UGA Class of 2022 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you allowed to have an iPad? Or does it HAVE to be a laptop?

If you can do an iPad there’s a thread where people have given their opinions on theirs (I think it’s called surface pro vs iPad Pro?) and you CAN write and draw on ppts in whatever app they’re using
It has to be a laptop. The email specifically stated that iPads do not support everything that is required.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else kind of nervous about the laptop requirements? I've been a PC user for life and actively avoiding apple products because of all the (expensive) issues that seem to come from them.

Edit: Not to mention they're expensive af in the first place :yuck:
Aghh same. Ive never owned a Mac computer because they're so expensive I also just bought a more than sufficient Asus laptop 1-2 years ago haha

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Alternate! I definitely come from an anti-apple family.. lol. I have a surface pro.

The reason for the macs is that the educational resource center and our professors pour a ton of hours into making really nice, interactive iBooks for us (provided for free) to help us learn the material. It wouldn’t be feasible for them to pump these out as quickly to work on both operating systems, hence the macs.

The reason for the macs is that the educational resource center and our professors pour a ton of hours into making really nice, interactive iBooks for us (provided for free) to help us learn the material. It wouldn’t be feasible for them to pump these out as quickly to work on both operating systems, hence the macs.
No no I’m saying dumb that it has to be a MacBook instead of like an iPad where you can actually write and draw on ppts and such

I love my MacBook but still think it’s lowkey annoying that you guys can’t get anything that you can draw on :shrug:

Hey everyone,
I unfortunately did not get into UGA this go round, however, I was curious to know if anyone had experience with pursuing an online masters degree before vet school. I was interested in UF's veterinary forensics degree. Thoughts?

Hi Everyone,
Congrats on getting into UGA! I really love it and I think you will too. To go off of the Mac thing, I ended up buying an iPad and apple pencil within the first few weeks of the semester and downloading the app Notability. It is really helpful to take notes and I learn by writing... so I took the hit financially. It also saves paper, which is nice lol. I had a Best Buy credit card from buying my mac book the year before and its 0% interest for a year, so I bought the cheapest iPad Pro available and am paying it off monthly. It was worth it for me! Also, if you are interested in what some of the coursework is like at UGA during your first year, I just wrote a post about it here: What is the course load of a first-year veterinary student? - The Traveling Dogtor. You might find it helpful so you know what to expect next year. If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out at [email protected]. You will learn a lot at Orientation and Accepted Students' Day, so make sure you take full advantage of those events as well!

Has anyone heard anything about their spot on the waitlist / if they have openings for OOS?

Reactions: 1 user
One person on another thread said they gave up their OOS alternate spot, but that is the ONLY thing I can find for UGA

Reactions: 1 user
I found out my number on the waitlist today, but I haven't heard anything about how many spots are still under consideration. Does anyone know how long UGA gives each alternate to decide on the offer?

I found out my number on the waitlist today, but I haven't heard anything about how many spots are still under consideration. Does anyone know how long UGA gives each alternate to decide on the offer?

Did you call or email?

Per the Facebook page, they are waiting on one more deposit to arrive , then the class will be complete.