***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So I'm not the only one who hasn't received the supplemental. I just got the "Application Complete" worried it's a soft rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I'm not the only one who hasn't received the supplemental. I just got the "Application Complete" worried it's a soft rejection.

I'm taking it as a soft rejection myself. Seems most people who they were interested in received a secondary fairly quickly.

I Esubmitted on 7/1. Finally got my LORs sent in yesterday. Got UNE's supplemental today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can it be because of your DAT? But theoretically it should not be a problem at all with your stellar GPA. Strange!

Think 19AA is too low? Few people I know starting this year have the same score as me and one had an 18 and got into VCU.

Think 19AA is too low? Few people I know starting this year have the same score as me and one had an 18 and got into VCU.
I don't think it has to do with stats. Those seem great to me. I got a supplemental and my DAT was 19 and gpa 3.35. Maybe just give it time. They have a huge stack of applications to get through.

Has anyone called in and been able to reach a person from UNE? It seems like every time I call I end up forwarded to leave a message.

Has anyone called in and been able to reach a person from UNE? It seems like every time I call I end up forwarded to leave a message.
Every time I've called they've answered. Never once gone to voicemail. Not that this helps you at all. What's your question?

Every time I've called they've answered. Never once gone to voicemail. Not that this helps you at all. What's your question?
No questions, I just want to pay my supplemental fee over the phone rather than mail it in.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've called them over 10 times throughout this week and they've never answered either

Why don't you guys email if calling is not working. They usually answer my email within 24 hours.

i've called them over 10 times throughout this week and they've never answered either

I had to call twice until someone answered. I have no idea if this helps, but from what I've seen admission offices are more accessible later in the day, like past 3pm. Keep in mind it's also EST.

I called and got through to someone to pay over the phone yesterday. They said they would send me an email confirmation of some sort but nothing yet.

what does it say under everyone aadsas school decision? does it say received/application complete?

I checked last year thread and invite start coming out around 8/6. mine been completed since 6/14. i wonder does it has to be updated to received/under review before one can receive an interview.

I checked last year thread and invite start coming out around 8/6. mine been completed since 6/14. i wonder does it has to be updated to received/under review before one can receive an interview.

You got a supplemental yet?

They told me application complete will be send to the admission to be review while under review are for those who just submitted their application and must be check to see if everything is complete before they send it off to admission.

Why is that the case?
Don't even stress it. If all your materials are in and they've confirmed that, you're fine. Don't listen to other people taking too much from what the AADSAS status says.

first batch submission and still no supplemental from them. should I contact them ?

first batch submission and still no supplemental from them. should I contact them ?
No, if they are going to send you a supplemental they will. Just let them do their thing.

I did. I gave them a legit update and added info. All the interested candidates were sent a supplemental. If you didn't get one, they most likely aren't interested and have moved on. Same goes for me. I didn't get anything. Everyone I know from first batch received supplementals within days to no later than a week. There is no "doing their thing" with this magical scenario they are staring at your app every morning thinking long and hard about it. But miracles do happen so I hope you do get a supplemental and then you can tell us about it! :)

Last edited:
I did. I gave them a legit update and added info. All the interested candidates were sent a supplemental. If you didn't get one, they most likely aren't interested and have moved on. Same goes for me. I didn't get anything. Everyone I know from first batch received supplementals within days to no later than a week. There is no "doing their thing" with this magical scenario they are staring at your app every morning thinking long and hard about it. But miracles do happen so I hope you do get a supplemental and then you can tell us about it! :)
So it's now unheard of for adcoms to re-review applications on a rolling basis? Hm, that kind of contradicts what happened the first cycle I applied and what I was told directly from UNE's admissions when I spoke with them.....which was "we can send a supplemental at any point in the admissions cycle as we re-review applications." No they're not staring at your app every morning but they do go into their pool multiple times if they feel they'd like to take a look at more candidates. Nothing magic about it, just logical progression of an application cycle.

So it's now unheard of for adcoms to re-review applications on a rolling basis? Hm, that kind of contradicts what happened the first cycle I applied and what I was told directly from UNE's admissions when I spoke with them.....which was "we can send a supplemental at any point in the admissions cycle as we re-review applications." No they're not staring at your app every morning but they do go into their pool multiple times if they feel they'd like to take a look at more candidates. Nothing magic about it, just logical progression of an application cycle.

Could be the case and I'd love to be optimistic, but none of what you said has been the experience from people I've known that served on admission committees or part of an admissions rep team. Think about it in a political way, what they say and what they do behind the scenes are waaaaaaay different.

Reactions: 1 user
if you know people who served on the admission committees, why don't you ask them what the issue with your application?

if you know people who served on the admission committees, why don't you ask them what the issue with your application?

The ones I knew served for regular college and other departments. I don't have any "connects" if that's what you implied. Again, this is all my experience and an opinion. Nothing I said was a scientific fact and I don't think any exist when it comes to subjective reviews for applications whether it's for school or employment.

Does everyone get asked to complete the supplemental? or only for people who will be invited to an interview?

The ones I knew served for regular college and other departments. I don't have any "connects" if that's what you implied. Again, this is all my experience and an opinion. Nothing I said was a scientific fact and I don't think any exist when it comes to subjective reviews for applications whether it's for school or employment.
Then take it from someone who serves on a "regular college and other department" committee: we re-review applications. A lot.

Hey guys, I applied to dental school last year on the last week of July. I received 5 interviews with my 5th coming from UNE in MAY. The best thing you can do right now is relax. Now that you have everything submitted just relax, fill out supplementals when you receive them and believe everything will work out. I was all set to go to another school in January and ended up loving UNE and choosing to attend there in April. It's a very long cycle and the under review/application complete stuff really holds no weight in your chances. Admissions committees are swamped right now with the class of 2020 starting up and the new cycle. If they don't get back to you right away, you'll eventually get ahold of them. 1 or 2 weeks won't make a difference in a cycle that lasts a good part of the year. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions!

Does everyone get asked to complete the supplemental? or only for people who will be invited to an interview?

Not everyone receives a supplemental and not everyone who receives a supplemental will be interviewed. It's safe to say no supplemental means no interview though. Hope this helps!

Not everyone receives a supplemental and not everyone who receives a supplemental will be interviewed. It's safe to say no supplemental means no interview though. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply! yea I received my supplemental this morning after submitting my application on this past sunday night :)

Then take it from someone who serves on a "regular college and other department" committee: we re-review applications. A lot.

Thanks for the reply! yea I received my supplemental this morning after submitting my application on this past sunday night :)

This is what I mean. He submitted Sunday and got a supplemental a day later. Some of us from first batch never received one. Jnguy said it well, if you don't get one then they passed up on you. So, xerxes, that is kind of what I'm saying. I know where you're coming from. Hope you see where I am too.

This is what I mean. He submitted Sunday and got a supplemental a day later. Some of us from first batch never received one. Jnguy said it well, if you don't get one then they passed up on you. So, xerxes, that is kind of what I'm saying. I know where you're coming from. Hope you see where I am too.
I don't understand why they're not sending you the supplemental.. you have a GREAT GPA and your DAT score is just average. I think you are competitive cus my GPA from post-bacc sucks. I have a 3.40

Received my complete and ready to review email today.

Hey guys, I applied to dental school last year on the last week of July. I received 5 interviews with my 5th coming from UNE in MAY. The best thing you can do right now is relax. Now that you have everything submitted just relax, fill out supplementals when you receive them and believe everything will work out. I was all set to go to another school in January and ended up loving UNE and choosing to attend there in April. It's a very long cycle and the under review/application complete stuff really holds no weight in your chances. Admissions committees are swamped right now with the class of 2020 starting up and the new cycle. If they don't get back to you right away, you'll eventually get ahold of them. 1 or 2 weeks won't make a difference in a cycle that lasts a good part of the year. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions!

I completely agree. I've experienced how much anxiety and stress comes with applying, but it's unhealthy to make assumptions and it could drive you crazy.
It's tough to get in touch with schools during the cycle but I would just keep trying until you get a hold of them. For some schools, I had to call at different times in the day several times until I got through.

I'd be happy to answer any questions as well!

My DAT and GPA is not stellar, but I received a supplemental application on 7/11, and I completed and paid it on 7/18. It was delayed because I was taking my DAT on 7/13.
Submitted my AADSAS app 6/30.

Haven't heard anything yet afterwards.

Another day to wait. I've been checking my emails like a mad man.

Reactions: 3 users
They still haven't sent out any invite yet?