Texas Southern University - TSU 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

It went well. Hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
What is extended Provisional Admission versus Conditional Admission?

Honestly, I am no sure. In my email it just basically states that I am admitted to the Pharm D program. But before I attend I must pass the drug test, background check and pass my current classes with a C. If I do not pass what they ask then I cannot attend next year.

@TheFactionless @RMarquez05 Glad to see my friends from the interview made it lol i got accepted as well with the provisional i dont know whats the deal with that but at least were in

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I am no sure. In my email it just basically states that I am admitted to the Pharm D program. But before I attend I must pass the drug test, background check and pass my current classes with a C. If I do not pass what they ask then I cannot attend next year.

It called conditional offer, everyone will have that but u guys are accepted, congratz except if you fail class, using drug, or having negative mark on your background

Reactions: 1 user
Anything new guys? Im still waiting for my package to come, its too slow for me plus i wonder what is in there that is important if you guys know

Anything new guys? Im still waiting for my package to come, its too slow for me plus i wonder what is in there that is important if you guys know

Have you finished your background stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I'm working on it but it's kind of a lot lol

Im done, fill out the form, go to lab to give them specimen, the immunization is due on summer, and i think thats it. I just met Ms Davis and she said there is nothing to worry, she will contact if she needs anything, i guess she feels annoyed LOL

Can your guy message me your facebook name, or anykind of social media form that we can contact privately?

I saw some of you guys today 11/17, coming in for your interviews. I hope you did well! Looking forward to working with you all.

Not yet. Have you?
I advice not working on your background stuff until summer academy. I did things early and it turned out I didn't need some things, which costed me hundreds of dollars. I would advise calling Ms. Davis to go over what you need right now and what you can wait to do so you can save money and time. One of these is the flu shot, for example, which has a certain window in which they will accept and reject on CastleBranch.

I advice not working on your background stuff until summer academy. I did things early and it turned out I didn't need some things, which costed me hundreds of dollars. I would advise calling Ms. Davis to go over what you need right now and what you can wait to do so you can save money and time. One of these is the flu shot, for example, which has a certain window in which they will accept and reject on CastleBranch.
Thanks a lot for the heads up!!

So should we wait till summer academy or Ms Davis contacting us before proceeding anything??

A "Conditional" offer of admission is where you are expected to complete the remainder of your courses with a "C" and before the summer II period in which summer academy takes place. In a "provisional" offer of admission they expect the same, but you also have to pass the entry exam at the end of summer academy to guarantee your seat in the class.

Hey guys, I will be giving up my offer for TSU pharmacy school. I was accepted to my first choice and will be attending there. I wish everyone the best at TSU pharmacy school.

Hey guys, I'm currently still in the process of applying to TSU Pharmacy as well. I'm aware that I'm applying pretty late especially since its rolling admissions :( I had a family emergency that prevented me from applying earlier in the cycle.

I was wondering if I actually have a shot at getting accepted. I decided this past September that I would be applying to pharmacy school after switching from another career path. I have a 2.9 cum GPA and 2.8 pre req GPA. I won't be taking my PCAT until January (the last accepted test date) and I haven't taken quite a few pre-reqs. I haven't taken A&P 1+2 and labs, Orgo II + lab, and medical terminology. I'm also aware TSU won't allow science classes to be taken in the summer so I'm not sure how I'll take both A&P this spring. I'm hoping to get my application in by December 20th due to LOR's.

I shadowed a pharmacist for about 30 hours total and have a lot of extracurricular and work experience in veterinary medicine. I will also be getting my bachelors degree this semester if that counts for anything.

I understand that my application seems very unprepared and that's because it is. I switched recently to this path and decided I would still give it a shot to apply this cycle just to possibly not have to wait another year even though the odds are against me.

Thanks for your input!

I was looking at the pre-reqs for TSU and I did not see A&P? Can anyone confirm? Also can anyone give me advice on who to send my transcripts to to get evaluated? Thank you.

I was looking at the pre-reqs for TSU and I did not see A&P? Can anyone confirm? Also can anyone give me advice on who to send my transcripts to to get evaluated? Thank you.

Yes you need A&P 1&2 if they're separate. Send it to Dr. Solis or Ms. Davis. Info will be on the site.

Does anyone else have an interview for this coming Wednesday?

Only 3 people were called that morning, just quick and simple interview about my career choice, plan for future, deal with stress, ethicms davis said the result will be ready this Wed
Hi..I have an interview scheduled for next week at tsu... do u mind telling me the specific questions they asked you?

Hi..I have an interview scheduled for next week at tsu... do u mind telling me the specific questions they asked you?

It was in last September so I hardly remember anything LoL. yeah basically, why you choose to become pharmacist, they will give you some scenarios in working environments, which is related to ethical dilemma and will ask you how would you do in that situation, Just put the law above everything, even money, friendship or any kind of relationship it may be in the scenario. The math and essay part were kinda joke, not to worry at all.

It was in last September so I hardly remember anything LoL. yeah basically, why you choose to become pharmacist, they will give you some scenarios in working environments, which is related to ethical dilemma and will ask you how would you do in that situation, Just put the law above everything, even money, friendship or any kind of relationship it may be in the scenario. The math and essay part were kinda joke, not to worry at all.
Okay....thank you very much

....just an update,, I got in

Congratulation!!!! Are those questions the same?? I still wait for the letter package to come, let me know if you receive anything from them.[/QUOTE]

Congratulation!!!! Are those questions the same?? I still wait for the letter package to come, let me know if you receive anything from them.
[/QUOTE]
If you are still waiting for a package to come since September, AND you have been in contact with Ms. Davis about it, I suggest stopping by the office to take care of the paperwork there. I never received my package in the mail, so I literally had to take a trip up to Houston with my seat fee and sign everything there.

If you are still waiting for a package to come since September, AND you have been in contact with Ms. Davis about it, I suggest stopping by the office to take care of the paperwork there. I never received my package in the mail, so I literally had to take a trip up to Houston with my seat fee and sign everything there.[/QUOTE]

I did pay the seat fee and receive the castle branch link from her, so i hope there won't be any deadline or important paper in the package. I might give it a shot soon. Thank you

From the email she sent to me, the package only comes in May... I have already done the Castle branch stuff and also paid the seat deposit and I did that thru an email she sent to me which had the link to all those.

Last edited:
Congratulation!!!! Are those questions the same?? I still wait for the letter package to come, let me know if you receive anything from them.
[/QUOTE]
I got everything in I needed for the moment in my acceptance email. Ms Davis said we'll receive packages in May.. but for now, she sent me an email that had the link to the payment of seat deposit, castle branch stuff for background check and drug test

I got everything in I needed for the moment in my acceptance email. Ms Davis said we'll receive packages in May.. but for now, she sent me an email that had the link to the payment of seat deposit, castle branch stuff for background check and drug test[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thats all i got so far too. Thank a lot. Hope to see u soon

From the email she sent to me, the package only comes in May... I have already done the Castle branch stuff and also paid the seat deposit and I did that thru an email she sent to me which had the link to all those.
Did you get every immunization that was posted on the Castle Branch site? I've done the background check, drug test and deposit but haven't submitted any shot info.

Did you get every immunization that was posted on the Castle Branch site? I've done the background check, drug test and deposit but haven't submitted any shot info.
I think you have to put everything that is listed on there except the things Ms Davis put in the acceptance email not to get.

I think you have to put everything that is listed on there except the things Ms Davis put in the acceptance email not to get.

I don't remember the email saying not to get anything. Can you post what yours said not to get?

I don't remember the email saying not to get anything. Can you post what yours said not to get?

....I have just copied this part from the email..""Please select Class of 2017 to setup the checks and use the codes below to order both.

• TB27 – Background Check with immunization reporter
  • TB27 dt – Drug Test
  • You are not required to complete at this time CPR, purchase liability insurance, HIPPA in service or Blood Pathogens

If I'm correct, you aren't guaranteed an interview right? I noticed on TSU Pharmacy's website that the last conducted interview was March 9. Would that be the end of the cycle? Will students who don't get an interview be notified?

If I'm correct, you aren't guaranteed an interview right? I noticed on TSU Pharmacy's website that the last conducted interview was March 9. Would that be the end of the cycle? Will students who don't get an interview be notified?
Yes you are not guaranteed an interview and about the notification, I can't really say

So i think today is the last interview day for TSU, have anyone heard any update news??

Accepted 3/7!!! anyone know a good place where i can get medical terminology course? i still need to take this and A&P at a community college this summer... thanks for any input

Accepted 3/7!!! anyone know a good place where i can get medical terminology course? i still need to take this and A&P at a community college this summer... thanks for any input
I took mine at HCC and it was a really short class, like 6-8 weeks. I did have prior knowledge to terms though

I took mine at HCC and it was a really short class, like 6-8 weeks. I did have prior knowledge to terms though
great, Thank you!! was it a 3 credit class ?

also, was there a "lab" component or lecture only for the medical terminology class you took..?

also, was there a "lab" component or lecture only for the medical terminology class you took..?
Actually, no. It was a 2 hour credit class and TSU took it and I got in. If you have any doubts though, you can ask. They didn't have a problem with it on my transcript. It didn't have a lab either, it was just lecture. I took HPRS 1206

I took MDCA 1315 at HCC and it was 3 Hours without a Lab. I believe they give it during the summer because I took it during Summer 1 for 6 weeks. As for A&P, it comes with the lab.

i have a question, i got accepted as provisional admission offer after my interview, but the question is i don't know how i got in, my gpa is not above 3.00.
and i got an email saying that
The following will void your admission to the Professional Program for the fall 2017 Admission’s period:
  • failure to complete all pre-pharmacy coursework by Spring 2017 or Summer I 2017 if enrolled in classes;
  • failure to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00;
  • failure to complete all Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the required period with a passing grade of C or better (Please note that C-, D+, D-, D and F are non-passing grades
  • adverse information that is found in a criminal history background and/or drug screen may result in the withdrawal of the applicant’s offer of admission or dismissal from the program;
how the **** did i get accepted then?? they supposed not give me a chance to get int at all when my gpa is not good. because my gpa is not close to 3.00 and even after this semester and summer course i won't get to 3.0. do yall think my acceptance will avoid? all my pre pharm requirment is above C or better. give me some opinion or let me know if this happens to you. i need your help.
btw i don't want to ask admission people because i feel like they will reject me.

I Saw a post about i just need to take the summer class that offer by TSU starting July, is that true? or Do i still need 3.0 gpa?

Last edited: