UNE Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I’m still on the waitlist, and I was wondering if it would be okay to send a letter of continued interest at this point in the cycle 😭 I sent a letter of intent back in February!
I think it would help! I'm in the same boat, sent a letter of intent in January and then an update email once a month telling them about my continued interest and what I have been doing for volunteering and shadowing. From what I've heard they appreciate the updates. I totally understand the pain of waiting so hopefully we both get good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it should be okay. Update the school with any new experiences
Completed my Interview on 4/27/2023, no word yet. Is it bad form to reach out? My DAT scores improved from my interview date until now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would shoot them an email about your updated status and continued interest. Let them know you retook the dat and got a higher score
Could I PM you my draft and get some feedback before sending it?

I think it would help! I'm in the same boat, sent a letter of intent in January and then an update email once a month telling them about my continued interest and what I have been doing for volunteering and shadowing. From what I've heard they appreciate the updates. I totally understand the pain of waiting so hopefully we both get good news soon!
Have you heard anything from UNE yet?

not yet, hoping for something soon, planning on sending another update this week. what about you?
I sent an update last week, but haven't heard anything yet. My interview was about a month ago now.

Edit: Waitlisted on 5/26/23

Last edited:
I sent an update last week, but haven't heard anything yet. My interview was about a month ago now.

Edit: Waitlisted on 5/26/23
Hello! I interviewed around the same time as you and was waitlisted on 5/26 as well! Fingers crossed!

Also, did you send a letter of intent after being waitlisted? I might send one this weekend.

Hello! I interviewed around the same time as you and was waitlisted on 5/26 as well! Fingers crossed!

Also, did you send a letter of intent after being waitlisted? I might send one this weekend.
Hi there! They asked me to fill out a form of continued interest, which I did. I haven't sent anything else in at this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted 5/26 as well, haven't heard anything since. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I sent my letter of intent in on 6/27, they confirmed they received it the week after, haven't heard anything since.
I’ve been debating whether or not to send a letter of intent. Some people say it does nothing and others say it can help so I don’t know if it worth it. How long was yours?

I was waitlisted 5/26 as well, haven't heard anything since. Good luck everyone!
I am in the same boat! I interviewed in april, waitlisted May 26, and haven’t heard anything since. I was told that there could be waitlist movement up until orientation… but I wonder if there has been any recently.

I’ve been debating whether or not to send a letter of intent. Some people say it does nothing and others say it can help so I don’t know if it worth it. How long was yours?
Mine was 5 paragraphs, approximately 500 words. Nothing too crazy. I wasn't sure about sending one, but UNE is the only school I'm still waitlisted at, the rest of my interviews were rejections/master/post bacc offers :(

I am in the same boat! I interviewed in april, waitlisted May 26, and haven’t heard anything since. I was told that there could be waitlist movement up until orientation… but I wonder if there has been any recently.
Here's to hoping that we hear something soon, UNE is literally on the other side of the country for me, but it's my one shot left this cycle, so I'll fly out immediately lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine was 5 paragraphs, approximately 500 words. Nothing too crazy. I wasn't sure about sending one, but UNE is the only school I'm still waitlisted at, the rest of my interviews were rejections/master/post bacc offers :(
Same here, the waiting is the worst. Good luck, I hope someone receives some good news in this thread soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Goodluck everyone! Hopefully we'll all be celebrating some good news soon!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users