University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what it means when the request stage for hours verification says "Submitted - Under Review"?

edit: nevermind... found the answer

Last edited:
3.1 ish Cumulative, 3.65 pre req gpa 310 GRE about 2000 hours in 6 settings....second time applying so fingers crossed! how about you....super nervous currently

Prereq GPA: 3.3, GRE: 317 and I've got around 100 shadowing hours in only three settings... First time applicant, really hoping I'm at least able to get an interview and 'wow' them there lol. Also super nervous, but applying to other schools as well and hoping for a shot anywhere

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it took mine a couple weeks after they became available. For some reason it doesn't tell you in their system whether or not they've been received (like it does with the transcripts) so you have to check in with your advisor.

This is correct, I called Chelsea at San Marcos and she confirmed everything before I submitted.

Prereq GPA: 3.3, GRE: 317 and I've got around 100 shadowing hours in only three settings... First time applicant, really hoping I'm at least able to get an interview and 'wow' them there lol. Also super nervous, but applying to other schools as well and hoping for a shot anywhere
You have a nice GRE score! Which program/campus are you applying to?

Also do you guys mind sharing your stats? Thx!

First time applying
PreReq-3.66
Undergrad-3.53
Graduate-3.78, because I have masters I don't have to submit my GRE score.
Last 45- 3.76

I've been in the rehab field for 6 years around multiple PTs and did some shadowing in 1 setting, looking for a second setting.

You have a nice GRE score! Which program/campus are you applying to?
Hahah yeah my GRE score is pretty much the only stat I feel okay hanging my hat on. I'm applying to St. Aug (St. Aug campus), Bellarmine in KY, Creighton in NE, Touro in NV, Univ of St. Mary in ND, and ETSU in TN. Honestly went through and these schools seem like the ones I had the most realistic shot to at least get an interview.

Hahah yeah my GRE score is pretty much the only stat I feel okay hanging my hat on. I'm applying to St. Aug (St. Aug campus), Bellarmine in KY, Creighton in NE, Touro in NV, Univ of St. Mary in ND, and ETSU in TN. Honestly went through and these schools seem like the ones I had the most realistic shot to at least get an interview.

Your Prereg GPA looks pretty good and the GRE score is amazing so I would think you would get an interview lol but im in the same boat. Applied like a week before the deadline so ive been waiting over 7 weeks already and im getting anxiety lol

Crunch time to finish up the application, deadline is 5 days away.

Don't forget that once you submit you still have to call the school to have them make sure everything is there.

Reactions: 1 user
Crunch time to finish up the application, deadline is 5 days away.

Don't forget that once you submit you still have to call the school to have them make sure everything is there.

I actually applied for the spring semester so ill keep you guys updated on how things go and whatnot. If i get an interview (fingers crossed) ill post in her on being prepared and whatnot

Update:

Chelsea sent this email to me on Wednesday: Submitted my application for Admission's Evaluation. I am told that I will be contacted via email whether a decision or invitation to interview a minimum of 6-8 weeks after the August 15th Deadline.

Anyone get a similar email? I am applying for full-time DPT program at San Marcos.

A new tab of "Admissions Decision" just appeared on my USA DPT application page. This is what the front page says for the May 10, 2018 Start Date:

Dear (Me),

Thank you for submitting your application to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program for the May 10, 2018 class at the San Marcos, CA campus

Your application is currently under review.

The program to which you have applied is competitive, and we receive a high volume of applicants for a limited number of seats. We are committed to accepting applications through the end of all application deadlines. This process takes time.

In addition to reviewing all applications, several steps must be completed before admissions decisions are made, including but not limited to, credentialing evaluations, observation hour confirmations and admissions interviews. These steps take time as well.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to evaluate applications that will yield the most qualified and well-suited students. You will be notified of your Admissions Decision as soon as it is available.

Please contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Adrianne L. Jones
Director of Admissions
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm
So conflicted on which campus to choose ;/ it's my last time
Applying to USA and I want to make the best choice. First time I applied to
San Marcos. Im
Open to attending any of the 4 campuses equally. If anyone has any insight regarding competitiveness please let me know thank you

I'm
So conflicted on which campus to choose ;/ it's my last time
Applying to USA and I want to make the best choice. First time I applied to
San Marcos. Im
Open to attending any of the 4 campuses equally. If anyone has any insight regarding competitiveness please let me know thank you
I think the Miami campus is lesser known since it is newest so it might be less competitive.

From what I have heard some of classes were going online with the lectures but still having to come in for labs. I don't know if that means also the AP classes though. I haven't heard anything about the manual therapy classes.

Sorry I'm still a little confused. Does this only pertain to the full time or flex program?

A new tab of "Admissions Decision" just appeared on my USA DPT application page. This is what the front page says for the May 10, 2018 Start Date:

How long after you submitted your application did it take for this tab to appear? I submitted last week and contacted my advisor but nothing has changed.

How long after you submitted your application did it take for this tab to appear? I submitted last week and contacted my advisor but nothing has changed.
It showed up on the same day for me. I would call them to confirm it's officially submitted.

It showed up on the same day for me. I would call them to confirm it's officially submitted.
I've been calling everyday since I submitted it and I keep getting voicemail, have left several voicemails but no change and no calls back. I don't know what else I can do.

I've been calling everyday since I submitted it and I keep getting voicemail, have left several voicemails but no change and no calls back. I don't know what else I can do.
Gosh, strange. What about emails? No response? Could you try calling another advisor as they may have access to your info as well?

The advisor, Chelsea, confirmed with me via email the term, start date, and program I wanted to apply to and from there the tab showed up after I confirmed with her. I believe it is best to get in contact with the advisor of the specific location you are applying for.

To which campus are you applying? I am in a similar situation. I submitted before the deadline (narrowly), called the enrollment/admissions officer, but I also do not have that tab.

To which campus are you applying? I am in a similar situation. I submitted before the deadline (narrowly), called the enrollment/admissions officer, but I also do not have that tab.
St. Augustine and you?

St. Augustine and you?
St. Augustine as well! Juan said he'd call me 'later on' to verify my application with him after I spoke to him about submitting. Haven't heard back since.

St. Augustine as well! Juan said he'd call me 'later on' to verify my application with him after I spoke to him about submitting. Haven't heard back since.
Ok I didn't even get that. Well I'm glad I'm not the only person in this boat.

Ok I didn't even get that. Well I'm glad I'm not the only person in this boat.
Yeah, I called him immediately after I submitted just to make sure it was going through. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything further!

Yeah, I called him immediately after I submitted just to make sure it was going through. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything further!
Juan called today, confirmed everything and the tab has appeared now. I submitted my application on the 13th if that helps you out.
Also he said that I should hear something in November regarding an interview or not so that is nice to at least have a time frame.

Thanks for the head-up!!! I applied the 14th so hopefully I'll receive the same call within the next few days. Then the waiting game will begin......

Hey everyone! I just submitted my app today for Summer 2018 at Austin. Freaking out. Anyone want to comment on my stats and give me their opinion? Trying to stay confident, but it's so nerve racking.
Overall: 3.5
Pre-req: 3.5
GRE: 300 / 4
6 settings of PT = 2,200 hours total (worked as an aide for a long time)

Hey everyone! I just submitted my app today for Summer 2018 at Austin. Freaking out. Anyone want to comment on my stats and give me their opinion? Trying to stay confident, but it's so nerve racking.
Overall: 3.5
Pre-req: 3.5
GRE: 300 / 4
6 settings of PT = 2,200 hours total (worked as an aide for a long time)

I think your stats are great! You probably have a much better shot than I do. ;)

Yeah im with you here i am a second time applier as well. I diversified the number of settings that I volunteered in, and retook a ton of classes. I was thinking about retaking the GRE but I figured it was more important to work on those two aspects because my GRE was apparently in the competitive range already. I was told that GRE, GPA, and Volunteer settings are the main things to try and improve on moving forward. Figured I would try and do as much as possible since USA only allows you to apply twice so unfortunately if this turns out to be a rejection for me I wont be able to apply again. Fingers crossed it doesnt!

Did you receive an invite for interview the first time you applied? If you did, what did you think happened during your interview that did not grant you admittance into the program? Also, may I ask what your previous stats were when applying the first time? Sorry for all the questions! Really appreciate any info. Thank you and good luck!

What did everyone's advisors say about when we'll hear back about interviews? Last I heard was "November" but that seems a bit late considering that is beyond the 6-8 week estimate they normally give...

Last edited:
What did everyone's advisors say about when we'll hear back about interviews? Last I heard was "November" but that seems a bit late considering that is beyond the 6-8 week estimate they normally give...
I heard "November" as well. If they are still doing interviews and such for spring which starts January it doesn't seem late to me. But I'm not stressing about the the time they are taking.

well looking at the spring thread it seems they are handing out acceptance right now, only the st Augustine and Miami campuses is doing interviews due to the hurricanes. so November seems probable

Did anyone else's online application format change? For example I went to upload something in the admission documents section and I only see my transcripts. My LORS and observation hours are missing (all of that is complete and just a few days ago all of those documents were uploaded). And now it shows incomplete even though it was complete a few weeks ago when I clicked submit.

Did anyone else's online application format change? For example I went to upload something in the admission documents section and I only see my transcripts. My LORS and observation hours are missing (all of that is complete and just a few days ago all of those documents were uploaded). And now it shows incomplete even though it was complete a few weeks ago when I clicked submit.
Mine changed today as well. All of my prereq classes are gone!

Did anyone else's online application format change? For example I went to upload something in the admission documents section and I only see my transcripts. My LORS and observation hours are missing (all of that is complete and just a few days ago all of those documents were uploaded). And now it shows incomplete even though it was complete a few weeks ago when I clicked submit.[/QUOTE

My Pre-reqs are gone too. I hope this means they are beginning to look at our applications since the spring decisions are being given out. On 10/10 is exactly 8 weeks after the deadline for the summer 2018.

Yea your not alone all my pre reqs are wiped but my LOR and Hours are still there.

Same as above - prereqs are all gone and "progress" is at 86%. My LORs and hours still remain.

Has any one contacted their adviser and found out what is happening?
I emailed Juan but haven't heard back yet, I'll be sure to post an update if he does respond.

UPDATE: Haven't heard back from Juan still and so I took it upon myself to re-enter the grades in the pre-requisite field. Unfortunately it won't let me. So I'm not sure at this point. If anybody gets into contact with their enrollment advisor it would be great if you can let us know what they said.

Yea your not alone all my pre reqs are wiped but my LOR and Hours are still there.
I actually had the same problem but I re-entered all the prerequisite courses and it went back to 100%

I actually had the same problem but I re-entered all the prerequisite courses and it went back to 100%
I got an error message every time I tried to re-enter mine. That didn't happen to you?

usa 2017.jpg This is the message I get every time
usa 2017.jpg
I try to re-enter grades.

View attachment 224100 This is the message I get every timeView attachment 224100 I try to re-enter grades.
The message states, " Enrollment must indicate whether a candidate has Pending Courses before submitting a file to Admissions Evaluation by choosing Yes or No only. (Admissions will utilize the "Cleared" option after coursework is finalized and verified."

The message states, " Enrollment must indicate whether a candidate has Pending Courses before submitting a file to Admissions Evaluation by choosing Yes or No only. (Admissions will utilize the "Cleared" option after coursework is finalized and verified."

Tbh, I wouldn't mess with it until getting an answer from the advisors. It might do funky things if all of this was intentional and you're trying to re-enter stuff.

I e-mailed Kim last night but she hasn't replied yet. I'll update you guys if I hear anything.

Tbh, I wouldn't mess with it until getting an answer from the advisors. It might do funky things if all of this was intentional and you're trying to re-enter stuff.

I e-mailed Kim last night but she hasn't replied yet. I'll update you guys if I hear anything.
My stuff came back today, everything is 100%