VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cecetot

Reaction score
Idk if a thread has been made for this school yet but just wondering if the Casper snapshot is required too or just the Casper exam!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. Only takes 10 minutes and Casper will filter it out if the school doesn’t want it so no reason not to do it

Members don't see this ad :)
Current 3rd year and happy to answer any questions about the school! I don’t know anything about Casper though :)

Reactions: 1 users
Current 3rd year and happy to answer any questions about the school! I don’t know anything about Casper though :)
Hi there! Do you know anything about the HPSP scholarship for your class? For instance, how many applied and how many actually got the scholarship?

For the class of 2022, 2 people were awarded the HPSP but only one continued in the program through graduation. Not sure how many people applied, but I can't imagine it was more than a handful.

The Army is hurting badly for recruits generally this year. Not sure about veterinarians, but private practice bonuses and salaries are so high right now that I wouldn't be surprised if they are hurting for health professionals too. That should translate to a higher likelihood of being accepted.

Edited to add: The student affairs people probably know the stats, you can ask them.

(They aren't allowed to disclose who has it, but they can probably tell you the stats for current classes. Even if they don't track it directly, they probably generally remember how many people they've done paperwork for in recent years and will know how many current students have it.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Idk if a thread has been made for this school yet but just wondering if the Casper snapshot is required too or just the Casper exam!! :)
I had personally emailed them and they said Snapshot was not required. Only the Casper exam!

Reactions: 1 user
I had personally emailed them and they said Snapshot was not required. Only the Casper exam!
I emailed them right after I posted and yes she confirmed the same! You rock thanks so much :) ( also thank goodness one less thing to worry about!)

Just wanted to jump on! I’m a first year here at VMCVM so please reach out with any questions 💕

Officially sent in my application! 3rd time IS applicant and I’m hoping this is the year! Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know the time frame for interviews ?
Their website says invites will go out late Nov/early Dec and interviews will be held Dec/Jan. In the past, I believe invites were sent mid-Dec and interviews were held in early/mid Jan.

Has anyone been interviewed/accepted despite low CASPer results? My score fell in the 1st quartile, and I swear I'm empathetic/good at problem-solving but it takes me longer than 5 minutes to think about what I want for lunch, let alone those deeper scenarios 😅 lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the time frame for interviews ?
Last year interviews came out December 9th and we had i think December 14th-January 3rd to complete them! I’m unsure of the format this year

Has anyone been interviewed/accepted despite low CASPer results? My score fell in the 1st quartile, and I swear I'm empathetic/good at problem-solving but it takes me longer than 5 minutes to think about what I want for lunch, let alone those deeper scenarios 😅 lol
a lot of people in my class had low casper scores!

This is my third time applying to VMCVM and third overall time applying as well. Third times the charm? Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was told by admissions that they aren’t too worried about the CASPER. They just hadn’t gotten rid of it for this past cycle yet. It did sounds like they may not require it in the future though.

Not sure how I'm just now coming across this thread, but current 4th year here (that still feels weird to say) happy to answer any questions I can!

• Care
The website says updates can start at the end of November. For those that applied last year when did you start hearing back?

The website says updates can start at the end of November. For those that applied last year when did you start hearing back?
I heard back closer to the first week of December. Last year was 12/9 and the year before that was 12/3.

Reactions: 3 users
I can't say anything about last year, but each time I applied to VMCVM I heard back about interviews around the first-second week of December. End of November would definitely be reasonable based on that I think, but don't necessarily spend that week holding your breath waiting to hear something

1st time OOS applicant to Virginia-Maryland, 4th time applicant overall. Looking forward to hearing back in the next couple of weeks!!

3rd time IS applicant, slowly getting nervous with each passing day. :oops:

Me too! I have the faith all will be fine. Best wishes to you!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else getting more anxious by the day? :oops:
I feel like time went by so fast, and now it’s pretty darn slow 😅 won’t hold my breath for next week, but the week after I’ve got my fingers crossed 🤞

I feel like time went by so fast, and now it’s pretty darn slow 😅 won’t hold my breath for next week, but the week after I’ve got my fingers crossed 🤞
I looked back and decisions were sent out on December 9th last year. So I guess we will have to be patient for the next couple of weeks! Best of luck y’all!

Do you happen to know if they are recorded or live?
They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.

They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.
Oh man so it’s like the CASPER then sort of?

• Sad
I hate that... so much...

I hate that... so much...
Me too! When I did the Snapshot portion, I literally fell a part because I could not get my thoughts together. I did well on the Casper portion, but speaking into the computer with a countdown sent my nerves in over drive.... 😩

Where'd you see that they were virtual? I'm trying to make an excel sheet with info about each interview lol
Do you happen to know if they are recorded or live?
It is somewhere on their website lol. I interviewed last year, and they said they are continuing with the same format for this cycle. Last year it was 8 questions, one of which had 2 parts, so 9 responses I recorded. They have pre-recorded "scenarios" that you watch, and then you are given some time (I wanna say it was like 30 seconds to a minute) to reflect. And then you have 4 minutes to respond. It definitely is a little weird not having any back and forth conversations with anybody. But yeah it is pretty much just like the snapshot portion of the Casper test as your responses are video recordings and not typed.

It is somewhere on their website lol. I interviewed last year, and they said they are continuing with the same format for this cycle. Last year it was 8 questions, one of which had 2 parts, so 9 responses I recorded. They have pre-recorded "scenarios" that you watch, and then you are given some time (I wanna say it was like 30 seconds to a minute) to reflect. And then you have 4 minutes to respond. It definitely is a little weird not having any back and forth conversations with anybody. But yeah it is pretty much just like the snapshot portion of the Casper test as your responses are video recordings and not typed.
Thanks for the insight. If I’m honored with an interview I will definitely be considering prepping my ability to talk for 4 min straight at a time 😂

• Haha
will we know if we’ve been rejected at the same time people get invited for interviews?

will we know if we’ve been rejected at the same time people get invited for interviews?
I believe it is all sent out on the same day. I was rejected last year on 12/9

Was casper snapshot portion required? I dont think i did it and now im worried I'll be denied just because of it.

Was casper snapshot portion required? I dont think i did it and now im worried I'll be denied just because of it.
I didn’t do it either and from my understanding it is NOT required

• Care
I contacted admissions back in the summer and asked this, they said it wasn’t required!

last year it was 4 minutes per question :) you do have 2 minutes to read the question and make notes before the recording starts!

everyone will hear the same day :) you’ll either be rejected, waitlisted to interview, or invited to interview

Hi there everyone! I am a 1st time, OOS, non-traditional applicant. Here to join the nervous anxiety with everyone else! 😅

Do y’all think this will be the week ?

Reactions: 6 users