UGA Class of 2022 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to give some insight for those of you out of state that are seeing these early acceptances! Every year UGA accepts a select amount of the top OOS students early to try and convince them to come because they feel they will have several offers. There will still be more acceptances that come out for OOS with the IS acceptances! I was an OOS applicant that was originally waitlisted and then later accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hopeful we will hear around the same time as last year...have another interview lined up OOS and *fingers crossed* would not like to have to go through more interview stress!!

When did decisions go out last year?

Just checked my email, got mine on 2/13 last year at 3:40 pm (rejection), I know they sent acceptances slightly earlier in the day

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea how many IS applied this year and when they think references should start getting calls?

I really hope we hear something soon. They had already started contacting references by this time last year. I'm going freaking insane.

Reactions: 5 users
I really hope we hear something soon. They had already started contacting references by this time last year. I'm going freaking insane.
its just crazy that I have interviewed and heard back from all of my other schools by now!

its just crazy that I have interviewed and heard back from all of my other schools by now!
I am still waiting for 6 of the 10 schools I applied to including 2 that I did interviews for and including UGA.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Yeah I’ve only heard back from one out of five, including one I interviewed at. Heading to my last interview now.

Weird that we haven't gotten an update email yet. This time last year they got another email giving more updates about when decisions would come out. I have a feeling it's going to be later than last year with the later application due date and the snow day.

Weird that we haven't gotten an update email yet. This time last year they got another email giving more updates about when decisions would come out. I have a feeling it's going to be later than last year with the later application due date and the snow day.
I just spoke to Parker Moore yesterday (confirming my transcript was received) and he said the latest we will hear is late February but it could always be earlier depending on when these final meetings happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my references was called the other day. I'm IS. Hopefully we will find out in the next 2 weeks. This waiting game is not good for my health!!

Reactions: 10 users
One of my references was called the other day. I'm IS. Hopefully we will find out in the next 2 weeks. This waiting game is not good for my health!!
Thanks for posting! Let the true freaking out commence!

Reactions: 3 users
I saw on the APVMA Facebook group that another person heard from UGA today :eek:

I wish they'd just say something. Anything. Explain why they're letting some people in, send out an update, just some better idea of their process. I have no idea what they're thinking or where they're at in the process; it's frustrating.

I wish they'd just say something. Anything. Explain why they're letting some people in, send out an update, just some better idea of their process. I have no idea what they're thinking or where they're at in the process; it's frustrating.
I agree. I'm wondering if they're bringing back the calling top 10%, so maybe the rest of us will hear next Friday? Just a guess there, but it would be nice to get an update.

I agree. I'm wondering if they're bringing back the calling top 10%, so maybe the rest of us will hear next Friday? Just a guess there, but it would be nice to get an update.

I was thinking about the 10% thing as well, but it seems like they’ve still only let OOS folks know.

When I was interviewing at Mississippi, a Georgia applicant said she heard that they will be sending decisions next Friday. She had a friend who worked along side the committee. Don't know if this is 100% but it's something.

Reactions: 1 users
I can confirm another applicant I know has had one of their references called. It seems they're finally moving on things!

2 of my references were contacted yesterday. Im an OOS applicant

When I was interviewing at Mississippi, a Georgia applicant said she heard that they will be sending decisions next Friday. She had a friend who worked along side the committee. Don't know if this is 100% but it's something.
Next Friday as in the 9th? Or next week?

Do you guys think it would be overstepping my bounds to ask my references if they've been contacted? I have a very good relationship with all of them, but I'm still just not sure they would tell me they've been contacted without me asking them or seeing them in person. And ya know, I'm just having that normal pre-vet panic when other people start hearing from their references.

Do you guys think it would be overstepping my bounds to ask my references if they've been contacted? I have a very good relationship with all of them, but I'm still just not sure they would tell me they've been contacted without me asking them or seeing them in person. And ya know, I'm just having that normal pre-vet panic when other people start hearing from their references.
I don’t think so at all. I had this same feeling but last week just mentioned it to my current boss (one of my ref) and she acted surprised that I questioned whether or not she would tell me. She said should would tell me as soon as she got a call, if she does get one!

I don’t think so at all. I had this same feeling but last week just mentioned it to my current boss (one of my ref) and she acted surprised that I questioned whether or not she would tell me. She said should would tell me as soon as she got a call, if she does get one!
Do we know if its a bad sign if they DONT call our references?

Do we know if its a bad sign if they DONT call our references?
I don’t think it necessarily is. They really call the references if they have more questions about you. If they are set in their decision about you, whether good or bad, they will not call references.

I don’t think it necessarily is. They really call the references if they have more questions about you. If they are set in their decision about you, whether good or bad, they will not call references.
I agree. While I think it is more common to have your references called, it could be a good OR bad thing if they aren't. Just as if they are called it still doesn't mean too much. Personally, I would rather have mine called just so I could have some peace of mind to know I made it past faculty file reviews!! This wait is ACTUALLY killing me.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have heard multiple in-state students say their references were contacted this morning. Seems like they might have a couple more days of reference interviews.

Based on the timeline last year with calling references, I'd wager we'll hear the 16th. Sooner would be nice, but I won't hold out hope. The end is near, y'all!

I'm in the minority that hopes it's next week. My birthday is this weekend, and I don't want it to be ruined! haha

I have my master's thesis to defend in 3 days and I'm freaking out about getting into UGA now. I wish I could focus and get off SDN! haha

I have my master's thesis to defend in 3 days and I'm freaking out about getting into UGA now. I wish I could focus and get off SDN! haha
Good luck! I'll be defending mine in April, so I feel your pain.

As an undergrad, I am incredibly intimidated by all of your theses but I think you'll all defend them wonderfully :laugh:

As an undergrad, I am incredibly intimidated by all of your theses but I think you'll all defend them wonderfully :laugh:
I feel bad for everyone who has to read mine. I don't even want to read mine. My boyfriend keeps telling me that he's excited to read it :laugh:. I can't wait to have that fancy published and bound one, though.
On a side note, find a partner who pretends to be excited to read your thesis.

I feel bad for everyone who has to read mine. I don't even want to read mine. My boyfriend keeps telling me that he's excited to read it :laugh:. I can't wait to have that fancy published and bound one, though.
On a side note, find a partner who pretends to be excited to read your thesis.
I'll add that they should also put up with your mental breakdowns every week about how you'll never finish your thesis.

One of my references was contacted yesterday afternoon. IS applicant

Does anyone know of any questions or topics that are discussed in reference calls?

One of my references was contacted last week! IS applicant

I wish we would know if they are sending out decisions tomorrow or not. I’m really scared of being caught off guard instead of knowing when it will come and being able to prepare myself. Our thread is so anti-climactic right now it’s making me nervous :nailbiting:

One of my references was contacted this morning!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm thinking maybe next Friday based on how the timeline worked last year (besides them hearing on a Wednesday). On the bright side, if its not tomorrow, there's only two more Fridays left in February so that kinda narrows it down lol!!

One of my references was contacted this morning!!
Another one of my references just told me he was contacted yesterday! I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm freaking out!