TMDSAS 2007: Advise and Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tuxedomaxilla

I want your TEETH!
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread here for the Texans applying for dental school fall 2007. Main goal of this thread is to share advices and status on application/interview/acceptance to see how other fellow Texans are doing in order to see where you stand. Well, let the game begin till we all get accepted near Christmas! ;)

I heard it is really important to send in the TMDSAS as soon as possible so I submitted either May 31 near midnight or June 1 morning lol. On 6/2/2006 TMDSAS got my $$, Certificate page, photos, and HPAC document but don’t know why it just shows my dentist’s LOR without my 3 other professors. They got my CCCCD transcript 6/5/2006 and my UTD transcript 6/9/2006. Don’t know why they haven’t receive my DAT score (aren’t they suppose to get it since I check all 3 Texas school to receive it when I was applying to take the DAT?).

All in all, am I considered early? Did I meet the first round application deadline (whenever that is)? Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my application to TMDSAS on June 6, (fixed my essay errors the next day- eek), and it's ready to go. They received my $, photos, and signature on June 8 and had all my transcripts weeks ago. I don't think they post DAT scores until they verify all the transcripts and send the application to the schools. Shouldn't be too long, though. I've been really impressed with their speed on everything so far (cross your fingers). Oh, and I think you were possibly the first application in! Don't worry ~ we're early! BTW, where do you have your heart set on going? Wanna stay near Dallas? I'm torn. Can't wait to hear from the rest of the Texans! The ride has begun! :D

aggie.teacher said:
I sent in my application to TMDSAS on June 6, (fixed my essay errors the next day- eek), and it's ready to go. They received my $, photos, and signature on June 8 and had all my transcripts weeks ago. I don't think they post DAT scores until they verify all the transcripts and send the application to the schools. Shouldn't be too long, though. I've been really impressed with their speed on everything so far (cross your fingers). Oh, and I think you were possibly the first application in! Don't worry ~ we're early! BTW, where do you have your heart set on going? Wanna stay near Dallas? I'm torn. Can't wait to hear from the rest of the Texans! The ride has begun! :D

Yeah, I want to stay in Dallas (Baylor) if possible. 2nd choice is UTSA. hehe yeah the ride has begun!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from the Dallas area, so Baylor is tempting, but hey, let's see where I get in, right? I still lack two letters, so I haven't sent those in yet...but that's ok. I need to send in my secondary application for Baylor, too. Just sent in my AADSAS for Oklahoma and Kentucky just for kicks. I'd just as soon apply to only the Texas schools, but my husband insisted. :)

aggie.teacher said:
I'm from the Dallas area, so Baylor is tempting, but hey, let's see where I get in, right? I still lack two letters, so I haven't sent those in yet...but that's ok. I need to send in my secondary application for Baylor, too. Just sent in my AADSAS for Oklahoma and Kentucky just for kicks. I'd just as soon apply to only the Texas schools, but my husband insisted. :)

Hehe, I did the opposite. I finished the 2nd app for Baylor. Only half way done with AADSAS but got to finish it some time after my genetics exam this monday. So hard to do summer school and pay attention to AADSAS. :sleep:

Props to your husband btw :thumbup: ^_^

Woo ur a former highschool teacher?? Thats cool, if we end up in the same school lets share notes ^_~

Tuxedomaxilla said:
I just wanted to start a thread here for the Texans applying for dental school fall 2007. Main goal of this thread is to share advices and status on application/interview/acceptance to see how other fellow Texans are doing in order to see where you stand. Well, let the game begin till we all get accepted near Christmas! ;)

I heard it is really important to send in the TMDSAS as soon as possible so I submitted either May 31 near midnight or June 1 morning lol. On 6/2/2006 TMDSAS got my $$, Certificate page, photos, and HPAC document but don’t know why it just shows my dentist’s LOR without my 3 other professors. They got my CCCCD transcript 6/5/2006 and my UTD transcript 6/9/2006. Don’t know why they haven’t receive my DAT score (aren’t they suppose to get it since I check all 3 Texas school to receive it when I was applying to take the DAT?).

All in all, am I considered early? Did I meet the first round application deadline (whenever that is)? Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks

Hey just wondering what is HPAC documents are you talking about??

shengx12 said:
Hey just wondering what is HPAC documents are you talking about??

Thats the health profession advising center at my university. They help me gather up my rec letters and resume and have the dean write me a cover letter. Just something i heard Baylor likes. :cool:

Yeah, most schools prefer that applicants use their Health Professions Office if they offer committee letters - which is what Tuxedomaxilla is talking about. They do the same thing at UT where I'm finishing my prereqs. It's great because they keep all your letters for a certain number of years and you just have to contact them to have your letters sent out again, instead of bugging your professors. ;) Yeah, I taught high school science for 3 years before going back to school - biology, chemistry, IPC. And I'm all about working together when it comes to classes and stuff. I've heard rumors that SA isn't as good about "team effort" as other schools. Anyone know/heard any different? I'm sure things can change, but atmosphere means a lot.

If anyone is interested, this is my dental blog. I can't imagine anyone being that interested in my journey to dental school, but if they're out there, they've gotta love dentistry. It can get kind of tedious. http://dentalroad.blogspot.com/

I agree that Dallas is an awesome city but so is SA and Houston. Choose the school not the location, unless you have someone in your life your need to stay with. Remember you are going to be at that school 4 years of your life and all schools in Texas cost about the same. All I am saying is to be open until you visit the schools from a potential student perspective.

I've got everything turned in except for my DAT scores.

I'm scheduled to take it in June 30th, but I'm seriously considering moving it back 2 weeks to give myself more time to prepare for it.

aggie-master said:
I've got everything turned in except for my DAT scores.

I'm scheduled to take it in June 30th, but I'm seriously considering moving it back 2 weeks to give myself more time to prepare for it.

Don't get nervous and keep pushing it back! You can do it! One push back is responsible, if you think you really need it. Gig 'em ags!

I'm setting up a tour at San Antonio for August when the students get back. It sounds neat...you get to shadow a student and spend time in clinics. Call a month out and they'll get it going for you. Not sure what they do for Baylor and Houston. I had a personal tour of Baylor with a family friend. I'll see Houston if I interview there. But my husband doesn't want to live there, so we'll see. Hopefully by August we'll be interviewing, though ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I checked my TMDSAS today and they have my DAT scores and started to process my application! They haven't calculated GPAs, but it looks like it's on its way! :D

aggie.teacher said:
So I checked my TMDSAS today and they have my DAT scores and started to process my application! They haven't calculated GPAs, but it looks like it's on its way! :D

YEAH! I checked mine too and it shows my DAT score... the numbers are rolling~ :)

Mine has all the GPA stuff calculated and says it's been sent to the schools.

I've rescheduled my DAT for July 18th, but I might move it up if I'm ready before then.

aggie-master said:
Mine has all the GPA stuff calculated and says it's been sent to the schools.

I've rescheduled my DAT for July 18th, but I might move it up if I'm ready before then.

I got mine processed as of today! YAY... now just waiting for interviews... :thumbup:

Good luck on ur DAT's aggie master.... hehe I'm the only UT-system here but i want to go to Baylor!!!

Why is it that everyone prefers UTSA and Baylor over UT-houston. Is there something I need to know or is it just personal preference?

Oops. Accidently posted the same question twice. I had to go back and edit this entry. Anyways, disregard this one.

texasdental said:
Why is it that everyone prefers UTSA and Baylor over UT-houston. Is there something I need to know or is it just personal preference?
I prefer San Antonio over Houston because the area near the school in San Antonio seems much nicer to me than the area near the school in Houston and a dentist that taught at both told me that he thought I would like the SA school better. Also, I'm from a small town and I prefer San Antonio because it is a smaller city.

I'd probably choose Houston over Baylor because the majority of my family lives SW of Houston so it would be much closer to home than Dallas.

I am processed! Sigh of relief...So I'm really starting to lean toward San Antonio. The only turn off for me is the digital textbooks. With all the reading we will be doing, I can't imagine staring at my lap top all night. What do y'all think? I'm honestly only applying to Houston as a backup. My hubby's from Houston and never wants to move back :) I don't argue with that. So there's the personal preference. As far as the actual schools go...I know that the last time dental schools were actually ranked *they don't do it anymore* UTSA was no. 1. I'm really anxious to visit San Antonio and Houston to get a better perspective. I think it's more important to go to a school where you feel comfortable than the top ranked school. Who cares if you're in the top school if you're unhappy there? :p You've got it, aggie-master! Rock the DAT!

aggie.teacher said:
I think it's more important to go to a school where you feel comfortable than the top ranked school. Who cares if you're in the top school if you're unhappy there? :p

This is the best advice to give to someone who is deciding where to go to school. :thumbup:

How long did it take TMDSAS to process your application? I just submitted mine on Tuesday.

texasdental said:
How long did it take TMDSAS to process your application? I just submitted mine on Tuesday.
I think it took mine about 3 weeks.

I don't know how I ended up on this website, but it is too great for words.
Finally, I can get some input and advise from fellow Texans.

Here are my concerns:

1. My pseudo-useless HPAC advisor told me the first day to submit TMDSAS was JUNE 1st. I could've sworn I saw it as MAY 1st so I had him pull it up on his computer in back in March, and for some reason it said June 1st.. so I relaxed and postponed my app since I had to focus on finals and my wedding.
June 1st rolls around and the website now reads MAY 1st as the first day for submission....
Now I feel like I am a month or two behind the early folks and feeling at a disadvantage. Was it June 1st for the 2006 class? What's the deal?

2. Transcripts have been received. Application submitted yesterday. Money, cert page, photos being sent in this weekend. MY SCHOOL HAS NOT FINISHED MY HPAC LETTER . :mad: WHAT THE ...
anyways.. I know TMDSAS does not calculate GPA or budge until the they see the $$$. How long does it take to crunch numbers and send out my file to schools once the fee is received?

3. I keep postponing the DAT. Now it is late July. I read that TMDSAS will send out your file even without the score. Does anyone know how long it takes for TMDSAS to receive, process, and send out the official score to schools? Will the schools review my file at all without the score?

Now I am sweating bullets.
Sorry for the long post. I am a bit excited. Hope to hear from you guys.

meth mouth said:

Here are my concerns:

1. My pseudo-useless HPAC advisor told me the first day to submit TMDSAS was JUNE 1st. I could've sworn I saw it as MAY 1st so I had him pull it up on his computer in back in March, and for some reason it said June 1st.. so I relaxed and postponed my app since I had to focus on finals and my wedding.
June 1st rolls around and the website now reads MAY 1st as the first day for submission....
Now I feel like I am a month or two behind the early folks and feeling at a disadvantage. Was it June 1st for the 2006 class? What's the deal?

2. Transcripts have been received. Application submitted yesterday. Money, cert page, photos being sent in this weekend. MY SCHOOL HAS NOT FINISHED MY HPAC LETTER . :mad: WHAT THE ...
anyways.. I know TMDSAS does not calculate GPA or budge until the they see the $$$. How long does it take to crunch numbers and send out my file to schools once the fee is received?

3. I keep postponing the DAT. Now it is late July. I read that TMDSAS will send out your file even without the score. Does anyone know how long it takes for TMDSAS to receive, process, and send out the official score to schools? Will the schools review my file at all without the score?

It took them about 3 weeks from the time I sent / submitted everything for them to notify me that they mailed my stuff. I believe there was a big batch of mailings just this past week (which I was in), but I don't know if that was the first one or not.

meth mouth said:

Here are my concerns:

1. I submitted my app in the third week of May so it definitely wasn't June 1st.

2. It took about 3 weeks from the time they got my check. They posted that they had received my check about 3 days after I mailed it from College Station.

3. The schools, from what I've heard, will not review your file until it is complete. I'm sending my scores directly to schools and I heard it take one to two weeks for them to receive them. My advisor suggested that we take the DAT by June 30th, but she said if an extra month of studying could help us out a point or two on our AA, then it would be worth it to take it near the end of July. I think you should try your best to be ready in July and not move it back any further.

I'm scheduled for July 18th right now and I'm hoping to possibly move it up a week or two if I'm ready by then.

meth mouth said:

Here are my concerns:

1. I'm under the assumption that in years past, it was May 1st, but because spring grades aren't out by then, it doesn't make much sense for most people and this year, the app was released on May 1st and you couldn't submit until June 1st. Don't sweat it, you're fine! Relax and enjoy being married ;)

2. TMDSAS got my money in 2 days (June 8thish) and it got processed on the 21st. They say 2-4 weeks on the website.

3. Not sure about this one since I took the DAT way before the app was even available, so they've "had" my scores forever, even though they didn't have them posted...I think the ADA website says that it can take up to a month to get your scores verified and sent to the schools (first), who then send the score to TMDSAS. I'm not an adcom, so I don't know if they wait to look at DAT scores, but if your GPA is good and you "look" like a candidate without your DAT I'm sure they'll take a look at you. I'm sure they won't interview you until you have them. Let's see what others have to say. I'm still waiting on a letter from my boss (I'm a dental assistant) and then I have to notify my HPO to send my letters, so I'm waiting on that too. She said she'd do it this weekend (cross your fingers...)

Good luck to us all!

aggie.teacher said:
1. I'm under the assumption that in years past, it was May 1st, but because spring grades aren't out by then, it doesn't make much sense for most people and this year, the app was released on May 1st and you couldn't submit until June 1st. Don't sweat it, you're fine! Relax and enjoy being married ;)

2. TMDSAS got my money in 2 days (June 8thish) and it got processed on the 21st. They say 2-4 weeks on the website.

3. Not sure about this one since I took the DAT way before the app was even available, so they've "had" my scores forever, even though they didn't have them posted...I think the ADA website says that it can take up to a month to get your scores verified and sent to the schools (first), who then send the score to TMDSAS. I'm not an adcom, so I don't know if they wait to look at DAT scores, but if your GPA is good and you "look" like a candidate without your DAT I'm sure they'll take a look at you. I'm sure they won't interview you until you have them. Let's see what others have to say. I'm still waiting on a letter from my boss (I'm a dental assistant) and then I have to notify my HPO to send my letters, so I'm waiting on that too. She said she'd do it this weekend (cross your fingers...)

Good luck to us all!

Thanks everyone for the input. :love:

Earlier, I saw it as May 1st for the apps to be accessible and June 1st for submission. Now I read everywhere that first day to submit was May 1st.

Do you think your app was processed so quickly because it was sent in so early? This would mean I need to add a couple of weeks....

TMDSAS's website is not very clear or well organized. FAQ page makes me ask more questions and emailing doesn't help because they direct you back to the FAQ page... useless

Does anyone know the peak month/s for TMDSAS?

Already emailed them with all these questions... guess what link they sent me
I think what you have to do is ask them one direct question at a time using various email addresses.... ridiculous

Not sure what peak time is...just get it in as early as possible! Dr. Long at Baylor told me that even if you aren't finished with prereqs and the DAT, getting it in early lets them know that you're super interested and on top of things. They want your name as soon as possible, whether your file is complete or not. I honestly think that TMDSAS is just faster than AADSAS and your app should probably be processed as fast as ours. It seems like they did it in a cycle...Tuxedomaxilla submitted June 1st and I did on June 6th and I'm pretty sure ours were processed on the same date (the 21st). I was actually really surprised mine went through so fast. Yours should be processed by the end of July, and that is still SOOO early!

I just looked and mine was finished processing on June 14th.

My check made it there on May 22nd and my letters didn't make it there until June 8th.

I know this might seem a little antsy :) but what do y'all know about interviews? I was looking at the interview feedback section and there were a lot of UTSA interviews in early-mid August (as early as like August 2). That's almost a month away! Baylor seemed a little bit later. Haven't checked out Hoston yet. I'm trying to practice a question a day at least.

aggie.teacher said:
I know this might seem a little antsy :) but what do y'all know about interviews? I was looking at the interview feedback section and there were a lot of UTSA interviews in early-mid August (as early as like August 2). That's almost a month away! Baylor seemed a little bit later. Haven't checked out Hoston yet. I'm trying to practice a question a day at least.

woooo havent been here for a few days and i see many new faces.. i mean screen names hahah.. um. yeah mine got processed the same day as aggie.teacher and same for another guy that lived in the dallas area. I think its a regional thing cuz he submited all of hiss stuff early may when i submited my stuff june 1 since i took my dats may 22.... shrug... kinda not fair for my friend. Just do everything asap and not stress so much about it ;)

OMG interviews as early as August 2??!?!...dont have time to look over feedback yet cuz of genetics and humanities summer school. Better start looking over some feedbacks....

Tuxedomaxilla said:
woooo havent been here for a few days and i see many new faces.. i mean screen names hahah.. um. yeah mine got processed the same day as aggie.teacher and same for another guy that lived in the dallas area. I think its a regional thing cuz he submited all of hiss stuff early may when i submited my stuff june 1 since i took my dats may 22.... shrug... kinda not fair for my friend. Just do everything asap and not stress so much about it ;)

OMG interviews as early as August 2??!?!...dont have time to look over feedback yet cuz of genetics and humanities summer school. Better start looking over some feedbacks....

Hi, i just realized you attend UTD? I have a degree from UTA and took most of my prereqs from UTA..
I moved and will attend UTD this fall and spring for physics and a few extra bio courses..
any comments, thoughts, advise on the school?
no offense, but it seems a bit un-inspiring :sleep:
and i thought UTA was dismal....

BTW, did you take the Kaplan prep course in dallas??

meth mouth said:
Hi, i just realized you attend UTD? I have a degree from UTA and took most of my prereqs from UTA..
I moved and will attend UTD this fall and spring for physics and a few extra bio courses..
any comments, thoughts, advise on the school?
no offense, but it seems a bit un-inspiring :sleep:
and i thought UTA was dismal....

BTW, did you take the Kaplan prep course in dallas??

Your right, UTD is not FUN...Nor is UTA (Arlington)...UTD is one of those schools where u just focus most if not all of your time studying and getting into the graduate school you always wanted to go. UTD is just a stepping stone and i would say a really good stepping stone compare to party schools like UT Austin....if you want to have fun...than UTD is not the place but UT Austin will be hehehe.

Advise?...go to ratemyteachers.com or utd.com to find out if the professor is easy or not. For me, I don’t really mind if the teacher is good or bad as long as I get the good grade that dental schools want to see... so i would never pick the hard teacher. Avoid Hannings at all cost hahaha he is the genetics teacher that kills everyone's GPA. That is why I’m taking genetics this summer.

Yes, I did take Kaplan course in Dallas last semester and studied for 3 more weeks straight for DAT. However, I would say it wasn’t Kaplan that helped me the most but it was Topscore Pro and the fact that all the knowledge I needed fro the DAT I had obtain 2 years ago. I tend to forget stuff fast so I rush my sciences such as bio and ochem during summer time to condense it to two years instead of your regular 3 years.

What are you taking this fall? Cuz I'm taking physics 2 :)

Tuxedomaxilla said:
Your right, UTD is not FUN...Nor is UTA (Arlington)...UTD is one of those schools where u just focus most if not all of your time studying and getting into the graduate school you always wanted to go. UTD is just a stepping stone and i would say a really good stepping stone compare to party schools like UT Austin....if you want to have fun...than UTD is not the place but UT Austin will be hehehe.

Advise?...go to ratemyteachers.com or utd.com to find out if the professor is easy or not. For me, I don’t really mind if the teacher is good or bad as long as I get the good grade that dental schools want to see... so i would never pick the hard teacher. Avoid Hannings at all cost hahaha he is the genetics teacher that kills everyone's GPA. That is why I’m taking genetics this summer.

Yes, I did take Kaplan course in Dallas last semester and studied for 3 more weeks straight for DAT. However, I would say it wasn’t Kaplan that helped me the most but it was Topscore Pro and the fact that all the knowledge I needed fro the DAT I had obtain 2 years ago. I tend to forget stuff fast so I rush my sciences such as bio and ochem during summer time to condense it to two years instead of your regular 3 years.

What are you taking this fall? Cuz I'm taking physics 2 :)

I didn't know a website existed to rate professors.. perfect.. thanx

as for kaplan.. wasn't that class the biggest waste of money EVER
did you have susan as your teacher.. what a joke

i ordered topscore last week w/o hearing the reviews.. glad to see it gets high marks on sdn

i'm taking physics I, genetics (havent seen if its hanning or not), biochem I, and art this fall..

thanks for your advise

meth mouth said:
I didn't know a website existed to rate professors.. perfect.. thanx

as for kaplan.. wasn't that class the biggest waste of money EVER
did you have susan as your teacher.. what a joke

i ordered topscore last week w/o hearing the reviews.. glad to see it gets high marks on sdn

i'm taking physics I, genetics (havent seen if its hanning or not), biochem I, and art this fall..

thanks for your advise

No Problem! I had Susan hehe.... Genetics FALL in UTD IS Hanning....so i would switch it to spring if possible...

^_^

Tuxedomaxilla said:
No Problem! I had Susan hehe.... Genetics FALL in UTD IS Hanning....so i would switch it to spring if possible...

^_^

i know this is turning into an IM between two people, but last question

how bad is this guy.. what does he do.. is he hard or is he just flat out unfair
i can't change because its a prereq for the courses i need to take in the spring..

thanks again

meth mouth said:

how bad is this guy.. what does he do.. is he hard or is he just flat out unfair
i can't change because its a prereq for the courses i need to take in the spring..

thanks again

Im guessing your class for spring is molecular cell biology? If so, u can ask your advisor to sign you in for that instead of genetics.. yes..take mole cell before genetics..which is what i did... since hanning is ones of those hard teachers that uses a differnt book for the exam so u can say he is unfair and from what i heard..class average is below a 60... about 2 ppl make an A in his class.. most ppl either fail or get a C. My friend that makes A's all the time got a B- in his class....and B- at UTD is pretty low. Im taking genetics right now in the summer hahaha... good luck

hi, i'm not much help here but i'm new too and was happy to see some support for my questions.. so here goes

concerning your scores.. they are right around the averages for what TMDSAS posted in their stats data page (enrolled/accepted part)..
your PA is actually a bit higher..
in case you haven't seen the page:
http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/Final 2005-Ten Year Statistical Data-Dental.pdf
and
http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/Final Statistics Report - Entry Year 2005 - Dental.pdf

how are your math and bio grades on your transcript??
if you have some C's and a lot of B's, then maybe some hounding??

concerning your residency status.. i'm not sure because i was raised here, but shouldn't you have lived longer than a year to be considered a resident? i just remember my undergrad asking me if i lived in texas for at least 5 years to be considered a resident.. maybe its different with dental.

hope that helped

Gopher girl, sounds like your grades are good for bio and math, so they might ask you at your interview what happened on your DAT for those sections. I'd just be ready to have a good answer. I think they're concerned about consistency, so you might talk about your practice test scores like you did here and be ready to back up your story. That QR is a bugger anyway at the end of a VERY long test! Even for the best. I agree that TMDSAS's website could be a bit updated and more user friendly. TMDSAS will get your scores from the schools you sent them to. Don't know about retaking the test...I do know that if you retake, you need to show improvement/consistency - it will look bad if something goes down significantly. Oh, and why not Baylor? Good luck!!!

meth mouth said:

thanks again

Hannig (I think this is who you're talking about) tests you more on the statistical/mathematics part of genetics than the other professors. Some of my friends hated this and others had no trouble with Hannig. Although I never had Hannig, genetics is going to be hard no matter who the teacher is. It was still hard even the second time I took it. :scared: :p

I submitted my application June1st and mailed out my check that day. TMDSAS processed and sent it out June 21st.

UTSA is my first choice then UTH, then Baylor.

My stats here at Texas A&M are GPA:3.44, SGPA: 3.27

Taking DAT this tuesday...I'm pretty nervous.

LazurasDC said:
I submitted my application June1st and mailed out my check that day. TMDSAS processed and sent it out June 21st.

UTSA is my first choice then UTH, then Baylor.

My stats here at Texas A&M are GPA:3.44, SGPA: 3.27

Taking DAT this tuesday...I'm pretty nervous.

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks for the help aggie.teacher!!

I decided against Baylor b/c I don't have a letter of Rec from a Dentist, and even if I were to obtain one, it wouldn't be until August at the earliest. :(

I'm somewhat regretting it now, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

I also have a concern about TMDSAS. I had an evaluator who submitted my letter of rec way back at the beginning of June (the 1st I think) and it hasn't shown up on my application status!!!! WHAT DO I DO???? My other evaluator has shown up, and she sent it two weeks after the other guy!!

I'm really nervous, and I'd hate to have to ask him to send it again, but that's what it looks like. Has anyone else had this problem? This delay is really freaking me out.

Yeah I had the same thing happen with my transcripts with AADSAS. I had them sentout and they didn't show up as recieved for weeks and I called in and they said not to worry... I didn't trust them so I had the transcripts resent and sure enough a couple of days later they showed up as recieved.

Also, if they happened to recieve your LOR before you submitted your application online they may just discard it.

Also said:
Are you serious??? I submitted my app online a few weeks after it was sent. Can they really do that? That's awful. Now I'm really worried.