University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone so I recently followed this thread and figured out how to work this thing but I was accepted into USA for the Summer 2018 at San Marcos and I was wondering if anyone else who was accepted received a phone call and their enrollment forms? It has been almost a month now and I haven't received anything. Please let me know if I should be worried!!!!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, I recieved my acceptance on December 6th from San marcos, but haven't heard anything since then. Now I'm worried too...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat, I recieved my acceptance on December 6th from San marcos, but haven't heard anything since then. Now I'm worried too...
Apparently one of the faculty members no longer works there so they are trying to work out the kinks and get everything back on track which caused the delay in our enrollment agreement and other paperwork not to mention they were just on holiday so I was told I should be receiving paperwork within the next 2-3 weeks. Hang in there gang!!

Reactions: 1 user
I meant to type acceptance phone call.

Like I said there’s a good amount of things you need to take care of, but you still have plenty of time to complete them. They do give you a pretty early deadline for the enrollment agreement form, so that’s something to watch out for
Great thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey just wondering I was just accepted into USA Summer 2018 DPT program as well and I was wondering if you received your enrollment forms yet?

I am so glad you asked, because I have not receive anything and now know that I probably should have. I assume you have probably emailed them to get started. Do you mind letting me know how they respond?

Apparently one of the faculty members no longer works there so they are trying to work out the kinks and get everything back on track which caused the delay in our enrollment agreement and other paperwork not to mention they were just on holiday so I was told I should be receiving paperwork within the next 2-3 weeks. Hang in there gang!!

This is a relief to hear because I've been worried that I was missing something too!
Also, has anyone made a Facebook page for summer 2018 San Marcos?

I am so glad you asked, because I have not receive anything and now know that I probably should have. I assume you have probably emailed them to get started. Do you mind letting me know how they respond?
Yeah! So one of the admissions faculty left right before break so they are trying to figure things out on their end which is delaying our paperwork not to mention the spring cohort starts next week so they are super busy! They told me the secondary email with the enrollment paperwork should come in about 2-3 weeks. So it's such a relief to know that because I thought they forgot about me so I was freaked out!!

This is a relief to hear because I've been worried that I was missing something too!
Also, has anyone made a Facebook page for summer 2018 San Marcos?
Not sure! I keep checking and I only see the Spring 2018 class. Does anyone know who is in charge of making that like is it the school or one of the incoming students....?

Yeah! So one of the admissions faculty left right before break so they are trying to figure things out on their end which is delaying our paperwork not to mention the spring cohort starts next week so they are super busy! They told me the secondary email with the enrollment paperwork should come in about 2-3 weeks. So it's such a relief to know that because I thought they forgot about me so I was freaked out!!

Oh, that's good to know! :) Thanks for following up. Also, congratulations on your acceptance!!!!!

I just received an invitation to interview for the Summer 2018 on Friday January 26th at 10:15am at San Marcos!

Reactions: 5 users
Just letting you guys know that I've declined my interview at St Augustine on Jan 26. Hope this helps someone.

I just received an invitation to interview for the Summer 2018 on Friday January 26th at 10:15am at San Marcos!
same here, I just came back home from a different schools interview and checked my email and saw the invite for st Augustine finally lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it typically take to hear back after interviewing? I'm interviewing at SA campus at end of January and I am curious about when I should expect to receive a response.

How long does it typically take to hear back after interviewing? I'm interviewing at SA campus at end of January and I am curious about when I should expect to receive a response.
I think it is is 3-4 weeks but, I don't know the exact timing. I am also interviewing at the St. Augustine campus in three weeks.

Not sure! I keep checking and I only see the Spring 2018 class. Does anyone know who is in charge of making that like is it the school or one of the incoming students....?

That's what I've been wondering too. If anyone from Austin knows, help a girl out!

Congrats Ill see you there! I am in the same boat as far as the deposit goes. Only those couple of emails, nothing else.

Also I just started a facebook group for our class. Type in "University St. Augustine Dpt Summer 2018 Austin" and it should pop up!

Hey! I was accepted for summer 2018 in San Marcos and they don't have a FB page yet. Did you just randomly create one or was it through the school itself? Thanks!

That's what I've been wondering too. If anyone from Austin knows, help a girl out!
I made a group, I don't believe the school makes one for us. Type in "University St. Augustine Dpt Summer 2018 Austin" and it should pop up. If it doesn't let me know!

Hey! I was accepted for summer 2018 in San Marcos and they don't have a FB page yet. Did you just randomly create one or was it through the school itself? Thanks!
I made one, I don't believe the school makes one for us but maybe I just got too antsy lol. Though in all the other forums I read that students had started there own.

Hey y'all!

I just created a FB page for the University St Augustine San Marcos DPT - summer 2018!!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has already interviewed, how did it go? What type of questions did they ask? what was the vibe like?

Hello, Is it the interview for Jan. 26th? Did you have to send a response saying you'll accept interview invitation to Jill Jennings? If so, did she ever respond confirming she received your email?

I think it is is 3-4 weeks but, I don't know the exact timing. I am also interviewing at the St. Augustine campus in three weeks.
Hello, Is it the interview for Jan. 26th? Did you have to send a response saying you'll accept interview invitation to Jill Jennings? If so, did she ever respond confirming she received your email?

She does not respond back to your confirmation. I originally got invited to the December interview but had to reschedule so I am going to the Jan 27th interview. We will be receiving another email about a week before the interview.

She does not respond back to your confirmation. I originally got invited to the December interview but had to reschedule so I am going to the Jan 27th interview. We will be receiving another email about a week before the interview.
Thank you!!

Has anyone from the December 1st interview group in San Marcos heard anything back from admissions yet?

Has anyone from the December 1st interview group in San Marcos heard anything back from admissions yet?

I was wondering the same thing about the Dec 11th group.. Reading the other posts above, I know that someone had left before the break causing a bit of chaos with the paper work, and they delayed decisions about 2 -3 weeks, but that was 2-3 weeks ago. I was going to wait until Monday and write them.

At least I know that decisions from the 1st has still not come out, it makes me feel a little better.

Im also keeping an eye on the Facebook group: University St Augustine San Marcos DPT - summer 2018
Their members are 8 and growing..

Last edited:
Hey guys, idk I figured that you guys would appreciate to know that Chelsea emailed me on Tuesday and encouraged me to apply for summer 2018. I was going to wait for next year due to a below average gpa (she recommended I retake courses in the fall), but she emailed me on Tuesday. I uploaded my statement of purpose and submitted my application yesterday. I'm assuming this means that they either don't have enough applicants or they're REALLY behind on their process and figured that they should keep accepting applications.. even though its mid January. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Hey guys, idk I figured that you guys would appreciate to know that Chelsea emailed me on Tuesday and encouraged me to apply for summer 2018. I was going to wait for next year due to a below average gpa (she recommended I retake courses in the fall), but she emailed me on Tuesday. I uploaded my statement of purpose and submitted my application yesterday. I'm assuming this means that they either don't have enough applicants or they're REALLY behind on their process and figured that they should keep accepting applications.. even though its mid January. Anyway, good luck everyone!
Well, given the fact that they took about 3-4 months to notify us about interviews (versus the 6-8 weeks they normally take), they were pretty behind. Summer also tends to be a bit less competitive than the other cohorts. Perhaps it's a combination of the two!

Which campus are you applying to?

So I finally received the email asking for my deposit. It was in my junk folder for some reason. Anyways, I will be giving up my spot. It was nice chatting with you all, it’s been a very active thread. Wish you all the best!

Has anyone on here been accepted to the Austin Flex program?

So I wrote Chelsea about when to expect the admission's decision for San Marcos Summer cohort, and this was her reply.

"Thank you for reaching out! Same as before, once a final decision has been made, Admissions will reach out. Their final interview date for Summer 2018 will be at the end of this week, so they may be waiting until then."

So I wrote Chelsea about when to expect the admission's decision for San Marcos Summer cohort, and this was her reply.

"Thank you for reaching out! Same as before, once a final decision has been made, Admissions will reach out. Their final interview date for Summer 2018 will be at the end of this week, so they may be waiting until then."
I am the person who applied to Summer term last week and I just got an interview on feb 16th, they sent me two email saying they were inviting me to an interview, both on the same date, but one say summer term and one said fall term.. so idk what that means.. hoping they didn't just move me to fall term's cohort cuz its way more competitive.

I am the person who applied to Summer term last week and I just got an interview on feb 16th, they sent me two email saying they were inviting me to an interview, both on the same date, but one say summer term and one said fall term.. so idk what that means.. hoping they didn't just move me to fall term's cohort cuz its way more competitive.
I'd email them back and ask. It might've been a mistake, who knows

For those of you who were interviewed already, what questions were asked? How should I go about preparing for my interview? I applied to San Marcos for Fall 2018

For those of you who were interviewed already, what questions were asked? How should I go about preparing for my interview? I applied to San Marcos for Fall 2018

I posted the questions I was asked in this thread above, but there are multiple interviewers and multiple types of questions. The best thing to do is research questions asked, make a list (mine was 2 pages long) and then rehearse the answers to the questions like you would when preparing for a presentation and you'll be fine.

This is not true. The majority of classes are 25-50% online and the remainder is in a lab or lecture setting. Gross Anatomy used to be taught in one semester, with reinforcement from the Biomechanics course the following semester. Now, Gross Anatomy is taught in 2 semesters (lecture in class and a lab portion) to include more information, with Biomechanics reinforcing what we are learning. They felt the information was rushed and wanted students to truly understand Anatomy since we will be musculoskeletal experts. I'm currently a student at USA: St. Augustine campus in the new curriculum.
I am coming in for an interview this Friday in St Augustine and I am a bit nervous! I usually do pretty well in interview settings but would like to prepare a bit more if possible so i don't sound shaky and stumble. Do you remember they types of questions they asked in the interview? And was it all in the group setting or was there also 1 on 1 interviews as well? thanks! Cant wait to check campus out

Hey just wondering I was just accepted into USA Summer 2018 DPT program as well and I was wondering if you received your enrollment forms yet?
Did you guys interview before the acceptance? I have and interview on Jan 26 in St Augustine. Hoping the school isn't full before I even interview :(

Did you guys interview before the acceptance? I have and interview on Jan 26 in St Augustine. Hoping the school isn't full before I even interview :(

I'm also interviewing on Friday and I believe we are the last interview group they'll have for the summer cohort. Based off an early message in this thread I think they are holding off on making most of the decision until after this last interview group!

Does anyone know if we can take a notepad, pen, purse, etc. in with us? I saw in a previous thread awhile back that you couldn't take anything in with you for an interview.

Does anyone know if we can take a notepad, pen, purse, etc. in with us? I saw in a previous thread awhile back that you couldn't take anything in with you for an interview.
Their e-mail said staff "cannot accept additional items associated with your academic file" so that probably means don't bring copies of your resume or anything like that.

Good luck with the interview!
1) I looked at past (2016-current) USA posts about interview questions. I made flasch cards for each question and on the back I put down 2-3 strong points. Many of the questions over lap and you can use similar answers/examples. Make sure u write down an example or two for each question because they want to hear about your experiences.

2) I practiced “tell me about your self” and “why PT” the most because there is a lot you can say but you should only talk about 3 main/strong and unique points. Again, use examples!
— the funny thing is I never got those questions lol.My questions were very specific

Here was my experience:
My interviewer Introduced herself, talked a little bit about the school and then finally began to ask questions. The 30 minutes flew by and I felt like I didn’t get to say all of my strong points(but I got in so not Guna complain). She asked me questions like: how do you deal with stress/time management, learning style, and a scenario question. Both the other applicant and I got different questions. And that’s it. I asked her 3 questions at the end.

It seemed a bit rush to me but I think it was because the professors were busy with exams. Anyway it’s best to keep your answers between 1-3 min depending on the question and only talk about the most important things.

I have never done a formal interview or school interview before this one so I was superrrrrrr nervous. However everything went smoothly because they the day began with the orientation and the faculty members were very welcoming and they knew we were all nervous. Just take a deep breath and take my advice that it’s not as nerve racking as u may think it will be if you are nervous.

I practiced for about 4 days before my interview. While driving to work I would say my answers out loud and that helped a lot.

Hello, so the interview was not one on one? It was a group interview where there was 1 interviewer asking questions to 3 applicants at same time? I'm curious on how the interview set up was...