UNE Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: UNE Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of New England - College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of New England - College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.34
DAT: 19.3AA, 18.8TS, 19.6PAT
Applied: 822
OOS: 771 Applied, 280 Interviewed, 163 Accepted
IS: 21 Applied, 13 Interviewed, 12 Accepted
International: 30 Applied, 10 Interviewed, 5 Accepted
# Enrolled: 61
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.50
DAT: 19.2AA, 18.8TS, 20.1PAT
Applied: 870
OOS: 805 Applied, 173 Accepted
IS: 19 Applied, 7 Accepted
International: 56 Applied, 7 Accepted
# Enrolled: 62
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.09-3.89
Overall: 3.24-3.91

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does UNE CDM do cutoffs?
Not stated on their website so more than likely not. However, looking at the lower 5th percentile for applicants accepted on 2024 (CO 26) ADEA guide, they admitted students with AA17, PAT/TS 16, sGPA 3.04, and oGPA of 3.18. But these are few and far between and represent a small handful of students in their class. To be competitive you should strive to be at or above the averages for the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on an email about the supplemental fee too

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received the supplemental email yet? According to last year’s thread, they sent out the supplemental fee email on July 12th.

so looking at those general stats for the class of 2026, you're saying they accepted 187 people for a 62 student class? so 125 people declined their acceptance? if those stats are correct how can the school send out that many acceptances for such a small class?

so looking at those general stats for the class of 2026, you're saying they accepted 187 people for a 62 student class? so 125 people declined their acceptance? if those stats are correct how can the school send out that many acceptances for such a small class?
UNE sends a lot of acceptances to OOS students. Not all of them accept their offer. That could be due to costs, location, getting into other programs. It all depends.

The school can’t accept more students then their class size and each school has their own way to go about filling their class. Some might fill it up right away, some do 50% of seats, some do more or less and save some seats for post December interviews. It all depends. UNE typically knows around how many students they need to interview to get a full class. Also being in Maine is pretty isolating, and cold. So some applicants might decide it’s not for them.

Some schools have higher applicant retention compared to others. Harvards interview to acceptances is like >60% because it’s Harvard and their applicants typically specialize which their med curriculum helps them with. I think it all just depends on the school and where they’re getting applicants from and whether or not they’re private/public and the proximity of the school to the applicant.

Received this email today. Does anyone here got the same email and eventually got an interview from UNE in the past? Please let me know.
33793F65-BD39-41C2-9F5A-487515BDEFD4.png

Received this email today. Does anyone here got the same email and eventually got an interview from UNE in the past? Please let me know.
View attachment 374732
I got this email when I applied last cycle but never got the Kira interview invite unfortunately. I know some ppl that never got this email and got denied right away. So it's not the worst sign, it's actually promising.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the supplemental fee email a few days ago. Just adding to the thread in case anyone was still wondering if they had sent any yet!

Did anyone who submitted around 6/9 get the supp fee email?

Applied last year. Did a Kira interview and then got waitlisted and denied late by June or July. This year I got the same email saying it is going through preliminary review…hoping for a secondary, interview and then an acceptance. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Last edited:
i received an email to submit the fee on friday but i was an approved FAP student. I emailed Sari Hazzard asking if UNE accepts the waiver as she seems to be the one primarily responsible for handling dental admissions but she is on vacation until August 21 and I had 10 days from August 11 to submit the fee otherwise i'm considered withdrawn? help!! does anyone know if UNE accepts the fee waiver and what I should do in this case?

just got secondary supp app, applied in late June so it looks like the timeline matches in case others were wondering!

I just got invited to an open house via email. Does anyone know if that is indicative of anything?

I just got invited to an open house via email. Does anyone know if that is indicative of anything?
got the email today as well to go check them out. I did do Kyra last year and I was waitlisted....but this year I am still waiting a Kyra invite. I have now done 2 other Kyra interviews and have gotten a Bootcamp link from LMU (if anyone else is applying there) that annoys me due to the insanely high price for a *set and promised* interview.

if you receive the supp fee email does that mean you are likely getting an interview?

I received an email stating that my application was missing my DAT. Nevertheless, I sent my DAT scores directly to the University of New England through the CDA at the mailing address: 716 Stevens Ave., Portland, Maine, 04103, on June 6. Could you please advise me on where I should resend it? With gratitude and appreciation.

I received an email stating that my application was missing my DAT. Nevertheless, I sent my DAT scores directly to the University of New England through the CDA at the mailing address: 716 Stevens Ave., Portland, Maine, 04103, on June 6. Could you please advise me on where I should resend it? With gratitude and appreciation.
did you put it in AADSAS? That's where it should be and when you signed up, you should've selected all schools. It'll automatically be sent. Make sure this won't be a problem for other schools

did you put it in AADSAS? That's where it should be and when you signed up, you should've selected all schools. It'll automatically be sent. Make sure this won't be a problem for other schools
Thank you very much for your response. I am a Canadian applying to U.S. schools. I sent my DAT scores through the CDA. While I only input my cDAT score through the AADSAS application, most of the schools have received it. However, I still notice that the DAT scores on my AADSAS application are listed as unofficial. Did I make a mistake by sending them directly to the schools instead of through AADSAS? Thank you very much, and I wish you a wonderful time.

Thank you very much for your response. I am a Canadian applying to U.S. schools. I sent my DAT scores through the CDA. While I only input my cDAT score through the AADSAS application, most of the schools have received it. However, I still notice that the DAT scores on my AADSAS application are listed as unofficial. Did I make a mistake by sending them directly to the schools instead of through AADSAS? Thank you very much, and I wish you a wonderful time.
No that’s correct you send it to the school directly

They will receive it, it takes time

i got an email indicating i was missing a prereq for a lab course however this is a mistake as the class i took was a combined lab/lecture. then i got an email saying they are holding my application for further review at a later time. is it possible they placed my application for further review at a later time because of this or is my application just not competitive for this applicant pool currently? i sent an email last week clarifying the issue but i never got a response. should i call?
It is possible they are connected. Contact them about the course in question, citing a link to a syllabus or course catalog description. Call to make sure the information was received (not dropped in spam).

i got an email indicating i was missing a prereq for a lab course however this is a mistake as the class i took was a combined lab/lecture. then i got an email saying they are holding my application for further review at a later time. is it possible they placed my application for further review at a later time because of this or is my application just not competitive for this applicant pool currently? i sent an email last week clarifying the issue but i never got a response. should i call?
I’m not sure that this is connected because I got a missing pre req email as well (I was somehow missing 3 lol) but I didn’t get the further review email, I got the supp fee email.

Interview #1
Notification date:
8/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/24
Interview Date: submit by 9/6
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.28, Overall: 3.26
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 20 TS, 26 RCT, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: Kira

Notification date: 9/13
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: end of June
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9; Overall: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 25 PAT, 22 Reading

has anyone gotten an interview invite after receiving the email stating that your application is being held for further review at this time?
Nope, I got that email too and we will probably hear back later in the fall I’m assuming

Notification date: 9/29
Residency: RI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31 for UNE, (07/15 for every other school)
Application complete date: middle of July
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 21 TS, 19 PAT, 20 Reading

Last edited:
Notification date: 10/12

Residency: OOS - NJ

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25 (09/15 for supplemental fee)

GPA (science, overall): ~3.47, 3.47

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21 AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17

Interview: KIRA

Wondering the same thing, my interview was early November, don't know if they will update status on ADEA today or not.

Accepted via phone call/email!!!

• Love