This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True. Also, I don't think CC offer upper div. I wish I never applied for graduation. Might consider revoking my application for graduation and extending my time at UC and take 4 upper div bio courses. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.
Might be a smart choice considering you will still be eligible for financial aid in your fifth year. Whereas let's say you wait to your technically "sixth year" all that you are eligible for are unsubsidized loans :///

Members don't see this ad.

I think everyone is being rejected by UCI, I wouldn't take it personally. I think they might have the most applicants. My question is how are they choosing students? I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of application and if you live or are from Irvine?
Many things factor- upward trend in gpa, your extracurriculars and devotion to underserved, qualities of LOR, and also application completeness as much as a whole bunch of other factors. Definitely do not have a preference if you live/from Irvine. Only one member of our cohort was a UCI undergrad. However, like the other programs they do accept on a rolling admissions basis and they have a early priority deadline compared to the rest

Anyone heard anything from UCLA?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, what date are you interviewing for UCSF? I got an interview invite on 4/2 but wasn't able to schedule an interview time because there was no interview status bar on my application. I just got another email today and was finally able to schedule an interview in May. I'm sort of worried that I am interviewing late.
Mine is in May as well it was the only available date i saw

REAPPLICANT
UCI REJECTION
UCSD WAITLIST FOR INTERVIEW
UCSF INTERVIEW PENDING :)
There is still hope

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted after their deadline but still have not heard anything lol
Goodluck! I don't know where I am going wrong in my application. I asked and they said to get back to them in June. Also I most of the programs start in June. I wonder how they will squeeze reviewing apps and interviews in a month and a half.

Goodluck! I don't know where I am going wrong in my application. I asked and they said to get back to them in June. Also I most of the programs start in June. I wonder how they will squeeze reviewing apps and interviews in a month and a half.
Wow they said get back to them in June to get a review of your application? Interesting

Oh I thought you said they rejected you and then you called them and they said get back to you in June? Did I misunderstand?

When you said you submitted your app after the deadline, when exactly did you submit it?

Oh I thought you said they rejected you and then you called them and they said get back to you in June? Did I misunderstand?
Nope, that's what happened. I thought it was strange too. Just wanted to see your thought processes of why that was strange. lol

Nope, that's what happened. I thought it was strange too. Just wanted to see your thought processes of why that was strange. lol
I guess they are saying they will give you feedback once they know who is coming to their program and it starts.

I guess they are saying they will give you feedback once they know who is coming to their program and it starts.
Exactly. If they reviewed my application thoroughly in a week, I would assume they would have some explanation on where I went wrong. Maybe they have an algorithm, who knows.

Exactly. If they reviewed my application thoroughly in a week, I would assume they would have some explanation on where I went wrong. Maybe they have an algorithm, who knows.
Good luck! Did you apply to any other places?

If you don't mind could give us a timeline of the date you submitted your application, got interviews and acceptance. Roughly how long was the entire process?

Submitted: 2/26
Marked Complete: 2/16
UCD email for interview#1: 3/11
UCD actual interview #1: 3/13
UCD email for interview#2: 3/25
UCD actual interview#2: 4/1

Probably because they are swamped with determining the logistics for the upcoming cohort and are involved with preparations for the entering 2019-2020 class and finishing up interviews. It is a super busy timeframe for admissions and so they are probably more available at that time to give you more thorough genuine feedback in June :)

Probably because they are swamped with determining the logistics for the upcoming cohort and are involved with preparations for the entering 2019-2020 class and finishing up interviews. It is a super busy timeframe for admissions and so they are probably more available at that time to give you more thorough genuine feedback in June :)
That makes sense but if that is the case they probably already have their cohort set and are not considering any other applicants, which explains why I got a denied so quickly.

That makes sense but if that is the case they probably already have their cohort set and are not considering any other applicants, which explains why I got a denied so quickly.

That's so interesting why they rejected you 4 days later :( I'm sorry to hear about that...But does that mean the people who haven't heard anything is out of the running and have already set their cohorts? :(

Goodluck! I'm hoping for LA, because I live in San Diego. Did anyone apply to San Diego? I heard negative things about their program.
Can you PM me everything you heard about the UCSD one please.

Reactions: 1 users
That's so interesting why they rejected you 4 days later :( I'm sorry to hear about that...But does that mean the people who haven't heard anything is out of the running and have already set their cohorts? :(
I wouldn't assume so, maybe your still in the mix! Think of it this way, if you didn't get a rejection the same time I did then they are probably looking into you further. Also, I applied after the deadline.

I got waitlisted at UCI. Does anyone know how much movement there is on the waitlist?

As far as UCI goes, they said they would be finalizing their cohort by next week so I guess that would mean theyre done with interviews.

Last edited:
As far as UCI goes, they said they would be finalizing their cohort by next week so I guess that would mean their done with interviews.

You think so :(? I haven’t heard from them.. people who have turned in their app the same day as me and a week after me have already got denied.. ahhhh I just want to know what’s going on with my app I’m confused

I got waitlisted at UCI. Does anyone know how much movement there is on the waitlist?

Did you go through an interview then got waitlisted? Also did you get the notification that you got waitlisted through your email and portal?

I got an email stating I was placed in an alternative list. Yes, after my interview like 3 days later.
Did you go through an interview then got waitlisted? Also did you get the notification that you got waitlisted through your email and portal?

I think everyone is being rejected by UCI, I wouldn't take it personally. I think they might have the most applicants. My question is how are they choosing students? I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of application and if you live or are from Irvine?
I'm not exactly sure how they're choosing students but I'm not from the irvine area if that helps!