TOUROCOM - New York Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this questions goes out to Colbert.

From what i hear Touro is remodeling and going to have a 4th and a 5th floor. I hear their is going to be a gym on the 4th floor. And on the fifth floor, research will be conducted. Does anyone know when the 4th and 5th floor will be complete? Apparently it is already under construction. what kind of research will be conducted? when do the pharm kids start and move into the building?

Last edited:
I guess this questions goes out to Colbert.

From what i hear Touro is remodeling and going to have a 4th and a 5th floor. I hear their is going to be a gym on the 4th floor. And on the fifth floor, research will be conducted. Does anyone know when the 4th and 5th floor will be complete? Apparently it is already under construction. what kind of research will be conducted? when do the pharm kids start and move into the building?

I was there last week, and the fourth floor was still just bare-bones and definitely looked like a construction zone. Obed said the gym would probably be ready in about a year, but they reimburse us $10 a month for a gym membership elsewhere. I guess the Planet Fitness down the street is $19 a month, which makes it $9 for us. I haven't had a chance to check out the gyms in the area though to decide which one I'll use.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shmay congrats!!!
So now I am #1, I hope I here this week so I can get started on moving and all my Fin aid and other forms done.

Anyone else seriously broke from the med school app process. I have never had so much debt.

Meggielou, I was accepted to WVSOM like you so my question is.

Did you get any of your deposit back when you withdrew from WVSOM??

I just got a call from Obed. I've been accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited:

Congrats! See, I told you! Obed makes things happen. So worth the wait, wasn't it? Mholt, you'll hear within a few days I'm sure. I'm thinking positive for you. You know, like the secret ;)

I'm hoping and praying they rank me #1 on the medium waitlist. I've been sending them as much stuff as I can to show them how much I want this. I'll just have to wait and see. Any of you have any advice on what I should do? I don't want to harass Obed too much.

hey guys, I am in different continent Asia now. I was wondering if you guys have received anything from Touro, any document??

I visited facebook, and it seems like financial aid document has been sent. ANything else?

Congrat Shmay

Meggielou, I was accepted to WVSOM like you so my question is.

Did you get any of your deposit back when you withdrew from WVSOM??

Nope, they keep the full 3k. Oh well, I'll save so much money over the course of 4 years because I won't have to pay the HUGE oos tuition at wvsom, that I don't feel too badly about it.

hey guys, I am in different continent Asia now. I was wondering if you guys have received anything from Touro, any document??

I visited facebook, and it seems like financial aid document has been sent. ANything else?

Congrat Shmay

What part of Asia are you in?? Sounds like a great way to spend your time before med school starts!

To answer your question, we've received a registration form, along with a couple other simple forms to fill out and sign. They have to be returned by July 18th, or there will be a late fee I think. If you won't be back in time, I would contact the school and let them know!

wow, it looks like everyone is done with their loan apps. I guess i need to get started :(. i filled out the fafsa and everything but haven't done the m-epn. I know i posted this on the face book group, Did everyone use Touro as there lender or something else?

Thanks Meggielou. I hope to get the call up to the majors soon. Everyone seem to be very supportive and helpful at Tourocom.

wow, it looks like everyone is done with their loan apps. I guess i need to get started :(. i filled out the fafsa and everything but haven't done the m-epn. I know i posted this on the face book group, Did everyone use Touro as there lender or something else?

i've been wondering the same thing. i'm seriously considereing using Touro as my lender. i also have another question, which may sound stupid, but what's the m-epn?

i also have another question, which may sound stupid, but what's the m-epn?

I think you mean eMPN electronic Master promissory note. You more than likely signed one as a freshman in college. But, you will have to sign another.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you mean eMPN electronic Master promissory note. You more than likely signed one as a freshman in college. But, you will have to sign another.

whoops, i meant the eMPN. sorry

time for me to look for a condo in NYC. meggielou... allisome... a817, etc., i think you guys are going to be stuck with me for good. lol.

Thanx allisome
I am in South Korea now where I originally came from.

There is no osteopathic physicians in asia basicallly. I reaallly want to bring osteopathic philosophy to asia sometimes in my career.

time for me to look for a condo in NYC. meggielou... allisome... a817, etc., i think you guys are going to be stuck with me for good. lol.

Yaaay!!!! :soexcited:

I'm sorry about the Western thing, but I'm being selfish :) Can't wait to meet you and everyone else.

Yaaay!!!! :soexcited:

I'm sorry about the Western thing, but I'm being selfish :) Can't wait to meet you and everyone else.

Can't wait to meet you all. It look like Tourocom has a ton of SDN'ers this class. Too bad we never use the 2012 class thread, and only post on the pre osteo forum :laugh:

well its july 11th, which means one more month for the ball and chain :scared:

Yay from me too! Sorry Western didn't work out :(...but we're going to have lots of fun in NYC! Let me know if you want info for my broker...he may still have some units in the same building as me and meggielou and another girl will be living or at least in the area. I would love for as many classmates as we can get in the same area!

Ps this is my first post from my blackberry! I love this thing!

Can't wait to meet you all. It look like Tourocom has a ton of SDN'ers this class. Too bad we never use the 2012 class thread, and only post on the pre osteo forum :laugh:

well its july 11th, which means one more month for the ball and chain :scared:

Ahh I can't believe it's only a month away! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Sorry for the double post...not sure how to do more than one reply on here yet :)

Yay from me too! Sorry Western didn't work out :(...but we're going to have lots of fun in NYC! Let me know if you want info for my broker...he may still have some units in the same building as me and meggielou and another girl will be living or at least in the area. I would love for as many classmates as we can get in the same area!

Ps this is my first post from my blackberry! I love this thing!

hey, well western hasnt rejected me, i am kinda rejecting them at this point lol. btw, what kind of building is it? im looking for something with a doorman, and a balcony... yes im spoiled.

hey, well western hasnt rejected me, i am kinda rejecting them at this point lol. btw, what kind of building is it? im looking for something with a doorman, and a balcony... yes im spoiled.

Well, it has a doorman, but no balconies. Central air and it's newly renovated, but if you're as spoiled as you say you are, it might not be to your taste.:) Good luck with the search!

well in my case, Western and I both rejected each other after interview. Even though I love so cal, I would not want to practice medicine in california. I heard there are too many docs, too saturated

Honestly, CA is a great place to practice as an Osteopath. Same thing with Colorado. People are more health minded, and often times seek out DOs over MDs there. Especially in the Nor Cal area. I lived in Boulder for years, and pretty much every doctor I saw was a DO. I'm really hoping that, if I get into TouroCOM, they allow students to rotate at some of the Touro CA sites, because it's really hard to get licensed in CA, and if you've done some training there it'll be a little easier for you. I just want to have as many options as possible when I'm done with school.

Allisome and Maggielou, what building are you living in?

you can rotate in cali in Touro CA spots if you go to tourocom, i already asked obed that ;).

i would think new york would be because they city is crazy. hopefully we get to see lots of weird things

OMG 1 more month!!! i keep reading my orientation stuff over and over again. and i think my fiance, friends, and family are tired of hearing me talking about Touro. thank god i have u guys to talk to haha

Accepted HELL YEAH!!!! Pamolive it is on to you. I cant wait to move. Are there any pre-orientation get togethers.

congrats mholt!!!!:hardy: we should do a get together before orientation or something during orientation night ;)

Well, it has a doorman, but no balconies. Central air and it's newly renovated, but if you're as spoiled as you say you are, it might not be to your taste.:) Good luck with the search!

i already found where i am going to be living next year. high rise, in the area, doorman, security, balcony, parking, ;) but i will be paying $1800/month for a 1 bedroom but whatever. This may mean i might be bringing a car.

you can rotate in cali in Touro CA spots if you go to tourocom, i already asked obed that ;).

Do you have any idea whether Touro CA students will be able to rotate at Tourocom sites? I had a really hard time deciding between the two, if I was able to do some rotations back in NYC it would make me so happy! And maybe then some of my east coast friends would stop yelling at me for going to school in CA :D

Do you have any idea whether Touro CA students will be able to rotate at Tourocom sites? I had a really hard time deciding between the two, if I was able to do some rotations back in NYC it would make me so happy! And maybe then some of my east coast friends would stop yelling at me for going to school in CA :D

i would guess you should be able to, if touro ny can do it why cant the california branch do it. I would say call touro ca to make sure.

Will this be happening?? I would love to meet people! I'll be back in NYC in the first part of August. Maybe a bunch of us can plan to meet a few days before orientation so everyone has the chance to move and get situated.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. And I also will be moving in August 1st. We should get something together.

I cant wait to start school!!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats. And I also will be moving in August 1st. We should get something together.

I'm excited as well. And we should all def get together. I can't freakin wait!

Congrats!!!!! :soexcited:

I hope I hear soon.

Accepted HELL YEAH!!!! Pamolive it is on to you. I cant wait to move. Are there any pre-orientation get togethers.

Congrats mholt! There will definitely be some pre-orientation get togethers...probably something just about every night the week before orientation! Can't wait! :D

Quick question. How did you all find out your position on the waitlist? Did Obed send you an email about it, or did you have to call to find out? I'm really anxious to know if they ranked the medium waitlist, and if so what my number is. Do you think I should call to find out? I've already sent him about a million emails over the past 2 weeks, so I don't want to annoy him too much.

Quick question. How did you all find out your position on the waitlist? Did Obed send you an email about it, or did you have to call to find out? I'm really anxious to know if they ranked the medium waitlist, and if so what my number is. Do you think I should call to find out? I've already sent him about a million emails over the past 2 weeks, so I don't want to annoy him too much.

We got an email with our positions on the waitlist every monday.

does anyone know what obed's email add is?

rb2200 thanks for the congrats. Good luck to you as well.

I have become addicted to this website so I took sometime to clean up my profile and put in a pic. Between this page and facebook I dont know if I will have any time to go to class.

We just got our waitlist update. I'm #1 on the medium waitlist. I really hope there's more movement. :luck:

does anyone know if there are anything we need to bring to orientation? like dressing up nice, etc. i hope not, i really want it to be a chill thang. also when is everyone moving to NY, we need to party it up every night before school start. I'll be there around late july. i'm still deciding on between a few apartments

Allisome and Maggielou, what building are you living in?

Sorry pamolive, I just noticed you asked this! We're living on W. 140th St. in a building that has just been renovated into luxury condominums. We are the first people to live in our unit...We've got all the perks (even heated floors and video intercom..plus the ones Meggielou mentioned of course), but since it's Harlem they are much more affordable than the ones downtown. Once you get off that waitlist, let me know if you want more info!

Status
Not open for further replies.