Uhcop 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goodluck to those interviewing tomorrow!

Edit.

Or should I say today.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know they're sending reject letters already. Crap! I've been so anxious to check my mail and email every day. Now I don't even want to check my mail anymore. I still haven't heard from UH. No interview. Nope. Zip. Nada. :eek:

got a letter of straight denial yesterday :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my invite today. That's nice!

Great bunch of candidates today. Good job everyone :)

For those that have already interviewed how many are there per interview group?

For those that have already interviewed how many are there per interview group?

Congrats on the invite mike...start on that questionnaire right away!!

Each interview group has around 30 applicants!!

Congrats on the invite mike...start on that questionnaire right away!!

Each interview group has around 30 applicants!!

Thanks. I intend on getting it done over spring break now that I have some time on my hands.

went to interview this morning. fell in love with UH. :love:
i feel that i did my best and feel pretty good about the process, but it seems that everybody or most people that interviews at UH feel pretty confident
so i still have that possibility of being rejected and this is me -> :scared: b/c i fell in love with UH.. thanks, UH.

best of luck to everyone ! :)

went to interview this morning. fell in love with UH. :love:
i feel that i did my best and feel pretty good about the process, but it seems that everybody or most people that interviews at UH feel pretty confident
so i still have that possibility of being rejected and this is me -> :scared: b/c i fell in love with UH.. thanks, UH.

best of luck to everyone ! :)

I am crossing my fingers for you. I had a great interview experience and got accepted. Current students were extremely nice and supportive during the interview.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am crossing my fingers for you. I had a great interview experience and got accepted. Current students were extremely nice and supportive during the interview. Don't worry you'll get accepted

Thank you for :xf: for me! We'll see. I'm still going to remain level-headed, but I will be praying every night! :D

All I have to say is that I would hate to have the job of the ADCOM trying to figure out which of the people at the interview are going to get an acceptance letter. It was a pleasure talking to everyone at the interview today and I wish that all of you could be accepted.

All I have to say is that I would hate to have the job of the ADCOM trying to figure out which of the people at the interview are going to get an acceptance letter. It was a pleasure talking to everyone at the interview today and I wish that all of you could be accepted.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Hmm...

Question.

Anyone a student at UH that applied but DID NOT get accepted?

Hmm...

Question.

Anyone a student at UH that applied but DID NOT get accepted?

That happened to me last year, I was tabled then waitlisted and didn't find out until the end of July that I didn't make it in. And yeah I'm a student at UH.

That happened to me last year, I was tabled then waitlisted and didn't find out until the end of July that I didn't make it in. And yeah I'm a student at UH.

I'm a student at UH & exactly same thing happened to me last year. What a wonderful summer that was...haha :laugh:

I'm a student at UH & exactly same thing happened to me last year. What a wonderful summer that was...haha :laugh:

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen to me this year. I've been tabled, and I haven't heard anything back from the college yet. :scared: I'm a student at UH too.

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen to me this year. I've been tabled, and I haven't heard anything back from the college yet. :scared: I'm a student at UH too.

Yeah, this is my same situation except I'm a student at A&M University. All I can say is let's just cross our fingers and hope we get in :) I've been trying to not think about UH as much because good things happen when you least expect it because I got my interview even though I really didn't expect it this year but it's just been looming in the back of my mind everyday I check my e-mail.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in! :thumbup:

Do any of you know how many applicants there were this year at UH?

i still haven't heard back from them at all yet :(. my friend got a letter of denial the other day too. i'm in the mindset of expecting that denial letter for me soon too :( . i applied early january and am a UH student too.

i still haven't heard back from them at all yet :(. my friend got a letter of denial the other day too. i'm in the mindset of expecting that denial letter for me soon too :( . i applied early january and am a UH student too.

It must be hard. Best of luck to you!!! :xf:

Last edited:
Yeah, this is my same situation except I'm a student at A&M University. All I can say is let's just cross our fingers and hope we get in :) I've been trying to not think about UH as much because good things happen when you least expect it because I got my interview even though I really didn't expect it this year but it's just been looming in the back of my mind everyday I check my e-mail.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in! :thumbup:

Ping, I'm praying for you :thumbup: :D :luck: :xf: :D

Last edited:
Do any of you know how many applicants there were this year at UH?

Here are statistics given by an adviser for LAST YEAR.
Maybe the numbers last year estimates to this year:
700 applicants
300 interviewed
125 admitted

when i interviewed on 3/13, they told us to expect to hear back in 4-5 weeks. it seems like people from the interview round before that heard back in about 10 days.

so, who else interviewed and is anxiously hoping that the turn around will be quicker?

:oops:

when i interviewed on 3/13, they told us to expect to hear back in 4-5 weeks. it seems like people from the interview round before that heard back in about 10 days.

so, who else interviewed and is anxiously hoping that the turn around will be quicker?

:oops:

Yup, I'm checking my email everyday...my guess is that they'll have it out this Friday rather than today because last week was Spring Break.

Oh my gosh, good luck to everyone, who interviewed 3/13! :luck: I guess I still have a bit of time until my decision comes out.
Remember to sleep! :sleep:

I was just wondering what the interview is like. What kind of things do they ask you in the interview and what are the diagnostic and group exercises like?

On the acceptance letter, it says "we encourage you to accept the offer and submit the following documents by a certain date"...does this mean everything must be received by then? Thank you for your help!

I was just wondering what the interview is like. What kind of things do they ask you in the interview and what are the diagnostic and group exercises like?

I think the interview really gives you a taste of what to expect from UH. Really expect everyone to be VERY nice and supporting. They know you are nervous, and you are generally in this room filled with UHPharmacy students. The students are VERY nice. A lot of them may have been in your position just a year ago. You can ask them questions that you have, and they're really good about answering! They're especially willing to answer, so it makes you really like UH even moooore because you can tell the school is too awesome and that they LOVE Uh.
diagnostic- don't worry about, it's on a computer
interview- just prepare as you would to answer questions generally given by health professional schools, know a lot about yourself and your experiences, that's common in pretty much each pharm interview, so same thing here; and honestly, relax because I have NEVER heard of a mean interviewer from UH; but prepare for the interview
group exercise- i think they pretty much evaluate your ability to work with others, not sure that's all; it's really nothing you can prepare for except to just be ready to use some critical thinking

overall, you'll have a great experience :) don't be nervous; i was nervous throughout the whole thing until my interview was over even though they made the environment as comforting as possible. now, i'm even more nervous to hear from them because I want to go to UH sooo badly! :D I'm Ok, though, I did my best.

Best of luck to you at the interview! You'll like it a lot :D. I guarantee it :thumbup:.

On the acceptance letter, it says "we encourage you to accept the offer and submit the following documents by a certain date"...does this mean everything must be received by then? Thank you for your help!

Might as well turn it in at that date since you don't have to turn in any type of deposit.

I know that there is still an interview date left in April. Does anyone know if they are still sending out invites for that? Thanks.

I'm looking for a male roommate intersted in living within close proximity to the Main Campus (no more than 10 miles away). If you have been accepted to the COP and are intested, please PM me.

Same here. For those who have been accepted, do you remember what time of day emails were sent out?

It usually varies sometimes it is in the morning and sometimes it is even after 5pm, but remember it will come when you least expect it.

my time stamp said 4:30 pm

:xf:

Last edited:
I have not been sleeping good from my interview date 3-13. Having a family and job ( full time --part time ) to take care, I tried very hard to make it through this moment. I could not beieve when they called me for interview. It was very nice of them. Very great experience and changed my view about many aspect of American culture. ( I am origionally from another country ). Has anybody heard anything back from interview dated 3-13? I have made myself ready for the worst. I pray for all who tried hard and deserve to be in UH pharmacy school.

I didn't hear anything today and I think alot of people were expecting to hear back today because of the 2 week trend that was going on, but I don't think anyone heard anything because someone would've posted by now. Maybe Monday or maybe in another 2 weeks?

Hey - I just discovered the UH thread! I've been accepted and there is a strong chance I'll be attending UH next year. (Interviewed on 3/6, was accepted 3/16 at 4:30 pm). Just wanted to say hello!

Last edited: