***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

ash01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying to the University of New England! :)
I received a supplemental application this morning. Anyone else receive one?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
did you guys get your supplemental in the same email stating that your application was complete? or did you get a separate email after that one?!

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys get your supplemental in the same email stating that your application was complete? or did you get a separate email after that one?!
I got two separate emails

Reactions: 1 users
Fantastic program!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Did you end up applying???

Still under consideration; leaning yes. Just doing some last-minute research on the program before paying the fee.

Still under consideration; leaning yes. Just doing some last-minute research on the program before paying the fee.

Hey
good luck this cycle ... .

Wanted to say nice quote thing you got going on.

:happy:

Hey
good luck this cycle ... .

Wanted to say nice quote thing you got going on.

:happy:

Thanks Tooth!! That means a lot, coming from you- best of luck to you as well. This is our year, my friend.

Do ya'll know when they start sending out interview invites?

I got 2 separate emails on Mon and Tues last week, one is "Application Received" and the other is for supplemental.
WARNING: You only have 7 calendar days from the sent date to complete the supplemental. I got mine last week's Tuesday so I had to rush it in before I was gone for the July 4 weekend.

Spoiler: The supp is not very long, only three 300-word answers. Focus on the underserved population.

I got an application received email and a "your application is now complete and under review" email, but no link to pay fee or supplemental. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an application received email and a "your application is now complete and under review" email, but no link to pay fee or supplemental. Anyone else?
You have to call and pay over the phone. Make sure you do it within 7 days of the original email.

You have to call and pay over the phone. Make sure you do it within 7 days of the original email.
But in the adea website says that supplemental app is by invitation and the instructions on how to pay the fee will be in that email o_O

But in the adea website says that supplemental app is by invitation and the instructions on how to pay the fee will be in that email o_O
Oh my bad. You haven't gotten the supplemental yet it sounds like. I think I got mine the day after that email. It had a link to the supp with three essay questions and instructions to call and pay.

Oh my bad. You haven't gotten the supplemental yet it sounds like. I think I got mine the day after that email. It had a link to the supp with three essay questions and instructions to call and pay.
Oh, great! Thanks :)

I submitted on 6/28 but my GPA still hasn't been verified. Do you know if UNE will wait until it is verified until they send out the supplemental? BU sent out the supplemental when I submitted.

I submitted on 6/28 but my GPA still hasn't been verified. Do you know if UNE will wait until it is verified until they send out the supplemental? BU sent out the supplemental when I submitted.
I submitted my app 6/27 and got verified today, so you should be verified very soon. I'm not sure when UNE sends out supplements but they might do it once your app is mailed out to them.

I received a supplemental app invite today. My application was verified late friday and it has not even been mailed out yet. I'm really surprised by the quickness of UNE, guess we are still very early to the process. Good luck to everyone.

For the strategies that you would use to succeed in the externship requirement, what are they trying to ask? Like what would I do to help me live in a rural area? Because as long as they have internet, I'm good. No strategies needed.

I received two emails. One says application received and the other says that my application is complete. The application complete on was on July 6th, but I haven't pay the fee and I haven't received an email to do so and to fill the supplemental. :confused:

How can my app be "complete and under review" without fee and supplemental?

Help!! I only have 5 quarter units of Microbio and the requirement says 6 quarter units what should I do there are no other mic courses I can take =/

Help!! I only have 5 quarter units of Microbio and the requirement says 6 quarter units what should I do there are no other mic courses I can take =/

If you end up emailing admissions, let me know what they say about this!

It can't. I would call them and make sure everything is in order. Mistakes happen when schools receive a ton of applications.
I called and left a voicemail. I said that I received an email saying that my app was complete and under review and was wondering how could this be possible if I haven't receive a supplemental app and haven't received info on how to pay the fee. She emailed me back this "I received your voicemail inquiring about a supplemental application. We offer supplemental applications by invitation only. They can go out at any time during the cycle." :confused: I wasn't asking them to send me the supplemental. I was asking how can my app be considered complete without one.:arghh:
I really would like to attend UNE :(

I called and left a voicemail. I said that I received an email saying that my app was complete and under review and was wondering how could this be possible if I haven't receive a supplemental app and haven't received info on how to pay the fee. She emailed me back this "I received your voicemail inquiring about a supplemental application. We offer supplemental applications by invitation only. They can go out at any time during the cycle." :confused: I wasn't asking them to send me the supplemental. I was asking how can my app be considered complete without one.:arghh:

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I received an email from them saying my application was received and another email requesting a supplemental application the same day. I know that the supplemental is by invite only but I heard they send one to everyone who meets the basic requirements. Is it possible that you are missing a requirement? I would call them until I speak to someone in person. I don't like leaving voicemails. I had to call 4 times to pay the fee until someone picked up but at least I don't have to play phone tag and risk sounding increasingly desperate on voicemail lol.

I just mailed a check since I called several times two weeks ago and couldn't get a physical person on the phone. That is also an option.

What if you did it at the end of summer?
I need to wait 90 days. That would be in September. I'll be taking 3 400 level bio courses and two non science. And I work 30 hours. It would be a similar situation to when I took it. The only time I had to study was at night, so I was sleeping 2 hours 5 days a week.

I think that my best bet is to take it the last day of winter break and have that month to study. No work, no nothing. But some schools have October as a deadline to receive stuff. So, my new score would be only for some and for the next year (if needed) What do you think?

That's my only red flag. The rest of my app is great.

This is why I never leave the actually info on a voicemail. I always just leave my name and number and ask them to call me back. That way if they misunderstand I can explain in when they call back. I hate when that happens :(

For the strategies that you would use to succeed in the externship requirement, what are they trying to ask? Like what would I do to help me live in a rural area? Because as long as they have internet, I'm good. No strategies needed.
Having the same problem with this question...can't tell what exactly they're trying to get at? Strategies for working with underserved populations or strategies for living in rural New England? Lol

Having the same problem with this question...can't tell what exactly they're trying to get at? Strategies for working with underserved populations or strategies for living in rural New England? Lol
It's more like what you think is different about rural medicine compared to non-rural medicine and how you would deal with it. I'll leave the actual answer up to you :)

Reactions: 1 users
I would suggest looking up what UNE's externships are all about. There's info scattered over the UNE website.
Hopefully that will lead to enough info to clarify the question. I think they really want to see your personal approach to the required externships. Set yourself apart from the crowd! :)

Does helping the homeless count as serving the underserved population?

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues reading/opening UNE's emails?
I received one with the subject "DMD application received" and another with, "DMD application incomplete, missing LOR", but when I click on the email to read them, it just has a bunch of lines of code.
(I'm using Gmail)

I received one with the subject "DMD application received" and another with, "DMD application incomplete, missing LOR", but when I click on the email to read them, it just has a bunch of lines of code.
(I'm using Gmail)
yeah, that happens to me too. Just scroll all the way to the bottom and click "download the entire message" and it'll show the content!

how l
(I'm using Gmail)
how long did it take you after you E-submitted to get the supplemental? does the transcript/GPA have to be verified first? I heard from BU immediately, but haven't heard from any other schools.

Thanks!

how l

how long did it take you after you E-submitted to get the supplemental? does the transcript/GPA have to be verified first? I heard from BU immediately, but haven't heard from any other schools.

Thanks!

I haven't received their supplemental yet, so idk

Mine application was complete and under review June 18 so I guess I'm not receiving a supplemental.

Mine application was complete and under review June 18 so I guess I'm not receiving a supplemental.

Maybe your stats is too high? I got my supplemental a couple days after my application was received.