UGA C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello guys! I hate this waiting game, and it’s making me nervous! Couple days ago I received an email that the faculty reviews are now complete and the application is now moved to the admissions review. At this point I’m lost, should I be happy that I made it this far, or this process is a normal thing ? I also read on their website that during the faculty review, 3 individuals check every application. Not sure if they wanted to reject they would reject from faculty review phase.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys! I hate this waiting game, and it’s making me nervous! Couple days ago I received an email that the faculty reviews are now complete and the application is now moved to the admissions review. At this point I’m lost, should I be happy that I made it this far, or this process is a normal thing ? I also read on their website that during the faculty review, 3 individuals check every application. Not sure if they wanted to reject they would reject from faculty review phase.

This process is fairly normal, but you should be happy! These are mass emails that are sent to all applicants unless your GPA is too low, and you don’t make it, but that’s really the only reason why you wouldn’t make it through. In this “phase,” some people will have their references called. They may want to get to know you better or just ask a few questions. However, having a reference called or not called doesn’t mean anything. There have been people accepted without references called and rejected with references called. I only say this because I thought I was “guaranteed” to be accepted if my application made it all the way through and my references were called, and that was not the case. I was rejected. So definitely be happy and try to enjoy the anticipation. I know it can be really hard to do, but hopefully decisions come out soon!

Reactions: 4 users
One of my recommenders got an email from UGA Friday asking to set up a time to call, so they’re still calling people

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever have their professors that wrote them lor called or do they only call DVMS ?

For those curious, UGA called my recomendar earlier this past week. I wasn’t told what was discussed, but they did let me know that they are calling people until 2/16. So, decisions won’t be this upcoming week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those curious, UGA my called my recomendar earlier this past week. I wasn’t told what was discussed, but they did let me know that they are calling people until 2/16. So, decisions won’t be this upcoming week!
Hoping its the week after!!

Has anyone had any success being accepted IS with a lower GPA? 3.1-3.2 range? This is the last school I’m waiting on and I’m having a hard time finding low gpa success stories 😩

Has anyone had any success being accepted IS with a lower GPA? 3.1-3.2 range? This is the last school I’m waiting on and I’m having a hard time finding low gpa success stories 😩
What are your other stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also do yall think we will hear back next week?

I think so. It’s been next week in the previous cycles. The one cycle that was notified on March 1 was kind of an outlier. I’m hopeful for next week!
Edited to add: it’ll likely be the end of next week

Reactions: 1 users
Have any rejections gone out yet this cycle or is everyone just still waiting ? Wasn’t sure if they were doing it in waves or what the deal was

Have any rejections gone out yet this cycle or is everyone just still waiting ? Wasn’t sure if they were doing it in waves or what the deal was
Normally they send everything out at the same time at the end of February/beginning of March

I will say I know an in state student that was rejected pretty early on but she was below the required GPA

Do we think this is the week? I’m so nervous!!!

• Care
Haven’t seen a c/o 2028 FB page yet so probably still have at least a few more days. Still holding out hope for later this week though. I don’t want to wait until next week lol.

Haven’t seen a c/o 2028 FB page yet so probably still have at least a few more days. Still holding out hope for later this week though. I don’t want to wait until next week lol.

the facebook page was created on valentine’s day!

IMG_0615.png

It’s odd that they made it so earlier. Last year they made it the morning before decisions were released

I think he made it and then either deleted or hide it bc it disappeared Thursday morning at least for me. Maybe as a test or so he could save time for when decisions came out

It’s odd that they made it so earlier. Last year they made it the morning before decisions were released

yeah i was thinking the same thing, i was lowkey panicking last week thinking it might be then because of last year haha. i have a feeling it’ll still be late this week though

I just found it! You have to scroll pretty far down. It just has one member so maybe once he starts adding the student ambassadors/faculty we’ll know we’re getting close?

If someone’s recommender doesn’t get a call, does that mean it’s a rejection ? This waiting game is hitting on my nerves.

If someone’s recommender doesn’t get a call, does that mean it’s a rejection ? This waiting game is hitting on my nerves.
Nope. Some people get accepted without calls and some people get rejected even after being called

I feel like it’ll definitely be the end of this week. It would shock me if they sent them out today

Last year's decisions were sent on Thursday, so I’m thinking either Thursday or Friday 😭

Just found out My recommenders were called yesterday 😭
Did they call yesterday? Curious if they’re still calling references. I had one called a couple weeks ago but haven’t heard from any other references about being called

Did they call yesterday? Curious if they’re still calling references. I had one called a couple weeks ago but haven’t heard from any other references about being called
I have two references being called today and I had them call my other one last week!