TMDSAS 2007: Advise and Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know when San Antonio is sending out there next round?

Members don't see this ad.

So...has anyone heard from Houston yet?
Here we go again ... :scared: Freakin Out Part II
I have a feeling my mail man will file a restrainin order against me...hehe :D

I was thinking...if they sent out the letters on Friday and I haven't gotten it then I probably won't get it.
Question is...How come I didn't get into any school in TX? My stats are pretty good, I'm a pretty good and likable person, and I'm a TX resident. The question that kept coming up during interviews is "so, you've applied to LSU also?"
I wonder if my residency in Louisiana has anything to do with it. Does anyone knows anything about this?

no news yet either from houston. and i'm FROM houston!! argh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here...no news from Houston and I live down the street...literally

Has anyone called UT-Houston to find out when they are sending the 2nd round and 3rd round of letters???? Any reliable sources out there? I am anxiously awaiting.... gl to all.

Unfortunately, same here. Nothing from Houston, and I live within 2 miles of the school. Not a good sign.

So...has anyone heard from Houston yet?
How come I didn't get into any school in TX? My stats are pretty good, I'm a pretty good and likable person, and I'm a TX resident. The question that kept coming up during interviews is "so, you've applied to LSU also?"
I wonder if my residency in Louisiana has anything to do with it. Does anyone knows anything about this?

ndang: check this site out: http://www.utsystem.edu/TMDSAS/ApplicationStatistics.htm#AppStats

for entering year 2005(most recent year listed), only 4% of nonresidents were accepted.

we should be getting some news by now, anyone???

i got nothing today. what is up with the mail man?

ndang: check this site out: http://www.utsystem.edu/TMDSAS/ApplicationStatistics.htm#AppStats

for entering year 2005(most recent year listed), only 4% of nonresidents were accepted.

I graduated from Louisiana so if I come back within 5 yrs then they will still consider me a resident. I have moved to Houston because of the hurricane and have worked here for a year now so I am also TX res.
However, during interviews they seem to be really hung up on the fact that I am a LA res. as well. Maybe I'm just paranoid...we'll see.

I got a letter from Houston today! I got accepted! :) :D :D :D

Congratulations! Houston Is A Great School In The Heart Of One Of The Biggest Medical Centers!

Congratulations. I will see you in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! see you in August!!!

I got this e-mail from the Office of Admissions at Baylor

We have filled all of our class positions with our first round of acceptance letters. We will be sending out letters to place applicants on our alternate list in late February/early March. The Admissions Committee will be meeting in late February to select applicants for our alternate list.

For more information about our programs, please visit our web site at http://www.tambcd.edu/admissions/admissions.html. Our catalog is also available for view at http://www.tambcd.edu/Catalog/catalog.html.

The 2005 and 2006 entering class profiles may be viewed at: http://bcd.tamhsc.edu/admissions/dental/class2003/class2003.html

etc....

:thumbdown:
This is why they made it pretty clear during my interview on Jan.12 that there wasnt' much of a shot. They kept saying, "you never know if a seat opens up," so I guess I may be on the alternate list. It felt like I was wasting my time being there, didnt even feel like talking anymore right off the bat. It was my 3rd time interviewing at Baylor, actually thought I had a shot, pretty disappointing. Oh well, I got accepted out-of-state, so I can't complain too much. Good luck to everyone waiting to get in somewhere. Dreams can come true if you keep dreaming...

Congratulations ndang, look forward to meeting you as well.

Those of you going to Houston consider joining our facebook group. I think its nice to have some idea who is going to be in classes with you for the next 4 years.

i recieved an acceptance letter from houston yesterday. i'm most likely going to deny it so another slot should be opening up soon.

Anyone know when San Antonio is sending out their next round of acceptances? Also, will they give you any info over the phone? I just wish I would know because I want to prepare for the future and it is so hard not knowing.

Anyone know when San Antonio is sending out their next round of acceptances? Also, will they give you any info over the phone? I just wish I would know because I want to prepare for the future and it is so hard not knowing.

I know Houston was very responsive over the phone regarding the 2nd round of letters, so S.A. might be as well.

i recieved an acceptance letter from houston yesterday. i'm most likely going to deny it so another slot should be opening up soon.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine just got an acceptance to SA this week. She interviewed at the beginning of January. When she interviewed they said that they do a review of the candidates and rank them every Monday. At that point you could receive a letter at any time, or it could be months. They also said around the end of February they'll release and alternate list.
Best of luck.

Still waiting....Any news from Houston anyone?????

Has anyone received their letters recently from Houston????? Today???
I am so sad, I have not heard anything yet. :( :( :( :( :( :(
I am afraid to call the school, I can't bear the pain!!!!

hahah.. i am not laughing at u , but with you. U should call them, I don't think they bite.. yet.

Second round was sent out on 01/19. If u were to get something it would have been there by now. But nope.. join the club of us unlucky ones that still didn't hear from them.

They said another round will go out mid Feb.. so... keep praying.

:cool:

If you don't mind how was your DAT score and everything!!!
Did you get into any other school?

I just checked the mail and I had a letter from Houston and a letter from Baylor including a scholarship offer.

A few months ago I was sure of where I wanted to go but now everything is up in the air. I think it's going to take a few weeks for me to figure it out.[/quote
have u decided which one u want to go too? because i was in the same siuation and i picked houston.:laugh:

[
after you send Houston the deposit, did you get any letter from them?
Have they reached you since?
please let me know because they have not call me yet after i sent them the deposit

I haven't heard anything from Houston. I think they are waiting to fill the class before they contact us again. I know that they are actually still interviewing.

congrat to those who got accepted
i got accepted to houston in the first round and i sent them the deposit but i have not get any thing from them yet. please let me know if you guys have the same situation or if you already got another letter from them. tnx

For some reason my sig didn't show up. I was accepted 12/1 and they have cashed my check. I haven't heard anything else from them.

I know Baylor said they'd send out info in Feb or March. I'm sure the other schools are not too different.

What's up???????????????? :confused: :confused:

I got accepted to Maryland dental school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still havent' heard anything from TEXAS.

congrat to those who got accepted
i got accepted to houston in the first round and i sent them the deposit but i have not get any thing from them yet. please let me know if you guys have the same situation or if you already got another letter from them. tnx

Don't wait. Call them. I started to get paranoid about this when I read an SDN nightmarish story that a student sent the deposit, the school cashed the check but somehow missed to record it in their system. When this person called (after the deadlines), the school told him the deposit was never received and that his spot was given to someone else. :eek:

To make sure this didn't happen to me, I gave the REGISTRAR a call. The lingo they used was, "Don't worry, you are deposited". They will also tell you that you need to send the Registrar (not the Dental School) a full set of transcripts as well.

Hope this helps.

Any suggestions for me, I only got accepeted to one out of state school. I had an interview with houston on october, still haven't heard anything. What do you think I should do?:confused:

Those of you going to Houston consider joining our facebook group. I think its nice to have some idea who is going to be in classes with you for the next 4 years.

Have you heard anything form them?

Have you heard anything form them?

Just to preface...this is not meant to be mean. You can go back and read through posts on previous pages. If you go back to (I think) page 14 you will see the most recent posting from applicants to Texas schools. This posting lists who applied where, who interviewed where, and who was accepted where. Also, if you read back through the posts you will see where different users have posted which school they are planning to attend in the fall. Thought this might help you get caught up with different conversations that have been going on since before interviews even started.

I received letter from Houston yesterday asking for my immunization records. That is good news. It seems that all is good from an administrative standpoint. Now about those shots...:scared:

hahah.. i am not laughing at u , but with you. U should call them, I don't think they bite.. yet.

Second round was sent out on 01/19. If u were to get something it would have been there by now. But nope.. join the club of us unlucky ones that still didn't hear from them.

They said another round will go out mid Feb.. so... keep praying.

:cool:

Any more updates on school!!! Have you called them lately? Who should I speak to when I call?

yes, I got that form yesterday as well. I thought they will send us some kind of form regarding they recieved our check first, but I guess that is not the way it works!:laugh:

Accepted
Baylor: aggie-master, aggie.teacher, tamubeast, toothfairy85, Pelotari
San Antonio: aggie.teacher!!!, Tux, toothfairy85, dippedindettol, DDeStiny, itsall3324453!, Procrastinate, aggie-master
Houston: aggie-master, DDeStiny, Pelotari, ElliotMX884, Ex_EE, itsall3324453!, toothfairy85, aggie.teacher, Csdental, Tux

Attending
Baylor: tamubeast, aggie.teacher
San Antonio: Procrastinate, aggie-master, dippedindettol, DDeStiny
Houston: Ex_EE, Pelotari, Csdental
, koosha

Any more updates on school!!! Have you called them lately? Who should I speak to when I call?

You have to know the secret code to get to the right person who can give you any information you need. Just call and say " Houston we have a problem, I did not get my acceptance letter yet".

Has anyone got in recently?

You have to know the secret code to get to the right person who can give you any information you need. Just call and say " Houston we have a problem, I did not get my acceptance letter yet".

How are you feeling about the whole thing???? Do you think we still have a chance?:cool:

I got my FAFSA done in the last week.

I'm planning on starting the shots in a few weeks. I wanted to do it already but I have bronchitis and I'm waiting until it clears up before I mess with anything else.

Hey guys,
I know we've been through this already but I'm still trying to compare Houston and SA.
I really like Houston after the interview. The school seems great and the students are happy.
The SA interview really dissappoint me. It was rainy that day so the school looks gloomy. The student who gave us the tour got the wrong schedule so she took all of us to the wrong interviewer. I was 20 minutes late for my 30 min interview!
Before the interviews, SA was my #1 because I like the relaxing city and it has a great reputation.
Does anyone know dentists from these schools and how good they are? THanks for your feedback.