Uhcop 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Guyz can current students tell us how far onto the waitlist they ususally get too? This way we know the porbability of getting in. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree - does anyone know how many people UHCOP has taken from the waiting list from past years??

I agree - does anyone know how many people UHCOP has taken from the waiting list from past years??

I cant tell you the exact number cuz i dont know but i can tell you one thing. The number is going to vary from year to year and you can never know what to expect. Just keep your fingers crossed. Where do you rank on the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I cant tell you the exact number cuz i dont know but i can tell you one thing. The number is going to vary from year to year and you can never know what to expect. Just keep your fingers crossed. Where do you rank on the list?

obviously no one can give us an exact number, but a ball park figure based on previous years would be nice.

obviously no one can give us an exact number, but a ball park figure based on previous years would be nice.

I think you are right. I wish we knew. The best thing he can do is to go to the facebook page of the Pharmschool and pose this question. Certain students might have an idea.

Yeah, knowing some of the numbers they've allowed in the past would give us a probability. For example, if they normally accept 20 people from the waiting list, the first five or ten should feel pretty confident about an acceptance. If they on average take 4 or 5 from the waiting list, the probability of anyone getting in goes way down. Does anyone know if they have ever NOT used the waiting list at all? Someone should find that facebook group and post this question and let us know if any current student responds. Good luck to everyone! Keep us updated if you hear about the waiting list changing from Andrea!

The letter sent to me did not give me a specific number; it stated greater than 25. Did anyone else get this statement? What chance do you suppose I have of being accepted this year?

Yeah, knowing some of the numbers they've allowed in the past would give us a probability. For example, if they normally accept 20 people from the waiting list, the first five or ten should feel pretty confident about an acceptance. If they on average take 4 or 5 from the waiting list, the probability of anyone getting in goes way down. Does anyone know if they have ever NOT used the waiting list at all? Someone should find that facebook group and post this question and let us know if any current student responds. Good luck to everyone! Keep us updated if you hear about the waiting list changing from Andrea!

You are right on point. I actually think the 1st 10 should feel pretty confident.

Did anyone who interviewed on April 24 or May 1st actually get accepted or did they just interview us knowing we were all gonna get waitlisted? because if that's true then its really messed up!!! :mad:

I haven't heard of any acceptances from the last two interview dates, though there very well may be. Maybe the class was full before they did those interview dates, so they used them to form their alternate list. The good news is that I doubt they would make an alternate list if they didn't expect to use it, so we still have hope!!

I haven't heard of any acceptances from the last two interview dates, though there very well may be. Maybe the class was full before they did those interview dates, so they used them to form their alternate list. The good news is that I doubt they would make an alternate list if they didn't expect to use it, so we still have hope!!

Well it does seem a tad brutal, I feel kinda used :eek:

It's hard, I know. But just be a little more patient. I really can't give you any info about the waitlist or how far down the wait list they go each year, but I know at least a couple of people who got called off the waitlist in July of last year (I'm sure there's a few more who got called earlier). Good luck. I hope the next few days or weeks will bring only good news to y'all.

It's hard, I know. But just be a little more patient. I really can't give you any info about the waitlist or how far down the wait list they go each year, but I know at least a couple of people who got called off the waitlist in July of last year (I'm sure there's a few more who got called earlier). Good luck. I hope the next few days or weeks will bring only good news to y'all.

Thanks for the encouragement! I know we're all trying to be patient :) We just hope that since there is no deposit to hold a spot at UH, that if people plan on going to another school they let UH know as soon as they can instead of holding onto it until August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the May 1 interviewees have heard anything back? Has anyone been acceptd/rejected/waitlisted, or was it just people from the April 24th interviews?

Does anyone know if the May 1 interviewees have heard anything back? Has anyone been acceptd/rejected/waitlisted, or was it just people from the April 24th interviews?

yes, my friend who had their interview on may 1st also got waitlisted and got the email the same day I did (I interviewed on the 24th)

If those who got in off the waitlist, could tell us their number on the waitlist, it would help a lot of people get an idea on their position due to many factors such as summer school and finding an apartment for next year.

well, i think no one wants to post their number because the school administration can identify them with it. The person that got pulled f the waitlist is among the top 2, so, that ought to give everyone an idea. If anyone else has been pulled of the waitlist or knows someone sho has please post here, thanks!!!

well, i think no one wants to post their number because the school administration can identify them with it. The person that got pulled f the waitlist is among the top 2, so, that ought to give everyone an idea. If anyone else has been pulled of the waitlist or knows someone sho has please post here, thanks!!!

Just wondering, but why would somebody care if the school can identify you. I mean, unless you have something to hide and I haven't read anything on here that is worth hiding. So did you call and find out that only two people have been called off the waitlist?

Just wondering, but why would somebody care if the school can identify you. I mean, unless you have something to hide and I haven't read anything on here that is worth hiding. So did you call and find out that only two people have been called off the waitlist?

No, I PM'd the individual and he/she told me his position on the list which means he probably wants to protect his/her privacy. I know I dont want the school to be able to link my face and stats to my posts on sdn and I am sure other people enjoy this annonymity, which is why i guess the OP didnt post his number on here.

Some bitch, whine about their school, complain about how long it takes to hear a response from admissions, or perhaps wish to bitch about instructors. These are all comments which should be done in annonimity, unless of course your a *******.

No, I PM'd the individual and he/she told me his position on the list which means he probably wants to protect his/her privacy. I know I dont want the school to be able to link my face and stats to my posts on sdn and I am sure other people enjoy this annonymity, which is why i guess the OP didnt post his number on here.

I understand why you didnt post the number, but i think your anonymous pool was too small. You said top 2 on the list. Meaning the school can easily identify this individual. It would have been better if you said among the top 10.

I understand why you didnt post the number, but i think your anonymous pool was too small. You said top 2 on the list. Meaning the school can easily identify this individual. It would have been better if you said among the top 10.

Top ten would have been too broad, and it would give people false hope, number 11 could think they are up next when realistically they will be calling on the top 5

Right, I agree with you on that. PMing the person would be the best idea.

I was accepted off the waitlist last week from one of the top five spots. I think it was a good idea for everyone not post exact numbers, just in case people want to remain anonymous.

I am having some trouble with the 'mentor forms' from the orientation site. I have saved it but i'm unable to type on the forms. Could any of you guys tell me how you did these forms please.

Ok so aside from the letter with got from Andrea almost a month ago, are there any more updates on the waitlist? Can people who have been pulled off give us estimates of their numbers. pppplllllssssss.................