TMDSAS 2007: Advise and Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're going to get a great education wherever you go. I met a dentist #1 in her class from SA and worked for one from Houston - both great. I'm going to Baylor because it, too, is a great school. But my family is there :) My interview at SA wasn't a winning experience either, but I went back for the day and it made all the difference. For me, between Houston and SA = SA hands down. I don't like the Houston area and my husband refuses to move back there. Just my .02.

Members don't see this ad.

It was a tough decision between San Antonio and Houston for me as well. Ultimately, San Antonio was a better fit for my personality. My wife really enjoyed the city as well as the employment options. If you want a full breakdown of my pros/cons for each, check out the "San Antonio or Houston?" thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a tough decision between San Antonio and Houston for me as well. Ultimately, San Antonio was a better fit for my personality. My wife really enjoyed the city as well as the employment options. If you want a full breakdown of my pros/cons for each, check out the "San Antonio or Houston?" thread.

Do you already live there?

I've been trying to figure out when my wife should start applying for jobs there. We're moving after the first week of July.

I do not live in San Antonio. My wife is a teacher and has already submitted applications to most of the school districts. Her references have already been contacted by them. Just like D-school applications, the earlier the better. We will move there in June.

I just got an acceptance letter from San Antonio today, and like NDANG, I'm pretty torn between the two.

ahh people it is easy.. just go to San Antonio ( it is pretty obvious I just want more spots to open up at Houston hahahha)

Whatever you do, don't go to San Antonio. I called yesterday and they said the class is pretty much full and I still have to get an acceptance from them so you really should just walk away:)

I think I'll have to go see the school again. Do you guys know when is the last day to make a final decision?

I have to let them know by the 14th, Wednesday. I've been weighing all pros and cons here for each one, really a tough call.

Have you two made up your minds?

Valentine's Day gift... another spot opened up at Houston... Elliot... what would it take for u to just pick San Antonio??? :D

Haha, Happy Valentine's CSI. I accepted San Antonio's offer after lots of thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Logic tells me to go to San Antonio, but my heart tells me to go to Houston....:rolleyes:
So...I follow my heart...:D :D :D How cheesy is that? hehhehe
Happy Valentines!

:) Thank u Elliot... ndang... hope to maybe see you in Houston... so I can give u hard time over picking Houston after all! :D j.k.

Happy V-day ya'all

Hey CSI. I called the school, they don't have that many open spots left anymore, I am beginning to lose hope!!!! They'll be meeting sometimes today to pick few more students I heard. I really feel for you, I am right where you are!!! Good luck

shans,

did they tell you the number of spots still available?

shans,

did they tell you the number of spots still available?

They just said there are not that many spots left. Are you also waiting on houston? Have you been interviewed by all three schools in TX?

i figured that much... they probably have a handfull... so... if not this cycle just apply again. No worries..... u might still get it. :D

p.s. Shans, they will create an alternate list in May! That is what they told me.... just fyi.

p.s. Shans, they will create an alternate list in May! That is what they told me.... just fyi.
They are still picking people!!!! The class isn't full yet. Let's not talk about alternate list yet!!!! Lets just hope we get in before then:love: :love: May be they'll give us a Valentine days's gift!!!! Who know!!!

And also just out of curiousity I know I have asked you this before but how do your Academic records look like!!! Average or above average? Ofcourse if you don't mind. I wish you the best anyway, I hope to see you next year and we should laugh about all these. Ha ha ha:love:

yeah no prob. 3.3 GPA 19 DAT... a bit too average to hope for any miracles if they are only looking at numbers... but I am not going to cry over it.. there is always the next cycle and maybe just maybe I can get my DAT a point or two higher.

What about u?

yeah no prob. 3.3 GPA 19 DAT... a bit too average to hope for any miracles if they are only looking at numbers... but I am not going to cry over it.. there is always the next cycle and maybe just maybe I can get my DAT a point or two higher.

GPA 3.6 DAT 20 I have already graduated. I don't know what else they want???? This's also my second time applying, you are in a better place than I am since it's your first time. GOOD LUCK

Don't worry... u have good stats.... if u don't get in just apply again and apply early...

do u have enough extra curricular and shadowing hours?

btw. when was your interview in Houston?

Don't worry... u have good stats.... if u don't get in just apply again and apply early...

I have alot of extra currcicular activities and research experiences, but I guess I just talked too much in my interview which was end of october!!!!
I was too relaxed, I was really friendly and nice but I guess......

How about you?? When was your interview???

mine was 10/16... i sat next to a guy who said it was his second time applying , and second time interviewing at UTHSC-H , I wonder if u are the same guy. :)

what have u done to improve your application from last year?

I've been working so hard these past few months trying to add more shadowing hrs, more volunteer hrs, and imporve my application any way possible, I will retake DAT, but I don't really feel like going back to school and trying to take more classes... i have no time and money for that... so I hope those will count for something.

CSI,
Wasn't your interview 10/23? :D

Good luck to everyone.

BY THE WAY, Is anyone here holding spots at Baylor??

Please do let me know... :scared:

:confused: ........... Ex_EE ... u know me better than I know myself.. hahahaha.... sorry Shans... my interview was 10/23........... i am a dork!!!

Has any one heard of Houston or San antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :scared: :scared: What a life!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna move to Mary Land.

CSI,
Wasn't your interview 10/23? :D[/quote
Ex_EE, May I ask how was your score....... Were you up there 20 and above with 3.6 and above GPA. Can you give me some advise, Please???

Ex_EE has 4.0 GPA and 25 on DAT:cool:
Wow, thanks. I have heard that they'll be mailing out some more letters by end of this week. Have you heard anything like that???? Have you ever called the school????

Ex_EE has 4.0 GPA and 25 on DAT:cool:

Also let me ask you just like you have asked me how does your shadowing experience and research and stuff look like? Have you done alot of that. I have done the summer enrichment program.

no I have not called the school... no reason to. If you get in you will get a letter... if not.. u will get a rejection in April or so.... either way they won't tell u anything over the phone.

just try to relax, if u got into another dental school then start planning on moving there, and maybe read some previous posts on this forum, bc ppl already posted their stats, and how they heard from school, and what they were told.

;)

Has any one heard of Houston or San antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :scared: :scared: What a life!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna move to Mary Land.

everyone on this forum has heard of Houston and San Antonio. :rolleyes: j.k... :D

everyone on this forum has heard of Houston and San Antonio. :rolleyes: j.k... :D

Don't get all mad at me now!!!!!!!!!! I was just asking. Oh well, thanks for your help!!!! I guess I'll get my letter in april anyway;) j.k..

i was just joking... no harsh feelings!!! :) ... i hope u don't get that kind of a letter... :p

So is it safe to assume all the slots are filled at this point? I am getting depressed. I had an interview at SA and baylor but have not heard from them yet. Argh I dont even know what to think right now.

How does the alternate list work? If you get in the alternate list, you get a change to be accepted if someone drops their slot?

San Antonio told me that the class is pretty full but that they will still be giving out a few more acceptances. Baylor sent me a rejection letter, so no news from them is good news. I'm an out of stater though.

About two weeks ago, I was told Houston only had about 55 spots filled.

I received my acceptance letter for San Antonio back in December. My deadline to respond was January 7th or 8th, I think. I sent my letter back at the end of December accepting their offer, and I have not received anything back. Has anyone else received an acceptance packet or any more information after sending in your acceptance letter? I'm starting to get worried that maybe they didn't receive my letter.

No worries! I'm sure they have it. I spoke with Dr. Thomas a few weeks ago and everyone should be expecting a mailing with lots of info around Easter.

yeah, they said they'll start matriculating the class early/mid-spring, and that is when they'll send more paperwork.

Which TEXAS dental school is the easiest school to get into?

No worries! I'm sure they have it. I spoke with Dr. Thomas a few weeks ago and everyone should be expecting a mailing with lots of info around Easter.

yeah, they said they'll start matriculating the class early/mid-spring, and that is when they'll send more paperwork.

Thanks guys. I feel much better now!