Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't think I was getting accepted because I was reading how many people got their letter earlier in the week...I just got mine (April 18) and it was dated April 16...so dont give up hope :)

Congrats!! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know any in's and out's about this school? I am debating whether to come here or to another school. Any "reviews" for the school would be appreciated.

Does anyone know any in's and out's about this school? I am debating whether to come here or to another school. Any "reviews" for the school would be appreciated.
Shoot me a PM with all the questions you have. Catch me on AIM too, if you want to talk. I'll try my best to answer them for you. The best way to get the answer you want, is to ask the right questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, guys. Anyone here filling out FAFSA for TSU college of pharmacy yet? what should I say on the degree status? I don't have a degree yet, this Fall will be my 4th year in college. i know some schools for financial purpose, degree holder will say grad. school, non-degree holder will say undergrad. I am not sure about TSU.

where are most of you living this coming Fall? I am looking at the university apartment, what you guys think?

Hello everyone,

hey Silver350z, you are not alone. I still havent got anything in the mail yet. I was thinking about emailing Ms. Davis on Monday. Do yall think I should?

I had the interview back on the end of Febuary. I guess my change kept getting smaller and smaller each day.

So that means you got accepted? CONGRATS~~~:hardy:

hey, guys. Anyone here filling out FAFSA for TSU college of pharmacy yet? what should I say on the degree status? I don't have a degree yet, this Fall will be my 4th year in college. i know some schools for financial purpose, degree holder will say grad. school, non-degree holder will say undergrad. I am not sure about TSU.

where are most of you living this coming Fall? I am looking at the university apartment, what you guys think?

I am meeting one professor from TSU on Monday, I'll tell you what I get.

Ask me any question you have about TSU, I am a P2 student and no, we didn't lose our accreditation. The ACPE visited on the 4th of March and were impressed at what they saw and the improvements TSU have made.
Congrats to all the people that got in this year. Kiki , I am extremely happy for you considering what happened last year. I am happy that people that really want to go to TSU got accepted, the rest can go where they want to. James, I am praying for too, I want to see you at TSUCOP.
I haven't been here that much lately cos P2 is brutal.
And for the person that claimed that TSU sent out letters about losing their accreditation, I wonder why I didn't receive one.
Goodluck to the people that are still waiting to hear back from TSU

This is just what 2 pharmacy students there told me (one P1 and one P3). Both their explanations were quite similar. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

TSU's accreditation has been EXPIRED... since March I think? Pharmacy students who were already enrolled there were safe even if the school eventually never regains their accreditation. They will receive their PharmD as long as they fulfill all the requirements and exams. But we (class of 2012 and so on...etc) will not be since we will be enrolled under a pending accreditation. I also understand that after reviewing the school, TSU is optimistic that they will regain their accreditation soon by this May or so... but nothing is guarunteed at the moment...

"TSU's accreditation has been EXPIRED..." what is this mean? Is that anyway to find out if TSU regain their accreditation before school start?

"TSU's accreditation has been EXPIRED..." what is this mean? Is that anyway to find out if TSU regain their accreditation before school start?

the P3 told me that we will know by sometime this May... hopefully it goes well for TSU... right now, i'm strongly considering my other option until then.

This is just what 2 pharmacy students there told me (one P1 and one P3). Both their explanations were quite similar. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

TSU's accreditation has been EXPIRED... since March I think? Pharmacy students who were already enrolled there were safe even if the school eventually never regains their accreditation. They will receive their PharmD as long as they fulfill all the requirements and exams. But we (class of 2012 and so on...etc) will not be since we will be enrolled under a pending accreditation. I also understand that after reviewing the school, TSU is optimistic that they will regain their accreditation soon by this May or so... but nothing is guarunteed at the moment...
Heresay is a bad thing... mmmk? Yes, TSU's accreditation is pending on a few things, but every pharmacy school has to go through it every 6 years. Let's just say I had a straight talk directly from the horse's mouth. The board will inspect a pharmacy school every 6 years. If everything is well, they say ok, good job, and come back in 6 years. If things need to be fixed, they tell the school ok, we'll come back in 1 year, fix it. When the board came to TSU in 2006, a lot of change was happening, not all of it TSU's fault. The board fully knew the situation, so they told TSU, hey, fix it, we'll come back in 2. Well, they came back in March and it went well. I don't understand what all the fuzz is all about. Have pride in your school people :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the TSU interview on the last day which was April 10th and got my acceptance letter on the 14th. I hope that helps.

According to people I spoke with today, I was interviewed on the last day, April 10th and got my acceptance letter on Tuesday. I am from the Humble area for whoever was asking.

Hello everyone,

hey Silver350z, you are not alone. I still havent got anything in the mail yet. I was thinking about emailing Ms. Davis on Monday. Do yall think I should?

I had the interview back on the end of Febuary. I guess my change kept getting smaller and smaller each day.

e-mailling her will not receive a response...... I've tried that.... I think they'll only talk to the "Accepted'....

my interview was march 6 but I have not receive any letter, does it mean I got rejected.

Thanks, Kiki. have you decided which school you are going yet?

No, not yet. Hopefully will make the decision soon.

my interview was march 6 but I have not receive any letter, does it mean I got rejected.

no. They haven't sent out the alternate list yet. You may probably be on the waiting list.

Talked to the professor. She said that the decision for TSU extended accreditation will be determined by JULY....that sucks coz I dun think I can delay my decision until then. She continued saying that even the school is on probation (the worst scenario), it won't effect the accreditation status. The institution is STILL ACCREDITED. The probation status will just be a warning to TSU to make some critical changes in the next year.

The average stats for this year is around 3.6 GPA (wow) and 65-67 PCAT. Just want to give a heads up to those applying next year. Pharmacy experience (job preferred) does play a role on the application.

Hope this helps.:)

Talked to the professor. She said that the decision for TSU extended accreditation will be determined by JULY....that sucks coz I dun think I can delay my decision until then. She continued saying that even the school is on probation (the worst scenario), it won't effect the accreditation status. The institution is STILL ACCREDITED. The probation status will just be a warning to TSU to make some critical changes in the next year.

The average stats for this year is around 3.6 GPA (wow) and 65-67 PCAT. Just want to give a heads up to those applying next year. Pharmacy experience (job preferred) does play a role on the application.

TSU has a new president, actually he was UH's former president. He did a lot of good things for that program and is already taking steps to improve TSU's program. This is why you see stats like 3.6 gpa along with other numbers. He is trying to improve the standards in order to make TSU a more competitive university. I Have been attending TSU for the past 2 years and I like what I have been seeing lately. To be honest,I feel like more good changes are coming. Also the open enrollment policy has been cut out and you have to have a certain high school gpa to enroll. If gpa not competitive you will be asked to attend communty college to get college experience.

has anybody taken Dr. Williams before for cell bio? or Dr. Desiree Jackson? How are they like grading, tests, teaching/learning?

does attending TSU straight out of high school and being in the honors program at TSU and finishing the pharm prerequisites in two years help?

has anybody taken Dr. Williams before for cell bio? or Dr. Desiree Jackson? How are they like grading, tests, teaching/learning?

Dr. Williams cell bio class is one of the more difficult courses. He's pretty detailed on some questions, however, i found it to be one of the courses I learn the most in. He basically reads right out of the text book, the reason why I think I learn the most is learning how to prepare for his tests. He does not curve.

Dr. Jackson bascially reads off her notes. I took her for Deve. Bio. The class was fairly easy thanks to the curve. I didn't have a text book and I just studied directly from her notes. You have to do all the quizzes since those are the extra points she'll add at the end of the semester. Boring class though since she's mono tone.

Just wondering, how quickly does Mrs. Davis usually respond to emails?

she is only gooing to reply if she really knows who you are. My first year she never replied. Two years later i think she sees me alot and she replies to all my email but within two days. She is busy i guess.

for me, never. She never respond my e-mail. I think it is better for you to call her.

oh ok well i called her today and all is good now. thanks. If i end up going to tsu, i'll be a week late to the summer academy. she said it was fine.

This thread has really died off! :sleep:

do u guys know, if they finish with sending acception letter or not?

I think most of people here are taking finals so they didnt have time.

They have finished sending all letters. I am in the alternate list. Dont know what my change is, but that's my only choice now, until next year application.

If anyone got a spot on their top choices, please leave me a spot..... thanks so much!

congrats yalL!

i actually really wanted to go to TSU

bummer i didnt have all the pre-reqs:mad:

physics for pharmacy is no longer offered in the fall of 08 at TSU. does that mean physics 137 and lab is now required? and physics 138 and lab as well?

heard they sending out rejection letters already. This thread has gone down hill.. Any news people?

anyone knows which computer science class we need to take? Thanks in advance.

I think most of people here are taking finals so they didnt have time.

They have finished sending all letters. I am in the alternate list. Dont know what my change is, but that's my only choice now, until next year application.

If anyone got a spot on their top choices, please leave me a spot..... thanks so much!

you can have my spot! i'm going to uiw..... good luck everyone

Has anyone created a Facebook group for TSU class of 2012? I was just trying to find it for one of your future classmates.

Some P3 Lectures, Most P4 lectures

All P3 classes are at TMC and P4 is rotation.
The TMC building does not belong to TSU, they are renting it. we had a class there this semester (patient assessment) and it sucked. Not the campus but the class.

Congrats to all the class of 2012..........we can't wait for u guys to join us.
one advise I have for u guys especially those coming from other schools like UH, have an open mind, be ready to mix with your classmates. Diversity is a beautiful thing and life will be easier for you and your classmates. My class is tagged the " worst class in the history of TSUCOP" just because people refuse to mix . P3 and P1 students don't have that problem but somehow, P2 class does. So it depends on individual. If you make things easy for you and your classmates, instructors will like your class and and you will do well in your classes. your class will get all the scholarships during banquet nights because you guys will have high GPAs. It only takes one thing to have a successful class ---------be open minded, share your information with your classmates. Don't share with only the asians or only with the africans, share with the whole class and be friends with everyone. P3 class is my favorite class followed by P1. they understand the systems and they are very successful as a class.

Hey Guys. I just joined SDN and this is my first post, but I been reading posts on here for a while.

I am been accepted at TSU this fall so I am really excited to meet my fellow classmates. But I am really new to what is what at the pharmay program. What is the dress code? Are we required to have a laptop? What are some apts around the area that good to live in? Ihave these questions and more.... But if anyway can help me and answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
The convention in Galveston in July.... who is riding the bus there??? Is anyone going at all????

Hey Guys. I just joined SDN and this is my first post, but I been reading posts on here for a while.

I am been accepted at TSU this fall so I am really excited to meet my fellow classmates. But I am really new to what is what at the pharmay program. What is the dress code? Are we required to have a laptop? What are some apts around the area that good to live in? Ihave these questions and more.... But if anyway can help me and answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
The convention in Galveston in July.... who is riding the bus there??? Is anyone going at all????

Convention in Galveston in July is mandatory. All incoming P1 classmen are required to go. The fee for the convention is due this Saturday guys!! I plan to drive to Galveston since it's only 30 minutes away.

Laptop at TSU is not a requirement, but highly recommended. Dress code, as long as you don't look like you just came from the street, they won't kick you out. Try to go for a professional look. Slacks and shirt at the very least. Tie is optional.

Housing, area around school, not recommended. 288 South before 610, East side is bad, West side is good, but very expensive. 288 South after 610, East side is good, West side is bad. Feel free to send me a PM or catch me on AIM. I've been in Houston for 7 years now so I could give you pointers and advice if necessary. Ready for Summer Academy? :)

Convention in Galveston in July is mandatory. All incoming P1 classmen are required to go. The fee for the convention is due this Saturday guys!! I plan to drive to Galveston since it's only 30 minutes away.

Laptop at TSU is not a requirement, but highly recommended. Dress code, as long as you don't look like you just came from the street, they won't kick you out. Try to go for a professional look. Slacks and shirt at the very least. Tie is optional.

Housing, area around school, not recommended. 288 South before 610, East side is bad, West side is good, but very expensive. 288 South after 610, East side is good, West side is bad. Feel free to send me a PM or catch me on AIM. I've been in Houston for 7 years now so I could give you pointers and advice if necessary. Ready for Summer Academy? :)

I am so ready for the Summer Academy. I wonder what our classmates are gonna be like. Thanks for the tips. I guess I gotta change my wardrobe before the Summer Academy starts. :D And I wanted to ride the bus to the convention because I thought it would be a nice to get know our classmates better on the way there. Now, I am not sure. But it would be nice not having to drive with the high gas prices. :scared: What should I do???

All P3 classes are at TMC and P4 is rotation.
The TMC building does not belong to TSU, they are renting it. we had a class there this semester (patient assessment) and it sucked. Not the campus but the class.

Congrats to all the class of 2012..........we can't wait for u guys to join us.
one advise I have for u guys especially those coming from other schools like UH, have an open mind, be ready to mix with your classmates. Diversity is a beautiful thing and life will be easier for you and your classmates. My class is tagged the " worst class in the history of TSUCOP" just because people refuse to mix . P3 and P1 students don't have that problem but somehow, P2 class does. So it depends on individual. If you make things easy for you and your classmates, instructors will like your class and and you will do well in your classes. your class will get all the scholarships during banquet nights because you guys will have high GPAs. It only takes one thing to have a successful class ---------be open minded, share your information with your classmates. Don't share with only the asians or only with the africans, share with the whole class and be friends with everyone. P3 class is my favorite class followed by P1. they understand the systems and they are very successful as a class.

I agree with this statement 100%. I have been at TSU for all of my pre reqs and many P3 students have told me that it is a group effort and not a competetive one. It would be nice if someone started a facebook profile for class of 2012, we could get to know each other and start on a good note. I have heard as well of the 2011 class being very segregated and the issues many have had.