U Penn interview call letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks gaura Nitai and rahmed

i called up upenn, as u said....my ece was missing from application.so faxed it now.............. it strange they have my application since two months and didn't even emailed me .
thanks
lets hope for the best now

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Mask,

Why don't you call them and they might tell you info regarding your application status.
Thanks
GN

Members don't see this ad.

Mask said:
thanks gaura Nitai and rahmed

i called up upenn, as u said....my ece was missing from application.so faxed it now.............. it strange they have my application since two months and didn't even emailed me .
thanks
lets hope for the best now

You are welcome. Good luck.

Hi Everyone,
I would really appreciate it if those of you who have already had their interview, would give us a few details/ tips. My interview is in 2 weeks!
Thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Thanks for posting your question about upenn in the "current" interview call thread...!..Kindly can u posts your stats? are u a reapplicant?
Good luck
Thanks
GN

dentistcs said:
Hi Everyone,
I would really appreciate it if those of you who have already had their interview, would give us a few details/ tips. My interview is in 2 weeks!
Thanx

Balldan:No practical test. Just 3 personal interviews conducted by various faculty

Thanx BDS-DMD!

BDS-DMD said:
You have to understand that Univ of Ill has residency as one of their REQUIREMENT. So thats totally different.

Ok that makes sense. But then why few of the PASS students currently and previously insist about the residency status in other colleges too like NYU, Penn, BU, Pacific Arthur....??? They say if you are a perm resident it helps. :confused:

Being a permanent resident does help but is not required. Wouldn't you like to keep the dental graduate in your state?

Hey Balldan,
When did you go for your interview? Which faculty members(which department) took your interview?

Thanks a bunch. I'm sure your feedback will help all of us who are yet to take it.

dentistcs

balldan said:
Balldan:No practical test. Just 3 personal interviews conducted by various faculty

Thanx BDS-DMD!

hi dentistcs,
ure mistaken...tht was posted by BDS-DMD to which i replied....i have'nt been to the interview.

balldan said:
hi BDS-DMD,
do they have prac. exam 4 the PASS interview??
hi
i am interested to apply to the same school and have the same question,pls let me know too.

hi
i heard that upenn do not give adm to students who r in mid of any course. is that true????????????
what is the last date for application?
any comment ???

dear bds-dmd, i am taking my part one in mid october, can u please tell me what schools do i have left to apply for the 2006 year admission?
thanks in advance

Hi,
Can u post any information ,about your interview at penn( sept20)
Thanks, & good luck
GN

cani said:
hello everyone
i am knew here i just got an interview call from upenn and its on 20th sep.I am little bit nervous have heard it is one of the best schools and i really wish to get into it. If anyone would like to give some tips for the interview i would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck for your upcoming interview (Sept 23rd) :thumbup:
Kindly post interview details when you are done ..
it will help a lot of students here......
Thanks
GN

gamecock1 said:
Just now I got interview call letter from U Penn. My interview is scheduled on 09/23. Are there anyone in the same boat?

Does Upenn , Bu and NYu need the permanent degree certificate while applying and interview or provisional is good? I am thinking of applying with my old scores before taking part 1 again. But I wont get my permanent dgree till jan next year. Please help me my posting your info. THanks

I wish I would have known about this site before. It is so nice to see how everyone helps each other so politely and without expecting anything in return..... Its great!!!

Gaura Nitai said:
Hey guys..

maybe the student was misinformed..give him a break will ya :D
and please do not start another thread on upenn..if you do a search ..too many thread on " Upenn" already..is there and it is not active ..lets keep this thread moving ..as many students have already posted their interview call dates on this thread..
Thanks
GN

Thanks for understanding Gaura.
I was told on this forum itself that my score is not very good and I need to retake. But I still put in my applications. After I got the interview call I was so happy.
When I asked few of my friends who hav taken this exam too. They insisted that if score is not good then it is your residency status that counts. But for me right now what is more important is the interview.
I hope it goes well. A lot in my life depends on me getting into school next year.
Thanks once again....All the very best to you

i havent applied to upenn though....shall i with 87 score???

finish line said:
i havent applied to upenn though....shall i with 87 score???
hey,
i think u should apply to upenn definitely....bcoz most of the schools here especially upenn look not only for scores, but ur application as a whole...scores are vital, but other credentials too can strengthen ur application,and if the admission committee feels that u are a worthy candidate, u definitely can get admitted...so my sugestion to u is to go ahead and apply to upenn soon.
good luck.

finish line said:
Thanks for understanding Gaura.
I was told on this forum itself that my score is not very good and I need to retake. But I still put in my applications. After I got the interview call I was so happy.
When I asked few of my friends who hav taken this exam too. They insisted that if score is not good then it is your residency status that counts. But for me right now what is more important is the interview.
I hope it goes well. A lot in my life depends on me getting into school next year.
Thanks once again....All the very best to you

Yes I agree finish line!!! Even I have read and heard same views.....Well, I guess different people have different views. But BDS DMD said its not true. And I believe he/she is a PASS student at UPenn.
All the best for yr application to Upenn.
I hope you get all what you've planned and it works out well for you. :thumbup:

BDS-DMD said:
If any one needs any help,please let me know. I will be more than glad to help you.

Oh ya,please do not ask "What do they ask in the interview?"

Just be yourself!

All the best.

u sound like a helpful person (tho i do notice lots of those around on this forum) so i'm going to ask u - i'm new to this forum, new to the u.s and a recent dental grad from south america; in other words, a blundering fool. everyone seems to be applying left, right and center into an advanced standing program or internships and even externships. i'm applying for aegd and pediatric dent. am i doing something wrong?
also, how does someone like me get a loan should i need one?

- bubbles25

hi guys
pls tell me when did u applied.
ive applied in early september n curious why i didnt got call letter. my stats r 89 part 1 n 273 toefl. do i have chance

thanks
good luck to all

bubbles25 said:
u sound like a helpful person (tho i do notice lots of those around on this forum) so i'm going to ask u - i'm new to this forum, new to the u.s and a recent dental grad from south america; in other words, a blundering fool. everyone seems to be applying left, right and center into an advanced standing program or internships and even externships. i'm applying for aegd and pediatric dent. am i doing something wrong?
also, how does someone like me get a loan should i need one?

- bubbles25

Hi

First of all,this forum is the best place for all of us. The main reason everyone is trying for an advanced standing program is that you need an US degree to get a license. I know that some states allow you to take the licensing exam if you do a residency, I think the WREB allows you.

Are you a US Permanent Resident? If so, you might get a federal loan. You might need a co-signer who is a US PR or citizen though. If not,you can get a private loan but you definitely need a Co-signer for that.

Hi,
Iam giving the part-1 exam in mid october and i can apply only once i get my scores,(that too depending upon the scores)..Can anyone tell me if i would be able to apply for UPenn and BU and NYU? because i think their deadlines are in jan and feb..do they even consider last minute applications? any chance of getting call from them for 2006 session..i mean are the late applications considered?or should i apply for2007 year only..please reply,
thanks.

Hi,
ECE evaluation and NDB score report to the universities have to be sent by the organisations or by us..?do we have to get the reports and then send them along with the application or do the universities want them to come straight from the organisations.I thik TOEFL scores are sent directly to the universities ..Can someone throw some light on this?
thanks

As far as applying is concerned, go ahead and apply as far as you are within the deadline. People have been called for the interview on the last day of the year and got in. So if you feel your score is good enough,go ahead and apply.

As far the three documents are concerned, call up each school and ask them if they need it directly from the respectove organisation or if you can send notarized copies.

All the best.

Hey guys,

I have my interview on 20th of October at UPENN. Anybody (Girl) at the same time, intrested in sharing room, mail me at [email protected]

hi thre ,

NOLLS
congratulations on ur interview call
can u pls put up ur stats

BDS-DMD said:
As far as applying is concerned, go ahead and apply as far as you are within the deadline. People have been called for the interview on the last day of the year and got in. So if you feel your score is good enough,go ahead and apply.

As far the three documents are concerned, call up each school and ask them if they need it directly from the respectove organisation or if you can send notarized copies.

All the best.

Thanks a lot BDS-DMD..Your advice is helpful.

I just came back from Upenn. As BDS DMD told earlier, "Be yourself at the interview". Very true. Difficult to do that as you are so anxious and tensed.... It was an exceptional experience. The faculty, staff and students were very helpful and encouraging.
All the best to all those who are yet to go for their interviews.

Can someone who applied PENN answer this question?
I read this paragraph in PENNE website "1.Official transcripts from the dental school where you graduated. Notarized copies of official transcripts must include courses taken and the grade received for each course and/or the results of annual qualifying exams. Non-English transcripts must be translated and notarized. Translations must be done by an official translator. 2.Notarized copy of the E.C.E. or W.E.S. Course-by-Course Evaluation report.

Questions
1. What is the difference between point1 and 2?
2. Besides ECE evaluation, do we need to send another notarized copy of official transcripts? I am really confused. I think the notarized copy of official transcripts is the same thing as ECE evaluation.

Thanks.

Dentist2005 said:
Can someone who applied PENN answer this question?
I read this paragraph in PENNE website "1.Official transcripts from the dental school where you graduated. Notarized copies of official transcripts must include courses taken and the grade received for each course and/or the results of annual qualifying exams. Non-English transcripts must be translated and notarized. Translations must be done by an official translator. 2.Notarized copy of the E.C.E. or W.E.S. Course-by-Course Evaluation report.

Questions
1. What is the difference between point1 and 2?
2. Besides ECE evaluation, do we need to send another notarized copy of official transcripts? I am really confused. I think the notarized copy of official transcripts is the same thing as ECE evaluation.

Thanks.

No they are different. Transcript is given to you by your respective dental school or university. It will have number of hours per subject, marks , position in class etc.
And ECE report is what Ece evaluates with yr credentials of which yr dental school transcript is a part of the credentials.
Hope this helps.

Hi friends,

Can anybody tell me whats the minmum toefl score needed to apply to upenn? It doesnt say anywhere on the website. Also what is a reasonably decent toefl score for any university? Please help me with this, its important.

Thank you
:confused:

dentistjas said:
Hi friends,

Can anybody tell me whats the minmum toefl score needed to apply to upenn? It doesnt say anywhere on the website. Also what is a reasonably decent toefl score for any university? Please help me with this, its important.

Thank you
Upenn dont know (call up and find out)but 250 is absolute basic for most others.

divya said:
Upenn dont know (call up and find out)but 250 is absolute basic for most others.

Thank you Divya for your advice. :)

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Shivi
This is a thread only for UPENN interview calls..!!!
Why are you posting your question here!!??
.Kindly direct your post to a relevant thread..do not post your part 1 query here...(read before you post)!!! :rolleyes:
Good Luck :luck:
GN
hi gaura seems like u know much about upenn.i got 87%,toefl-233,gpa-3.06,i have done my post graduation in oral surgery,presently working in jamaica as an senior resident,i am going to send my application to upenn on 3rd october.i would like to know if you can let me know my chances for the dental schools in u.s or upenn.reply is highly appreciated.

Hi,

Anymore interviews at penn ..anyone?..
seems this thread is not active.. :)
Kindly post ur interview experiences
GN

hi mr. bds dmd
it is really nice u are helping applicants with ur information. i have applied too.just apprehensive about the whole thing.ur information is really helpful.

thanks
monika
BDS-DMD said:
If any one needs any help,please let me know. I will be more than glad to help you.

Oh ya,please do not ask "What do they ask in the interview?"

Just be yourself!

All the best.

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi,

Anymore interviews at penn ..anyone?..
seems this thread is not active.. :)
Kindly post ur interview experiences
GN
The pm i wrote to u was in response to this thread.
sunita

Hi Sunita,
Well good luck on the results ...yeah so many threads are active i didn't know which school u are talking about .
.but i did guess it must be penn ..
GN

Sunita Kaul said:
The pm i wrote to u was in response to this thread.
sunita

BDS-DMD said:
I am a PASS student at Penn. I can recommend a good hotel to you. I think it costs less than $100 for a double room. Check up "The Windsor Hotel"
hi bds-dmd i have taken my part 1 and got 87%.i applied to upenn in 1st week of october.my toefl score is 233.i am working as senior resident in the dept of maxillofacial suregry in jamaica.my ece g.p.a.is 3.06.would you please advice me of my chances in up3enn and anyother universities.i have applied to nyu,michiogan etc.reply will be appreciated.

dentistjas said:
Hi friends,

Thank you
it is 233 i called the admissions and found out.decent scores would be 237 you can apply for most universities except boston.

hey

what about nyu?
is it a must to have 237
will 233 will not be sufficient
what do it mean-237 decent score
but according to website of nyu it is 233
please let me know

praveen

meverick said:
it is 233 i called the admissions and found out.decent scores would be 237 you can apply for most universities except boston.

hey

what about nyu?
is it a must to have 237
but according to website of nyu it is 230
please let me know

praveen

meverick said:

hi guys,
Finally i have recieved an interview call from upenn it's in nov.can anybody tell me how to prepare for it.what do they ask in three interviews is it from dentistry course. people who have already taken interview please reply at the earliest.

mahima_dentist said:
Thanks a lot BDS-DMD..Your advice is helpful.
hi r u from davangere if so when did you graduate.iam from davangere and graduated in 1995-96.so what r u doing now,did u take ur ndbe -1 if so what colleges are u applying.may i know ur scores.reply appreciated.

meverick said:
Thanks a ton Meverick. Your information was really very helpful. Thanks a lot again. All the best to you :thumbup:

Hello friends!
Did anybody get an acceptance, rejection or waiting list letter from Upenn? When shall one expect to hear from them?

Hi, bob123, could you tell us when you submitted your application? I did mine in the middle of Sep, and am still waiting for the interview letter for the school.

Wish you the best of luck with the interview!

prvn said:
hey

what about nyu?
is it a must to have 237
but according to website of nyu it is 233
please let me know

praveen
for nyu it is only 230 not 233.decent score in the sense that you can apply to lot of schjools except 2 schools.