Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anybody had Alamelu Sundaresan before? i taking him for vertebrate anatomy in the fall of 08 and want to know what he is like. thanks in advanced

and tsu isnt offering any physics for pharmacy classes in the fall of 08 at all! so i guess im going to have to take it during the summer 2 term with Wilkerson, however it will cost me over 900 dollars for just 4 hours and not including gas from sugar land each day.

i think that is pretty messed up that tsu will only offer 1 vertebrate anatomy class and 0 physics for pharmacy for the fall of 08

Dr. Sundaresan is a woman... its' pretty much a blow off class, I really didn't study too much and got an A. Most people get B's, few people get C's... and if someone gets below that person should change their major

And yea, if u can work on a carpool out where your from theres PLENTY people from Sugar land commuting to TSU evrday, maybe 40% of the student body in the Science building commutes.

And lastly, for Physics.. if Wilkerson is an instructor, take him, he's the best in the department as far as learning and easyness.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Sundaresan is a woman... its' pretty much a blow off class, I really didn't study too much and got an A. Most people get B's, few people get C's... and if someone gets below that person should change their major

And yea, if u can work on a carpool out where your from theres PLENTY people from Sugar land commuting to TSU evrday, maybe 40% of the student body in the Science building commutes.

And lastly, for Physics.. if Wilkerson is an instructor, take him, he's the best in the department as far as learning and easyness.

that is good to hear and i guess the only thing i have to worry about now for the fall is organic chem. there are 3 different classes in the fall with sapp and two TBAs and i think im heading towards just picking a TBA that fits my schedule since sapp is at 8am in the morning. and as far as physics for pharmacy i think im just going to gamble and hope there will be at least one class for it in the spring. and thanks for the heads up on Sundaresan

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster :hello:. I got in :) Letter was dated 4/11. It took USPS 4 days to deliver a mail 15 miles :mad:. Regardless, I'm very happy!! :p. My interview was early February. Needless to say, 2.5 longest months of my life!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone please tell me how to apply to the actual school? I already got accepted, but now they want me to apply to the actual campus. I know I have to go through applytexas common application website. But do I apply as a graduate student? Or an undergrad with pre-pharm as my major? There's no option for Pharmacy or anything health related when I go to apply as a graduate student. Please help... Also, when is the deadline to do this? haha well thanks!

You apply as undergrad with pre-pharm major. i think you need to do it as soon as possible. it is only take about 30 min.

Can anyone please tell me how to apply to the actual school? I already got accepted, but now they want me to apply to the actual campus. I know I have to go through applytexas common application website. But do I apply as a graduate student? Or an undergrad with pre-pharm as my major? There's no option for Pharmacy or anything health related when I go to apply as a graduate student. Please help... Also, when is the deadline to do this? haha well thanks!

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster :hello:. I got in :) Letter was dated 4/11. It took USPS 4 days to deliver a mail 15 miles :mad:. Regardless, I'm very happy!! :p. My interview was early February. Needless to say, 2.5 longest months of my life!

congratulations! you should be very happy and proud of yourself! :) anyways, do you have any tips or suggestions on anything for those of us who will apply next year?

congratulations! you should be very happy and proud of yourself! :) anyways, do you have any tips or suggestions on anything for those of us who will apply next year?

Be sure to make friends with Ms. Davis.;)

TSU Pharmacy Candidate Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSU Pharmacy Candidate Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Darkghos congrats!! 3rd times a charm right? I wonder if I know you... anyways did you find out by mail today? Or yesterday!? But seriously congrats see, patience pays, as long as you reach your final destination!

Oh yea, and did you find out today, or yesterday? And where do u live in Houston?

well, i just got tired of checking my mail everyday so for the past week i did not check. I went to get the mail today to get my bills so i can pay them and it was in there. I was shocked.. TSU did not let me down afterall.

Thanks everyone for being supportive!!

I guess i dont have to use the 8 ft of rope i bought yesterday afterall.

The letter was stamped the 11th. I got it on the 16th. Like i said i have not check my mail for days because i was giving up hope. I live in houston 15 minutes away from TSU.

That gives hope to some more of us. I will see you at academy this summer!!

Be sure to make friends with Ms. Davis.;)
Don't give him the wrong idea please, lol.

I applied last year and I was on the waiting list. Ms Davis pulled out a stack of about 10 folders and told me if one of these people didn't turn in their letter or whatnot, I'm in. Well, I guessed they all turned in their letter. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I knew my extracurricular activities weren't particularly strong, so I set out to fix it. I spent all summer working in the lab with Dr. Willis, helped setup his lab, play with chemicals and reactions (lab experience, check). I also started volunteering at MD Anderson (hospital experience and volunteer, check). All while I still work at the CVS (pharmacy tech job, check).

Fall semester, I took a full load of classes, including calculus based physics (hint, Dr. Lee is AWESOME!!). It's not required at TSU, but it's required everywhere else. I actually got on Dean's list with 3.7GPA for the fall semester. I also got heavily involved with APhA club, helping out whenever I could. It's actually really helpful because I have learned a lot about the profession, what it is about, and what it takes to become a pharmacist. I have learned that TSU's ad-com tend to like well-rounded individuals. They like to see you do a lot of things well. So, get busy, get involved, get to know your science professors (physics, chemistry, math...etc...) so they will write you a nice letter of rec. later on. Try to find something that set yourself apart, like doing research with a renowned professor at Baylor University, for example. Make sure to apply early, right after winter break is ideal. Anything after February 1st is risky.

Believe me when I say that if I could do it, anybody could. I have changed my major 3 times. And each time, I didn't really give a flying @$#^ about my grades, until I decided on pharmacy and set myself straight.

Congrats everyone~~!!!:thumbup::hardy:

Any Asian got accepted this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give him the wrong idea please, lol.

I applied last year and I was on the waiting list. Ms Davis pulled out a stack of about 10 folders and told me if one of these people didn't turn in their letter or whatnot, I'm in. Well, I guessed they all turned in their letter. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I knew my extracurricular activities weren't particularly strong, so I set out to fix it. I spent all summer working in the lab with Dr. Willis, helped setup his lab, play with chemicals and reactions (lab experience, check). I also started volunteering at MD Anderson (hospital experience and volunteer, check). All while I still work at the CVS (pharmacy tech job, check).

Fall semester, I took a full load of classes, including calculus based physics (hint, Dr. Lee is AWESOME!!). It's not required at TSU, but it's required everywhere else. I actually got on Dean's list with 3.7GPA for the fall semester. I also got heavily involved with APhA club, helping out whenever I could. It's actually really helpful because I have learned a lot about the profession, what it is about, and what it takes to become a pharmacist. I have learned that TSU's ad-com tend to like well-rounded individuals. They like to see you do a lot of things well. So, get busy, get involved, get to know your science professors (physics, chemistry, math...etc...) so they will write you a nice letter of rec. later on. Try to find something that set yourself apart, like doing research with a renowned professor at Baylor University, for example. Make sure to apply early, right after winter break is ideal. Anything after February 1st is risky.

Believe me when I say that if I could do it, anybody could. I have changed my major 3 times. And each time, I didn't really give a flying @$#^ about my grades, until I decided on pharmacy and set myself straight.

i really have a lot of things that need to be done ahead of me then. until a couple of weeks ago, i thought that PCAT score, GPA, and interview were the only things that really mattered. i am not in any clubs, do not work as a pharm tech, or done any volunteer hrs at all.

the only thing i really have going for me is that im set to finish all the prerequisites in two years, in the honors program at TSU, and decent GPA at 3.6. man i feel stupid and so behind already...

Dang...

I'm like the only one that chat in the forum that didn't make it....

Congrats though.........

Does anyone that got letters so far live like in Atascocita/Humble/Kingwood area??????????

Okay roll call for asian here!!! Lets get to know each other so we can study together.

1. Vinh

i'm Asian....vietnamese specifically. And HONESTLY... i have NO idea how or why i got accepted haha. But none the less, I did and i'm very excited to have something to fall back on. I'm still waiting on another letter on May 1st. If i end up going to TSU, I'll see everyone this summer!!! I'm so excited. How old is everyone by the way? I'm only 20.....

no thats not me. what all are your credentials 350z?

i really have a lot of things that need to be done ahead of me then. until a couple of weeks ago, i thought that PCAT score, GPA, and interview were the only things that really mattered. i am not in any clubs, do not work as a pharm tech, or done any volunteer hrs at all.

the only thing i really have going for me is that im set to finish all the prerequisites in two years, in the honors program at TSU, and decent GPA at 3.6. man i feel stupid and so behind already...

Hey whats your name?

Creds:

B.S in Chemistry in May
5yr Tech Exp.
Ronald McDonald Voluteer(active)
Pre-Heath Prof. Club (non-active), because the Ronald McDonald is universal for other programs.

3.23 M/S GPA
2.98 Cumulative w/B.S in Chemistry ==== Avg of 18Hr/semester
PCAT 51% (89 Chem/72 Math /64 Bio/ 35 Verbal /Unspeakable Reading)

.......I am seriously starting to get depressed.......

Creds:

B.S in Chemistry in May
5yr Tech Exp.
Pre-Heath Prof. Club (non-active), because the Ronald McDonald is universal for other programs.

3.23 M/S GPA

the thing is, even though its in may that your graduating, you have not yet to them. PCAT is good, but when i interviewed, no one that was with me had under a 60 PCAT. Your Cumulative GPA is whats killing you. Try your best to get that pass a 3.0 at least. Your experience is great, volunteer superb, but be active in PHPC. Dont give up hope, look at me, i thought i was dead in the water.

Dang...

I'm like the only one that chat in the forum that didn't make it....

Congrats though.........

Does anyone that got letters so far live like in Atacocita/Humble/Kingwood area??????????

Whoohoo someone else from Humble! I got my acceptance letter on Tuesday. But, I'm declining it cuz I got into my top choice

:) Contratulations to all! I'm so happy for yall! See yall at the academy :D.

Creds:

B.S in Chemistry in May
5yr Tech Exp.

3.23 M/S GPA

Don't give up!!! they're still sending out letters I think.

Honestly though, you're stats are pretty good compared to mine. If I can get in, then basically anyone can. Don't lose hope!

Also, is it just me or are they sort of rude? Each time I call to verify my status, they seem to not want to talk to me and give me some sort of attitude....

what do you mean you call to verify your status? who did you talk to?
I was there today to turn in my forms and they were all nice to me.

what do you mean you call to verify your status? who did you talk to?
I was there today to turn in my forms and they were all nice to me.

I mailed my deposit and letter on Tuesday. I sent it as overnight and I called them today to see if they have it. I also wanted to ask them about a class I have to take. I called the number on the letter that is to the office of admissions. I don't know who answered but they seem a bit rude to me. Maybe they were just busy or something. I don't blame them I guess. It is time of the year where everyone is a bit stressed.

It will be a short free summer; summer academy is about a month.
then there is that trip to galveston for a convention that is required.
that's why i am tryng to sqeeze in a cruise and a trip to san fran early in the summer.

dont forget grapvine in dallas

dont forget grapvine in dallas

I think the convention changed to hold at Galveston this year, not at Grapevine, Dallas.
And I paid that 45 bucks already.

hmmm.. my letter says grapvine, maybe there is a mistake. When do we pay the 45 dollars. I only paid my deposit

hmmm.. my letter says grapvine, maybe there is a mistake. When do we pay the 45 dollars. I only paid my deposit

My letter says that the convention is july 17-18 in Galveston. It does not say when you have to pay the 45 dollars but that more info will be given at a later time. congrats to all who got letters recently, i guess we will all meet over the summer.

yeah Mrs. Davis told me there was an error on mines. She said she will send out emails to those who gottent he old letters. Go figure/

My letter says that the convention is july 17-18 in Galveston. It does not say when you have to pay the 45 dollars but that more info will be given at a later time. congrats to all who got letters recently, i guess we will all meet over the summer.

I think you can pay anytime before summer academy to Ms. Owens.

Do you guys know TSU has a campus at medical center? I heard that that campus are for P3 and P4 students. Is that true? So do all lectures in 3rd and 4th year hold at that location?

I think you can pay anytime before summer academy to Ms. Owens.

Do you guys know TSU has a campus at medical center? I heard that that campus are for P3 and P4 students. Is that true? So do all lectures in 3rd and 4th year hold at that location?

Some P3 Lectures, Most P4 lectures

Can anyone tell me what the summer academy is for? I know it starts on the 2nd. I have to take some summer classes but it doesn't end until the 11th. Do you think this is a problem?

Can anyone tell me what the summer academy is for? I know it starts on the 2nd. I have to take some summer classes but it doesn't end until the 11th. Do you think this is a problem?

Summer academy is to give you a heads up on what you are gonna encounter your first semester as a P1. they focus on pharm calculations and chemistry. you will have small lectures and work on problems simply to get you prepared. That is what I was told by friends who took it preveously.

So is the campus big and nice?
What's that building supposed to be for?

:) sounds like you are still deciding, good luck and see you Saturday :D!

anyone else to the roll call? Thread suddenly went dead... any news people? Dont give up, she still sending out letters til next week!!!

... Gave up.....
Who's all in for Class of 2013:hardy:............
Giving up kinda helps me to focus on my finals... and so far I am still the only SDN threader(TSU interviewer) that hasn't got it.....
Please party for the rejects:zip::banana: :hardy: ............

What makes it worst is that my pharmacist just bought a new Lexas GS300 and parked next to my 350z... and I was thinking like that's the difference between being accepted or rejected... Have fun studying/partying this weekend...

I was wondering if you guys knew how we're suppose to take PHAR111, PHAR112, PHAR211, and PHAR212 in the summer. Are they being offered during the summer at TSU?

I was wondering if you guys knew how we're suppose to take PHAR111, PHAR112, PHAR211, and PHAR212 in the summer. Are they being offered during the summer at TSU?

if you are a transfer student, you are allowed to take those courses while in the program. those of us that attend tsu already have to take before the program

I didn't think I was getting accepted because I was reading how many people got their letter earlier in the week...I just got mine (April 18) and it was dated April 16...so dont give up hope :)