U Penn interview call letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock1

gamecock
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just now I got interview call letter from U Penn. My interview is scheduled on 09/23. Are there anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be great if you could post your statistics.

gamecock1 said:
Just now I got interview call letter from U Penn. My interview is scheduled on 09/23. Are there anyone in the same boat?
Is the intervie for year 2006. When did you apply? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
If any one needs any help,please let me know. I will be more than glad to help you.

Oh ya,please do not ask "What do they ask in the interview?"

Just be yourself!

All the best.

doc_mi said:
Is the intervie for year 2006. When did you apply? thanks
yes, the interview is for 2006 batch. I applied in the last week of June. My stats are
NBDE part 1: 89
TOEFL: 257

BDS-DMD said:
If any one needs any help,please let me know. I will be more than glad to help you.

Just be yourself!

All the best.
hi,
can we apply in mid sep for upenn? any idea how many seats they have this yr?
thnks

gamecock1 said:
hi
i also got interview call but on 9/13 any thing specific u preparing or any info u wud like to share .wat all u taking along with for interview ??
thanks

I don't know about the no of seats but you can apply on the last day and still have a chance.

guys who got the mail for interview, can u please tell me if u received it by regular mail or fedex?

denzel said:
guys who got the mail for interview, can u please tell me if u received it by regular mail or fedex?

Hi,
I received an interview letter too.It was just a regular mail envelope.......
treasure

Hi Treasure and Dentexpression,
Good luck on ur interviews...if u dont mind,can u pls post ur scores...others who have got an interview call, pls post ur scores too...
thanks and good luck again!
rtvj

treasure said:
Hi,
I received an interview letter too.It was just a regular mail envelope.......
treasure

my stats;
part1 :91
Toefl:300
Treasure

What are teh cahnces for a reapplicant to be accepted in penn?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat !
good luck to everybody !

did anyone else get an interview letter?
i am hoping to get a call soon

any news from any one?

i have 86% NDB Part 1
TOEFL 260 essay 5
GPA 3.1 ECE evalution

can anyone tell me honestly if i have any chances of getting into UPENN
i have been working as a dental assistant for 2 yrs now and also am taking some MS courses. this is my situation ... pls guys let me know what are my chances

az646 said:
i have 86% NDB Part 1
TOEFL 260 essay 5
GPA 3.1 ECE evalution

can anyone tell me honestly if i have any chances of getting into UPENN
i have been working as a dental assistant for 2 yrs now and also am taking some MS courses. this is my situation ... pls guys let me know what are my chances

can u please throw some light on MS courses. what are they?
thanks

Hi, Denzel,

Did u get a call? any news anyone??
GN

denzel said:
did anyone else get an interview letter?
i am hoping to get a call soon

any news from any one?

hi
please post if u have recieved interview call.
waiting to hear back from school.
thanks

BDS-DMD said:

Just be yourself!

All the best.

Thanks for the help you've offered to all of us.I also got an interview cal letter. 27 of sept. Are u already enrolled in a DDS program or still apllying like the rest of us? Is International house a good place tp stay during the interview?

hi dentistjas,
good luck on ur interview!! cud u pls tell us ur stats?and when u applied ??
thanx.
balldan.

dentistjas said:
Thanks for the help you've offered to all of us.I also got an interview cal letter. 27 of sept. Are u already enrolled in a DDS program or still apllying like the rest of us? Is International house a good place tp stay during the interview?

I am a PASS student at Penn. I can recommend a good hotel to you. I think it costs less than $100 for a double room. Check up "The Windsor Hotel"

hi BDS-DMD,
do they have prac. exam 4 the PASS interview??

balldan said:
hi dentistjas,
good luck on ur interview!! cud u pls tell us ur stats?and when u applied ??
thanx.
balldan.

Thanks for yr rregards. I am a permanent resident. My stats are--88 part1 and 280 toefl. I think my residency status got me an interview cal. I applied end of august.

BDS-DMD said:
I am a PASS student at Penn. I can recommend a good hotel to you. I think it costs less than $100 for a double room. Check up "The Windsor Hotel"

Thank you. Hey do you know Natasha? She did her BDS from Karnataka, India. She was my senior there and is in upenn now.

BDS-DMD said:

Just be yourself!

All the best.

your PM box is overflowing and won't accept any further messages untill u clear a few.

thanx dentistjas! keep us posted on how the interview goes...all the best again!
balldan.

:confused:
i applied in july ,haven't heard from upenn. Dentistjas applied in August ,already have interview letter.
Please let me know do they conferm that ur application is complete and will be reviewed. coz i didn't get letter since i applied.
please give ur feedback regarding this........

thanks guys

Mask said:
i applied in july ,haven't heard from upenn. Dentistjas applied in August ,already have interview letter.
Please let me know do they conferm that ur application is complete and will be reviewed. coz i didn't get letter since i applied.

thanks guys

No they don't. They either send an intv letter or a rejection letter. I called them up (last year) to find out if my application was complete. Good luck.

Balldan:No practical test. Just 3 personal interviews conducted by various faculty.

dentisjas: Don't make such statements. Your residency status has nothing to do with your call.

This is a classic example of misinformation on SDN about UPenn.

Some time around Nov-Dec some one will write in saying all seats at UPenn are full. Utter crap. Why would they call people till end of Feb if the seats are full by Dec? Also about the number of seats? No one knows. The school will not tell any one. But some one will write in saying this year they have reduced the seats to half. Unless some one can say who at Penn told them that,please don't say something like this.

I think I will start a separate thread for this

BDS-DMD said:
........................I think I will start a separate thread for this

Good on you. Please do. Thanks.

Hey guys..

maybe the student was misinformed..give him a break will ya :D
and please do not start another thread on upenn..if you do a search ..too many thread on " Upenn" already..is there and it is not active ..lets keep this thread moving ..as many students have already posted their interview call dates on this thread..
Thanks
GN

rahmed said:
Good on you. Please do. Thanks.

Hi Mask,

Why don't you call them and they might tell you info regarding your application status.
Thanks
GN

Mask said:

thanks guys

gamecock1 said:
yes, the interview is for 2006 batch. I applied in the last week of June. My stats are
NBDE part 1: 89
TOEFL: 257
hi there
i also got interview call for upenn schedule in coming few days and i am nervous abt it . so if anybody wud like to share their views with me ;wat kind of prep u have done and if u know something outstanding abt upenn n their programe
i wud appreciate it
thanks

Hi,
Can u post your stats and also what date is your interview at Upenn?
GN

dentexpression said:
hi there
i also got interview call for upenn schedule in coming few days and i am nervous abt it . so if anybody wud like to share their views with me ;wat kind of prep u have done and if u know something outstanding abt upenn n their programe
i wud appreciate it
thanks

dentistjas said:
Thank you. Hey do you know Natasha? She did her BDS from Karnataka, India. She was my senior there and is in upenn now.

i got my interview call for UPEN.it is on 4 oct.can u share as to how u r preparing for it.
sunita

Hi Sunita,
When did u apply to upenn? and what are ur stats? Are u a reapplicant?
Thanks
TZ

Sunita Kaul said:
i got my interview call for UPEN.it is on 4 oct.can u share as to how u r preparing for it.
sunita

Toothzone said:
Hi Sunita,
When did u apply to upenn? and what are ur stats? Are u a reapplicant?
Thanks
TZ
i applied in ist week of july for the ist time.my score is 94 ,toefl 253,Gpa 3.83
sunita

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi,
Can u post your stats and also what date is your interview at Upenn?
GN
hi there
nbde part 1 88
toefl 263
keeping my finger crossed ,will definately post my views after interview .
thanks
anybody on the thread got some info abt upenn and their interview ,kindly post ur views and also let students know abt the ........which hotel will be feasible and how to get to the university

dentexpression said:
hi there
nbde part 1 88
toefl 263
keeping my finger crossed ,will definately post my views after interview .
thanks
anybody on the thread got some info abt upenn and their interview ,kindly post ur views and also let students know abt the ........which hotel will be feasible and how to get to the university

Check this website

http://www.libertynet.org/fdipmm/contact/contactx.html
Divine Tracy Hotel is economical ($45/ day including taxes) and it is just 0.6 miles from the place of interview.

Hi

When you got the interview call letter from Penn ...they must have also sent the hotel information along with that.!!!.why don't you look into that? and call up a few places and maybe you can get a good rate.
Good Luck !!!....:luck:
TZ

dentexpression said:
thnks gamecock
i missed divine tracy;all booked thanks for info
any other hotel closeby to interview place?

hello there guys i would like to ask you all do i have any chance with score of 86 in upenn or any other school like bu or nyu

BDS-DMD said:
Balldan:No practical test. Just 3 personal interviews conducted by various faculty.

dentisjas: Don't make such statements. Your residency status has nothing to do with your call.

This is a classic example of misinformation on SDN about UPenn.

Some time around Nov-Dec some one will write in saying all seats at UPenn are full. Utter crap. Why would they call people till end of Feb if the seats are full by Dec? Also about the number of seats? No one knows. The school will not tell any one. But some one will write in saying this year they have reduced the seats to half. Unless some one can say who at Penn told them that,please don't say something like this.

I think I will start a separate thread for this

Hello,
I have just becum a memeber here. Plnning to take my exam 2nd time this year. Last year A couple of my frieds told me that residency status is important. Infact univ of Illinois staff said that to me personally..... After reading views here I am confused????
Thanks

You have to understand that Univ of Ill has residency as one of their REQUIREMENT. So thats totally different.

hello everyone
i am knew here i just got an interview call from upenn and its on 20th sep.I am little bit nervous have heard it is one of the best schools and i really wish to get into it. If anyone would like to give some tips for the interview i would really appreciate it.

hey guys,
all the best to all of u going 4 the interviews.!!
:luck: :thumbup:
balldan

Hi Shivi
This is a thread only for UPENN interview calls..!!!
Why are you posting your question here!!??
.Kindly direct your post to a relevant thread..do not post your part 1 query here...(read before you post)!!! :rolleyes:
Good Luck :luck:
GN

Shivi said:
Could you please let me know as to what books to refer to start off my prep for part I?

Shivi said:
Could you please let me know as to what books to refer to start off my prep for part I?

Welcome to SDN... I see that you are new here :) ... If you look through all the threads you will get a lot of information... but it all comes down to Kaplan, Dental decks and ASDA papers. You can get them from the websites. Good luck!!