This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOSTRESSEDPREMED

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All. This year I have been accepted to LECOM, CUSOM, and Touro-NY Middletown. I immediately knew I didn't want to attend LECOM after the interview, but am still torn between the other two and would like some help since my deposit is due at Touro soon and I already had to put down a deposit at CUSOM. When visiting the schools, I like CUSOM more due to their facilities, but I also like Touro even though I hear a lot of bad things about it. I am leaning towards Touro because I am originally from PA with family in NY and do not want to move to NC. The thing that scares me about Touro is their COMLEX scores. I also have an interview at PCOM coming up, but I'm afraid it is a little late in the game.

I would appreciate your opinions on these schools. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All. This year I have been accepted to LECOM, CUSOM, and Touro-NY Middletown. I immediately knew I didn't want to attend LECOM after the interview, but am still torn between the other two and would like some help since my deposit is due at Touro soon and I already had to put down a deposit at CUSOM. When visiting the schools, I like CUSOM more due to their facilities, but I also like Touro even though I hear a lot of bad things about it. I am leaning towards Touro because I am originally from PA with family in NY and do not want to move to NC. The thing that scares me about Touro is their COMLEX scores. I also have an interview at PCOM coming up, but I'm afraid it is a little late in the game.

I would appreciate your opinions on these schools. Thank you!
The problems at Harlem, from what I've researched, have not been reported at Middletown. The Middletown campus has its own staff, and level 2 board scores have not been released yet (the low Level 2 scores are from the Harlem campus only). Otherwise, Middletown, last year, had the 5th highest pass rate in the country for Level 1.

CUSOM is a good school, but I have no first hand experience, so cannot comment on it. I'd recommend going to the PCOM interview obviously.

Reactions: 1 user