UMDNJ-SOM Discussion Thread 2012 -2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know when the committee usually meets to take people off the list?

I think the committee met sometime in early may to make the current waitlist ranking. At this point I think they are just moving down the list as spots become available.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
We have one room left in our house for the upcoming academic year (2013-2014).
The house is located at 19 Union Ave in Stratford, NJ, which is only two blocks, or roughly a 5 minute walk from school. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a large living room, a very nice finished kitchen, a carpeted basement, 3/4 wrap around porch/deck, and a nice sized backyard. Rent is only $525/month assuming a total of 4 people are living there. Utilities are seperate and will be divided among the 4 occupants.

We currently have 3 med students. You will be the 4th one. If interested, contact [email protected]

There is a listing here where you can view pictures of the house:
http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ve_Stratford_NJ_08084_M58350-47236?source=web

Just got off the waitlist! I called them a lot, so I know the list is very actively moving. With more than a month to go before school begins, there's still very large possibilities to get off this thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the waitlist! I called them a lot, so I know the list is very actively moving. With more than a month to go before school begins, there's still very large possibilities to get off this thing.

Congratulations! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I also got in off the wait list yesterday. VERY EXCITED! Just wanted to let you guys know things are moving.

anyone here on the waitlist:

you guys gonna reapply while staying on the waitlist or just wait for official/final decision.

I am contemplating withdrawing bc, it's getting wayy too late in the game and I kinda just wanna get some stability. I cannot imagine now moving, traveling, packing etc. I am not really sure if I have a decent chance of getting in. I think i am in the top quarter.

Kinda stressed/worried/confused. I know they have accepted people after the whitecoat ceremony, and that just seems a little ridic for me.

I know getting in would be a huge deal/accomplishment, but maybe taking another year off and reapplying and getting accepted to a school early is a better financial decision?

Any input?

you guys gonna reapply while staying on the waitlist or just wait for official/final decision.

I am contemplating withdrawing bc, it's getting wayy too late in the game and I kinda just wanna get some stability. I cannot imagine now moving, traveling, packing etc. I am not really sure if I have a decent chance of getting in. I think i am in the top quarter.

Kinda stressed/worried/confused. I know they have accepted people after the whitecoat ceremony, and that just seems a little ridic for me.

I know getting in would be a huge deal/accomplishment, but maybe taking another year off and reapplying and getting accepted to a school early is a better financial decision?

Any input?
why in the world would you withdraw? just reapply while staying on the waitlist. even if they accept u after the whitecoat, trust me you will do what you need to to attend, even if it means speed packing and rushing to get there. it would be foolish not to, when you have nothing to do this upcoming year anyway

Any input?

Congrats on people getting in. Dmr, I know you have def wanted in for a while and I'm glad you finally got your wish.

I too am on the waitlist and while I have confirmed my attendance for SGU, I am 100% sure that if pulled off the list I would def choose UMDNJ over SGU. I don't think there is a logical reason to pull out of the waiting list at this point because you never know. It doesn't really hurt to leave your name on it and apply for the next semester. In terms of finances, getting a last minute apartment can be expensive but so is applying another round, spending the money to travel to interviews and etc. My suggestion would be to do at least the primary applications and then don't complete the secondaries till after August 4th. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for the input. That is probably what I am going to do. It is what it is. I am sure everything will work out for both of us. Congrats on SGU btw.

Just an FYI, I got word that the waitlist consists of 200 people and it is apparently moving slow this year. It is moving however and I jumped in my spot by at least 6%. I say at least because I was given a range of where I am. 3-4 weeks left.

I am almost 100% sure they are done pulling from waitlist. You should check with admissions, but still.

I am almost 100% sure they are done pulling from waitlist. You should check with admissions, but still.

They aren't. They go till Friday, top 10 people can still get called on Saturday.

I GOT INNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all on Sunday!