for spring full time dpt? Can’t believe they are still filling spring spots
I’ve heard of them pulling from the next trimester to still fill the previous one if they didn’t have enough good applicants apply

Has anyone heard anything from the st augustine campus? I imagine that st augustine and Miami would be the last places we would hear from

Just curious... did anyone get an email from USA regarding interested in the masters of public health or something?

One of the fall 2018 applicants just posted in the spring thread saying they were offered an opportunity to interview for spring. That's pretty crazy, considering they just skipped right past offering them summer. I wonder why they're still struggling to fill those seats (also, have they asked any of us yet?).

One of the fall 2018 applicants just posted in the spring thread saying they were offered an opportunity to interview for spring. That's pretty crazy, considering they just skipped right past offering them summer. I wonder why they're still struggling to fill those seats (also, have they asked any of us yet?).
no i haven't been invited to relocate to spring then again im applying to a full time program not flex. Maybe they're just less interest in the flex program.

no i haven't been invited to relocate to spring then again im applying to a full time program not flex. Maybe they're just less interest in the flex program.
You're probably right. I feel like there's some weird phenomenon happening with the applicant pools this year that I'll never fully understand. Oh well, lol.

You're probably right. I feel like there's some weird phenomenon happening with the applicant pools this year that I'll never fully understand. Oh well, lol.
yeah summer is very delayed. i just hope we hear back this YEAR! LOL

I also received an interview invite for the San Marcos campus :banana:
So excited and nervous already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So I didn’t receive any notification for San Marcos yet... don’t know if this is a good thing or bad. :blackeye:

So I didn’t receive any notification for San Marcos yet... don’t know if this is a good thing or bad. :blackeye:
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It might just be that they're slowly trickling in. Summer seats are tougher to fill (plus you've seen how slow spring has been!).

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It might just be that they're slowly trickling in. Summer seats are tougher to fill (plus you've seen how slow spring has been!).
Thank you! Wish the best for you and everyone on here as well

Even if an invite doesn't happen for this round of interviews, I wouldn't get discouraged! Plenty of people get invited to different interview rounds, and still get in. I don't think it's a good or bad thing, yet!