The Late Night Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...Don't be mad, but I don't even know what you're talking about. :oops:

Game 6 of the World Series

Members don't see this ad.

Oooh. Huh. Well, I'm glad it was exciting.

Dishes = conquered! At least I know I'm capable of menial labor, if nothing else!

Oooh. Huh. Well, I'm glad it was exciting.

Dishes = conquered! At least I know I'm capable of menial labor, if nothing else!

You can get cut hella slack because you are a girl who also has multiple acceptances.

Well it is always good to know that you do have the necessary skill set to get a job as a dishwasher at Denny's.

Members don't see this ad :)
soooo... I'm basically doing anything but homework right now. Anybody have a wild Halloween weekend story they would like to share?? :D

I would share... if I had done anything exciting :(

I studied, watched TV, and slept until 5PM. Pretty average weekend.

I studied, watched TV, and slept until 5PM. Pretty average weekend.

nice. the sleeping in part sounds especially good... I played volleyball pretty much all day long Saturday and passed out cold right when I got home. Woke up with what felt like a hang over the next day... sadly it had nothing to do with consuming alcohol and everything to do with being too old to torture myself with all day volleyball tournaments!

soooo... I'm basically doing anything but homework right now. Anybody have a wild Halloween weekend story they would like to share?? :D

Had a wild wild night with some diff eq's (they do get freaky ;)).

In all seriousness though average weekend - TV, homework, sleeping. Also wondering if someone has good stories they can share.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have such a good story but not going to post it after CodeBlu got identified by an AdCom in an interview haha... and Im much easier to ID

I had a pretty good cheeseburger... but other than that, the fact that I'm rounding out this weekend with some late night studying should speak to its quality. :p

Edit: Also Coldstone (cake batter with brownie mix-in). Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on this weekend.

Last edited:

This weekend was horribly unproductive, but good. Went to a fraternity party on friday. I was just standing around watching beer pong, and this girl dressed as a bee (costume party) comes up to me, and starts making out with me. Not used to girls doing all the work.

On saturday my pledge brothers, and I started working on a trebuchet for a fundraising project.

Then sunday I just sat around, and checked SDN.

unproductive. yay! gooreplused with my 2016ers, and now I wanna sleep :( boys suck. food's awesome.

truth! I had amazing ginger snaps on friday <3 omg! what are you studying?

Genetics. :( Ginger snaps are so amazing! I should make some... tomorrow... after this exam! :laugh:

What's your excuse for being awake?

Genetics. :( Ginger snaps are so amazing! I should make some... tomorrow... after this exam! :laugh:

What's your excuse for being awake?
ahh that! mmm i agree! and you like to bake?! yay! :D haha

I'm doing this micro assignment. I was so burned out this weekend, I'm just starting on it :(

ahh that! mmm i agree! and you like to bake?! yay! :D haha

I'm doing this micro assignment. I was so burned out this weekend, I'm just starting on it :(

Baking = my natural state.

I feel your pain... Sometimes it's really hard to be responsible all the time. Good thing we aren't going into super challenging careers... :rolleyes: I'm hoping to magically transform into a super-person for med school, lol.

Baking = my natural state.

I feel your pain... Sometimes it's really hard to be responsible all the time. Good thing we aren't going into super challenging careers... :rolleyes: I'm hoping to magically transform into a super-person for med school, lol.
girl (?) omg, me too! <3 yay!

ugh. responsibility! I feel so old, but also so young sometimes. immature. i can't believe I might be a doctor one day :/

girl (?) omg, me too! <3 yay!

ugh. responsibility! I feel so old, but also so young sometimes. immature. i can't believe I might be a doctor one day :/

Yes! Girl! Finally, not being assumed to be a dude!

Sometimes I can't believe my peers will be doctors one day...

Yes! Girl! Finally, not being assumed to be a dude!

Sometimes I can't believe my peers will be doctors one day...
haha, thought you were a girl, just checking :)

oh man, me too! when I doubt my ability to be a doctor, i look at some of these damn peers :( even worse, some of the incompetent M1's i know :scared::scared::scared:

haha, thought you were a girl, just checking :)

oh man, me too! when I doubt my ability to be a doctor, i look at some of these damn peers :( even worse, some of the incompetent M1's i know :scared::scared::scared:

:eek: But somehow it all turns out alright.

Oh the joys of being awake during SDN routine maintenance...

Hello late night! I have been goofing off for hours now and I'm finally going to start my assignment for my evolution class... going to up for a while :yawn:

I hate having insomnia. I've got to get up at 6AM for a class and it's almost 2 :(

I hate having insomnia. I've got to get up at 6AM for a class and it's almost 2 :(

Dude I feel you for sure, I've been having nights like that, couple-three times a week for the last month and a half or so.

I also had a near-scare tonight, my stepmom posted on FB that she was in the ER with my baby brother, turns out he just cut his toe on glass and needed some stitches, but needless to say I was fairly worried.

I also had a near-scare tonight, my stepmom posted on FB that she was in the ER with my baby brother, turns out he just cut his toe on glass and needed some stitches, but needless to say I was fairly worried.

Ahh scary! people shouldn't post stuff like that on fb! glad hes ok though. :)

I'm just taking a mini project break... just needed to share that pandora is killing it right now with late 90s jams!... I love pandora (sometimes)

Finally only barely scraping the surface of late night... goodnight! :sleep:

Ahh scary! people shouldn't post stuff like that on fb! glad hes ok though. :)

Me too. And if you do post it don't take forever posting a reply as to what was wrong.

Figures last night I don't fall asleep until 5 and then my dreams are all scary. One I remember is that the US and Russia started fighting a war in Europe so me and my family and everyone else in my town was praying that the war would stay conventional, but knew in our guts that eventually it would go nuclear and we would all die. :(

Yeah, I tend to have morbid dreams from time to time.

Me too. And if you do post it don't take forever posting a reply as to what was wrong.

Figures last night I don't fall asleep until 5 and then my dreams are all scary. One I remember is that the US and Russia started fighting a war in Europe so me and my family and everyone else in my town was praying that the war would stay conventional, but knew in our guts that eventually it would go nuclear and we would all die. :(

Yeah, I tend to have morbid dreams from time to time.

me too, last night I had a dream that I didnt get into med school :scared::scared::scared:

me too, last night I had a dream that I didnt get into med school :scared::scared::scared:

Yeah that would be scary in a very depressing sense.

The dreams I hate the most are the ones in which I have died but realize that I am dead within the dream.

That and dreams in which you dream.

Speaking of dreams, I had one of my brother's idiot cat attacking a mouse and bring it next to me as I sleep. This has been an annoying recurring dream, as I'm also mortified by the thought of rats (or any rodents).

Speaking of dreams, I had one of my brother's idiot cat attacking a mouse and bring it next to me as I sleep. This has been an annoying recurring dream, as I'm also mortified by the thought of rats (or any rodents).

Yeah. I used to live in a more rural area and we would have some issues with mice. The sounds they make at night are creepy as He**.

The man of my dreams is off dating another girl. I'm working on these damn lab reports while eating a cheeseburger. Hello late nighters :thumbdown:

Studying BIOCHEM :(!

Also, what happened to the section of the forums that was w/e topics you wanted? e.g. not medical related?

The man of my dreams is off dating another girl. I'm working on these damn lab reports while eating a cheeseburger. Hello late nighters :thumbdown:

Berries you should know better than to post on late night at like 5pm your time. Rules are 12:00 AM your time zone to like 10AM, or 9AM. It says it on OP

Boo :( I'm sorry Berries. I know how that is, except it is the girl of my dreams dating another man but same diff.

Studying BIOCHEM :(!

Also, what happened to the section of the forums that was w/e topics you wanted? e.g. not medical related?

Studying muscle enzymes and muscle tissues for my pre-lab.

I need some more cheesecake.

Haha. I need to go off sweets for a while (perhaps until Thanksgiving?) Halloween was not kind to me, e.g. I ate too much free candy.:laugh:. My taste buds may have enjoyed it, but my waist line did not.:laugh:

Haha. I need to go off sweets for a while (perhaps until Thanksgiving?) Halloween was not kind to me, e.g. I ate too much free candy.:laugh:. My taste buds may have enjoyed it, but my waist line did not.:laugh:

:D I love this time of the year. I abandon working out, enjoy big meals cooked for me, along with free candy, and an assorted variety of desserts :cool:

Dang, it's already 3AM, I'm gonna hit the hay, labs until 7PM tomorrow :(