Dublin c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview was yesterday and I feel like it went really well! It was much more relaxed than other interviews I’ve had, which was refreshing. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Here in SF for my interview tomorrow! I tend to get nervous for interviews, so hoping that everyone saying it’s relaxed means it’ll go better this time!

Reactions: 1 user
Here in SF for my interview tomorrow! I tend to get nervous for interviews, so hoping that everyone saying it’s relaxed means it’ll go better this time!
The interviewers are SO KIND! Have questions for them about the program and be prepared to discuss things you listed on your application. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The interviewers are SO KIND! Have questions for them about the program and be prepared to discuss things you listed on your application. Good luck :)
thank you so much! do they have behavioral questions as well or “tell me a time when..” ones?

Curious if anyone knows how many applicants traditionally apply to UCD vs get interviews. I haven’t been able to find any info like this on their website and I’m curious if the application numbers are as large as some US schools

Curious if anyone knows how many applicants traditionally apply to UCD vs get interviews. I haven’t been able to find any info like this on their website and I’m curious if the application numbers are as large as some US schools
I am not sure if there are as many applicants, but there are way fewer spots (52-53 in Grad Entry).

I am not sure if there are as many applicants, but there are way fewer spots (52-53 in Grad Entry).
Oi! At the information session I went to in NY I was told there were 200-300 applicants but I could not tell if she meant overall or just being interviewed (was hoping she meant overall) 🥴

Oi! At the information session I went to in NY I was told there were 200-300 applicants but I could not tell if she meant overall or just being interviewed (was hoping she meant overall) 🥴
At the information session in SF I was told that they were interviewing 150 candidates for ~45/50 spots

• Care
At the information session in SF I was told that they were interviewing 150 candidates for ~45/50 spots
Thank you! She must have meant there were 300 total applications then not just interviews. Thanks for letting me know :)

Is there anyone who has not heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I reached out last month, they said a second round of interviews will be sent out in January. Has anyone heard about that?

When I reached out last month, they said a second round of interviews will be sent out in January. Has anyone heard about that?
Are you a US student? They said at their info session last week that they only visit the US once for interviews so I’m not sure if maybe those would be like remote? Or if they’re for a diff country?

From what I was told at the SF location by the team, "in person" interviews in both SF and NY were completed on Wednesday. The only ones left are over zoom! And decisions should be out by the beginning of Feb!

Anyone else’s portal / application status never change? I know peoples in the past have updated to like “further review” and “documents reviewed” once they received an interview but mine has stayed at “submitted, complete” through my entire process. Not sure if I’m the only one ?? I’m not looking to deep into it but just curious how others portals have been reflected

Anyone else’s portal / application status never change? I know peoples in the past have updated to like “further review” and “documents reviewed” once they received an interview but mine has stayed at “submitted, complete” through my entire process. Not sure if I’m the only one ?? I’m not looking to deep into it but just curious how others portals have been reflected
Mine also says "Submitted, Complete" and I also interviewed last week. My guess is that some people's applications need additional evaluation because their prerequisites are different or something. So they may have to do additional investigations. Idk, just guessing.

Update: Mine changed to "further review" as well. I know that I'm missing 1 prerequisite and most of my science classes are from a different college than where I got my bachelors. So I wouldn't doubt that my application needs "further review".

Last edited:
Mine also says "Submitted, Complete" and I also interviewed last week. My guess is that some people's applications need additional evaluation because their prerequisites are different or something. So they may have to do additional investigations. Idk, just guessing.
That would make sense I did have 1 prerequisite that I took in the fall! Did you have any outstanding?

That would make sense I did have 1 prerequisite that I took in the fall! Did you have any outstanding?
Yes, I haven't taken Biochemistry. I graduated in 2020 but I returned to school last year in order to finish prerequisites. My college doesn't have biochemistry so the interview staff are going to be sending me an online course that would satisfy that prerequisite. I might also have to take a basic physics class? not sure yet lol

Yes, I haven't taken Biochemistry. I graduated in 2020 but I returned to school last year in order to finish prerequisites. My college doesn't have biochemistry so the interview staff are going to be sending me an online course that would satisfy that prerequisite. I might also have to take a basic physics class? not sure yet lol
I recommend looking into UCSD Extension for online biochem/cell bio I’ve known people who have taken their classes and they satisfied the requirements:)

Oh that makes sense. They did have questions about one of my bio courses in my interview, and I just emailed them a syllabus / more info about it.

Update: Mine changed to "further review" as well. I know that I'm missing 1 prerequisite and most of my science classes are from a different college than where I got my bachelors. So I wouldn't doubt that my application needs "further review".
did yours just change today? I assume if they're trying to get decisions out by end of jan/feb then they're probably working on them actively.

did yours just change today? I assume if they're trying to get decisions out by end of jan/feb then they're probably working on them actively.
I checked it 2 days ago and it still said "submitted, complete", so it must have changed yesterday or today.

I emailed their admissions about a question I had and she responded back in the email to me that we would be receiving decisions “next month” and that no offers had been made yet for the graduate entry so if you’ve heard nothing that still is good so far!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I had to send dublin more information about one of my bio courses and they just sent me an email saying they accept the course, and to “please bear with them and they’ll be in touch in the coming weeks with an update to my application”. so I guess it’s not this week

I had to send dublin more information about one of my bio courses and they just sent me an email saying they accept the course, and to “please bear with them and they’ll be in touch in the coming weeks with an update to my application”. so I guess it’s not this week
I’m thinking second week of February bc of course my luck would be them and Iowa on the same day 😬

I’m thinking second week of February bc of course my luck would be them and Iowa on the same day 😬
I am thinking the second full week of February because the 5th is a Bank Holiday for St. Brigid's Day so I don't see it happening that week,

I am thinking the second full week of February because the 5th is a Bank Holiday for St. Brigid's Day so I don't see it happening that week,
I meant around Feb 15th that’s what it was last year for some and then few weeks later others also got decisions. I was told by admissions tho that they are giving everyone decisions at the same time this yr and that it would be before the last week of February

Reactions: 2 users
Hi just wondering what everyone's portal is looking like. Is it saying "Further Review"? I didn't get interview and my portal is saying further review. For those who got interviewed, does yours look different?

Hi just wondering what everyone's portal is looking like. Is it saying "Further Review"? I didn't get interview and my portal is saying further review. For those who got interviewed, does yours look different?
Interviewed and mine has further review! I think they all should say further review now that I’ve heard

Mine still says “Complete, Submitted”

I finally emailed Dublin. They said they are only viewing North American applications for the time being, so if you're an international student applying from U.S, your application is not being reviewed yet...(which is my case...)

I finally emailed Dublin. They said they are only viewing North American applications for the time being, so if you're an international student applying from U.S, your application is not being reviewed yet...(which is my case...)
Glad they finally got back to you!! Hoping they don’t make us wait until March 😭

I meant around Feb 15th that’s what it was last year for some and then few weeks later others also got decisions. I was told by admissions tho that they are giving everyone decisions at the same time this yr and that it would be before the last week of February
When you said "others" did you mean the international applicants? Would all applicants hear from them by the end of February?

When you said "others" did you mean the international applicants? Would all applicants hear from them by the end of February?
tbh I have no clue because according to past threads every year they have done decisions differently. Last year it was more rolling out starting mid Jan and this year I was told it would be all at once? But idk what is true anymore😭 has anyone else emailed admissions about this?

I received an email saying they're still reviewing applications from all cohorts and there will be an update in the coming weeks. 😭

Last edited:
My friend who also applied emailed and they responded with:
“We've had a slight delay in sending updates on applications however the first set of them will be going out in the next short while. Please keep an eye on your email for yours.”

Kind of says a lot but also nothing at all lol

Reactions: 2 users