University of St. Augustine Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reems112

Reaction score
Hey guys!! Hope everyone is doing well during this stressful time of acceptances and such! I wanted to know the students that have been accepted into St. Augustine and have started the program how is the program? What is it like? I have not heard the best reviews thus far and I know they accept around 70 students to each cohort. Most DPT programs have small class sizes and are able to focus on their students individually and such. I heard that the program here doesn't care about their students very much and that is very concerning especially when the tuition prices are so high! Is the educational aspect compromised at this program? The ranking of the program is not very good either which is another reason why I question the program. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted for this coming fall. I am not worried about ranking at all; job prospects aren't based on ranking, but literally on obtaining your DPT. Go to the program that will put you in the least debt. Saint Augustine is expensive, but so are all private DPT programs. Most private schools I came across were priced 120k+, USA is priced a bit cheaper at 111k. Tuition is steep, but less than most private programs. I'm actually a fan of larger cohort sizes, more students to network with. They are also a pretty large organization and have expanded further than other DPT programs so they must know what they are doing lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted for this coming fall. I am not worried about ranking at all; job prospects aren't based on ranking, but literally on obtaining your DPT. Go to the program that will put you in the least debt. Saint Augustine is expensive, but so are all private DPT programs. Most private schools I came across were priced 120k+, USA is priced a bit cheaper at 111k. Tuition is steep, but less than most private programs. I'm actually a fan of larger cohort sizes, more students to network with. They are also a pretty large organization and have expanded further than other DPT programs so they must know what they are doing
really? Ive heard otherwise. But that's interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can/will graduate and become a PT who passes the boards and gets a job from St Augustine. Now for the but... St Augustine is a for profit school. While all schools are businesses to an extent, St Augustine has a bigger emphasis on the bottom line. Personally, I am opposed to for profit schools, but that is a personal view. Because of this, it also is not viewed very positively by many of the academic leaders in PT. That may or may not bother you. They are able to graduate a ton of PTs because of the multiple campuses and multiple cohorts, and therefore can admit many people who don't get in elsewhere. This can lead to some predatory behavior as the students often don't have other choices. But again, you can definitely get what you need to be a PT from here.

Reactions: 2 users
You can/will graduate and become a PT who passes the boards and gets a job from St Augustine. Now for the but... St Augustine is a for profit school. While all schools are businesses to an extent, St Augustine has a bigger emphasis on the bottom line. Personally, I am opposed to for profit schools, but that is a personal view. Because of this, it also is not viewed very positively by many of the academic leaders in PT. That may or may not bother you. They are able to graduate a ton of PTs because of the multiple campuses and multiple cohorts, and therefore can admit many people who don't get in elsewhere. This can lead to some predatory behavior as the students often don't have other choices. But again, you can definitely get what you need to be a PT from here.
Yes I heard a lot about that and that's why Im choosing a better option for myself. It's extremely pricey like that's what just makes me stop there in the first place and secondly there were other things that I didn't like. Also I totally agree with the predatory behavior part because there were a lot of students in my cohort that I spoke with that like had no other option besides this one to go to school at. And they enter cohorts every semester not to mention around 80 students which is a lot! Either way it just didn't appeal to me whatsoever and I have a better option and insight now. Thank you for your insight!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!! Hope everyone is doing well during this stressful time of acceptances and such! I wanted to know the students that have been accepted into St. Augustine and have started the program how is the program? What is it like? I have not heard the best reviews thus far and I know they accept around 70 students to each cohort. Most DPT programs have small class sizes and are able to focus on their students individually and such. I heard that the program here doesn't care about their students very much and that is very concerning especially when the tuition prices are so high! Is the educational aspect compromised at this program? The ranking of the program is not very good either which is another reason why I question the program. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I was in the program. It's fine.
Don't worry about the class size. Schools have to have certain student to teacher ratio for all labs (don't remember the ratio, something between 7:1 - 10:1).
I have never heard about a school that would not raise their tuition because they care about their students :). That sounds like utopia :). Most professors are good and care enough.
There always will be complaints here and there, but overall, it's fine.