University of Pikeville - Kentucky (KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was wondering who all the other 9/20 Saturday people are... Im sure I met a few of you! Im the one from California... did I meet any of you guys? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Saturday interview, from NY also...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm little late compared to some of you guys here who are getting interviews but I'm currently about to submit my secondary application.
But had one quick question. For the part where I need to put down name, address, phone number of people who wrote me a letter... what should I do if I do not know them?
For my DO letter.. the DO that I shadowed a year ago moved to another state right after I shadowed him.. so I assume his address and phone number all changed.. (I emailed him few times but wasn't able to reach him) Thus, I'm not so sure what to put in those sections.

I'm little late compared to some of you guys here who are getting interviews but I'm currently about to submit my secondary application.
But had one quick question. For the part where I need to put down name, address, phone number of people who wrote me a letter... what should I do if I do not know them?
For my DO letter.. the DO that I shadowed a year ago moved to another state right after I shadowed him.. so I assume his address and phone number all changed.. (I emailed him few times but wasn't able to reach him) Thus, I'm not so sure what to put in those sections.
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you left it blank. I would just put the old address.

I agree, put the old address. Or you could try looking him up on Google. I doubt they will contact him anyway.

The address and all don't matter so much I think. They just look at the DO person's name on the field, and match it with the letter the received. They just care about the content in the letter most likely. So, I would just put down the old address.

Anyone know when to expect the admission packet in the mail? Is there a deposit, and when is it due?

It should be due Dec 15 according to traffic guidelines I believe. We should receive them sometime this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea as diesel2001 mentioned, $1000 is due on December 14th. You won't receive the packet with immunizations, background check details etc until the deposit is paid.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is an official fb page for the KYCOM class of 2019. I couldn't find one on fb.

No FB page yet. I'm sure when/if somebody makes one, it'll be posted here.

Got the acceptance information email today :)

Reactions: 1 users
Very weird situation. I was accepted to KYCOM Thursday, got called by Dean Buser personally... I just checked the KYCOM portal, and theres a section called ADMISSION OFFER. The weird part is that it is a message from MSU-COM saying I am accepted and etc etc!? First of all I never applied to MSU-COM so how can I be accepted, and second of all why would anything related to MSU-COM be in my kycom portal!?

Here is the first paragraph of what it says when I click admissions offer:

Dear MY NAME,
On behalf of Dr. William D. Strampel, dean of the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Admissions Committee, I am pleased to offer you admission into the 2014 entering class. Based on our review of your application, the Admissions Committee is confident that you possess the characteristics essential to becoming an outstanding osteopathic physician and believe you will enrich our college culture.

Anyone know whats going on here? MSU-COM? 2014 class?? Deposit due in 1 month for $1050? According to my email I have until 12/14 and its $1000.

WHATS GOING ON! :wtf:

lol same here. c'mon kycom, get it together mane

Same here! I believe MSU-COM, like other schools, utilize the same portal system as KYCOM. Maybe the gremlins decided to have a field day!

I sent a note to Mr. Collins and Ms. Hamilton regarding the portal just so others aren't completely confused!

Looks like only part of the admissions offer was fixed.

That is weird. Mine says KYCOM, not MSUCOM on the portal.

The secondary invitation website for both KYCOM and MUSCOM look similar...I would not be surprised if they just had technical issues. They seem to have quite a bit of technicality issues -- I had problem paying for my secondaries...it wouldn't let me for almost a week. When I called, Mr. Collins said the server had been down or something lol.

It was just fixed this afternoon. Everything looks normal over here now. I was pretty stoked; I thought I got in without even applying to MSU-COM.

When was your application completed by?
hey my bad. I try not to spend too much time on sdn as I'm busy with other stuff. my II was received September 5th and I was complete around 8/23

The way I see it, there is little consistency between these dates. I've seen people who were complete before me not get any notifications for II or rejection or holds while people who were complete after me have received notification. My suggestion is to just do your thing until that email comes. no use in thinking too much about it if all your material was sent in without any problem

There is like absolutely no activity at all here lol! I wonder if this means that there aren't interviews being conducted at this time of the month?

There is like absolutely no activity at all here lol! I wonder if this means that there aren't interviews being conducted at this time of the month?

Yeah its been pretty quiet.....who wants to spearhead getting a Facebook page created?

Second the fb page. Waiting on one school before I commit here.

Yeah its been pretty quiet.....who wants to spearhead getting a Facebook page created?

I would, but I checked the last years Facebook page and one of the admins was Ms. Angel Hamilton, who is the admissions coordinator at KYCOM. So, I am not sure if they create the fb page or if one of the students can?

I would, but I checked the last years Facebook page and one of the admins was Ms. Angel Hamilton, who is the admissions coordinator at KYCOM. So, I am not sure if they create the fb page or if one of the students can?

I saw that too. However, can't somebody request to be made an admin of a fb page? If so, a student can create a page, have it become the de facto "official page", and just accept Angel Hamilton as a co-admin.

Same...which school are you waiting for?
Waiting on LECOM-E. Not sure which I would decide, but still waiting until I hear from them before committing at either school.

I saw that too. However, can't somebody request to be made an admin of a fb page? If so, a student can create a page, have it become the de facto "official page", and just accept Angel Hamilton as a co-admin.

yea, I was thinking the same thing. If no one else does it, I probably will if I commit to KYCOM.

Waiting on LECOM-E. Not sure which I would decide, but still waiting until I hear from them before committing at either school.

Same..lol. Waiting to hear from LECOM-E. Interviewed in late August. Probably the wrong place to ask, but has your portal status changed and stuff?

Has anyone received the snail mail copy of their acceptance yet? I got the email last week but nothing in the mail as of yet here.

hey everyone, I have an interview on October 17 and I'm looking into hotels....i saw last year that Landmark Inn was 72 dollars, but I called them right now and they quoted me 109 per night. any cheap alternatives?

I stayed at the Hampton Inn that is literally right across from the school. It was like 109 per night and pretty decent.

yea, I was thinking the same thing. If no one else does it, I probably will if I commit to KYCOM.

Same..lol. Waiting to hear from LECOM-E. Interviewed in late August. Probably the wrong place to ask, but has your portal status changed and stuff?

It just says the AdCom has made a decision, and I'll be notified via mail in 30 days. Interviewed Sep. 26th. I'm surprised you haven't heard yet, especially since you interviewed in August.

Has anyone received the snail mail copy of their acceptance yet? I got the email last week but nothing in the mail as of yet here.

Not yet. Have only received the e-mail.

hey everyone, I have an interview on October 17 and I'm looking into hotels....i saw last year that Landmark Inn was 72 dollars, but I called them right now and they quoted me 109 per night. any cheap alternatives?

I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It's basically the same as the Holiday Inn next door. The nice thing about either of those hotels is that they're across the street from KYCOM. Walked out of the door the morning of the interview, and crossed the street to the interview; it was really convenient.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It's basically the same as the Holiday Inn next door. The nice thing about either of those hotels is that they're across the street from KYCOM. Walked out of the door the morning of the interview, and crossed the street to the interview; it was really convenient.

Yeah, that was great. By far the most convenient accommodations that I have come across anywhere.

ah. well my interview isn't until noon so I have plenty of time, but i'll definitely look into Hampton Inn.

I believe Holiday Inn has special rates for people interviewing at KYCOM. Didn't realize this until afterwards, but it's worth a shot.

i feel like i'm the only one who has an interview on October 17....anyone else interviewing that day?

Does anybody know anything about housing? I tried looking up apartments, but nothing shows up. I've heard of Hensley apts. and a few others, but can't find them online. I'm sure more will pop up once the FB page gets started, but it's worth a shot now.

Diesel, the next batch of ii's are going on Oct 17th you say?
I think that's the next interview day. I'm not sure when the next batch will go out. That's something only the school knows.