Uhcop 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all! when did you send in your applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from 2/27 interview date get anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, it seems like UH notifies the applicants for each round after about two weeks...

You had your interview today? How did it go?

I love the experience!!! Everyone was so nice and really made me feel welcomed. :) The staff and pharmacy students were also very organized and made sure the whole interview process run smoothly.

My favorite part was the group exercise...(although I must say when I first walked into the room and saw a group of P1/P2/P3s surrounding my table I went into panic mode)...but it was so much fun! :D

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope I'm lucky enough to get in.

You had your interview today? How did it go?

Do you know if you're not accepted for one round, but are deferred to the next round, does UH let you know that by email? Or is it more like if you didn't get accepted nor get a rejection letter, just assume you're deferred.

Do you know if you're not accepted for one round, but are deferred to the next round, does UH let you know that by email? Or is it more like if you didn't get accepted nor get a rejection letter, just assume you're deferred.

If you didn't get an acceptance email, you will get a snail mail which will tell you whether you're tabled or rejected. At least, that's how they did it last year.

Anyone else at today's interview?

CONGRATS to all you guys who got accepted :)

Good luck to all people interviewing and congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted!

I'm a 4th year pharmacy student here at UH. Coming from experience, I'm really happy I went to UH. At times, there are moments where I'm thinking, "why the heck are we doing this" but in the long run--I have gained so much from going to this school.

I have gained great friends, joined great organizations, worked at many awesome rotation sites, and matured a bit. Please consider UH as your top choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all people interviewing and congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted!

I'm a 4th year pharmacy student here at UH. Coming from experience, I'm really happy I went to UH. At times, there are moments where I'm thinking, "why the heck are we doing this" but in the long run--I have gained so much from going to this school.

I have gained great friends, joined great organizations, worked at many awesome rotation sites, and matured a bit. Please consider UH as your top choice!

I totally agree....I LOVEEE UH too...i am so glad i chose UH for doing my undergrad studies now i hope they will choose me so i can do my pharmD here too :D
To be honest, i used to hate this place so much when i started off as a freshmen...now its my home away from home...its definitely my top choice!!

Thank you so much for starting this thread! It has been really helpful.

I applied for UHCOP for this coming year. I got my application in during December and still haven't heard anything. I'm so nervous. At this point I just want to know either way! :xf:

I am an out of state student (from Louisiana), does anyone know if they take longer to get back to out of staters? I am moving to Houston no matter the result of acceptance/non-acceptance. I will reapply once I am an instate resident for next year if it doesn't work out this year.

Does anyone know when the last 2 interview days are? Thanks again!!

Ehtyl Methyl said the invites should come out..."towards the end of March AND the beginning of April." They send out invites a month before your interview date.

I submitted my application a week before the deadline and still have not heard anything and I am applying in state. I've also e-mailed them asking the status of my application, but nothing yet either...:(

Hey guys, just got my tabled letter from Houston, :D So glad it wasn't a rejection letter, I was sitting outside the mail room, all shaking and nervous, saw the word "tabled" and was soo relieved (would prefer to be accepted instead of tabled, but you can't always get what you want).

^^

Anyone knows how many rounds there are? I think someone said that it was around 4-5ish, but not sure.

Oh, never mind, there's 4 rounds... should have read the post before me... :p

Hey guys, just got my tabled letter from Houston, :D So glad it wasn't a rejection letter, I was sitting outside the mail room, all shaking and nervous, saw the word "tabled" and was soo relieved (would prefer to be accepted instead of tabled, but you can't always get what you want).

^^

Anyone knows how many rounds there are? I think someone said that it was around 4-5ish, but not sure.

Oh, never mind, there's 4 rounds... should have read the post before me... :p

hey! same here, i got my tabled letter. i guess these is still hope so we should stay happy :)

Ehtyl Methyl said the invites should come out..."towards the end of March AND the beginning of April." They send out invites a month before your interview date.

I submitted my application a week before the deadline and still have not heard anything and I am applying in state. I've also e-mailed them asking the status of my application, but nothing yet either...:(

It's a rolling application process, so you may be at one of the later interview dates. I had submitted my application in January of last year and didn't get an interview until April. If you're anxious, you probably should just call up UHCOP.

It's a rolling application process, so you may be at one of the later interview dates. I had submitted my application in January of last year and didn't get an interview until April. If you're anxious, you probably should just call up UHCOP.

What number should we call?

i like your gummy bear avatar. :)

What number should we call?

713-743-1300

This is the general line to the student services office at UHCOP. Hopefully that helps!

Thank you so much for starting this thread! It has been really helpful.

I applied for UHCOP for this coming year. I got my application in during December and still haven't heard anything. I'm so nervous. At this point I just want to know either way! :xf:

I am an out of state student (from Louisiana), does anyone know if they take longer to get back to out of staters? I am moving to Houston no matter the result of acceptance/non-acceptance. I will reapply once I am an instate resident for next year if it doesn't work out this year.

Hey I am from Louisiana too!! I was in the second round of interviews so I would say they do not take longer to get back to out of staters. I had the same thought process - I moved here at the begining of the year, I didn't know if I would get in. You went to LSU, I graduated from UNO. Good luck:xf:!!

I am new to SDN, can somebody tell me how I change my status to accepted pharmacy student? Thank you.:confused:

I am new to SDN, can somebody tell me how I change my status to accepted pharmacy student? Thank you.:confused:
Heyy congrats on the acceptance...:D
To change the title...click on the tab at the top of the page that says "Quick Links", select the "edit your details" option, it will take you to the page where you can change and customize details!!

Last edited:
Hey I am from Louisiana too!! I was in the second round of interviews so I would say they do not take longer to get back to out of staters. I had the same thought process - I moved here at the begining of the year, I didn't know if I would get in. You went to LSU, I graduated from UNO. Good luck:xf:!!

Awesome! Congrats! I hope that I will be joining you there next year, that would be awesome. If not then definitely next year! :xf: Out of curiosity, when did you submit your application??

Awesome! Congrats! I hope that I will be joining you there next year, that would be awesome. If not then definitely next year! :xf: Out of curiosity, when did you submit your application??
I think I submitted my pharm application in like October or November of 08. I know it was shortly after it was available. I can't remember.

You are attending UH for fall 09? What school in louisiana did you go to?? I think I was the only out of stater in my interview section.

No I am sorry I think I messed up my status haha I am new to all of this. I am GOING to be a student in August '09. I did not go to college in Louisiana just born and raised and still have a fishing lakehouse there that we vacation too, gotta visit the crazy fam....And my last name is super cajun, people in Texas can not even say it right it saddens me...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

mceqte.jpg

fbdm53.jpg

33b1n2x.gif

2gy2kp3.gif

i got accepted too!!!! found out via e-mail. :love:

i don't mean to rub salt on anyone's wounds, but my friend wants to know if they sent out tabled/waitlist/rejection e-mails as well, or do those only come in snail mail?

Congrats!! Did both of you interview on 2/27?

Bully worm those were freaking hilarious!!!! :laugh::laugh: hahaha congrats man, congrats everybody! My future classmates at least they seem funny...yay

congragulations to everyone who got accepted today! Has anyone decided to attend UHCOP? I will be part of Class of 2013.

Last edited:
:scared: Does anyone know if it is too late to get an interview invite?

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT GOT IN :thumbup:

:scared: Does anyone know if it is too late to get an interview invite?

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT GOT IN :thumbup:

:scared:I hope not. :( I'm still waiting too. If not, there's always next year :(

Congrats too all!!:):)

CONGRATS bullyworm and hushh...:clap:

For those who have already been interviewed, do we need to do anything to prepare for the group problem solving part of the interview? Also how hard is the new personality test that they added this year?

CONGRATS bullyworm and hushh...:clap:

For those who have already been interviewed, do we need to do anything to prepare for the group problem solving part of the interview? Also how hard is the new personality test that they added this year?

Thanks

-Nothing you can really do to prepare for the group exercise. Just make sure to assert yourself during the discussion. Don't give in easily to someone's ideas.

-Personality test, YOU WILL FAIL THIS.

I kid. Its easier than breathing.

-Personality test, YOU WILL FAIL THIS.

I kid. Its easier than breathing.

The questions are like, "are you lazy or not lazy?" "do you work well with others or do you like to sit in a corner alone?" not that straightforward but pretty much....:thumbup:

Hey just a suggestion to the accepted. But last year there was a Facebook page made for the class of 2012. It really was quite interesting to see who you will me going to school with for the next four years. Also we got to know some of the second years that would add us as friends. I just thought someone might want to start one.

Hey just a suggestion to the accepted. But last year there was a Facebook page made for the class of 2012. It really was quite interesting to see who you will me going to school with for the next four years. Also we got to know some of the second years that would add us as friends. I just thought someone might want to start one.

CPhTtoPharmD's profile page is worth the price of admission. quite entertaining.