U Penn interview call letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

I got U. Penn interview offer on Oct 25. If some girl candidate wants to share hotel room please contact me as soon as possible. My email is [email protected]

Thanks.
Manik

Members don't see this ad.

Congradulations! Someone knows Where we could find the official translator to translate your diploma into English. Did you translate by yourself? Is it OK if you translate by yourself and then get notarized? (PENN website saying: translate the non-English diploma into English by an official translator and notarize it.) Thanks.

Can someone suggest me a decent hotel to stay during U Penn inteview? Expririence from those who already got interviewed is highly appreciated.

manik

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
i got called 4 upenn interview on nov. 1st.....any girl in the same boat wanting to discuss accomdn...pls pm me.any suggesns about accmdn. from previous interviewees is welcome.also pls give any other helpful tips on the interview.thank you so much.

Hi: please someone shares your experience. Thanks.

Congradulations! Someone knows Where we could find the official translator to translate your diploma into English. Did you translate by yourself? Is it OK if you translate by yourself and then get notarized? (PENN website saying: translate the non-English diploma into English by an official translator and notarize it.) Thanks.

balldan said:
hi guys,
i got called 4 upenn interview on nov. 1st.....any girl in the same boat wanting to discuss accomdn...pls pm me.any suggesns about accmdn. from previous interviewees is welcome.also pls give any other helpful tips on the interview.thank you so much.

hi guys,

i want to wish u good luck for all the people going for u penn interview

i went for interview there........on sept. 30 th. ...the faculty are really nice

they are really helpfull........they welcome all the students very nicely...i think every student going to interview to U Penn wants to get admission there

its really a nice school.......all the people starting from frontdesk and the students are really helpfull

about hotels ....i stayed in Divine Tracy hotel...that is walking distance from Upenn...other near by hotels are Sheraton INN....YOU CAN FIND THE PHONE NO.S FROM your interview letter.

Philadelphia is a very beautiful city and famous for Philly Cheese Steak. There are lot of museums to see around and this city has lot of importance in the United States history.

Philadelphia has very good transportation system....from the airport you can take shuttle it is very cheap....in the city very good bus service ....by the name of SEPTA.

very attractive campus.....everything is nearby......

do not be tensed.....my only advice to all ....Be yourself......

wish you good luck

Helloeveryone,

Are you a guy or a girl? How was your stay at Divine Tracy hotel? Do they have any specific rules for staying in hotel, especially dress code? i would appreciate your feedback.

Manik

Hello,
I also have booked at Divine Tracy for my interview on the 28th of this month. I believe it is the cheapest place around the Upenn Campus.

hi pk bond,
thank you 4 the info & all the best 4 ur interview....anybody scheduled for 1st nov.?

hi manik
can u please tell me when did u apply and your statistics. i am also waitng for the interview letter.
thanks
monika

balldan said:
hi pk bond,
thank you 4 the info & all the best 4 ur interview....anybody scheduled for 1st nov.?
hey,

ive got an interview call for the 1 ,do pm me and we can discuss the accomodations .

Members don't see this ad :)
aaru said:
hey,

ive got an interview call for the 1 ,do pm me and we can discuss the accomodations .
any one (girl)wishing to share accomodation for upenn interview .on 8th nov.do pm me.

hi
I have applied to upenn n boston.
no response yet. I applied in late august. my application is complete.
my part 1 is 89% gpa 3.3 n toefl 273.
still no response? r they (scores) very low?
pls help
i appreciate that

monika sharma said:
hi manik
can u please tell me when did u apply and your statistics. i am also waitng for the interview letter.
thanks
monika
hi i applied in 2nd week of sept.

all the best
manik

hi
Ive got a rejection letter from Upenn.
Is it necessary to get in 90s for getting admitted in any university.
I think that not being a permanent resident cost me this.
m so disappointed.

All the best to those going for their interviews :thumbup:

Docnids said:
hi
m so disappointed.

hi docnids don't get depressed.you will be successful somwhere.i too applkied i got 87,toefl 233 and gpa-3.06.waiting for interview call ,i wish u best of luck.did they mention any reason for rejection.

meverick said:
hi docnids don't get depressed.you will be successful somwhere.i too applkied i got 87,toefl 233 and gpa-3.06.waiting for interview call ,i wish u best of luck.did they mention any reason for rejection.

hey meverick
thanks a lot for reply
no they didnt mentioned any reason. Just stated that "admission to PASS is very competitive".

All the best to u :thumbup:

Docnids said:
hi
m so disappointed.

Hey,
Do not get depressed. U. Penn has its own criterion, so do not really dwell on that. You have gotta a good score for New York and Cali schools. I am sure you will make it somewhere.

All the best!!

Docnids said:
hey meverick
thanks a lot for reply
no they didnt mentioned any reason. Just stated that "admission to PASS is very competitive".

All the best to u :thumbup:
hey docnid apply to nyu and colarado.colarado soon will start applications.do you have any experience.when did u finish your dental school.i heard upenn prefers students with experience.how many years experience do you have.
hey docnid just now heard from my brother in law i got rejection letter from u penn.so we are in the same club.best of luck buddy.iam not depressed.take life as it comes.

finish line said:
i havent applied to upenn though....shall i with 87 score???

Hi finish line, I think u should i apply, i got a letter for the interview just today and my score is 85, a very good friend of mine already went for the interview in sept and she had 84, i dont know their criteria but its definately worth the try. Good luck!

hey balldan
could u pls tell me when u aplied to upenn?

did all the interviewees for upenn get it by usps?
i sent my app in the 3rd week of sept and waiting for some input from upenn. anybody in the same boat?

and could the individuals who have already gone thru the rigmarole of interviews in upenn shed some light on the 3 diffrnt interviews? are they all personal? could somebody pls elaborate?

Hey everyone! I got the interview call for 11th Nov...anyone else interviewing on the same day?
I would also like to know if any girl is interested in sharing accomodation.
Thanks!!

congrats asj

can u please tell us what are your scores? thanks

meverick said:
hey docnid apply to nyu and colarado.colarado soon will start applications.do you have any experience.when did u finish your dental school.i heard upenn prefers students with experience.how many years experience do you have.
hey docnid just now heard from my brother in law i got rejection letter from u penn.so we are in the same club.best of luck buddy.iam not depressed.take life as it comes.

hey
thanx a lot for advise. Ya i do have 1 yr of work experience from private clinic other than doing my internship.
I called upenn n inquired but the person didnt gave any specific reason.
Does colarado have advance standing. I didnt applied to california schools till now. Now i thing deadline has passed.
lets just keep our fingures crossed for boston n ny

thanks az646!
my scores are part 1: 92; TOEFL:283; GPA: 3.75

hi
if any girl willing to share the hotel accomodation for interview in 2nd week of nov, please PM me.
thanks

Hi

got rejection letter from upenn... :( ....i think its cause of my low gpa 2.5... i should have tried wes...

all the best to everyone going for interview !!

manik khisti said:
Helloeveryone,

Are you a guy or a girl? How was your stay at Divine Tracy hotel? Do they have any specific rules for staying in hotel, especially dress code? i would appreciate your feedback.

Manik
I guess they have a dress code....like stockings and skirts for girls.....

hi

could anybody please give me the contact no. for upenn where i could call up and ask whether they recieved all my documents.

Thanks

215-898-0558. try this NO: it works.

colours said:
hi

could anybody please give me the contact no. for upenn where i could call up and ask whether they recieved all my documents.

Thanks

did any one who attended interview in sept, oct, receive any info about acceptance or rejection, i thought they said last week of oct?

denzel said:
did any one who attended interview in sept, oct, receive any info about acceptance or rejection, i thought they said last week of oct?

we had an interview last week and we were told we're gonna recieve response on the last week of october... :)

Hi guys,
cud u pls tell me how far the PHL is frm U Penn....and how far Divine Tracy is frm Upenn & the airport?What is the best transport b/w airport and Upenn.
thank you so much.

Dent tex said:
215-898-0558. try this NO: it works.

hi dent tex
thanks for the response.........but i guess that's Dr. Lopez's no. do i have to call up and ask her :eek: :scared:

balldan said:
Hi guys,
cud u pls tell me how far the PHL is frm U Penn....and how far Divine Tracy is frm Upenn & the airport?What is the best transport b/w airport and Upenn.
thank you so much.

So when do you have your interview?
I am also staying at the Divine Tracy Hotel for my interview. and I believe we have to spend around 30 -35 dollars for one way taxi to the hotel.

Let me know your dates and time... may be we may be able to share the taxi...
Thanks

Hi PK ,
my interview's on Nov.1.....Those who've already been to the interview pls share ur experience with transport, etc. thanx.

gamecock1 said:
Just now I got interview call letter from U Penn. My interview is scheduled on 09/23. Are there anyone in the same boat?
hi
i am a new member. hope ur interview went well. could u give me the names of members who interviewed u. how was ur exprience.
response will be greatly appreciated

rgs said:
hi
i am a new member. hope ur interview went well. could u give me the names of members who interviewed u. how was ur exprience.

My Interview is on the 28th of this month. Hardly finding time to prepare for the interview.
Thanks

phildent said:
we had an interview last week and we were told we're gonna recieve response on the last week of october... :)
please share ur exprience. how did ur three interviews go.who all interviewed u. response is awaited and is gr8ly appreciated

balldan said:
Hi PK ,
my interview's on Nov.1.....Those who've already been to the interview pls share ur experience with transport, etc. thanx.
there is a shuttle service called "lady liberty" .it takes $8. but it takes little more time than a private cab. i was staying in sheraton inn and it took us 45 min. there is ground transportation desk near baggage claim area on the airport.
hope this helps
manik

Hi everybody
This is a personal experience there might be better or cheaper ways.
After getting to PHL airport, go to septa (Philadelphia city train system), Its a short walk inside the aiport.
A train called R1 will charge you 5.5$ and will take you to "University City station".
"Unversity City" station is in UPENN campus , its a 10 min walk to Divine tracy Hotel.
You really dont need to take a taxi. when coming back do the same walk from dental school to either "30th street" Station or "University City" station pay another 5.5 $ and you are back to the airport. Print a map of divine tracy and dental school from www.maps.google.com , It helps you alot while walking from station to the hotel and next morning from hotel to dental school.
the cost of staying with divine tracy for one night in a room without TV is about 45-50. You need to call them to reserve and then send them a money order worth of 25$( they will tell you about that on the phone).
Here are the information on the hotel
Divine Tracy Hotel
20 S 36th St
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3370
(215) 382-4310

You interview is generally done and complete by 4pm or Max 5 pm so if you get your return tickets for about 8 pm the same night you are in a good safe margin. Use SEPTA to go back to airport not to worry about traffic or getting lost.
Regarding the interview, there is really nothing you can prepare for. All basic questions about who you are and what you have accomplished in the past.
Dont lie , dont try to impress them, be relaxed, dont prepare answers. Dont use common famous phrases. Prepare to have proof and document on each and everything on your CV.
And remmeber if you have an interview you are a potential student. Dont be concerned with your or others Board or Toefl scores.
Be hopeful but remember the chances are very slim so be realistic too( last year there were 5600 applicants ,320 got interviews and 30 were selected, based on Dr lopez information given on interview day).
Keep your other options open.
Good Luck
email me if you had any questions not answered here.
Remember road to success is not a single line road. Your successful future might be waiting for you somewhere else.
Babak

Prinzmetal said:
Hi everybody
This is a personal experience there might be better or cheaper ways.
After getting to PHL airport, go to septa (Philadelphia city train system), Its a short walk inside the aiport.
A train called R1 will charge you 5.5$ and will take you to "University City station".
"Unversity City" station is in UPENN campus , its a 10 min walk to Divine tracy Hotel.
You really dont need to take a taxi. when coming back do the same walk from dental school to either "30th street" Station or "University City" station pay another 5.5 $ and you are back to the airport. Print a map of divine tracy and dental school from www.maps.google.com , It helps you alot while walking from station to the hotel and next morning from hotel to dental school.
the cost of staying with divine tracy for one night in a room without TV is about 45-50. You need to call them to reserve and then send them a money order worth of 25$( they will tell you about that on the phone).
Here are the information on the hotel
Divine Tracy Hotel
20 S 36th St
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3370
(215) 382-4310

You interview is generally done and complete by 4pm or Max 5 pm so if you get your return tickets for about 8 pm the same night you are in a good safe margin. Use SEPTA to go back to airport not to worry about traffic or getting lost.
Regarding the interview, there is really nothing you can prepare for. All basic questions about who you are and what you have accomplished in the past.
Dont lie , dont try to impress them, be relaxed, dont prepare answers. Dont use common famous phrases. Prepare to have proof and document on each and everything on your CV.
And remmeber if you have an interview you are a potential student. Dont be concerned with your or others Board or Toefl scores.
Be hopeful but remember the chances are very slim so be realistic too( last year there were 5600 applicants ,320 got interviews and 30 were selected, based on Dr lopez information given on interview day).
Keep your other options open.
Good Luck
email me if you had any questions not answered here.
Remember road to success is not a single line road. Your successful future might be waiting for you somewhere else.
Babak
hi
it was an indeed informative jisting about things.it is very kind of you to share your exprience with other students.
i was wondering if you could let me know which are the other two people who interviewed you , other than dr lopez.how long does the interview lasts with each person? do they ask all toether different questions? how many students do they interview in a day?
all the best to you

Hy anybody has penn interview on 15 th nov. we can share out thoughts sp plz pm me,....

Hi prinzmetal & manik,
Thank you so much guys...this info really prepares me as to how to get about philadelphia.
thanx guys.

hi guys!
i need little help regarding the notarization of documents.dont know whether it is the correct thread to post my question but as i want to apply to upenn i thought i will get some help here.when i called up upenn they said that notarised copies of NBDE and TOEFL is sufficient for them.when i went to bank of america to get my documents notarized they told me that they can only notarize MY SIGNATURE on the photocopies,but not the photocopies as themselves.i just want to know whether the notarization of my signature is good enough with upenn..is there anyone who can help me in this??
best wishes to all of those who are applying to upenn..
-thanks in advance,
b'lore