Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with this statement 100%. I have been at TSU for all of my pre reqs and many P3 students have told me that it is a group effort and not a competetive one. It would be nice if someone started a facebook profile for class of 2012, we could get to know each other and start on a good note. I have heard as well of the 2011 class being very segregated and the issues many have had.
Here, I created one, join up and start posting pictures :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31577741936

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with this statement 100%. I have been at TSU for all of my pre reqs and many P3 students have told me that it is a group effort and not a competetive one. It would be nice if someone started a facebook profile for class of 2012, we could get to know each other and start on a good note. I have heard as well of the 2011 class being very segregated and the issues many have had.

You mean 2010 class, I think 2011 class is better.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an e-mail stating that I need to turn in my Spring 2008 transcripts even though I've finished all of my required classes in Fall 2007. Did anybody else in the same situation receive the e-mail? Just wondering if it's just a mass e-mail.

I just received an e-mail stating that I need to turn in my Spring 2008 transcripts even though I've finished all of my required classes in Fall 2007. Did anybody else in the same situation receive the e-mail? Just wondering if it's just a mass e-mail.

It must be a mass e-mail. I got the same thing.

which computer science classes did everyone take to fulfill their pre-reqs? and at which schools? thanks. :)

Talked to the professor. She said that the decision for TSU extended accreditation will be determined by JULY....that sucks coz I dun think I can delay my decision until then. She continued saying that even the school is on probation (the worst scenario), it won't effect the accreditation status. The institution is STILL ACCREDITED. The probation status will just be a warning to TSU to make some critical changes in the next year.

The average stats for this year is around 3.6 GPA (wow) and 65-67 PCAT. Just want to give a heads up to those applying next year. Pharmacy experience (job preferred) does play a role on the application.

Hope this helps.:)

for the avg 3.6 gpa, is that the gpa for science and math courses only or everything? and dont they separate transfer credits too? i am on pace to apply next spring and i greatly appreciate any tips or advise any of you guys might have. :)

I got the same email, they just want to verify that you passed the remainder of the prereqs which keeps you qualified for the pharm D program.

how is Dr. Sundaresan for vertebrae anatomy? and dr. miranda for organismic biology? if yall know how they are like teaching, learning, tests, and overall grade/difficulty.. much appreciated

Turned all of my stuff in today, MO for TPA meeting and the Spring transcript. Can't wait for Summer Academy to start!!! :D

how is Dr. Sundaresan for vertebrae anatomy? and dr. miranda for organismic biology? if yall know how they are like teaching, learning, tests, and overall grade/difficulty.. much appreciated

Don't know about Dr. Miranda, but Dr. Sundaresan is insane. As long as you can remember everything that she throws at you, you'll be fine. Her class and lab is not hard at all, just lots and lots of memorization.

Members don't see this ad :)

Dr. Miranda's class is okay. His lectures have nothing to do with his tests so you do have to study on your own time. Lots of concept questions and he loves essay questions. Show up to class daily and speak to him in his office so he'll know your name.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a link showing the course load for the TSU pharmacy school

Congradulations to all who got accepted.

Take microbiology if you have never taken it before. That way you do not have to worry about it during the P1 spring semester.

If you have never taken classes at TSU before you enter the pharmd program, you can take nutrition to replace pharmacy orientation and pharmacy applications. Make sure you check with the advisors for the nutrition course you plan take.

Take it at a community college if you can to save some money.
I took Microbiology at houston community college and nutrition online at north harris cc (now lonestar college).
BIOL_1322_1W801_Nutrition Inc
Make sure you don't go over the 66 hour community college transfer limit.

Don't know about Dr. Miranda, but Dr. Sundaresan is insane. As long as you can remember everything that she throws at you, you'll be fine. Her class and lab is not hard at all, just lots and lots of memorization.

not hard but a lot of memorization? so does that mean like no critical thinking or difficult test questions but just remembering a lot of stuff? and the memorization is material from the text book or from lectures? thanks in advanced for the heads up on Sundaresan

not hard but a lot of memorization? so does that mean like no critical thinking or difficult test questions but just remembering a lot of stuff? and the memorization is material from the text book or from lectures? thanks in advanced for the heads up on Sundaresan
By insane, I meant she wouldn't show up to class half the time. Then one day, she suddenly does, and dock off points of the students who weren't there that day :laugh: And yeah, the memorization game is pretty much that. Name all the bones in your body, all the layers of the skin and their functions...etc... Stuff like that.

3.7 GPA overall isnt really that hard to get. however, 65 percentile on the PCAT is! also is it true that one of the questions they always ask in the interview is the grade that you recieved in pharm 111,112, 211, and 212?

Hi all!

Class of 2012!!! See you all in July!

@Guardians: I havent take the Nutrition Class yet. Can i take it during the professional year?

I believe the nutrition class was to substitute for one of those pharmacy classes. so if you haven't taken it... then you will have to take the Phar111 or 121 classes (<--something like that, not quite sure of the course #). i was told that you can complete taht in your spring P1 semester! hope that helps! :)

Hi all!

@Guardians: I havent take the Nutrition Class yet. Can i take it during the professional year?

does TSU pharmacy ever conduct drug testing? either before u enter, during, or right before u graduate?

haha. i dont do drugs or anything but i just want to know.

Yes, I took nutrition in the Spring of my P1 year. Less work if you take it in the summer but that's up to you. Fall semester is 17 hours and Spring semester is 15 hours if you already have microbiology. Best if you take it in the Spring or the summer after your P1 year.

The only requirement is that you have never taken ANY class before entering TSU.

The nutrition class will replace PHAR 111, 112 and 211. The only class you will have to take is PHAR 212 - Medical Terminology.

Hi all!

Last edited:
I guess if you attend TSU before entering the pharmd program, they might ask you. I never heard of anyone being asked that question though.

I transferred into the program so it would not apply to me. :)

3.7 GPA overall isnt really that hard to get. however, 65 percentile on the PCAT is! also is it true that one of the questions they always ask in the interview is the grade that you recieved in pharm 111,112, 211, and 212?

They only required background check so far for me. Haven't heard of any drug tests.

does TSU pharmacy ever conduct drug testing? either before u enter, during, or right before u graduate?

Thanks a lot!!!

I took Microbiology already! Glad i did it :laugh:

I saw 3 labs in the Fall Semester... wow, kinda too much... is it 3 hours each?

Yes, I took nutrition in the Spring of my P1 year. Less work if you take it in the summer but that's up to you. Fall semester is 17 hours and Spring semester is 15 hours if you already have microbiology. Best if you take it in the Spring or the summer after your P1 year.

The only requirement is that you have never taken ANY class before entering TSU.

The nutrition class will replace PHAR 111, 112 and 211. The only class you will have to take is PHAR 212 - Medical Terminology.

As far as I know, each lab is 3 hours long just looking at the schedule. Speaking of which, does anyone know if we register for classes now or do we have to wait until orientation in july? Also, do we have to attend those general TSU orientations for all new students as well?

summer 2 of 08 is the last time physics for pharmacy will be offered at TSU and wilkerson is the professor and almost everyone i have talked to said good things about him. so this is just a heads up for people who havent take physics yet.

also, has anybody had professor billy turner before for english? if so, what is he and his class like?

thanks in advanced :)

Anybody know where we meet this monday for summer academy? thnx

Yes, each lab is 3 hours long. Pharmaceutics = calculations lab is shortest. If you finish fast, you leave early. Patho lab is longest. Dr. Eugere will probably teach it. He is a nice man, but he will take up the 3 hours. Most boring class in my life. I don't remember about the third lab, I think it is Biochem but I don't remember what we did in there.

Thanks a lot!!!

I took Microbiology already! Glad i did it :laugh:

I saw 3 labs in the Fall Semester... wow, kinda too much... is it 3 hours each?

You register at the end of summer academy I think. Registration is manual, you will do it in person. Kind of backwards, but that's how we do at TSU.

Not sure what consequences will be, but I did not attend the general orientation myself.

As far as I know, each lab is 3 hours long just looking at the schedule. Speaking of which, does anyone know if we register for classes now or do we have to wait until orientation in july? Also, do we have to attend those general TSU orientations for all new students as well?

i picked up a paper in the pharmacy building for fall applicants of 2009 and it says that pharmacy 111, 112, and 211 are now "electives." does that mean those classes are optional and not mandatory?