Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm friend

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone interested in going to TSU this year? this is my #2 choice...let me know if you've heard anything...good luck, applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

is keroppiqe the only one who has gotten an interview with tsu so far? please post if you've heard anything...thanks!

is keroppiqe the only one who has gotten an interview with tsu so far? please post if you've heard anything...thanks!

I just got an invitation for interview on the 29th. Did not expect this fast, considering I have just finished my app a week ago. I am glad that they get things done early this year. Maybe they took my advice~~~~yeah!!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invitation for interview on the 29th. Did not expect this fast, considering I have just finished my app a week ago. I am glad that they get things done early this year. Maybe they took my advice~~~~yeah!!;)

Congrats, Partykiki! :hardy:

congrats...why are they giving such late notice for interviews? no time to prepare, and i heard they are a lot tougher than other pharm schools during the interview...did you also get a letter in the mailbox? i'm so anxious to hear from them!

That's fast! I'm also applying this year and still waiting. I'm worried! What's your stat?

congrats...why are they giving such late notice for interviews? no time to prepare, and i heard they are a lot tougher than other pharm schools during the interview...did you also get a letter in the mailbox? i'm so anxious to hear from them!

I only got the snail mail. It is late, but considering I had interview with them last year (it was a long story), I am okay with it.

Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews TSU offers?

Thanks.

Who's with me?

Hey PartyKiki, would you by any chance have a list of the most recent interview questions used at TSU pharmacy?

No, I don't. But the interview questions are up now. Just try to be defensive and stick with your points and you will be fine. GL on your interview.:thumbup:

i got my letter in the mail last week (wed- maybe) and have an interview tomorrow. wow. not much prep time, but i'll be ready :p

Well I had my interview Jan 22nd. I was the first interviewee. This year TSU is trying out early interviews. The only thing I don't know is when the first set of letters go out. If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer questions about my interview. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I had my interview Jan 22nd. I was the first interviewee. This year TSU is trying out early interviews. The only thing I don't know is when the first set of letters go out. If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer questions about my interview. Good luck to all.

How was it like? How long was the essay part?
Thanks for sharing in advance.:)

i got my letter in the mail last week (wed- maybe) and have an interview tomorrow. wow. not much prep time, but i'll be ready :p

same here. hope to see you tomorrow. My assigned time is 9:40am

they gave me 20 min to type my essay on a computer. Topic varies and it really isnt all to bad, but the 20 min. did feel like 5. Then then printed the essay so that the interviewers get a copy each.The number of people will vary (I had 3), I got asked mostly personal questions; nothing too challanging. lasted about 15 minutes and everyone in the interview was very polite and professional. I felt pretty good at the end, but who knows; now I gotta play the waiting game. Ms. Davis is very nice and will give you a calming and positive feeling as she guides you towards your interview. Just be positive and do not be arrogant. Whatever you do don't lie and if you don't know an answer just say so. I truly believe that if you give them a good vibe than they will give it back to you. In all I gotta say that my experience was good and got treated well too. Good luck and be positive cause if you believe in yourself so will they.

http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/interview_read.asp

the above link was the most useful for my interview questions; I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.

my interview went pretty well. had 3 interviewers who were all very nice to me. even though it was an open file session, they didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my application records (i made a few C's in some science classes). i had mostly open-ended questions regarding pharmacy issues and critical thinking questions as well. and yeah, i also felt like 20 minutes was a short amt of time for the essay.

did anyone got to speak with their current pharmacy students after your interview? mrs. davis said that their pharm students were gonna be available for us to ask any questions after our interview, but not until after 12pm or so. i didn't wanna wait another 2½ hrs so i left. both mrs davis and mrs whatley were really nice.

i heard that they start interviewing a few people per day right now, and then will start cramming in more interviews later on all the way thru mid-april or so.

My interview wasn't very good though.
They questioned me on one of my PCAT subsections.
Anyway, I should hear something very soon, hopefully good news.

I waited around to speak to some fourth year students. Basically they are there to answer any questions you have about the program.

I have a question about the TSU app. It said for those who are Texas residents, we have to show some type of TASP proof. Does anyone know how do I get that? From high school?

Anyone who has had an early interview know when first round of letters go out?

Anyone who has had an early interview know when first round of letters go out?

my P2 friends said they had their acceptance letters 3-4 weeks after their interview dates, and the rejection letters are sent out during the summer...

my P2 friends said they had their acceptance letters 3-4 weeks after their interview dates, and the rejection letters are sent out during the summer...

It might be different this year since they are obviously doing things differently though...

The adcoms will meet next week and rank the applicants, then send out acceptance letters.

They are doing things REALLY fast this year. All interviews will be done by March or early April.

The adcoms will meet next week and rank the applicants, then send out acceptance letters.

They are doing things REALLY fast this year. All interviews will be done by March or early April.

wow, that's good to hear!

I had heard that the admin comm. was meeting on the 18th, but had just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything else. thanx for the response guys. James, don't forget what i had told you about the reading section on the pcat. it made a big difference in my score..it jumped from 14 to 89.

I had heard that the admin comm. was meeting on the 18th, but had just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything else. thanx for the response guys. James, don't forget what i had told you about the reading section on the pcat. it made a big difference in my score..it jumped from 14 to 89.

oh...I was gonna say in 2 weeks, my bad.
wow....yr reading jumped that much? impressive, how did you do that? I am staying in 30s all the time.....that's why they were questioning me~~~:p but I did okay on the other parts though...

I have a question about the TSU app. It said for those who are Texas residents, we have to show some type of TASP proof. Does anyone know how do I get that? From high school?

From the university you are attending. They should have the records.

I used the Dr Collins course..That is all I will say because if i pump it up too much people tend to thing that I am an advertiser or something of the nature.

i'm so sad to hear that cuz i haven't heard anything from the school yet...guess i'm not getting an interview...doesn't make sense why uh would give me one and not tsu...gosh, i wonder what the problem is...

i'm so sad to hear that cuz i haven't heard anything from the school yet...guess i'm not getting an interview...doesn't make sense why uh would give me one and not tsu...gosh, i wonder what the problem is...

Don't put too much into it. Keep in mind that this is only the early interviews that they are completing. They still have to go thru the regular round of interviews.

i just had my interview with them a couple of weeks ago. i would be very cautious of this school. i have a pharmacist friend and his tech just completed his first year there. anyhow, the tech received a letter from tsu a couple of months back warning the pharmacy students that they might lose their accreditation. ive heard from my pharmacist friend that his tech is now trying to transfer to another pharmacy program but the classes hes completed his first year probably wont transfer. ive talked to a couple of pre-pharm students attending tsu for their pre-req's and they said its true about the letters and the accreditation. but, they said if that happens, it will take about 5-6 years to lose the accreditation. i wont be sticking around to gamble on my chances.

just my 2 cents.

i just had my interview with them a couple of weeks ago. i would be very cautious of this school. i have a pharmacist friend and his tech just completed his first year there. anyhow, the tech received a letter from tsu a couple of months back warning the pharmacy students that they might lose their accreditation. ive heard from my pharmacist friend that his tech is now trying to transfer to another pharmacy program but the classes hes completed his first year probably wont transfer. ive talked to a couple of pre-pharm students attending tsu for their pre-req's and they said its true about the letters and the accreditation. but, they said if that happens, it will take about 5-6 years to lose the accreditation. i wont be sticking around to gamble on my chances.

just my 2 cents.

Yeah...dun go there....leave the seats for us.:thumbup: Remember to decline your acceptance if u got one.

Yeah...dun go there....leave the seats for us.:thumbup: Remember to decline your acceptance if u got one.

yea dont worry about me taking up your seat. i already got into my first choice. good luck.

Hi guys! I just got a notice of an interview today for Feb 13th! So excited and scared :scared:

I'm just wondering is anybody else going on that day?
------

I have a question regarding TSU pharmacy. I went on their site and try to find out more about what they specialize,
If it's not too much trouble, can anybody tell me what kind of pharmacy practice they are focusing on the most? (retail, clinical etc...)
I'm going to go back and search some more!

Hey,
I had an interview on Jan. 23,2008 and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the acceptance letters yet?

barely made it.....got my application in TODAY! Good Luck to everybody.:)

I interview on the 13th of Feb. Mrs. Davis told me after the interview that the admin comm are meeting next week to decide the status for the interviewees. :)

I interview on the 13th of Feb. Mrs. Davis told me after the interview that the admin comm are meeting next week to decide the status for the interviewees. :)

Hi, Wang. Do you go to UH?

I know that they have started ranking the applicants and the top 10-20% will be received acceptance letters soon~~!

Yep I go to UH :) what about you? If you do are you still in PPA right now?

I know :( it's only the 5th day after my interview and I'm already going crrazy!
Right now just gotta worry about the interview at UH in a few weeks :D yay!

GOOD luck to both of us :D for TSU and UH

I saw most people here already have interview and waiting for acceptance letters already. Does it mean if I haven't heard anything from TSU by now means rejection or no chance of getting in TSU?

Yep I go to UH :) what about you? If you do are you still in PPA right now?

I know :( it's only the 5th day after my interview and I'm already going crrazy!
Right now just gotta worry about the interview at UH in a few weeks :D yay!

GOOD luck to both of us :D for TSU and UH

You think the wait is diving you crazy...........I had my interview Jan. 22nd, and haven't been able to think about anything else. I'm ready to get this over with. As far as those that are worried cuz they have not gotten interviews yet, there is still hope. This is only the end of early interviews. they still have one more round of interviews to go.

Good luck to all!

Has anyone called to find out exactly when the very first acceptance letters will come out??

You think the wait is diving you crazy...........I had my interview Jan. 22nd, and haven't been able to think about anything else. I'm ready to get this over with. As far as those that are worried cuz they have not gotten interviews yet, there is still hope. This is only the end of early interviews. they still have one more round of interviews to go.

Good luck to all!

I know I know o_O I was thinking before I wrote my post, man those people that got interview earlier than me has to suffer so much longer :scared: :scared: :scared:

anyone knows how many rounds of interview TSU has this year? and when are these interviews? i know somebody had April 22nd interview last year, i am not sure about this year. since some people got early interviews, and got acceptance letters this year already.

anyone knows how many rounds of interview TSU has this year? and when are these interviews? i know somebody had April 22nd interview last year, i am not sure about this year. since some people got early interviews, and got acceptance letters this year already.

do you mean someone's already gotten accepted for spring 2008? or do you mean spring 2007?

I think what he meant is that people are already waiting for letters.

I had mine late January. E-mailed Mrs. Davis yesterday about when they might be sending the acceptance letters but no word yet, she usually replies quickly.

Steve