U Penn interview call letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Guys,

No........ nothing yet for me also. Maybe we might hear something by the end of next week......that is if we are lucky.

From my understanding of other posts some students were told that the results will be out by the first week of March at the latest.

So I feel anything beyond this is really pushing it. Good luck guys....I am sure some of us will hear soon but remember don't set yourself up for a long fall......... :laugh:

Bye.

Hey,

You're right. I called them up and they said we'd know early next week. Didn't have the guts to ask if it meant a rejection as they had said we'd know this week. Anyway, I have mentally prepared myself for the worst. Running to the mailbox each day and finding it empty each time is very draining emotionally

JAKE. said:
Hi Guys,

No........ nothing yet for me also. Maybe we might hear something by the end of next week......that is if we are lucky.

From my understanding of other posts some students were told that the results will be out by the first week of March at the latest.

So I feel anything beyond this is really pushing it. Good luck guys....I am sure some of us will hear soon but remember don't set yourself up for a long fall......... :laugh:

Bye.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talal said:
Hey,

You're right. I called them up and they said we'd know early next week. Didn't have the guts to ask if it meant a rejection as they had said we'd know this week. Anyway, I have mentally prepared myself for the worst. Running to the mailbox each day and finding it empty each time is very draining emotionally

hi talal,
i agree with you, it is very depressing running to the mailbox and calling fedex people 3 times a day and getting nothing, today also i called upenn, n they said that they have mailed out all letters............upenn is the only interview i had this year, coz of my low score and no hope from there too.........talal u hav an amazing score, please tell me how you prepared for it, i wanna get a good score too and then apply to columbia for this year as it is the last one for this year..........i am so depressed .......i am even considering the options of donig residencies.....

godbless said:
hi talal,
i agree with you, it is very depressing running to the mailbox and calling fedex people 3 times a day and getting nothing, today also i called upenn, n they said that they have mailed out all letters............upenn is the only interview i had this year, coz of my low score and no hope from there too.........talal u hav an amazing score, please tell me how you prepared for it, i wanna get a good score too and then apply to columbia for this year as it is the last one for this year..........i am so depressed .......i am even considering the options of donig residencies.....
Now, you are saying that they told you that UPENN sent out all letters and Talal was told that next week.
Isn't that something. :wow: :smuggrin: :eek:
jojo

I think they just mailed all letter today, and we have to wait. This time is killing me! :scared:

Good Luck everyone :luck:

Godbless relax. I think you are partially responsible for putting everyone in panic mode :) We will know very soon. At least it is a relatively brief wait compared to other places.

About the prep, nothing unique. Same old formula. Kaplan, decks and papers. I'm sure you can improve your score.

Good Luck

godbless said:
hi talal,

I dont want to depress anybody...
I got accepted in UPENN, and today I received e-mail for the health forms, anyway the e-mail was forwarded to 32 other students....
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Talal said:
Godbless relax. I think you are partially responsible for putting everyone in panic mode :) We will know very soon. At least it is a relatively brief wait compared to other places.

About the prep, nothing unique. Same old formula. Kaplan, decks and papers. I'm sure you can improve your score.

Good Luck

hey wassup?congrats on ur acceptance!no u r not depressing anyone....u have already depressed everyone out here!r u aware of it?moreover since when did upenn started sending emails??and to top it did upenn disclose to u that they have already selected 32 candidates?i never knew u r in the admissions commitee! :laugh: moreover u cannot know if it is sent to 32 people as generally the recipients r not disclosed!u get that? ;)
shraz said:
I got accepted in UPENN, and today I received e-mail for the health forms, anyway the e-mail was forwarded to 32 other students....

fido! said:
hey wassup?congrats on ur acceptance!no u r not depressing anyone....u have already depressed everyone out here!r u aware of it?moreover since when did upenn started sending emails??and to top it did upenn disclose to u that they have already selected 32 candidates?i never knew u r in the admissions commitee! :laugh: moreover u cannot know if it is sent to 32 people as generally the recipients r not disclosed!u get that? ;)

well said fido :thumbup:

no of 32 :idea: he is talking abt teeth in the oral cavity

Hi! Everyone, I got a rejection letter from upenn yesterday.
Good luck to those waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
shraz said:
Well, I think that FIRST you have to receive your FedEx that you are accepted, then later you will receive your e-mail about those healthforms.
So you are wrong. :thumbdown:
jojo

bluefairy said:
Hi! Everyone, I got a rejection letter from upenn yesterday.
Good luck to those waiting.
I'm sorry to hear that, bluefairy. Don't loose your faith, your time will come. If you think you need improvement to achieve your goal, then go ahead and do it. I wish you good luck.
jojo

jojo-Z said:
Well, I think that FIRST you have to receive your FedEx that you are accepted, then later you will receive your e-mail about those healthforms.
So you are wrong. :thumbdown:
jojo
Everybody freeze,

I think what the poor shraz was saying is.......

1. he has already got his FEDEX......maybe a week ago.
2. Now... he has received an e-mail regarding his health forms which has also been forwarded to 32 other students.......hence 32 student have already been selected. So don't bother waiting.

I think this is what the post by shraz means.

Bye.

shraz said:
hi shraz,
congrats for ur acceptance, maybe u got the fedex already and now u got the email,PLEASE TELL US THE NAME SOF OTHER 32 PEOPLE THAT HAV BEEN FORWARDED THE EMAIL TOO, SINCE U QUOTED THAT U KNOW THAT, it will help many people, so please do reply..........we all request you.thanks

Talal said:

Good Luck
hi talal,
WATCH YOUR TONGUE,i only asked for advice for retaking part 1, not your bulls**t.i didnt put anyone in the panic mode, and you are in a position to relax coz u hav a safe score, thank god for that, and keep your mouth shut.many like me dunt have a safe score, so it is natural for us to be nervous.kindly understand that.
further for your information I have been very informative, telling everyone what the upenn people told me in first person over the phone.your comments can prevent people from coming up with first hand information,so hold yourself back.

jojo-Z said:
Now, you are saying that they told you that UPENN sent out all letters and Talal was told that next week.
Isn't that something. :wow: :smuggrin: :eek:
jojo
hi jojo,
you have to understand that people here r posting what they r told on the phone when they call upenn,they can be told diff things at diff times.
i dun tknow what talal has been told, but i beleive what they told me on the phone, and i posted here honestly and with no changes.
lets all of us keep our kool, and not be at daggers drawn with eachother,and remember that all of us are free to post our views and we take no threats.

I think everyone here is anxious and tense. We are in the same boat, pls try to not be upset at each other.

At least we are in the same profession! ;)

With Love,

Drfun :love:

jojo-Z said:
I'm sorry to hear that, bluefairy. Don't loose your faith, your time will come. If you think you need improvement to achieve your goal, then go ahead and do it. I wish you good luck.
jojo

Thanks Jojo-Z
In a way it was good to recieve their decision. I can carryon with my prep for part 2 with a clear mind.

fido! said:
Pls dont shoot the messenger....Shraz was trying to help .
I also received the email and as shraz said the mail also went to 32 other recepients.Good luck to everybody :thumbup:

divya said:
Pls dont shoot the messenger....Shraz was trying to help .
I also received the email and as shraz said the mail also went to 32 other recepients.Good luck to everybody :thumbup:
hi divya,
does that mean they hav already chosen the final 32 people ???? and there will be no more acceptances????
can u give those 32 names u see on your email list????

shraz said:
hi shraz,
u r not depressing anyone, u r just being so polite.........can u tell us when did u receive your fedex man????

I have a sinking feeling that shraz is right. We were told that the final class size would be 30, so I guess it does make sense. Thanks shraz, for posting this info.

As far as one member of this forum is concerned, who launched a scathing attack on me, well, I don't think it warrants a response (besides I have other things to do than pick fights with girls). Not that I don't know similar four letter words, but that I don't want to unnecessarily divert our attention from the key issue.

Anyway, it seems we will know by Monday/ Tuesday.

godbless said:
hi divya,
does that mean they hav already chosen the final 32 people ???? and there will be no more acceptances????
can u give those 32 names u see on your email list????
I am sorry i do not think that it is right to give out others email id's on a public forum.
The email only had student health and vaccination forms ,but I do not want to speculate whether the 32 this mail was sent to is the final class or not.Such speculation will only lead to people getting worried.
I really Wish all the luck in the world to all of you out there waiting :thumbup:

Like Divya said, don't shoot the messenger. I got the email for the immunization forms as well and it did have 32 email addresses so basically what shraz is trying to say is that if u haven't received that email, unfortunately u probably won't be receiving the fedex. For those of u who said "since when did upenn start emailing . . . " , well there is only a month left til school starts and they probably just wanted to get all the new people who have been accepted on par with everyone else ASAP. (hence the emails). Also, it is not ethical for shraz or anyone who received the email to disclose the identity of the other people on the email list . . . some of those people are not SDNers and their privacy should be respected. It really stinks if u didn't get the email but i guess it's better than waiting anxiously. Good luck to all of u still waiting to hear from schools . . . something will work out! Be positive and never give up!!

Talal said:
I have a sinking feeling that shraz is right. We were told that the final class size would be 30, so I guess it does make sense. Thanks shraz, for posting this info.

As far as one member of this forum is concerned, who launched a scathing attack on me, well, I don't think it warrants a response (besides I have other things to do than pick fights with girls). Not that I don't know similar four letter words, but that I don't want to unnecessarily divert our attention from the key issue.

Anyway, it seems we will know by Monday/ Tuesday.
hi talal,
kindly go back and read what you wrote for me in the first place, and you get back what you give, and noone wants to attack you, we got better things todo in life tooo.its nice to know that u intend to be focussed on admissions only now onwards and not divert your attention to making remarkks like"you made everybudy panic godbless".thanks buddy.we appreciate your generosity :D :thumbup: :luck:

thanks flosser, shraz and divya for reporting the facts so politely..........all the best you u guys in upenn :thumbup:
i got my rejection letter just now, so the wait ends. :oops:

I got my rejection today.Good luck to others.

i also got my rejection letter today,i was interviewed on 14th feb.Goodluck to everyone.
tc,bye

shraz said:
fido and mkha.....
No Comment....
:cool:
i`m so sorry for all who received the rejection letters.I know the filling unfortunately, but you know what? Anything what does`n let you down it makes you Stronger.
Heads up , next time will be our turn. :)

shraz said:
fido and mkha.....
No Comment....

I am sorry shraz ,They sent the health forms to ppl selected via email , without senting rejection letters to the ppl who appeared for the interview, which triggered a substance of doubt all around .

i'm really sorry shraz for all i said!i cant take it back what i said!if posible forget abt the whole episode!i wish u all the best for a bright future!take care! ;) :thumbup:
shraz said:
fido and mkha.....
No Comment....

Nevio said:
i`m so sorry for all who received the rejection letters.I know the filling unfortunately, but you know what? Anything what does`n let you down it makes you Stronger.
Heads up , next time will be our turn. :)
hi nevio,
u said it right,Anything what does`n let you down it makes you Stronger.
but u know somthing intersting, this is the tatto on angelina jolie's pregnant belly in latin............so we agree with angelina!!!! :D :laugh:

godbless said:
hi nevio,
u said it right,Anything what does`n let you down it makes you Stronger.
but u know somthing intersting, this is the tatto on angelina jolie's pregnant belly in latin............so we agree with angelina!!!! :D :laugh:
actually, her tatoo reads in latin " what nourishes me also destroys me"... :D

Hi all,
I havent recieved anything from Penn till date.I called them today to inquire and got to know that I have been waitlisted and I might get the letter by today or tomorrow..Does anyone has any idea of the procedure they follow to decide which person would be given a chance at the first go from the waitlist if someone drops out?

All the best to everyone relying on the waitlist :D

Thanks

Isn't there anyone who has an admit besides shraz and cementum.........?for the last batch they interviewed in the last 2 mths..........
:confused:

congrats mahima!anywayz..u r already accepted at bu,right?
mahima_dentist said:
Hi all,
I havent recieved anything from Penn till date.I called them today to inqire and got to know that I have been waitlisted and I might get the letter by today or tomorrow..Does anyone has any idea of the procedure they follow to decide which person would be given a chance at the first go from the waitlist if someone drops out?

All the best to everyone relying on the waitlist :D

Thanks

Yes fido.. I have already been accepted at BU but was just curious about my UPenn status so called them to check what has happened to my application..
Good Luck to everyone else.

Well guys......I got my rejection letter from penn today.....so long folks!!! :laugh:

This whole Advanced standing Process makes me laugh :smuggrin: I just don't know how people make it?????

Bye and good luck to others........

mahima_dentist said:
Hey
So are you joining BU? Congrats for the acceptance! :thumbup:
When did you interview at UPENN and when did you get the waitlist letter
Just curious
Thanx

:( hey guys i received my rejection letter yesterday. i felt bad, but told myself that i had learnt from my interview experience. anywayz to those of u selected :cool: i wish u good luck at the school.

All the very best to those who still have hopes with UPENN. Hope you guys make it there. It is an awesome univ. :thumbup:

Received my rejection letter today as well...

dentistjas said:
All the very best to those who still have hopes with UPENN. Hope you guys make it there. It is an awesome univ. :thumbup:

Same to me.
Got my rejection yesterday. :mad: :confused:
Good luck to everyone.
jojo