Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was curious about how much extracurricular activities and community service hours did yall accumulate, and how long have yall been working as a pharm tech?

Members don't see this ad.

i was curious about how much extracurricular activities and community service hours did yall accumulate, and how long have yall been working as a pharm tech?

1 and 1/2 years as a pharm tech at Walgreens. Volunteered in Hospital and independent pharmacy. PPA active member for 2 semesters.
I have worked in a lot of places tho: bank teller, waitress, cashier...:cool:

150+ volunteer hours
4 years as pharmtech
oh yeah, I'm APhA member
events committee chair for TSU'S PHPC

Members don't see this ad :)
singspiration band member in church, TA in art class, sunday school, vacation bible study.
300+ hours hospital and pharmacy volunteer
300+ hours of retail pharmacy working exp
an officer of PPA on my campus (of course the volunteer exp that comes with it. Fun!)
active member for PPA, VSA and a member for APhA

sleepy :sleep:

singspiration band member in church, TA in art class, sunday school, vacation bible study.
300+ hours hospital and pharmacy volunteer
300+ hours of retail pharmacy working exp
an officer of PPA on my campus (of course the volunteer exp that comes with it. Fun!)
active member for PPA, VSA and a member for APhA

sleepy :sleep:

Did you include this on the form you had to fill on the day of interview, or ur original application supporting document?
because i included it on my application with supporting document, but not on the form we had to submit on the day of interview.

I did horrible on my interview today. I felt so stupid, and can not believe what i did. Anyone knows if the interview counts a big portion of the whole admission process?

I did horrible on my interview today. I felt so stupid, and can not believe what i did. Anyone knows if the interview counts a big portion of the whole admission process?

The interview takes about 30% of the total admission score.
I did horrible too. I think you will be fine.:thumbup:

haha you interviewed today? so did i!!! what happened to you? mine was pretty short.....only asked like 3 questions

Mine was very short too. they only asked 3-4 questions. I asked them more questions than they asked me (which was bad). I am too embarrassed to say what a stupid thing i did today. so if the interview counts 1/3 of the total points, my chance of getting in is close to zero. I am just hoping for miracle right now. lxapillpusher, i probably saw you today, just don't know which one is you.

haha you interviewed today? so did i!!! what happened to you? mine was pretty short.....only asked like 3 questions and they didn't even enunciate!

Mine was very short too. they only asked 3-4 questions. I asked them more questions than they asked me (which was bad). I am too embarrassed to say what a stupid thing i did today. so if the interview counts 1/3 of the total points, my chance of getting in is close to zero. I am just hoping for miracle right now. lxapillpusher, i probably saw you today, just don't know which one is you.

ummm well i don't think stating that i wore a suit would help cause... not wearing a suit to any interview is beyond ******ed. There was only like... at most 10(?) interviewees today. I was the only Vietnamese guy there today i think. I interviewed at 11:30

hahaha...we have been talking the whole time. i sat next to you, we tried to get the mission statement. yea, I was the short Asian girl.

ummm well i don't think stating that i wore a suit would help cause... not wearing a suit to any interview is beyond ******ed. There was only like... at most 10(?) interviewees today. I was the only Vietnamese guy there today i think. I interviewed at 11:30

hahaha...we have been talking the whole time. i sat next to you, we tried to get the mission statement. yea, I was the short Asian girl.

yeah, getting that mission statement was pretty much pointless haha. how did your interview at UH go?

Members don't see this ad :)
one of the interviewers told me that we will have the result back in 2 weeks. so good luck to all of us. I really need the luck.

what are certain activities that relate pharmacy to community service? i can't think of any

did alot of you guys do your essay part somewhere around 10 am? cuz i was hanging out in the pharm office around that time and I three asian interviewees walk in with ms watley into the back.

did alot of you guys do your essay part somewhere around 10 am? cuz i was hanging out in the pharm office around that time and I three asian interviewees walk in with ms watley into the back.

umm i wrote my essay around 10 i think.... not too sure. maybe a little earlier.

anyone knows if TSU still interviewing students? or they are with all the interviews already?

i had a question for yall. I got accepted to TSU, it's my number 2 behind UH. I;m gonna go ahead and give my deposit. But, if i get into UH should I go there? will it make a difference in my life. I know they're a better institution terms of the education they provide, but on the other hand they are like 4 grand more expensive than TSU. I just wanted your thoughts on the pros and cons of going to TSU vs UH. thanks

i had a question for yall. I got accepted to TSU, it's my number 2 behind UH. I;m gonna go ahead and give my deposit. But, if i get into UH should I go there? will it make a difference in my life. I know they're a better institution terms of the education they provide, but on the other hand they are like 4 grand more expensive than TSU. I just wanted your thoughts on the pros and cons of going to TSU vs UH. thanks

It all depends on what you WANT to do after school. If you're going clinical or are going to specialize in a certain field, figure out what both schools specializes in. HOWEVER, if you're going retail, it doesn't matter. A PharmD is a PharmD. Doesn't matter which school you go to nor does it matter what you rank in your class.

i was thinking of going into retail for the first couple of years, but it's not something i wanna do for the rest of my life. i've worked as a tech and i've seen the things the pharamcists have to put up, they really are undervalued and under-appreciated. i was thining that after a few years i could try to get into being a professor at pharmacy school. Would you need a sepearate phD for that, or would a Pharm D suffice? how about clinical and specializing, how many more yrs do u have to put in for those on average? thanks

i was thinking of going into retail for the first couple of years, but it's not something i wanna do for the rest of my life. i've worked as a tech and i've seen the things the pharamcists have to put up, they really are undervalued and under-appreciated. i was thining that after a few years i could try to get into being a professor at pharmacy school. Would you need a sepearate phD for that, or would a Pharm D suffice? how about clinical and specializing, how many more yrs do u have to put in for those on average? thanks

From the advice MY pharmacist, whom i work for, gave me, it's best to go from clinical or any specialize pharmacy TO retail. It's harder to go retail THEN to a clinical/specialize field. That being said and done, it's recommended to do a residency to specialize in a field or to even get into a clinical position. A residency is minimum 2 years, depending on where you go or what residency program you go into. Basically, a residency gets you more experience into the field you want to go into. If you go into retail, and apply for a clinical position, most likely you won't get it when competing with those who did residencies and specialized in something specific. They got way more training that you did, especially if all your experience is in retail. retail is basically the BASIC of all pharmacy fields, in my opinion.

As for a professor... i don't know. A lot of professors are PharmD. Yet, the PharmD teaches general pharmacy practice classes or something similar. The one who specializes teaches more advance classes like pharmaceutics.

Anyone know how many rounds of interview does TSU have left? People said they might be done by Spring Break so that mean it's next week? I've tried email Ms. Davis, but she is taking awhile to reply. Thanks!

whats the deal w/ the tsu's accreditation? i have heard they lost it from a couple students. whats going to happen now to the pharmacy school?

stay alive~~:luck:

yeah I heard it was closing down?

i heard tsu's pharmac school and law school has lost accreditation... and that the will not be accepting anymore students. i don't know about those that already got accepted. i hope they get back on track

i heard tsu's pharmac school and law school has lost accreditation... and that the will not be accepting anymore students. i don't know about those that already got accepted. i hope they get back on track
I'm curious, where did you hear this from? Is it official or just a rumor?
I know that they are getting an on-site review from ACPE this spring but I didn't expect that they would give their final ruling this soon.

my source came from a student in tsu pharmacy (p1) stated about pharmacy accreditation issue. is there anyone out there that can back this up?

I called Ms. Davis yesterday. she said TSU will send out all the acceptance/waitlist/rejection letter on the second week of April. the last interview is at the end of March.

Ask me any question you have about TSU, I am a P2 student and no, we didn't lose our accreditation. The ACPE visited on the 4th of March and were impressed at what they saw and the improvements TSU have made.
Congrats to all the people that got in this year. Kiki , I am extremely happy for you considering what happened last year. I am happy that people that really want to go to TSU got accepted, the rest can go where they want to. James, I am praying for too, I want to see you at TSUCOP.
I haven't been here that much lately cos P2 is brutal.
And for the person that claimed that TSU sent out letters about losing their accreditation, I wonder why I didn't receive one.
Goodluck to the people that are still waiting to hear back from TSU

Ask me any question you have about TSU, I am a P2 student and no, we didn't lose our accreditation. The ACPE visited on the 4th of March and were impressed at what they saw and the improvements TSU have made.
Congrats to all the people that got in this year. Kiki , I am extremely happy for you considering what happened last year. I am happy that people that really want to go to TSU got accepted, the rest can go where they want to. James, I am praying for too, I want to see you at TSUCOP.
And for the person that claimed that TSU sent out letters about losing their accreditation, I wonder why I didn't receive one.

Thanks for clarification, taken2...that really helps~~~!!!:thumbup::D

Hey, guys. I got a letter from TSU yesterday said that I need to send in an high school transcript. Any of you got a letter like that? I had an interview already. i thought they should have received everything before they invited students for interview. Anyone of you sent in high school transcript?

Have you taken AP credit in high school and transferred them to the college? I haven't, so they didn't ask me. (at least I think that's the reason they are asking for a high school transcript)

Have you taken AP credit in high school and transferred them to the college? I haven't, so they didn't ask me. (at least I think that's the reason they are asking for a high school transcript)

I don't know even. maybe i should call them tomorrow.

not yet. but Ms. Davis said we should be noticed by the 2nd week of April, which is next week.

i am a freshman here at TSU and also in the Fredrick Douglass honors program here (hopefully that will me in getting in). anyways, i am on pace to finish my prerequisites in two years and apply for admission for fall of 09 and my question is what kind of stats do i need for TSU College of Pharmacy? adjusting from the high school lifestyle to college was rough for me, my GPA from my first semester here is like a 3.6 something and i have taken a mock pcat and overall was in the 30 percentile with no preparation. i also heard that i need to do over 100 hrs of volunteer/community service and what else will i need? should also become a pharm tech? thanks in advanced for your help

i am a freshman here at TSU and also in the Fredrick Douglass honors program here (hopefully that will me in getting in). anyways, i am on pace to finish my prerequisites in two years and apply for admission for fall of 09 and my question is what kind of stats do i need for TSU College of Pharmacy? adjusting from the high school lifestyle to college was rough for me, my GPA from my first semester here is like a 3.6 something and i have taken a mock pcat and overall was in the 30 percentile with no preparation. i also heard that i need to do over 100 hrs of volunteer/community service and what else will i need? should also become a pharm tech? thanks in advanced for your help
ur gpa's fine, but to be competetive try to get pcat up to at least 70%

That GPA is only from your first semester, you need to work harder to stay in the Fredrick Honor program . You still have a couple of more semesters and tougher classes, so stay focused and don't get mixed up with the wrong crowd. Yes, you need to become a pharm tech because it will help you later
in your pre pharmacy work and in pharmacy school as well. Get as many
volunteer hours as possible, shadow a pharmacist until you can work as a
tech because you will need a recommendation letter from a pharmacist. you can use volunteermatch.org to search for volunteer opportunities in your area. 30 percentile is very very low but that is just a mock PCAT. Take the real Pcat when you are ready and then go from there.
You can PM if you have specific questions. Goodluck

I got my acceptance letter today. :D

Hi everyone, first post.