Uhcop 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay I need some help here. I was offered a spot at UH about a month and a half ago, and I I accepted the offer. However, I have since been accepted to UT, my top choice. Does anyone know who I contact at UH to let them know I will not be attending in the fall? I'd like to take care of it as soon as possible so they can let the next worthy candidate in.

Send an email to either Nora Lopez, Morgan Ely, or Dr Andrea Smesny. Make sure you let them know that you would not show up. Check your email for their phone numbers or addresses

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I need some help here. I was offered a spot at UH about a month and a half ago, and I I accepted the offer. However, I have since been accepted to UT, my top choice. Does anyone know who I contact at UH to let them know I will not be attending in the fall? I'd like to take care of it as soon as possible so they can let the next worthy candidate in.

I was in the same situation and emailed Dr. Smesny about it

I searched for UHCOP class of 2013 on facebook but couldnt find it. Is there a facebook page available?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone! i attended the 4/24 interview. they told us 4-6 weeks to hear back, but all of the interview dates earlier this year seemed to hear back way earlier. what do you all think?

hey everyone! i attended the 4/24 interview. they told us 4-6 weeks to hear back, but all of the interview dates earlier this year seemed to hear back way earlier. what do you all think?

Even though they say 4-6 weeks, you will most probably hear back after 2-3 weeks.....:xf:

Even though they say 4-6 weeks, you will most probably hear back after 2-3 weeks.....:xf:

that would be amazing! i am so anxious about hearing back, i don't want to wait that long!

Is anyone else from the 4/24 interview really anxious about hearing from the school? If they follow the pattern they have with past interviews, it could be as early as next week! I wonder if they've already began looking at our files or if they are waiting until the 5/1 interview is over to compare us all at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone, sorry about posting the same thing about a million times. the computer wasn't going through and apparently finally sent it over and over. if anyone knows how to delete a post, if you tell me i'll be glad to erase them! For now i just replaced the repeated post with [delete post] :(

Hey guys, I received an acceptance offer through email from UH an hour ago or so. ^^ Really excited, and I was interviewed on 1/20, over 2 months ago and was deferred my first time, so don't lose hope guys if you were deferred :)

^^

Hey guys, I received an acceptance offer through email from UH an hour ago or so. ^^ Really excited, and I was interviewed on 1/20, over 2 months ago and was deferred my first time, so don't lose hope guys if you were deferred :)

^^

congratulations!! I bet that was a wonderful surprise!

^^

CONGRATS!!! :thumbup:

Has anyone who interviewed on April 24th received a letter of acceptance or denial?

Has anyone who interviewed on April 24th received a letter of acceptance or denial?

Still waiting. I looked at the people who interviewed in march and they received acceptance emails sometime between 2-3 weeks. So if we are accepted, we should theoretically hear sometime next week.

hello every body, did any one hear back from april 24 yet? i would hope we would hear something back by this friday, since it will have been three weeks by then. i am growing tired of waiting, since i will need to find an apartment if i am accepted.

hello every body, did any one hear back from april 24 yet? i would hope we would hear something back by this friday, since it will have been three weeks by then. i am growing tired of waiting, since i will need to find an apartment if i am accepted.

Still waiting also, and starting to get anxious while waiting

Last edited:

Hey I got a rejection letter last Tuesday (I'm absolutely OK cause I am already accepted to UT, which is my first choice anyway), so perhaps this is good news for you - they are probably still deciding on yours :) Good luck!

Hey I got a rejection letter last Tuesday (I'm absolutely OK cause I am already accepted to UT, which is my first choice anyway), so perhaps this is good news for you - they are probably still deciding on yours :) Good luck!

When did you interview?

Ok so he interviewed on 4/24 which means that they have started sending out rejections.

I wonder if they sent all rejections at once or just as they decided and they're not finished yet. I am hopeful because I haven't gotten one in the mail. But today is coming to a close and it looks like we aren't going to hear anything again today. What in the world is taking them so long? I can't believe we have to wait another week.

I'm interested in knowing how current UH pharm students feel about school, the course load and hours, Do you like how the curriculum is set up? How close the students are with professors and their willingness to help. What is the learning environment like, just basically the pros and cons :thumbup::thumbdown: about your school and why you chose it.

I'm interested in knowing how current UH pharm students feel about school, the course load and hours, Do you like how the curriculum is set up? How close the students are with professors and their willingness to help. What is the learning environment like, just basically the pros and cons :thumbup::thumbdown: about your school and why you chose it.

Here's a link where current students posted blogs describing pharmacy school at UH. Hope this helps!

http://pharmacy.uh.edu/orientation/blogs.php

Good luck to everyone! I hope to see you all in the fall :) Don't lose hope :thumbup:

Here's a link where current students posted blogs describing pharmacy school at UH. Hope this helps!

http://pharmacy.uh.edu/orientation/blogs.php

Good luck to everyone! I hope to see you all in the fall :) Don't lose hope :thumbup:

I would just like to add that I have read every one of those posts and it was soooooo helpful and intresting to read. Really thankful to our upper classmen for taking the time out from their packed schedules to jot down their thoughts for the incoming class.

So I'm guessing another day is going by, with no news huh :mad:

I have yet to receive an email or a letter in the mail. Has anyone contacted UHCOP to ask when we can expect to hear from them?

I have yet to receive an email or a letter in the mail. Has anyone contacted UHCOP to ask when we can expect to hear from them?

I did and they gave me the run around, they basically said they will let me know when they make a decision.

I did and they gave me the run around, they basically said they will let me know when they make a decision.

Well I'm glad that you contacted them because I was thinking about it. Too bad they didn't have any specifics. Hopefully we will hear back...tomorrow? Should we start making bets? Just kidding.

Well I'm glad that you contacted them because I was thinking about it. Too bad they didn't have any specifics. Hopefully we will hear back...tomorrow? Should we start making bets? Just kidding.

well the whole hear back tomorrow was what we were saying and last week came and went. I feel like we really need to know ASAP so we can start making plans. I don't know for how long I can continue to string my other school along, I keep on getting emails telling me all the stuff I should have already done!!! But oh well my whining won't make them act any faster :(

I agree! I feel like I need to let my schools know my final decision, which completely depends on UH. I'm sure other ppl are dying to hear from schools I'm gonna turn down when I can make a finalized decision. I know what you mean about making plans...I need to find a place to live somewhere lol! I'd like to say we'll here back soon but you're right, we've said that before. Maybe tomorrow is our lucky day. I still think its strange that one person got a rejection letter though but no one else...

Hey guys! I know it's tough :) I can't say much to make you guys worry less, but it'll come! I'm not sure if April has received their responses, but it hasn't been 3 weeks for May interviewers. I received my tabled letter exactly on the weekend of the 3rd week.

In the meantime, relax while you can :) My school is off and I have no idea what to do with myself. But, I'm out looking for a job and starting to make summer plans with friends. Get some fresh air and maybe you'll be surprised sometime this week when you check your e-mail :xf:

It will come :) UH has been really good with every interview date to notify people by at most a month, I believe. For the early acceptances, I think at most they waited was a month, but from then on, everyone else have gotten their emails/letters within 2-3 weeks.

Again, good luck everyone! :luck::luck::luck::luck: I'm sure you all did great on your interviews, so all you can do is wait and go only a little bit crazy :)

Hey guys! I know it's tough :) I can't say much to make you guys worry less, but it'll come! I'm not sure if April has received their responses, but it hasn't been 3 weeks for May interviewers. I received my tabled letter exactly on the weekend of the 3rd week.

In the meantime, relax while you can :) My school is off and I have no idea what to do with myself. But, I'm out looking for a job and starting to make summer plans with friends. Get some fresh air and maybe you'll be surprised sometime this week when you check your e-mail :xf:

It will come :) UH has been really good with every interview date to notify people by at most a month, I believe. For the early acceptances, I think at most they waited was a month, but from then on, everyone else have gotten their emails/letters within 2-3 weeks.

Again, good luck everyone! :luck::luck::luck::luck: I'm sure you all did great on your interviews, so all you can do is wait and go only a little bit crazy :)

We are going on 4 weeks and nobody has heard anything.

UH has been very prompt about sending out their letters but i am guessing this time of the year they might have got a little carried away with the graduation of pharmacy c/o 2009 (Ms. Berkely mentioned this in one of her emails too)...but now since its all over with they might be able to send out everything hopefully by this week or next week.

Good luck guys..dont lose hope! :luck: :xf:

I'm pretty sure that neither April 24 or May 1 have heard anything back after their interview (except that one guy from April 24 who got a rejection letter).

Hey all,

Congratulations to all who got accepted..... Does anybody know what was the Highest and Lowest Pcat....:idea::idea:

Thank you all and gl to all who are waiting or applying next year...

Hey all,

Congratulations to all who got accepted..... Does anybody know what was the Highest and Lowest Pcat....:idea::idea:

Thank you all and gl to all who are waiting or applying next year...

I think someone got it with a low 60 comp score. High's probably around 94 or so.

No news here. I don't think today will be our lucky day after all.

So who thinks we will hear something TODAY? haha. i am so anxious!!

Last edited:
If you call them will they tell you if you're accepted or not? I don't want to like get on their nerves or anything.

HEY EVERYONE!!! i got an email from UHCOP today!! They said that the pharmacy school class of 2013 is full, but they made a waiting list, and they told me my rank on that list. sooo is anybody accepted planning on giving up their spot and just haven't yet? haha. yay!!!

HEY EVERYONE!!! i got an email from UHCOP today!! They said that the pharmacy school class of 2013 is full, but they made a waiting list, and they told me my rank on that list. sooo is anybody accepted planning on giving up their spot and just haven't yet? haha. yay!!!

OK so I just got the email number twenty something on the wait list, not holding out any hope...

Last edited:

What is your number. I am 13.