University of Glasgow c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, just wondering how old everyone is? I am likely going to accept my offer but since I have already completed my undergrad I am worried I will be older than all of my classmates, for reference I am 22. So was curious how many other grad students are thinking of heading to Glasgow in the fall!
I will be 21! I was concerned about that too but from the people I've talked to it seems pretty 50/50 with those who have completed undergrad and are 20+ and those finishing up high school and closer to 18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From New York here! I accepted the offer the moment I saw my acceptance email. This school is everything I wanted, not to mention it is only 2 hours away from a huge land of beautiful nature.

Does anyone happen to know which is a good neighborhood to live while attending vet school?
Hey! I worked with a vet who graduated recently. He said Anniesland is very close to campus and is affordable :)
Hey guys, just wondering how old everyone is? I am likely going to accept my offer but since I have already completed my undergrad I am worried I will be older than all of my classmates, for reference I am 22. So was curious how many other grad students are thinking of heading to Glasgow in the fall!
I’m 28 😅 I think I may be one of the oldest classmates if I decide to attend UofG!

I got accepted to UofG and I am from the US. I know for UofG 85% of your grade for a class is based on an end of the year exam. Being from the US I am used to the modular learning system and I’m not used to just taking one exam with a years worth of material on it. Is anyone else worried about this? Or are there any current students that are willing to share their experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I worked with a vet who graduated recently. He said Anniesland is very close to campus and is affordable :)

I’m 28 😅 I think I may be one of the oldest classmates if I decide to attend UofG!
I will be 25 so no worries :)

Just accepted my offer to UoG and would love to connect with anyone else who has done the same! Super excited!

Hey everyone! Is there a FB group made for this upcoming class?

Hey everyone! Is there a FB group made for this upcoming class
The school administration will send you an email with additional details once you accept your offer. Students at the school will create the page for your year. I believe you may be invited directly, or you request to join. I forget the details.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I declined my seat at UofG. I hope this information helps anyone who is on the waitlist. Good luck!

Hi! I accepted my offer a while ago but just found this thread. I just got back from a trip to UofG the other week and bought a flat. Is anyone else looking for a roommate?

Also accepted! Glasgow is my number one school and I want to go already! I'm from Missouri, any other midwest folks?

I’m from Michigan and I also accepted my offer. I’m super nervous but also excited!
I’m bringing my dog with me, anyone else bringing pets?

I’ll be turning 25 the first semester. I’ll feel like a mom for sure 😅😅

• Haha
I’m from Michigan and I also accepted my offer. I’m super nervous but also excited!
I’m bringing my dog with me, anyone else bringing pets?
I'm also bringing my dog, I could really use some airline recommendations if anyone has one!

Random question if any of you are still here... I'm applying to Glasgow this cycle (entering Fall '23) and was wondering if any of you had to do an "Ethical Reasoning Test"? The school just sent an email out to applicants asking us to complete it stating that it's very similar to a situational judgement test (so like Casper I'd assume?). I was just wondering if this is the first year for it.

Random question if any of you are still here... I'm applying to Glasgow this cycle (entering Fall '23) and was wondering if any of you had to do an "Ethical Reasoning Test"? The school just sent an email out to applicants asking us to complete it stating that it's very similar to a situational judgement test (so like Casper I'd assume?). I was just wondering if this is the first year for it.
They had us complete that last year as well.

Reactions: 1 users
This is a standard part of their interview process. It helps give an idea of how the applicant responds in situations with ethical gray areas. Ethics and scenario-based training are things the curriculum introduces early to better prepare you for working life after vet school.

This is a standard part of their interview process. It helps give an idea of how the applicant responds in situations with ethical gray areas. Ethics and scenario-based training are things the curriculum introduces early to better prepare you for working life after vet school.
Ah ok that makes sense. I won't stress too much about it then. Thank you!

a question for anyone that’s still here. Did anyone of you or someone you know that got pulled off the waitlist? I seems to unable to find such information online