Texas Southern University - TSU 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFactionless

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and get this started. Anyone applying early decision?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I'll go ahead and get this started. Anyone applying early decision?

Keep me posted on your application status Factionless. I remember you from the last group. I'm a current p1, let me know if you need any advice or anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep me posted on your application status Factionless. I remember you from the last group. I'm a current p1, let me know if you need any advice or anything.
Thanks. Let me know if you hear anything up there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone applying TSU hear anything yet?

They just released interview invitation this evening!!!

Were you early decision?

I'm also curious about TSU's interviews. I wasn't early decision, but I did turn in my applications early in the month and haven't heard anything. I noticed that they're relatively slow when it comes to answering emails, so not sure if they're super busy with looking at the applications right now or something else.

Have you received an invite yet?

I'm also curious about TSU's interviews. I wasn't early decision, but I did turn in my applications early in the month and haven't heard anything. I noticed that they're relatively slow when it comes to answering emails, so not sure if they're super busy with looking at the applications right now or something else.

Have you received an invite yet?

I haven't but the site already has the different interview dates already posted so I'm hoping I get one in October at least.

How did it go?

Only 3 people were called that morning, just quick and simple interview about my career choice, plan for future, deal with stress, ethicms davis said the result will be ready this Wed

Members don't see this ad :)
@TheFactionless : the invitation letter usually given out a week before the interview date. Watch for their interview date listed on their website. Good luck to you!!!

When I filled out the ApplyTexas application, I had to pay $42 already, but now it says that I still need to pay $42 for an undergrad fee. Do I have to pay it? Also in the supplemental application, did you guys scan and submit all your transcripts or did you just not submit anything since its all on pharmcas? Thanks

Hi all,
I'm planning to apply this cycle for Pharmacy at TSU. Do anyone know if TSU accepts Music Appreciation MUSI 1306 as a Pre-req for Visual and Performing Arts? I tried calling the office but have not gotten any response. Thank you

When I filled out the ApplyTexas application, I had to pay $42 already, but now it says that I still need to pay $42 for an undergrad fee. Do I have to pay it? Also in the supplemental application, did you guys scan and submit all your transcripts or did you just not submit anything since its all on pharmcas? Thanks
Hi, for the supplemental application I attached my transcripts, pcat scores, and my 2x2 photo.

Hi all,
I'm planning to apply this cycle for Pharmacy at TSU. Do anyone know if TSU accepts Music Appreciation MUSI 1306 as a Pre-req for Visual and Performing Arts? I tried calling the office but have not gotten any response. Thank you

I took Introduction to Music and they accepted it.

I took Introduction to Music and they accepted it.

It's because all the classes are filled up except that class. i'll probably take it during the winter session if it is not acceptable. Hopefully, she will reply to me ASAP so i can take the class and submit my apps.

Last edited:
They were supposed to have had an interview yesterday. Can anyone confirm if they're on schedule?

They were supposed to have had an interview yesterday. Can anyone confirm if they're on schedule?

My pharmcas application was verified on 9/13 and I submitted my supplemental application on 9/14.

Ms. Davis barely emailed me just this past Thursday letting me know which pre-requisite classes I was missing. I feel like they're going really slow right now, and that maybe they didn't get a chance to have interviews yesterday.

I'm thinking the same because I had everything verifier and submitted before the first interview. I got that email before the first interview as well.

You don't have to pay that 42 bucks if you already paid it during the ApplyTexas application. Make sure you have record of the payment. I would call the office of admissions to ensure they have record of your payment as well.

You don't have to pay that 42 bucks if you already paid it during the ApplyTexas application. Make sure you have record of the payment. I would call the office of admissions to ensure they have record of your payment as well.

Do you have to do the apply Texas before they offer an invite? That's the only thing I haven't done.

Do you have to do the apply Texas before they offer an invite? That's the only thing I haven't done.

No. Don't do the applyTexas until after they send you the acceptance email. You have until March 2017 I believe to complete it. I got my acceptance email last January and I completed the ApplyTexas in February.

I am about to send in my application for TSU, and I am excited about potentially going there for pharmacy school. I am not as familiar with TSU, so I was wondering if anybody could give me an idea of what my chances are of getting in?

I graduated with a BS in Biology.
My cumulative GPA is a 3.0, and my pre-req GPA is right around there as well
My PCAT composite is an 80
I have worked a little over 500 hours as a pharmacy technician
I have a little over 100 hours of community service

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I am about to send in my application for TSU, and I am excited about potentially going there for pharmacy school. I am not as familiar with TSU, so I was wondering if anybody could give me an idea of what my chances are of getting in?

I graduated with a BS in Biology.
My cumulative GPA is a 3.0, and my pre-req GPA is right around there as well
My PCAT composite is an 80
I have worked a little over 500 hours as a pharmacy technician
I have a little over 100 hours of community service

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Those are solid stats. I would apply.

Only 3 people were called that morning, just quick and simple interview about my career choice, plan for future, deal with stress, ethicms davis said the result will be ready this Wed

Hi! I hope you interview went well. I have an interview October 27, and was wondering if there is any advice you could give me? I am extremely nervous.

Hi, RMarquez. are you ED or Regular decision? and when you get invited for interview ? thank

Hi, RMarquez. are you ED or Regular decision? and when you get invited for interview ? thank
Hi! I am regular decision. I submitted my application in the middle of September. My interview is Oct. 27.

Hi! I hope you interview went well. I have an interview October 27, and was wondering if there is any advice you could give me? I am extremely nervous.
Know Why you picked TSU.
Know why you picked pharmacy as opposed to other health professions.
Know what your goals are in pharmacy.
Know what leadership qualities you have and what it takes to be a good leader.
Know what is different about Pharmacy today that may set it apart from Pharmacy in the past.

Always rat on cheaters.
Always find a way to sneak your achievements into your answers.
Always try and link an answers to a real life experience.
Always appear calm and pleasant.

You should be humble, but be confident in yourself. Have the mindset that you already made it in the school. If you prepare in this way, there is no way you will be caught off guard. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Know Why you picked TSU.
Know why you picked pharmacy as opposed to other health professions.
Know what your goals are in pharmacy.
Know what leadership qualities you have and what it takes to be a good leader.
Know what is different about Pharmacy today that may set it apart from Pharmacy in the past.

Always rat on cheaters.
Always find a way to sneak your achievements into your answers.
Always try and link an answers to a real life experience.
Always appear calm and pleasant.

You should be humble, but be confident in yourself. Have the mindset that you already made it in the school. If you prepare in this way, there is no way you will be caught off guard. Good luck.

Thanks a lot Alkemist! I will definitely take your advice into consideration!

What Alchemist said is right, they look for an ethical candidate with highly professional, passionate and know what to do with the degree in future. Be calm, confident, you can do well. good luck !!!

What Alchemist said is right, they look for an ethical candidate with highly professional, passionate and know what to do with the degree in future. Be calm, confident, you can do well. good luck !!!

Ps: Oct 27 is the very first interview day for Regular Decision, so you re in a high chance, dont worry too much

Ps: Oct 27 is the very first interview day for Regular Decision, so you re in a high chance, dont worry too much

Cool. I have an interview for that day as well.

Did you apply early decision?

Yes I did, but bc i didn't complete all the prerequisite classes within this Fall, so they hold my acceptance to regular decision. :| I'm still waiting for their official acceptance though.

Yes I did, but bc i didn't complete all the prerequisite classes within this Fall, so they hold my acceptance to regular decision. :| I'm still waiting for their official acceptance though.

Aw, yea I still have some classes. Did they already notify you that you're accepted?

Aw, yea I still have some classes. Did they already notify you that you're accepted?

They said they will give me extended offer, and yeah, i just received the official acceptance lettee today :D

They said they will give me extended offer, and yeah, i just received the official acceptance lettee today :D

Awesome!! Did they tell you that on your interview day? CONGRATS BY THE WAY!!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow!!! I have withdrawn myself from the interview process so I won't be there

Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow!!! I have withdrawn myself from the interview process so I won't be there

Thanks! I feel like my interview went good :)
Hope everything works out for you RiceBunnyy

Thanks! I feel like my interview went good :)
Hope everything works out for you RiceBunnyy

How many people were called to interview?? And did they have a personal talk to you about your classes??

How many people were called to interview?? And did they have a personal talk to you about your classes??

There was about 10 people when I saw the sign in sheet. No they did not. After the interview I just went down to Mrs. Davis to talk about what to expect next. After that we had a chance to speak to a P4 student. We will know Tuesday about being given an offer or not.