UGA C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anxious but also looking forward to hearing back because the waiting game is never fun. Interested to know if they’ve called any recommenders!

Reactions: 1 user
Anxious but also looking forward to hearing back because the waiting game is never fun. Interested to know if they’ve called any recommenders!

I know last year they didn’t start calling until the first week of February. I would expect a similar timeline this year, but I could be wrong!

For some reason I thought I saw in an email they said late February early March. Hopefully it will be before then!

“In early January, if necessary, we will begin to contact your references to ask questions we may have about your candidacy. We are hoping to have all decisions sent to you via email by late February-early March.” - email from UGA sent Nov 16. I applied last year as well and got my rejection Feb 23rd if that helps anyone!

I’m in state and haven’t heard about any of mine being contacted…

Members don't see this ad :)
One of mine was contacted. Is that a good or bad thing? Lol
I don’t think it’s really either one! I think they just reach out on applicants they’re interested in getting more info on? I’m not 100% sure really so don’t quote me lol. Definitely interested to know how they pick who to contact. I think it’s helpful though for them to talk to someone close to you since there’s no interview to sell yourself with, so I guess in that sense I’d say it’s a good thing :)

Reactions: 1 users
I would think it’s a good thing since they seem to be interested in you. If they weren’t interested they probably wouldn’t bother to call at all!

I would think it’s a good thing since they seem to be interested in you. If they weren’t interested they probably wouldn’t bother to call at all!

Not necessarily true. I know people who have been accepted without anyone called. I think it’s kind of random

the heart attack i just got seeing that email come in and it's just a timeline update 😭

Same here!! Saw the email and freaked out haha but great, we get decisions the day before my wedding o_O

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve come to understand it as they contact references for applicants they need more information about. Like someone I knew got references contacted because they were on the fence about accepting them or not. So that’s why they really hammer the “Pick people who will speak highly of you” statement for references. As someone else said, it’s all about them getting to know you without being able to interview you.

What did the email say? I didn’t get it :(
“As we come closer to making our final decisions, I want to provide you with an update on where we currently are in our process. The faculty reviews are now complete and we have moved to our final Admissions Committee review. This part of the process will last until later in February. We plan to notify all applicants of our decision by March 1st at the latest.”

“As we come closer to making our final decisions, I want to provide you with an update on where we currently are in our process. The faculty reviews are now complete and we have moved to our final Admissions Committee review. This part of the process will last until later in February. We plan to notify all applicants of our decision by March 1st at the latest.”
Did they say you moved on to the next section? I wonder if this means I did not make it past faculty review

Question, does everyone get the email about moving on to faculty review, like even if maybe you didn’t? Or is there a way to check where your application stands, I can’t remember if they had on their website that you could check the progress!

It didn’t say anything specific like “you made it past faculty review” I think it was just a general update.

As well if you have any questions it says you can email Parker Moore and ask if you’re worried!

I got the “moved onto faculty review” email back in November and this was the first one since that email and seemed like more of an update where they are in the progress, not so much like a “hey you made it to this next step sorta thing!

I would check your junk mail too!

Reactions: 2 users
I did not, OOS. But my email in November also came a day late so who knows

If you are a second time applicant, did yall get feedback from your previous application prior to reapplying?

If you are a second time applicant, did yall get feedback from your previous application prior to reapplying?

I did! I wasn’t going to, but the vet I work for recommended it. I emailed in early August 2023 (which is much later than most people), and I got the answer I expected. Everything looked great except my GRE score (301). Parker said that since they aren’t doing the GRE, I’ll have a higher chance of getting in this time around. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but I really enjoyed having the feedback and strengthening my application!

I did! I wasn’t going to, but the vet I work for recommended it. I emailed in early August 2023 (which is much later than most people), and I got the answer I expected. Everything looked great except my GRE score (301). Parker said that since they aren’t doing the GRE, I’ll have a higher chance of getting in this time around. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but I really enjoyed having the feedback and strengthening my application!
Thank you for responding! If you don’t mind me asking what your other stats looked like? I have a lower cumulative GPA but higher last 45 & science with a ton of vet hours but been feeling discouraged lately /:

Thank you for responding! If you don’t mind me asking what your other stats looked like? I have a lower cumulative GPA but higher last 45 & science with a ton of vet hours but been feeling discouraged lately /:

Sure! I have a lot of vet hours with a few different GP clinics. I’ve been working off and on since 2019.
Overall: 3.55
Science: 3.42
I’m not 100% sure about last 45. I calculated it myself a while back and got 3.65, but that could be wrong.
I’m a fairly average applicant. I was rejected last year and decided to pursue a masters to help my GPA this year. I didn’t realize how expensive a masters degree is, so I’ve only been able to take a couple classes per semester, but anything helps!
I’m sure you’ll be fine! Good luck! :)

• Care
I did! Mine was regarding my GPA and GRE. Since they don't require the GRE anymore then that can be skipped but for the GPA, they told me that the committee was worried if I could with the load since my gpa is definitely not the best. They recommended a thesis master's program and more diversification in hours of experience. Personally, I did an online master's degree in Biology, I graduate this May 2024. I did not do hours in large animals since I don't have that near by, I work full time plus study full time and I have a baby, but I continue working at the vet clinic so had way more hours of experience in the vet part.

They said for mine that it was the GRE as I scored lowered than they wanted. Then they said I didn't not have a creditable claim to want to be a large animal vet since I had not had any large animal experience. I explain in my application that the nearest had large animal vet is an hour to an hour and a half away. Then they said that me calling my experience shadowing was wrong because I do more than a shadow. I was honestly confused by this and the point that it affected my application because I do tech work but since I'm under the doctor she has always just called me her shadow. And at the time of application I had a 4.0 and then after the fall transcript I had a 3.9 something and I have over 2000 hours of small experience and I'm IS.

Didn’t get an update email… nervous now… OOS
I just got the email this morning. It came about an hour after the email from parchment that said UGA received my fall transcripts, so maybe that’s why mine was late?

Also just got the email this morning but if you didn’t I still wouldn’t be nervous. I really don’t think this decides anything major but I could be wrong

I just got the email this morning. It came about an hour after the email from parchment that said UGA received my fall transcripts, so maybe that’s why mine was late?

Does UGA require fall transcripts? If so where specifically do you send them?

References are definitely being called. Answered a call to talk to the Dr at my clinic today about a coworker. I feel like they’re calling earlier this year

They are probably calling earlier since the GRE was not required this year, there was probably a significant increase in applicants. And who know maybe UGA calling earlier means we get to hear back sooner.